News from Jörg

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Moony
News from Jörg

Post by Moony » Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:15 pm

As posted on his website today:

"Here is some news from me. Jens said he posted something in the Stratovarius forum so I would like to give my view on the past few weeks also. I didn't want to post anything at first, because I didn't want to interfere with the complicated situation inside Stratovarius and there are so many rumors and other shit flying around in the net.

A while ago, Timo Tolkki asked me to help him with some new songs he had written. He had looked for and auditioned drummers, but had found nobody. For these new songs, he needed real drums from a real drummer there to know how it sounds. So it was something like demoing the songs, but maybe if it turned out good enough it could also be a real record.

I have known Timo since long time and I still consider him a friend, so of course I agreed to help him. What I am observing with Stratovarius is a band is in deep crisis, and because that music and the band has meant a lot to me, it has been such an important part of my life the past years, I did not consider it a big deal to help a friend with something like that.

So at the end of March, Timo and his bass player came to Dortmund to bash the songs around in my rehearsal room. In the beginning of April I flew to Helsinki to record at Soundtrack studios in Pitäjänmäki. We had just worked 2 days, Monday, April 5 and Tuesday, April 6, putting the drums and microphones up, when Timo called on Wednesday, April 7 to say he feels really terrible. Before this there was no outward sign that anything was wrong, but of course the whole situation with him the last few months and the situation in the band was not too nice for him. Maybe everything what happened since November was a hint of a breakdown at the same time, I don't know!

He said he would be back in the studio on the following Monday. As I didn't know what to do, I figured I would practice and bash around the songs in the studio because everything was set up and ready to go. We started recording a few tracks with only me playing to click. Then on Saturday I got an SMS that Timo was in the hospital with no idea of when he would check out of there. After knowing this guy for so long, I mean he is a world class, great guy, I was shocked. I thought the only thing I can do is to try to help. Because the studio was already booked I recorded the songs twice so TT has lots of material to choose from. Jens came over from New York within a few days and he was a really big help. He will also finish editing & cutting some of the drum takes next week. I had to leave Helsinki because I have a session with a band called Soulslide which I like to help, but I will return soon.

By the time I now write this TT is out of the hospital and we have had some contact, he still is under heavy medication but he is feeling a bit better. Surely we all are still focusing on the shows coming up and I hope it will give TT also a little help in this strange situation.

I also heard that a few people asked about what happened to the bass player in the forum! Of course he was supposed to come to the studio as well. We always recorded together with drums and bass at the same time. I don't know why he thought he would not be able to help, maybe he just didn't think about it!

The only thing we can do is hope for the best, that Timo rests and gets back his old strength and shape, and that the Timo like we all know him will return. At that point we will see how things will turn out for the future, for him, for his music, for everybody who loved his music. I really wish that everything turns out in a cool way and that the name Stratovarius doesn't have the negative touch anymore it has now!

From my personal point of view, it makes me very very sad to see a band like this which has brought such nice things to my life, in this state of being. It really feels unnecessary. I also wonder if everybody in the band really had the fun I had!?

But it could be a good thing for Timo that something drastic happens. I have observed what has happened the last few months and I hope something good will come out of all this.

So watch out for more news!

bye bye for now and catch up soon, you fuckers :)

P.S. Of course now everybody will question if I will rejoin Stratovarius. What I can say on this subject is this, if nothing changes, then I feel safer staying alone. I have a few requests to play on some albums but I will take my time to decide where I really want to go!

If Jens made a solo project I would join that immediately but I have the feeling that if he does that, he asks his brother Anders first.

I am looking forward to, and I am ready to do, the final shows with Stratovarius and I expect the band to do them in full strength.

Jörg Michael"
You know where you are? You're in the jungle, baby. You're gonna DIE!

johnnyingrstrv

Re: News from Jörg

Post by johnnyingrstrv » Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:37 pm

OH-KAY !
Six strings is all you need in this life...

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:20 pm

Thanks M!

