Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Tribute more information!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blurkan
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

This has been in the air for quite some time already, but finally there's something concrete to tell... The Italian record label Steelborn Records will be releasing a Stratovarius tribute album called "Within Infinity" in November 2004. At the moment the list of bands and the songs they'll be performing looks like this:

1. Highlord: Against The Wind
2. Dark Horizon: Hunting High And Low
3. Desdemona: Black Diamond
4. Kaledon: Father Time
5. Heraldry: The Kiss Of Judas
6. Metal Kings: Legions
7. Skylark: a medley of "Out Of The Shadows" and "The Hands Of Time"
8. Eddy Antonini: Forever

And where is sonata arctica?Confused

Moony

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ehem..

www.stratovarius.com/forum/ viewtopic.php?TopicID=5087

SA ain't there obviously because it's a tribute with Italian bands by an Italian record label.

khamael

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Booga Booga... My band would be there with Cold Winter Nights but our drummer leaves....so...nothing.

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

[/quote]

vene777

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

cool Highlord, Kaledon, Desdemona and Skylark are excellent, hope there will be more good bands on it

khamael

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

[/quote]

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
vene777 wrote:
cool Highlord, Kaledon, Desdemona and Skylark are excellent, hope there will be more good bands on it

What you see written is what we will get! Smile

Luca

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

It's quite boring because even Rhapsody are not in the tribute. BTW Highlord are really very great!!!

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Luca wrote:
It's quite boring because even Rhapsody are not in the tribute. BTW Highlord are really very great!!!

Yes, Rhapsody should have done one of the Epics like INFINITY, DESTINY, or VISIONS! They are very good!

NixxxoN

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Blurkan wrote:
This has been in the air for quite some time already, but finally there's something concrete to tell... The Italian record label Steelborn Records will be releasing a Stratovarius tribute album called "Within Infinity" in November 2004. At the moment the list of bands and the songs they'll be performing looks like this:

1. Highlord: Against The Wind
2. Dark Horizon: Hunting High And Low
3. Desdemona: Black Diamond
4. Kaledon: Father Time
5. Heraldry: The Kiss Of Judas
6. Metal Kings: Legions
7. Skylark: a medley of "Out Of The Shadows" and "The Hands Of Time"
8. Eddy Antonini: Forever

And where is sonata arctica?Confused

Oh shit, that's not as good as I hoped, those bands are underground... Strato deserves much better bands, at least the level of the Helloween tribute "The Keepers of Jericho"... Sad

Cristiane

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I think Highlord and Desdemona are really good bands. I like them, but I agree with NixxxoN... the Helloween tribute was amazing, and Strato also deserved a tribute like that, with Rhapsody and other bands, not necesseraly italian bands.

About the Khamael signature, I have some animations like that! My friends call them Xiao Xiao, is that the right name? Smile

MasterChu19155

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

If there are only italian bands than maybe Rhapsody will join, too.

Or what about Graveworm an Stormlord ? Very Happy

Twilightsymphony

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
MasterChu19155 wrote:
Or what about Graveworm an Stormlord ? Very Happy

Graveworm would be great. Their covers are pure genius. They arent cheesy enough though Wink

NordicStorm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I don't want to sound negative or anything, but you know your tribute album is in trouble when the most famous band appearing is...Skylark?!? They could've gotten a few more high profile bands, is all I'm saying...
It should of course be noted I'm not the biggest fan of tribute albums, though.

Mormegil

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
MasterChu19155 wrote:
If there are only italian bands than maybe Rhapsody will join, too.

That would be great! I'd like to hear them playing a song like Twilight Symphony. W00t

Blurkan
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

The final tracklist of the Stratovarius tribute album is taking shape:

Highlord: Against The Wind
Dark Horizon: Hunting High And Low
Desdemona: Black Diamond
Kaledon: Father Time
Southern Cross: Will The Sun Rise?
Heraldry: The Kiss Of Judas
Toccata Magna: Paradise
Metal Kings: Legions
Skylark: a medley of "Out Of The Shadows" and "The Hands Of Time"
Eddy Antonini: Forever
Amazon: The Abyss Of Your Eyes
Heaven's Guardian: Uncertainty
Glory Opera: Forever Free
According to Whiplash! the album will be released in September and will be distributed in Europe, Japan and South America.

Finally there are 13 bands ....great but i prefer 16-18 Smile Smile

MasterChu19155

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Wuäääähhhhh no Rhapsody, Graveworm and Stormlord. ;_;
Crying

But it will be gerat I think. ^^

Taim

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

This sucks completly.
None of those bands are known. I have never heard of them. And from what I read, they are far from being a 'great bands'. And I'm not interested in hearing tiny wannabe stratovarius bands. I remeber similar tribute to Blind Guardian and it was a total disaster, and I guess this is just going to be the same. To hell with that kind of tributes.

Blurkan
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Taim wrote:
This sucks completly.
None of those bands are known. I have never heard of them. And from what I read, they are far from being a 'great bands'. And I'm not interested in hearing tiny wannabe stratovarius bands. I remeber similar tribute to Blind Guardian and it was a total disaster, and I guess this is just going to be the same. To hell with that kind of tributes.

i only know Skylark Surprised i hope that tha bands play with high level

antonio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Rhapsody?
however i know highlord.. very good italian band..

MAJINDIEGO
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Taim wrote:
This sucks completly.

i guess that´s because no great band came after strato to the point of willing to cover them...or more truly, no one is willing to pay them...

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
MAJINDIEGO wrote:
Quote:
Taim wrote:
This sucks completly.

i guess that´s because no great band came after strato to the point of willing to cover them...or more truly, no one is willing to pay them...

I'm not that enthusiastic anymore about this tribute--I'll wait until I hear some reviews before I plunk down $15.00 for a wannabe Album. But, since it is Strato...... Buh

A3000

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I think Sonata Arctica should play Learning to Fly or Distant Skies...

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
A3000 wrote:
I think Sonata Arctica should play Learning to Fly or Distant Skies...

.....Or, Black Diamond! Smile Great! Smile

Latuman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Agreed. Not going nuts about this, but might be fun nevertheless. Highlord is a good band, and so are many other italian bands. You shouldn't hate them because they arent that well known.

cliff
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Moony wrote:
SA ain't there obviously because it's a tribute with Italian bands by an Italian record label.
Oh my god.
Do you know what it means ?
italian bands = italian (little) record label = horrible sound.
I still remember the "I Am Alive" coversong by Luca Turili's band in "Keepers Of Jericho - a Tribute To Helloween". What an horrible production !

cliff
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

... and myself i would be interested in that tribute CD ONLY if there is Laura Pausini performing "Speed Of Light" Cool

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I think I'll just buy the DVD, and wait about the tribute. I have a feeling it will be many copies available for those who want one. Wink
I mean, this is NOT Visions we are talking about here! Very Happy
What? No Epics? Icon_shake

timo the soulforged

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

the bands are that unknown that i wonder why they didn't include my band too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wink

God Called In Sick T

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Tribute more information! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

It sucks big time. It's sad that no one but a italian label wanted to record a tribute to Stratovarius. I'm not pissing the italian labels off, I just say that's not fair enough to Stratovarius.

NP: Marea - Barniz

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum