FESTIVAL REPORTS/REVIEWS

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
browneyedgirl
Re: Re: FESTIVAL REPORTS/REVIEWS

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:00 pm

NightLady wrote:
it's on the second page i think. image 0100 it says... the 20th one. um... hope u all find it... but anyway just look at tt and tk. :)
They look as if they are talking, or maybe just looking at one another.
I hope they are talking...after all, TT is still Koti's Boss until the end of these shows! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

timo the soulforged

Re: FESTIVAL REPORTS/REVIEWS

Post by timo the soulforged » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:40 pm

ah now i see what you mean...i've allready asked about this pic in the funny rics thread and everyone said it was a coincidence.....who knows?? :)
Gold-Booga.C-Guard

A3000

Post by A3000 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:45 pm

Past topic...
Shut up and stay alive!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:07 pm

Bump this up!
There are 2 Shows in Finland, last night&one going on right now!
If anybody went, I'd like to hear what happened. Your experience, how the band did, etc......:)

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

timo the soulforged

Post by timo the soulforged » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:13 pm

why such a silence?!!
Gold-Booga.C-Guard

Gorgar

Re: Re: Re: FESTIVAL REPORTS/REVIEWS

Post by Gorgar » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:49 pm

timo the soulforged wrote:
why such a silence?!!
Maybe there is not review from RMJ because its 3 day festival andnowis midsummer (Juhannus). Finns are more or less under influence of alcohol :buh:

kolcer

Post by kolcer » Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:35 pm

My apologies, for my poor english.

So, if you let me, I will write somethig about the GIG in Czech Republic - Vizovice, which was 3rd July 2004.

First I'd like to say, that I'm new to Stratovarius. I know this band for only few months, and I go totally crazy about they music. So when I discovered what is going on within the band, I decided that I want to see Statovarius live at least once. (before I walked into metal music, i was a big fan of Queen, but unfortunetly Freddie Mercury died before I was grown up enough to go to the concert. So perspective of being again a fan of group, which i never heard alive and don't exist anymore - was not too fun for me)

Closest Gig to my home (South-east Poland), was planned in Vizovice. I don't want to borrow You how Did I get there, let me get straight to the festival.

I'd like to mention, that Stratovarius had really tough thing to do, because Europe, which played before them, set the crossbar very high. (yes, yes, Europe is back on stage, and where could they make they first shows, if it wont be the middle of Europe?) I think they made the jump at least twice as high as Europe. If someone is intrestet with that, here is the setlist:

I walk to my own song
Speed of light
Hunting high and low
Forever Free
Eternity
Phoenix
Forever (acoustic version)
Kiss Of Judas
Father Time
Regin Of Terror
Destiny
Black Diamonds

Hope didn't mess that one up. My favourite part of the show? I think Hunting high and low. I will risk a thought, It could be even a lot better than the live version on Intermission, if it was recorded live. I'm really glad that I was there. I'm only courious why there was lack of song from Episodes albums. Anyway really great show, and I wont be surprised if they continue Stratovarius. It didn't look like it was one of the last shows. It was very powerfull, instead of a sad goodbye. I only seen a sad look of Timo Tolkki, when he walked away last. It looked like he want to see the Stratovarius audience for the last time. Or maybe I'm wrong. I'm am not a fairy:)

p.s. Hey i didn't understand for who was song Forever dedicated, if someone remeber, please reply.

p.s.2 Thanks guys for autographs> Hey Jens, you made strange look for my Elements Pt.2 Limited Edition Booklet, you have seen it for the first Time? Just Kidding.

