Not so good news...

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Luca
Not so good news...

Post by Luca » Mon May 17, 2004 4:22 pm

I read something about an interview of Kotipelto while he was here in Italy, he said that Tolkki changes so many times idea about everything, that only if he'll become normal Kotipelto will speak again with him... Kotipelto says it's Tolkki's band, and he doesn't want to think about it and that he's still very angry with Tolkki for his behaviour. He judges his statement very strange too, and he seems like an idiot... Other things I'll write later, now I've to go out.
Suomi Finland rulez!

browneyedgirl

Re: Not so good news...

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon May 17, 2004 4:36 pm

Put yourself in Koti's shoes instead of judging HIM. Its going to take a while for him to get over the shabby treatment TT did to him. Illness, or not, the horrible things TT said about Koti would be hard for anyone with any self-esteem to forgive. PLUS, Koti probably knows MORE about the situation than we do......so, its best for ALL of us to shut up, and mind our own business. For now,anyway....
Another thing, did ANY of you stop to think that MAYBE TT might really want it this way? Maybe he wants to rid himself of Strato the least painless way posible so he can get on with his life&maybe create a new band, with a new name.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

khamael

Post by khamael » Mon May 17, 2004 5:37 pm

Luca wrote:
I read something about an interview of Kotipelto while he was here in Italy, he said that Tolkki changes so many times idea about everything, that only if he'll become normal Kotipelto will speak again with him... Kotipelto says it's Tolkki's band, and he doesn't want to think about it and that he's still very angry with Tolkki for his behaviour. He judges his statement very strange too, and he seems like an idiot... Other things I'll write later, now I've to go out.
isnt'it any link for this interview?

Gnosis_and_Life

Re: Re: Not so good news...

Post by Gnosis_and_Life » Mon May 17, 2004 8:45 pm

khamael wrote:
The link is: www.truemetal.it but it's in Italian only.

BTW, Koti also said, regarding TT "apologize" statement, that Tolkki has not contacted him personally, nor before neither after the statement.

IMO, it's not sincere / honest to apologize "publically" so everybody can see "I'm the good one now" while in his private life he's not doing anything to solve the problems. :buh:
Menetät terveytesi lähitulevaisuudessa, jos ryyppäät niin paljon.

khamael

Re: Re: Re: Not so good news...

Post by khamael » Mon May 17, 2004 9:18 pm

Dont worry, i'm italian ;)
Last edited by khamael on Mon May 17, 2004 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue May 18, 2004 1:20 am

Gnosis_and_Life wrote:
khamael wrote:

BTW, Koti also said, regarding TT "apologize" statement, that Tolkki has not contacted him personally, nor before neither after the statement.

IMO, it's not sincere / honest to apologize "publically" so everybody can see "I'm the good one now" while in his private life he's not doing anything to solve the problems. :buh:
So, you are saying TT said a bunch of Bullshit just to maybe make HIMSELF look good to the fans? :(
Because, IMO, in light of what happened, and TT is the decision-maker, TT should make the first move---and I thought that was what was supposed to have happened ???
I thought TT was going to offer the olive branch....

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Tue May 18, 2004 1:35 am

Gnosis_and_Life wrote:
khamael wrote:
Why don´t you translate it for us?

Gnosis_and_Life

Re: Re: Re: Re: Not so good news...

Post by Gnosis_and_Life » Tue May 18, 2004 1:39 am

Last edited by Gnosis_and_Life on Mon May 17, 2004 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue May 18, 2004 1:52 am

I see what you mean, and I can agree with that! :)

Hope it works out, because I'd like to hear those 3 planned albums done by Koti!
:)
But, its not for the fans to decide, unfortunately....:(

Stratobanger

Post by Stratobanger » Tue May 18, 2004 2:32 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
I see what you mean, and I can agree with that! :)

Hope it works out, because I'd like to hear those 3 planned albums done by Koti!
But, its not for the fans to decide, unfortunately....:(
You said it...
...And the booga will unite the nations and in the name of the justice, they'll fight against the evil one...

-The Booga Prophecies by Zheo Blackheart, master of all magics

Luca

Post by Luca » Tue May 18, 2004 9:11 am

I'll try to translate the main passage where he speaks of Tolkki and Stratovarius and his future. AV is the interviewer, TK is of course Kotipelto

(AV) Non hai mai pensato di entrare in qualche altra band? Hai ricevuto qualche offerta anche solo per qualche partecipazione ad album o a qualche progetto?
(TK) Tantissime proposte! Ma ho rifiutato perché voglio promuovere il mio nuovo album. Voglio fare ciò che voglio senza problemi. E dopo la storia con gli Stratovarius voglio scegliere da solo!!! C’erano un paio di progetti interessanti, non so se saranno realizzabili, sicuramente non quest’anno, forse l’anno prossimo... Starete a vedere...[risata]

Translation:
AV: Have you ever thought of joining some other band? Did you receive any particular offer to sing on some album or to join some project?

TK: Many many offers! But I refused because I wanted to promote my album. I wanna do what I want without problems. And after the story with Stratovarius I want to choose by myself!! Ther were couple of interesting projects, I don't know if they were possible, surely not this year, maybe next one... You'll see...