Jörg is cool or what! :D
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:01 pm

Jörg doesn't call Jari by the name, just "the bass player"... what a strange stuff

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:09 pm

Hey, take a look! Jörg is using the Brazilian national soccer team's shirt! 8)

It's an honor for us, Jörg, thank you!!!!! ;)

Cristiane

Post by Cristiane » Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:13 pm

Nice! Jorg is wearing a Brazil t-shirt! :D :D :D :D

Maybe Jorg left the band because of Jari, I don't know... he's still TT's friend, it's clear. But it'd be soooo cool if he could rejoin the band... 8)
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Electric Eye

Post by Electric Eye » Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:37 pm

Well, I wanna say, I'm first time in forum, I don't know excatly how it works by now, but I like it. Great news Jorg, long live TT, long live STRATOVARIUS !
So where does the power come from to see the race to its end?
From within.

HymnToLife

Re: Re: News from Jörg

Post by HymnToLife » Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:57 pm

:D
Last edited by HymnToLife on Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://ahymntolife.cjb.net
I'm the one who holds the key
To all that I can be

jean_luc_picard

Post by jean_luc_picard » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:21 pm

definitely if it wasn't for jörg and jens actually we would have no-band... the ones (maybe) least expected proved to be the best in times of need... this is a great demonstration of devotion to stratovarius... and I think Tolkki should bear in mind this for the future... :) :D
What are you going to do then?
Knock on the doors with your head, Peregrin Took!

God Called In Sick T

Post by God Called In Sick T » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:30 pm

Jörg is teh man!

(Repeat until death)

NP: Immortal - Throned By Blackstorms
Sir Öfdhe Necromountain, slaying motherfucking trolls since the word 'fuck' was invented.

The69thEye

Post by The69thEye » Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:37 am

If I read what some of you guys are writing in this forum i'll get really ill or mad or whatever!!!!!
TT is ill/ just left the hospital.....and some you think about the future of STRATOVARIUS......Better think about the future of TT!!!
Then you ask: What's with Jari???? Hmmmm....is he the mad guy in STRATO???

What the hell are y'a writing about???? Write about sth nice!!!! The only thing some of ya are doing is making more trouble to some musicians....Much more trouble than they need at this time!!

ANd if ya really wanna know whats up whith Jari, then read what he said in the foum some days or weeks ago!!!!

So I wanna wish all the best to this musicians!!!!!

P.S.: If ya think its shit (what I say) then perhaps sorry.... i drunk a bit to much..... (I think)

PP.SS.:And for the fans of really good ProgRock: MARILLION will release their new album MARBLES on Monday the 3rd...SO have a look at it!!!!
Do Anything Ya Wanna Do

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:12 am

And, yes, we are all worried about TT---but, it seems he is improving and we all are thankful for that. Given the nature of depression, however, he's going to need lots of time to recover so, lets just all support him and wish for the best! TLC-thats the ticket!
Last edited by browneyedgirl on Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

loztdignity

Post by loztdignity » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:21 am

lol Jorg is cool
Hi Im a 24 year old guy from Sweden. My sunsign is cancer and I love music!

Luca

Post by Luca » Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:47 pm

Jorg is very cool and his help seems great! Men, he recorded twice to give Tolkki different versions of the drum-lines so that when he'll feel better he will have much more material to choose!!! What a great! I hope that he'll come back to Stratovarius, he says it's not impossible... we'll see.
But surely Jorg doesn't really have a good consideration about "Jari-the-crazy-biker" :D :D :D because he calls him Tolkki's bass player.... I guess Jari has pull himself too much out of the games... :buh:
Suomi Finland rulez!

stratovarius_legend

Post by stratovarius_legend » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:52 pm

You rulz Jörg I have alot of respect for you :D :D :D
Keep This band alive :D
Fight Until We Die!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat May 01, 2004 3:05 am

He deserves a second chance in this band! :)

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

cliff

Post by cliff » Sat May 01, 2004 3:44 am

This planet is really strange sometimes..
<b>This is wrong</b>

browneyedgirl

Re: Re: Re: News from Jörg

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat May 01, 2004 4:56 am

cliff wrote:
This planet is really strange sometimes..
Yep.....I hate to think what might happen next! :eek:

iron_thunder

Re: Re: Any news?

