Keep The Flame...

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
StratoHeart
Keep The Flame...

Post by StratoHeart » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:53 pm

There's so many bad things happening... nobody knows what the course Stratovarius will take. People are speculating the end, Tolkki said he must think about it... will we be prepared for the worst? No one band will be as special, as great, as perfect as Strato was to me.

Now I want to convoke all StratoBangers here, fans or those who just like its music, to make a promise: No matter what will happen or why will happen, we will never let Stratovarius fall into the oblivion.We will always have it inside our hearts and spread its music through the ages, its memory will always be remembered, and its name carved in the metal stone among the legends, among the gods, at least while WE live. We'll keep walking with our shirts, playing our Cds in our cars, and never let Stratovarius' music and legacy die!

We'll KEEP THE FLAME ALIVE FOREVER!

The day's almost gone, but you carry on
Can you keep the flame for me?
My life's almost gone, but please carry on
Can you keep the flame for me?
Would you keep the flame for me....

:~(

browneyedgirl

Re: Keep The Flame...

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:26 am

That is a beautiful post and I agree. But, don't be so pessimistic--TT has not called it quits yet. He is just taking a rest.
For all we know he could be busy right now getting things prepared for the next album.
Sooner or later he will issue a statement telling us the plans for the future.
He is giving interviews, so evidently he seems doing OK.
Lets not lose hope or assume the worst.

But, yeah, if the worst scenario does happen I will always keep in my heart the memory of Stratovarius. Wear my T-shirts proudly, and play that wonderful music with pride--not just out of loyalty but because I like the music.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:43 pm

TT will not wuss out because of some shitty times. He's stronger than that.

Faith, people! There will be a couple more Strato albums yet, and surely some solo stuff from Kotipelto, and probably solo stuff from Jens and Tolkki, and some new stuff with Jorg maybe..
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

Stratoagriniotis

Post by Stratoagriniotis » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:47 pm

I was glad to read this post. You are very right my friend. STRATOVARIUS ARE NOT DEAD!!! Im sure they will come back with a killer album. And the members who have left will kick ass too. I'L KEEP THE FLAME!!
ROCK HARD RIDE FREE!!!
GET NAZISM OUT OF METAL!

Alaluusua

Re: Re: Keep The Flame...

Post by Alaluusua » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:50 pm

Fireblade wrote:
TT will not wuss out because of some shitty times. He's stronger than that.

Faith, people! There will be a couple more Strato albums yet, and surely some solo stuff from Kotipelto, and probably solo stuff from Jens and Tolkki, and some new stuff with Jorg maybe..
And Miss K :)
Helileijaa

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:25 pm

With TT´s words:
"It is just a rock band" :)
Delusions Of Grandeur

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:30 pm

Twilightsymphony wrote:
With TT´s words:
"It is just a rock band" :)
.........but, what a Rock band it truly is! :)

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:34 pm

I hold a candle to keep the flame alive. I will never stop listening to Stratovarius. (and their perfect song: Destiny :) )
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

empi

Post by empi » Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:52 am

Hi folks
I think the old stratovarius is gone. And the new one has nothing to do with the old. So i would say let us keep the flame of the old stratovarius alive and it is up to TT what will happen in the future. And by the way for me
it won't be a shock if he finishs stratovarius because the old is gone and from the new i haven't heard anything. so i am here try to live my life as good as i can and will see what the future brings to me.

greetz empi

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:19 am

Beast_Pete wrote:
I hold a candle to keep the flame alive. I will never stop listening to Stratovarius. (and their perfect song: Destiny :) )
AMEN! And, ALL their songs come close to pefect, IMO!

GreenPeace

Post by GreenPeace » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:59 am

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twilightsymphony wrote:
With TT´s words:
"It is just a rock band"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.........but, what a Rock band it truly is!
It's not just a rock band... it's THE rock band!
[Insert punch line here]

Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:56 am

That's the most beautiful thing I've read in a while, it brings tears to my eyes...