(AV) Qualche considerazione riguardo lo split dagli Stratovarius e la Stratovarius “soap-opera” che mi vuoi dire...
(TK) Non la chiamerei “soap-opera”, ma “mental-opera”. Tolkki non è sano, è malato di mente! Non mi è piaciuto nulla di ciò che ha fatto e detto! Per essere onesti, sono tuttora molto arrabbiato con lui. E’ completamente un malato mentale. Tutto qua!”

AV: Some consideration about Strato-split and the following Strato-soap opera that you want to tell me?
TK: I would not call it "soap opera" but "mental opera"! Tolkki is not sane, he's mentally insane. I didn't like anything of what he did or said! To be honest, I'm still very angry with him. He's completely mentally sick. That's all!

(AV) Ti leggo un passaggio dello statement di Tolkki che è uscito sul sito degli Strato questo lunedì...
"I felt what many Stratovarius fans must have felt about changes in the band they love. And finally I saw it clearly. Stratovarius is Timo Kotipelto, Jens Johansson, Jörg Michael, Jari Kainulainen and Timo Tolkki. If this line up is not possible, then there cannot be any band called Stratovarius..."
Qual è la tua opinione?
(TK) E’ la sua band. Non è così?!? Lui non mi ha mai chiamato. Mai! Fino a quando continua a non dirmi nulla, può starmi lontano!!!”

AV: I read you a passage from the statement of Tolkki that came out on Strato web site this monday: - then follows the statement as above -
TK: It's His band, isn't it? But he never called me! NEVER! Since he continues to tell me nothing, he'd better stay far from me!!!

(AV) Ti leggo un altro passaggio... Sempre che tu sia disposto a commentare, se non vuoi fa niente...
"I am also up for trying to solve the problems with Timo Kotipelto, if he still is willing to try. I am hoping that with a little work, he will have have compassion, understanding and forgiveness for my behaviour the past year. This will not be easy and it will not be cheap. But if we can´t sit down like men and talk and solve them together..."
(TK) Che tristezza!!! Cosa posso dirti: sembra un idiota! Non mi piace. Lui ha fatto le sue scelte e al momento io non voglio proprio pensare a queste cose.

AV: here's another passage... if you feel to give a comment... If you don't, nevermind..: -another statement part, as above-
TK: What a sadness! What can I say? He seems like an idiot! I don't like him! He made his choice and now I don't want to think about these things.
(AV) Tolkki cambia idea spesso, non trovi?
(TK) Nel passato diceva una cosa, ne faceva un’altra e il giorno dopo cambiava completamente idea ancora. Non ho veramente capito dove volesse arrivare l’anno scorso...[faccia perplessa] Io ti ho detto che era già malato, ma adesso è andato perfino in ospedale e quando Jens [Johansson] l’ha visto era molto debole a causa delle pesanti cure a cui era sottoposto. E quando gli ha parlato, lui parlava molto lentamente... così: "Le cose belle...[ borbotta qualcosa imitando Tolkki con gli occhi socchiusi e ciondolando la testa, che non ho capito...]"

AV: It seems that Tolkki changes idea quite easily!
TK: In the past, he said one thing, he did another one, and the day after he changed idea again! I really didn't understand wher he wanted to go last year [doubtful face] I said he was already ill, but now he even got into hospital and when Jens saw him he was very weak due to the heavy medications he got! And when he (Jens) spoke to him, he (Tolkki) spoke very confused and slowly.... like this:
"...the ..nice ..things..." (imitating Tolkki with closed eyes and moving slowly the head right and left).

(AV) Cosa?
(TK) No. Niente... [scuote la testa] Speriamo ritorni normale!!!

AV: What?
TK: No. Nothing... (moving his head). Let's hope he'll get normal again!!!

(AV) Ok, puoi confermare ora come ora a tutti i fans italiani che lo spettacolo programmato per giugno al Gods of Metal si terrà?
(TK) E’ programmato! Ora come ora ti assicuro che si farà certamente. Comunque è qualcosa di complicato [risata]. Le condizioni di Tolkki sono così particolari e deve essere a posto per lo show. Deve!!!

AV: Can you confirm that the italian Gods of Metal partecipation is still ok?

TK: It's planned! In this moment I can tell you it's for sure! But it will be complicated. Tolkk's condition are quite particular and he must be ready for the show! He must!