Post by iron_thunder » Sat May 01, 2004 1:00 pm

StratoHeart wrote:
Jörg doesn't call Jari by the name, just "the bass player"... what a strange stuff

Yeah, isn't that bizarre?

Still, a nice, neutral statement. We've heard from everyone except Jari, who never really seems to say anything anyway. Maybe he's out on his dirtbike, heh.

www.sacredembrace.com
www.myspace.com/sacred_embrace_webzine

iron_thunder

Re: Re: Any news?

Post by iron_thunder » Sat May 01, 2004 1:01 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:

Jorg? He doesn't seem to want one, though...

www.sacredembrace.com
www.myspace.com/sacred_embrace_webzine

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Sat May 01, 2004 1:32 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
Maybe HE is thinking about to give another chance... to Timo Tolkki :err:

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Sat May 01, 2004 1:40 pm

the worst thing about this is that he says "the bass player"...

browneyedgirl, don´t you have a pic with jorg and jari, uh?

make us happy :crowd1:

good luck in the future although i don´t like miss-k for singer here!!

by the way
can somebody tell me WHY I CAN´T MAKE A NEW POST!!!!!?????

thanx

Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange » Sat May 01, 2004 1:56 pm

After all what's been going on in Stratovarius, Jörg still supports the band in desperate times. That's what I call a great guy! 8)
StratoHeart wrote:
I think this shows that Jörg doesn't like Jari very much, and judging by Jari's attitude, I think the feeling is mutual.

jean_luc_picard

Post by jean_luc_picard » Sat May 01, 2004 4:05 pm

Moony wrote:
As posted on his website today:

"P.S. Of course now everybody will question if I will rejoin Stratovarius. What I can say on this subject is this, if nothing changes, then I feel safer staying alone. "
safer? that means the band is a dangerous mean to deal with? ??? how strange... anyway, I think there might be no real friendship between jari & jörg, but I'm quite sure jari's disappearance or unwillingness to speak about the band's situation is part of his style, of his way of life and taking easy. That can be seen as a very-light and chilled one, or otherwise as someone who isn't very into the whole affair and doesn't take care. I'd prefear the first one... 8) =P
What are you going to do then?
Knock on the doors with your head, Peregrin Took!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat May 01, 2004 4:13 pm

eternity_strato wrote:
the worst thing about this is that he says "the bass player"...

browneyedgirl, don´t you have a pic with jorg and jari, uh?

make us happy :crowd1:

good luck in the future although i don´t like miss-k for singer here!!

by the way
can somebody tell me WHY I CAN´T MAKE A NEW POST!!!!!?????

thanx
-----------------------
Now that you mention it, I haven't found a pic with Jari&Jorg together. :err:

You are entitled to your opinion about new singer....this Forum is not a dictatorship, although I am sure that certain ones would love to make it so! ;)
I am against new singer, too--but its not my band,so what can I do about it? Cry?
Her clips are HORRIBLE, but wonders can be done in the mixing booth. Besides, put a low-cut, mini-dress on her, and from the looks of it, most fans will be satisfied.
And, yes, I was being sarcastic....but, thats from diligent, unbiased observation.;)

Diamanthai

Post by Diamanthai » Sat May 01, 2004 5:17 pm

Another brilliant statement from Jörg!

Respectful, friendly and not in one word offensive. Gr8 Man, Jörg!
When I laugh, it`s tears i hide and when I cry it`s joy inside.
DEMONS AND WIZARDS -Gallows Pole

GreenPeace

Post by GreenPeace » Sat May 01, 2004 10:47 pm

Btw, his shirt rulesssssss heheheheh :D :D :D
Last edited by GreenPeace on Thu Jan 01, 1970 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Insert punch line here]

ElDiablo

Post by ElDiablo » Sun May 02, 2004 1:56 am

Soulslide is great! Hope Jörg plays some gigs with them (in Finland ;))
'Religion is the most malevolent of all mind viruses' - Arthur C. Clarke