Pozdrowienia!! (greetings)
The time has come to break away, or you go astray.

timo the soulforged

Post by timo the soulforged » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:50 am

You say they played the acoustic version of forever....this means the two timos together alone in stage it would be nice to see that.... i wish i was there....
Gold-Booga.C-Guard

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:39 pm

You say they played the acoustic version of forever....this means the two timos together alone in stage it would be nice to see that.... i wish i was there....
Yes, I wish I could have been there--that was my birhday!
But, thank God, it will not be the last show of Stratovarius! :)

timo the soulforged

Re: Re: Re: Re: FESTIVAL REPORTS/REVIEWS

Post by timo the soulforged » Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:55 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
thank god...
Gold-Booga.C-Guard

dwarflander

Post by dwarflander » Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:45 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
Oh, happy belated birthday BEG :)

They performed Forever in Nummirock also. It´s always wonderful. At Tavastia they played Season of Faith´s Perfection, now THAT nearly made me cry :(
Pimeys, tästä eteenpäin olet minulle valoa.
(André Gide)

oldy

Post by oldy » Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Is there any other version than an acoustic version?? I´d like to hear it :D

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:17 pm

oldy wrote:
Is there any other version than an acoustic version?? I´d like to hear it :D
When I heard that version of FOREVER on Infinite Visions it brought tears to my eyes!Only someone very hardhearted would not be touched by that song.
I envision an elderly man dying, saying goodbye to his beloved wife. Of course, its just a beautiful song, but thats my interpretation of it. :D

timo the soulforged

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FESTIVAL REPORTS/REVIEWS

Post by timo the soulforged » Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:32 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
When I heard that version of FOREVER on Infinite Visions it brought tears to my eyes!Only someone very hardhearted would not be touched by that song.
I envision an elderly man dying, saying goodbye to his beloved wife. Of course, its just a beautiful song, but thats my interpretation of it. :D
the same happened to me.Though i tried to hold my tears to cry alone in my room cos my brother was there too...... but i didn't envision something maybe it's lack of fantasy....as for the acoustic version i ment without the orchestra.... :)
Gold-Booga.C-Guard

kolcer

Post by kolcer » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:34 am

kolcer wrote:
Closest Gig to my home (South-east Poland), was planned in Vizovice.
I always thought, that replying to own posts is most stupid thing to do. But I live in South-WEST Poland.
I think this is important, because if Stratovarius is planing show in my country, it would be nice to spend more money for the ticket, than for the trains.

Ahh, dosen't matter anyway. There is very lack of metal fans in Poland, so making festivals like Masters of Rock here, would be likely big mistake. It is all about Hip-Hop, Rap, and comercial pop. I am very far from not tolerating some kinds of music, but those are just not for me.
The time has come to break away, or you go astray.

teppo

Post by teppo » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:31 pm

teppo.tv/rmj2004/index.html

Pictures from RMJ-festival 2004 can be viewed at that page. There is one of Stratovarius too.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:08 pm

teppo wrote:

Pictures from RMJ-festival 2004 can be viewed at that page. There is one of Stratovarius too.
I couldn't see it. I'll try again later....

timo the soulforged

Post by timo the soulforged » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:33 pm

teppo wrote:

only one pic....did they run out of film!?!
Gold-Booga.C-Guard

teppo

Post by teppo » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:52 pm

timo the soulforged wrote:only one pic....did they run out of film!?!
Film? What is that?

Memory however was an issue, so I couldn't shoot as much I would have liked.

I took fifteen pictures of Stratovarius and only a few came out half-way decent. There were great poses and lights, but the pictures were rarely sharp.

I'm a complete hobbyist and I've only had a camera since January. At least I learned something about equipment: Image stabilizer is a must, especially when using a long lens in low light conditions without a tripod.

Teppo

timo the soulforged

Post by timo the soulforged » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:54 pm

teppo wrote:
Film? What is that?
FILM IS THE THING YOU PUT IN THE camera at least from what i know.
Gold-Booga.C-Guard

metalmaiden

Post by metalmaiden » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:21 pm

teppo wrote:.......I'm a complete hobbyist and I've only had a camera since January. At least I learned something about equipment: Image stabilizer is a must, especially when using a long lens in low light conditions without a tripod.
Teppo
LOL you aren't kidding! I am a hobbist too -- memory and battery life is easy to deal with. I simple carry an extra charged batteryand a little case with multiple memory sticks (almost 2 years worth of birthday and christmas presents for me;) )
but there is Nothing that can ruin a picture worse than shake and wobble! You can fix almost anything else in the editing process but if you shake the camera the picture is only good for the trash! And it is so hard to get a shake free shot when no one ever is still during a Strat performance!!!!

rockm

Post by rockm » Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:04 am

Gates of Metal today, Ankkarock tomorrow. I´ll be at Ankkarock. It has been very nasty weather in southern Finland, floods everywhere and still raining. Will the Sun Rise? 8)

Anyway, good luck for Stratovarius and hopefully these two shows are not the last ones! :)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:14 pm

rockm wrote:
Gates of Metal today, Ankkarock tomorrow. I´ll be at Ankkarock. It has been very nasty weather in southern Finland, floods everywhere and still raining. Will the Sun Rise? 8)

Anyway, good luck for Stratovarius and hopefully these two shows are not the last ones! :)
Must be worldwide bad weather......its been storming here this morning!