@ BEG: I didn't refer "he seems like an idiot" in the first topic-message to Kotipelto, that's why I guess you told me not to judge Kotipelto... actually I don't judge him, he's too much weight of responsability now.... Every choice he'll make, I'll understand...
Suomi Finland rulez!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue May 18, 2004 11:22 am

Well, that translation kind of depresses me. But, I can understand Koti--ill or not, Tolkki had no right to insult TK like he did in public--it only added fuel to the fire. I have heard rumors that this drama started even before the signing of the deal, and poor Koti was a total victim in all this. The timeline adds up and IF those rumors were true, Koti was a fly that got tangled in a very twisted web, intentional or not. However, in the end TT will be held responsible for the end result of this drama, as things are always revealed in the final act. It won't be pretty, and this translation has pretty much knocked the wind from my sails. :(

I still have hope all the guys will be OK, and there can be a happy united ending!I guess I am just a blind fool! Happy endings only exist in fairy tales,never in reality--but, I do still hope! So, I say: TT, please offer the olive branch to Koti. Only a blind idiot now thinks you are an angel. :( Please don't disappoint fans AGAIN, by going back on your word. :(
And, Koti, listen to him and think about what hes saying--yet, I can't blame you if you refuse.:(
Its none of our business what these guys choose to do in the end--yet, I still hope for those 3 last albums. :)

Ethereal

Post by Ethereal » Tue May 18, 2004 2:26 pm

I hope Koti will pardon Tolkki, too.
But I can understand TK if he is angry!
< < < v a t v t t b > > >

Gnosis_and_Life

Post by Gnosis_and_Life » Tue May 18, 2004 5:19 pm

Anyway, goin' back to Strato, if I talk about "happy ending", I think that a happy ending is that every member or former member look up to his own happiness and peacefulness. That's the best and healthier way to live our lives.
Last edited by Gnosis_and_Life on Tue May 18, 2004 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jean_luc_picard

Post by jean_luc_picard » Tue May 18, 2004 6:53 pm

there can be forgiveness, but this does not mean that there will be Stratovarius again. Indeed, I think Kotipelto's words are quite clear. Crystal clear. :err:
What are you going to do then?
Knock on the doors with your head, Peregrin Took!

Gnosis_and_Life

Post by Gnosis_and_Life » Tue May 18, 2004 7:04 pm

jean_luc_picard wrote:
there can be forgiveness, but this does not mean that there will be Stratovarius again. Indeed, I think Kotipelto's words are quite clear. Crystal clear. :err:
You said it better, my friend.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue May 18, 2004 8:01 pm

jean_luc_picard wrote:
There is always hope......right up til the last minute! ;)
To coin a phrase: It ain't over til the Big Guy speaks! :)

khamael

Post by khamael » Wed May 19, 2004 1:58 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
jean_luc_picard wrote:
There is always hope......right up til the last minute! ;)
To coin a phrase: It ain't over til the Big Guy speaks! :)
Lets hope that Gods of Metal will be not the last show of Stratovarius in Italy... :buh:

Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange » Wed May 19, 2004 3:16 am

jean_luc_picard wrote:
Just because he says that now, doesn't mean he can change his mind later, when Tolkki explains his behaviour and apologizes to Koti.

And even if Koti does forgive him, him rejoining Stratovarius is another thing. At this moment, he seems to state that this will probably not be the case, but maybe, just maybe he'll come around and think of all the good times they had together.

As for Koti insulting Tolkki, I'm pretty sure that Koti is just very upset and he wanted to make Tolkki know how he feels, although I agree that he used the wrong words to express himself (although it's hard to control your words when your angry).

Mourner of Darkness

Post by Mourner of Darkness » Wed May 19, 2004 1:16 pm

I do really not believe that Strato will make a reunion as long as Tolkki is in this condition, but as some of you says, he should contact Kotipelto and apologize and BTW he should also stop with all the boozing.
Tolkki! You have already taken some steps in the swamps, please stop the boozing before it's too late! :err:
Metal will live FOREVER!!

khamael

Post by khamael » Wed May 19, 2004 2:02 pm

Last edited by khamael on Wed May 19, 2004 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed May 19, 2004 2:17 pm

[/quote]

Gnosis_and_Life

Post by Gnosis_and_Life » Wed May 19, 2004 5:39 pm

???
[/quote]

khamael

Post by khamael » Wed May 19, 2004 5:53 pm

I readed something similar...the 28% of the interview as you said. ;)
Last edited by khamael on Wed May 19, 2004 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gnosis_and_Life

Post by Gnosis_and_Life » Wed May 19, 2004 6:04 pm

[/quote]
Last edited by Gnosis_and_Life on Wed May 19, 2004 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jean_luc_picard

Post by jean_luc_picard » Wed May 19, 2004 7:08 pm

ehehe gnosis, do not try to run over the supreme Lord Of Booga-Booga!!! :D =P
What are you going to do then?
Knock on the doors with your head, Peregrin Took!

khamael

Post by khamael » Wed May 19, 2004 10:03 pm

[/quote]

khamael

Post by khamael » Wed May 19, 2004 10:06 pm

jean_luc_picard wrote:
ehehe gnosis, do not try to run over the supreme Lord Of Booga-Booga!!! :D =P

:lol:

Btw JLP i cant go to your site...is there any problems?

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Thu May 20, 2004 4:10 pm

>=(
Last edited by StratoHeart on Thu May 20, 2004 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu May 20, 2004 5:29 pm

I won't give up.....I WON'T!
Until Tolkki comes here, and posts with his own fingers that Strato has died! I have never gave up on anything, or anyone, in my life until it was utterly hopeless. I will not give up on this wonderful band! :) TT needs our faith, but of course, if he does not want it thats another story. :buh: