Tolkki's Statement of May 4th

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
stratohawk
Tolkki's Statement of May 4th

Post by stratohawk » Tue May 04, 2004 8:50 am

Hey Folks, did you read that??? That's the most reasonable stuff I read of him in the last months, it sounds pretty good!!! :) Wow Timo Tolkki - THANK YOU!!!! Thanks that you wrote you now know how we felt after the split - and again: We wish you the very best!!!!! Our prayers are with you!!!

Maybe there's still hope for Stratovarius!!

Engwahilion

Re: Tolkki's Statement of May 4th

Post by Engwahilion » Tue May 04, 2004 9:37 am

Ah, so great that Timo is feeling better! I was relieved, and I think what he says is reasonable, that if it cant be the stratovarius that is stratovarius, better to lay it to rest. But anyway I hope Tolkki will continue his musical legacy!

Hold on to your dream Timo!
Not every door is meant to be opened, not every puzzle is meant to be solved.

Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange » Tue May 04, 2004 11:54 am

I am glad to see TT is feeling better and that he finally admits that he has a serious problem.

And I have to agree with him, if TK won't come back to Stratovarius, he should consider breaking the band up for good.

I have much respect for TT and Miss K could prove to be a valuable addition to the band as singer in due time, but I think Stratovarius will never be the same without TK!

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Tue May 04, 2004 12:32 pm

I disagree.

Other bands change lineup.

Or why not a band with another name, with Tolkki, Jens, Jari and Katriina? Call it whatever-the-fuck, I don't care, it's the music that matters.

I think this stick-in-the-mud attitude from "fans" is what has partly caused this thinking by Tolkki.

*oh, I'm soo scared of change* :eyes

I just hope that this, and the sexist crap that Katriina got at first, has not prevented Tolkki from writing music ever again.
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

Cristiane

Post by Cristiane » Tue May 04, 2004 1:14 pm

I'm so glad TT is feeling a little better. I've never been so sure that he's gonna make it... he'll pass over this situation, cause I feel that he's really conscious about the things he've been doing... now he know that this is not the way to face the bad things in life.

I totally agree with TT, and I'm so happy cause there might be a chance of true Stratovarius come back... this is the band we knew and will always be the band I care for. I'm sure Katriina can join another band proper to her style. But this Stratovarius exists only with those guys... I know that maybe I'm expecting too much, but I can't hide it... :D
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MetalForever

Post by MetalForever » Tue May 04, 2004 3:47 pm

But I´m sure, that Strato will never die!!!Even if they end, their songs will be there forever.
Last edited by MetalForever on Tue May 04, 2004 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don´t be afraid of Darkness!
Rise Your Sword And Fight For Good

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Tue May 04, 2004 3:57 pm

Who are we to say what is Katriina's style is?

I think only she and Strato can say that.

I am sorry that she got so much crap that all this has happened. She was a total innocent at the wrong place at the wrong time, and suffered for peoples' arrogant belief that they can define what is "Stratovarius" more than the band members can.

How likely is it that TK will return? He can't even look at TT or speak to him.

The fans of Strato chased out a perfectly good singer. Yes the blood pictures were pathetic. But collectively, we fucked up the new lineup before we even heard her voice.

Who's feeling proud of themselves?

I wanna puke.

browneyedgirl

Re: Re: Tolkki's Statement of May 4th

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue May 04, 2004 4:30 pm

[/quote]
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Giallanon

Post by Giallanon » Tue May 04, 2004 5:38 pm

What I think is that without TK, Stratovarius should not be called "Stratovarius".
I mean, call it "TT band" and then you can use whatever singer/drummer you want and most of us will still buy your records and give it a try.
The problem is not with the singer itself, but it's about what the name Stratovarius means to most of us.

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Tue May 04, 2004 5:55 pm

I would have been interested to hear new Strato (or whatever they would call themselves) material with Kathriina, because i think that the last cds were more or less similar. I hope that, if there will be a new album, it will be more innovative than the last ones, because whats the reason for having the old line-up back without developing?
Last edited by Twilightsymphony on Tue May 04, 2004 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delusions Of Grandeur

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Tue May 04, 2004 6:20 pm

Giallanon wrote:
What I think is that without TK, Stratovarius should not be called "Stratovarius".
I mean, call it "TT band" and then you can use whatever singer/drummer you want and most of us will still buy your records and give it a try.
The problem is not with the singer itself, but it's about what the name Stratovarius means to most of us.
You have proved my point exactly.

jean_luc_picard

Post by jean_luc_picard » Tue May 04, 2004 6:59 pm

:D
Last edited by jean_luc_picard on Tue May 04, 2004 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What are you going to do then?
Knock on the doors with your head, Peregrin Took!

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Tue May 04, 2004 7:28 pm

It's good to see, that Tolkki is well, or at least feels better again. I hope, that a Stratovarius line up with the old 5 and Katriina is not impossible. Just imagine a band with a male and a female singer...
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Tue May 04, 2004 9:52 pm

Beast_Pete wrote:
It's good to see, that Tolkki is well, or at least feels better again. I hope, that a Stratovarius line up with the old 5 and Katriina is not impossible. Just imagine a band with a male and a female singer...

... Nightwish? 8)
Delusions Of Grandeur

loztdignity

Re: Re: Re: Tolkki's Statement of May 4th

Post by loztdignity » Tue May 04, 2004 10:12 pm

Twilightsymphony wrote:
Beast_Pete wrote:
Theatre of tragedy? Sirenia? Trail of tears? etc etc

... Nightwish? 8)
Hi Im a 24 year old guy from Sweden. My sunsign is cancer and I love music!

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Tue May 04, 2004 10:25 pm

Great post, picard, I agree with most of your points. Hell, in the past months there was not a single day without ignorant people spreading their shit like "hey, because I think THIS way, all the others are motherf***ers who think the OTHER way round". It's so true, we simply should wait - and please, to everybody: Do not start that "I am a real metalfan (or Stratofan, or Tolkkifan, or whatever), and your opinion doesn't count a damned fuck"-stuff again!!!

Respect and tolerance - Tolkki's latest statement stands for strength and not for weakness. We should act and behave this way.

MasterChu19155

Post by MasterChu19155 » Tue May 04, 2004 11:54 pm

I hope they will find a compromise and solve their problems. :(
Last edited by MasterChu19155 on Tue May 04, 2004 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Torture

Post by Mr Torture » Wed May 05, 2004 12:54 am

Tolkki returned to his own mind and this is what we was expecting for!!!
Timo, now you have my support to keep the Stratovarius flame alive!!!

Take Care :)
"If you're feeling alone then just pick up your phone. Dial 1 8 double 0 Mr Torture. Mr Torture sells pain!"

Prometeus

Post by Prometeus » Wed May 05, 2004 10:28 am

I just hope that Kotipelto understands that Tolkki didn't behave the way he did because he was an asshole but because he suffered from a mental illness. This is not easy because you can't turn back the time and so on but Kotipelto really should think to forget what has happened.
Just remember the lyrics of "A million lightyears away..."
Que es mi barco mi tesoro
Que es mi dios mi libertad
Mi ley la fuerza y el viento
Mi única patria la mar.
- Tierra Santa - La canción del pirata

Cristiane

Post by Cristiane » Wed May 05, 2004 1:33 pm

I just don't understand why some people try to act like Katriina's lawyers, I mean, none of us know her! We never heard she singing (unless their terrible songs with her old band), so there's no reason to cry for her... I don't get it... :eyes

And besides, no one in here is saying that she's a whore or something like that... the people who start to do that is already gone from the board, and there're some people like me that can't accept another line up, except the original... is that a crime? We're not blaming TT or whoever took this decision... we're saying that we didn't like it! That's all...
There's no reason to say "poor missk... oh! I feel so sorry for her...blablabla"
C'mon... nobody in here can say "I'm a missk fan" cause we never heard anything from her! Besides, the old Stratovarius is what matters to me... if the can't carry on with the old line up that's ok too... I'm not telling to TT what he must do or not... save me from these statements, I'm not TT's mother or wife! :eyes I'm just a fan that wants to listen the best from Stratovarius, and the best for me is the original line up.
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Stratoviking

Post by Stratoviking » Wed May 05, 2004 2:31 pm

I am so happy that Timo feeling a bit better. my biggest wish right now is that Timo Kotipelto and Tolkki can be friends again and that Stratovarius will go on and make great music like thay always have done. Keep the flame alive!!!!!!

Stratoviking
Fight fight for the things you
belive in, never give up
fly your own way!!!

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Wed May 05, 2004 2:42 pm

Don't you count that Timo Tolkki also has feelings and emotions? He might miss the old line up and the band as hard or probably even harder than we do, he's not doing any favor to the fans... he shouldn't of course

Beast_Pete

Re: Re: Re: Tolkki's Statement of May 4th

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed May 05, 2004 5:41 pm

Twilightsymphony wrote:
Beast_Pete wrote:

... Nightwish? 8)
Similar, but better. (Nightwish is good, but Strato is better, and with Miss K and Koti, it would be even better)
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Neorave

Post by Neorave » Wed May 05, 2004 5:48 pm

WOW!!! :eek: I leave for one month and look what happens (been working om my forum). Thank the Lord that Tolkki is okay. For the lineup, it should be all of the original lineup plus Katrina. This way, everyone has a fair part. Kotipelto should come back, his voice was a big factor to the band.
Somehow I still have an account...yay...?

Twilightsymphony

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tolkki's Statement of May 4th

Post by Twilightsymphony » Wed May 05, 2004 6:17 pm

Beast_Pete wrote
Similar, but better. (Nightwish is good, but Strato is better, and with Miss K and Koti, it would be even better)
Was just the most famous example. ;)

About all this "Strato shouldnt change the lineup"stuff:
Its just so fucking normal for bands to change their line-up, almost no bigger band stayed together all the time...
Good music is not necessarily related to a certain band constellation.
But most fans are so "close-minded" that they dont accept this possibility.

I still think a female voice could have helped Stratovarius to develop further. We´ll see. I dont know if i will buy the next cd if it is Elements/Infinite Pt.4 i think :err:
Delusions Of Grandeur

jean_luc_picard

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tolkki's Statement of May 4th

Post by jean_luc_picard » Wed May 05, 2004 6:45 pm

Twilightsymphony wrote:
Beast_Pete wrote
Was just the most famous example. ;)

About all this "Strato shouldnt change the lineup"stuff:
Its just so fucking normal for bands to change their line-up, almost no bigger band stayed together all the time...
Good music is not necessarily related to a certain band constellation.
But most fans are so "close-minded" that they dont accept this possibility.

I still think a female voice could have helped Stratovarius to develop further. We´ll see. I dont know if i will buy the next cd if it is Elements/Infinite Pt.4 i think :err:
I think almost nobody here is close-minded twilight; even if a dog would have sung in Stratovarius I still would have bought all the albums and gone to their concerts. And yes, it's true, most of the major bands changed lineup, and without necessarily get worse (I love "The X Factor" and Blaze rules, to quote one). But it is useless to sit here now and blame everyone for having throw shit against Miss K. And apart from some idiots, it is also false.

What I really can't uderstand is why most of the people that 3-4 months ago were crazy against Tolkki for having kicked out Kotipelto now are flaming him for trying to do what they "wanted". I've read posts of all kind on other boards, with people judging Tolkki like they knew him personally, saying "Koti don't come back for he's a liar and always will be" or "such a man should not be trusted, he's never been sincere" and bla bla bla.

???
This is unconceivable. What the hell is going on? Are we surronded by magistrates who point their finger and sentence people like they were owners of heavenly-given rights? Are they faultless, and their lives so pure? C'mon, every man makes mistakes sooner or later, and a TRUE human being is the one that admits his faults and learns from them to move on.

The real problem is that many in this world hide judgements behind opinions. And can't lose an opportunity to remain silent.

Stratobanger

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tolkki's Statement of May 4th

Post by Stratobanger » Wed May 05, 2004 9:02 pm

Another great post by jean :)
Last edited by Stratobanger on Wed May 05, 2004 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...And the booga will unite the nations and in the name of the justice, they'll fight against the evil one...

-The Booga Prophecies by Zheo Blackheart, master of all magics

jean_luc_picard

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tolkki's Statement of May 4th

Post by jean_luc_picard » Wed May 05, 2004 9:10 pm

[/quote]
Last edited by jean_luc_picard on Wed May 05, 2004 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lapazeus

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tolkki's Statement of May 4th

Post by Lapazeus » Wed May 05, 2004 9:12 pm

Stratobanger wrote:
Another great post by jean :)
Another bad quotation by Stratobanger ;)

neonlightchild

Post by neonlightchild » Wed May 05, 2004 9:24 pm

i don´t know what to think, not even what to say.
In one hand, we have Tolkki in a recovering process, which is great to know and i send all my good wishes to him.
But, in the other hand, Tolkki is being quite intelligent and fair about Stratovarius future, and that´s 50% good news and 50% bad news.
Why? because if they (Tolkki and Koti) can´t solve their stuff, then we all cry for a great band death. But i still have some drops of hope in my heart so they can make it through and hopefully we´ll have the plasure of enjoying one more Stratovarius album.
So, i have not a conlcusion, not even a point of what to think about Stratovarius if they broke up...so the only thing i can do is wait and hope they can still go on :eyes
"slaughter of the soul, suicidal final art"