And yes, even if TT calls it quits and breaks up Stratovarius, I'll still keep their wonderful music in my head (and heart). I'll listen to each and every one of their albums if I have to, just to keep the memory of one of the best (and for me, most influencial) band ever alive! :)

In short, good music doesn't die, so Stratovarius will never die either!

And for you people who still have doubts about the band's future: Strato will never die because we are FANS! And we are fans because we appreciate good music. Strato is our definition of good music, therefor their music will never die and neither wil the band!

ladyofeternity

Post by ladyofeternity » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:14 am

I don't want that Stratovarius die :~(

Their music & lyrics always will be special for me !
I never will forget the good moments that I had in the Stratovarius shows & when I meet the guys too !
I really Hope that they'll be together but if is not possible I wish all the best to all Strato Members & I hope that Strato music lives on always in our Hearts & Minds !!! :music: :luv2: ;)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:33 am

GreenPeace wrote:
quote:
Twilightsymphony wrote:
With TT´s words:
"It is just a rock band"

.........but, what a Rock band it truly is!
It's not just a rock band... it's THE rock band!
They are NOT just a rock band--it semms that the people that drop everything to see them live, rush backstage w/their free passes etc sling that STUPID saying the most. Like I say, if you truly have that shitty attitude, give me your slot on the free guestlist, your tickets, your autographs,etc. and I'LL go!! A true fan does NOT say,"This is just a rock band." because Strato is more than just music--they are an icon, a beacon of hope---maybe these guys did not intend it, but their music sends a message of hope, fredom, and love to thousands!
So, Strato is NOT just a rock band......if you think thats all it is, you can kiss my grits because you are just a poser--not a dedicated fan!
Keep the Flame--what a truly meaningful song! :)

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:25 pm

Dont tell me if i am a fan or not. Strato is neither my favourite band nor the best band in the world, that doest mean that i do not like their work. No need for worshipping.

Btw: You are contradicting yourself :eyes
Delusions Of Grandeur

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:17 pm

Now, thats NOT worshipping just to want the SAME chance as other people in the world to see/associate with these bands.
Last edited by browneyedgirl on Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:29 pm

Well, TS, don't take it offense, but if you're not a fan, maybe you will not get my point on this thread. But if you really are a fan, think again. It's not worshipping, guy, I'm just saying that we fans will not let the name Stratovarius simply disappear.

They are not gods, and they might not be the best band in the world, but it's our FAVORITE, case closed. So, don't start conflicts here, please. Just let us talk and dream.

Twilightsymphony

Re: Re: Re: Keep The Flame...

Post by Twilightsymphony » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:08 pm

@ Stratoheart: Ok, i will stop it, although it wasnt me who started criticising. I just dont like it if people tell me if i am a fan or not. Whatever a fan might be. Your first post fits it pretty well i think, although i wouldnt say it so dramatical =P ;)
Last edited by Twilightsymphony on Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delusions Of Grandeur

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:09 pm

My argument was not with TS at all. Basicly, I guess I am just pissed off that I may not ever get to see StratoLive, and I get highly annoyed, jealous, and feel left-out as a fan when I see you Europeans going to the festivals, sharing drinks&autographs with the band, partying together, etc etc etc, ad nauseaum....
Its NOT a damn bit fair, and I have a right to have my feelings because there are lots of StatoFans in USA that would LOVE to see them live.

Hows THAT for honesty? :D
Jealousy&being pissed off are not bad emotions--it only signifies that someone feels they got the "short end of the stick"--and as USA StratoFans, I think, so far, we TRULY have.....;)

Cristiane

Post by Cristiane » Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:42 pm

I can understand you Brownie... though I've seen Strato 3 times in my life, I do feel jelous and angry when I see european people sharing good times with the band members and here we can barely see them in the shows. I mean, they take so long to come here, that when they finally come the gigs get so crowded that's impossible to get a little bit closer to the band members during and after the show. :buh:

I really wish I could come closer them, talk a while, take some pics and have my autograph... I think that's pretty fair, cause I'm a fan and it's normal act like that. I don't feel stupid because of that.

Stratovarius is really important to me, I've got the same feeling only with 2 bands in my life: KISS and Helloween in the Kiske times. They had the same magic, it was amazing to see those guys on stage ( though I never saw Kiske live).

Yesterday I was listening to Visions of Europe.. man.. what a fucking show! I really wish to see them playing together again, listenign to Jorg's drumm, Koti's voice... those guys fit perfectly playing together. I'm letting my hopes get high, and I'll be really happy if we see a reunion. But if we don't, unfortunately there's nothing that I can do... sure I'll be really sad, but I'll keep on listening to my old records and keep in memory the good times I had when I saw them live.
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

GreenPeace

Post by GreenPeace » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:02 pm

Augh...people, calm down, keep the flame but don't let it incinerate you! :)
[Insert punch line here]

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:33 pm

GreenPeace wrote:
I like that! :D
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:33 am

GreenPeace wrote:
Thats a great saying! It would be good to put in a signature! :)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:35 pm

Cristiane wrote:
I can understand you Brownie... though I've seen Strato 3 times in my life, I do feel jelous and angry when I see european people sharing good times with the band members and here we can barely see them in the shows. I mean, they take so long to come here, that when they finally come the gigs get so crowded that's impossible to get a little bit closer to the band members during and after the show. :buh:

I really wish I could come closer them, talk a while, take some pics and have my autograph... I think that's pretty fair, cause I'm a fan and it's normal act like that. I don't feel stupid because of that.

Stratovarius is really important to me, I've got the same feeling only with 2 bands in my life: KISS and Helloween in the Kiske times. They had the same magic, it was amazing to see those guys on stage ( though I never saw Kiske live).

Yesterday I was listening to Visions of Europe.. man.. what a fucking show! I really wish to see them playing together again, listenign to Jorg's drumm, Koti's voice... those guys fit perfectly playing together. I'm letting my hopes get high, and I'll be really happy if we see a reunion. But if we don't, unfortunately there's nothing that I can do... sure I'll be really sad, but I'll keep on listening to my old records and keep in memory the good times I had when I saw them live.
I know.....:( if they decid to break up for good there is nothing anyone can do. I won't hold a grudge but I will be disappointed for a while. But, in any cae, al of us have our CDs&DVDs to watch! But, it would be good to have an autograph! ;)
I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high because a number of people have sid this newfound closeness could be a "show" just to pacify fans&keep it peaceful betwen them. Maybe....??? I guess in about a month we all will finally know something--in the meantime, I am enjoying loking at these great pics&reading all these wonderful gig reviews!:)
But, if they do decide to stay together-even for just one album--I'll celebrate with a pizza&beer party for the people I know that like Strato!!!!!!!:beer:
Smartass people like to hurl that "Obsessed" label on outspoken fans,(I am a frequent target, but I don't give a flying fuck!) because you know what? I have noticed these malicious namecallers are often the first in line to get tickets or autographs,and they certainly don't squawk when put on the guestlist or get invited backstage!:rotflmao2: 8)

GreenPeace

Post by GreenPeace » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:43 pm

quote:
GreenPeace wrote:
Augh...people, calm down, keep the flame but don't let it incinerate you!

I like that!
Huh? ???
Sorry, but I don't get it...
[Insert punch line here]

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:01 pm

Me neither.
:err:

jean_luc_picard

Post by jean_luc_picard » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:40 pm

The only thing I'd like to know right now is what really will be of this band... I mean, we have read all kinds of impressions here on the last days - some more pessimistic, some less - so it's hard even imagine what will be. There are so many contradictions... well, I think we'll have to wait at least until the 3rd of July, and perhaps beyond... :eyes =P
Last edited by jean_luc_picard on Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What are you going to do then?
Knock on the doors with your head, Peregrin Took!

Electric Eye

Post by Electric Eye » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:16 pm

You're absolutely right, man !
Grettings to all Stratofans in the heavy metal universe !
So where does the power come from to see the race to its end?
From within.

metalmaiden

Re: Re: Re: Keep The Flame...

Post by metalmaiden » Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:13 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
.......There are those of us who are real fans who would love to be able to see Strato ONCE live---much less every single year! You Europeans take that availabilty/ability to see those great bands for granted-very much so! And, if they are,"just a rock band" to people--then,I repeat--I'll take your tickets, slot on the guestlist, autograghs, and beers together off their hands,and you all can stay home if it does not really mean anything to you! ;)
Now, thats NOT worshipping just to want the SAME chance as other people in the world to see/associate with these bands.

My argument was not with TS at all. Basicly, I guess I am just pissed off that I may not ever get to see StratoLive, and I get highly annoyed, jealous, and feel left-out as a fan when I see you Europeans going to the festivals, sharing drinks&autographs with the band, partying together, etc etc etc, ad nauseaum....
Its NOT a damn bit fair, and I have a right to have my feelings because there are lots of StatoFans in USA that would LOVE to see them live.

Jealousy&being pissed off are not bad emotions--it only signifies that someone feels they got the "short end of the stick"--and as USA StratoFans, I think, so far, we TRULY have.....;)
I can totally relate....look without making this story too long - Stratovarius has a special place in my heart because they were the first of the so called European Power Metal bands that i "discovered" and this discovery happened with my boyfriend of the time (who is now my husband). We felt such a special connection to the bands music that "our song" at our wedding was a Strat song.

We always dreamed about taking a trip to Europe (our first visit) to see Stratovarius, we put it on our fantasy to do list, imagining going to Helsinki , or to one of the festivals, Germany , Italy.... Then we heard the news of the breakup and our dreams were shattered.... except that Timo promised that they would be doing the already scheduled concerts with the old line up so we scraped together all the money we could (lucked out on some really cheap airline tickets - had to be fate) and took a chance on a once in a life time opportunity with our fingers crossed that it would happen and we were definitely not disappointed!

So our attachment may be irrational but it is real and we will always carry the flame of their music in our hearts. :)

jean_luc_picard

Re: Re: Re: Re: Keep The Flame...

Post by jean_luc_picard » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:59 pm

metalmaiden wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
.......There are those of us who are real fans who would love to be able to see Strato ONCE live---much less every single year! You Europeans take that availabilty/ability to see those great bands for granted-very much so! And, if they are,"just a rock band" to people--then,I repeat--I'll take your tickets, slot on the guestlist, autograghs, and beers together off their hands,and you all can stay home if it does not really mean anything to you! ;)

I can totally relate....look without making this story too long - Stratovarius has a special place in my heart because they were the first of the so called European Power Metal bands that i "discovered" and this discovery happened with my boyfriend of the time (who is now my husband). We felt such a special connection to the bands music that "our song" at our wedding was a Strat song.

We always dreamed about taking a trip to Europe (our first visit) to see Stratovarius, we put it on our fantasy to do list, imagining going to Helsinki , or to one of the festivals, Germany , Italy.... Then we heard the news of the breakup and our dreams were shattered.... except that Timo promised that they would be doing the already scheduled concerts with the old line up so we scraped together all the money we could (lucked out on some really cheap airline tickets - had to be fate) and took a chance on a once in a life time opportunity with our fingers crossed that it would happen and we were definitely not disappointed!

So our attachment may be irrational but it is real and we will always carry the flame of their music in our hearts. :)
this is what I call passion. how great! =P understood now what I meant when I said "the importance of strato is as natural as the rising of the sun?" =P
What are you going to do then?
Knock on the doors with your head, Peregrin Took!