Stratoviking

Post by Stratoviking » Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:30 pm

I am so sad I can not go to gates of metal it would have been so much fun great bands like Sonata artica Dragonforce and the best of them all Stratovarius
But i think Strato will keep going on and make more records and gigs
Fight fight for the things you
belive in, never give up
fly your own way!!!

empi

Post by empi » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:03 am

[/quote]

Must be worldwide bad weather......its been storming here this morning![/quote]

worldwide hehe here in germany the sun is shining blue sky and 30°

VictorSand

Post by VictorSand » Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:36 pm

Hello from Sweden! =)

At Gates of Metal yesterday, Strato put up a great show. The biggest moment where when Kotipelto said "Well, it seems like Timo Tolkki has a little surprise for me" and then Tolkki began strumming away on 'Beauty has Come'. Wonderfully well played and it was SUCH a feeling! After the song Timo went up to Kotipelto and shook his hand. :) It seemed like they never had played it together before? At lest they said so.

Terska

Post by Terska » Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:28 pm

edit 1: forgot the song Phoenix
Last edited by Terska on Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old School

Stratoviking

Post by Stratoviking » Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:57 pm

What A nice thing Timo Tolkki did when he played Beauty has come
That song is so great, I think Kotipelto went very happy about it.
Fight fight for the things you
belive in, never give up
fly your own way!!!

Juudaz

Stratovarius at Ankkarock!

Post by Juudaz » Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:49 pm

Me and my StratoBuddies went to witness Stratovarius' amazing GiG at Ankkarock (it was the first StratoGiG for all of us) ;) The set began at 9.15 pm and lasted for 1h30mins, which was 15minutes OVERTIME :D The whole show was nothing sort of fantastic; Kotipelto sang every note just as well as on the albums, all the while as Tolkki and the others gave very best on every song. The crowd was very loud, singing along for the whole duration.

The Setlist was as follows(not in order, sry :/):

- I Walk To My Own Song (1st)
- Speed of Light (2nd)
- Kiss of Judas
- Reign of Terror
- Hunting High & Low (3rd)
- Eternity
- Forever Free
- Father Time
- Phoenix
- Forever
- Destiny (2nd last)
- Black Diamond (last)

We would like to thank the whole band for giving us a memorable experience and fortifying our hopes on the band's revival! LONG LIVE STRATO, KEEP THE FLAME! :headbang:

Greetings to all the StratoFans around the world! :headbang:

- Juuso, Tatu, Raffe, Jani, Henkka, Heikki and Vesa - the Ankkarock posse.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

shaz

Post by shaz » Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:50 pm

It's a bit late, but I finally got my pictures from Ankkarock's StratoShow to the net. They're not so good & there are only a few, but I guess that - in the end - something _is_ better than nothing. :)

The links are:

http://img55.exs.cx/img55/6760/IMG_1846_cropped.jpg
http://img55.exs.cx/img55/3458/IMG_1847_cropped.jpg
http://img55.exs.cx/img55/6346/IMG_1851_cropped.jpg
http://img55.exs.cx/img55/1315/IMG_1859_cropped.jpg
http://img55.exs.cx/img55/1315/IMG_1859_cropped.jpg
http://img55.exs.cx/img55/6583/IMG_1860_cropped.jpg
http://img55.exs.cx/img55/6285/IMG_1866_cropped.jpg

As Juudaz already expressed in his post earlier, it was a wonderful gig indeed, Tolkki and Koti we're joking around at one point and Jens was once again hilarious.
Him and Jari were having a joke "fight" or something in the middle of a song, first showing the \m/ to each other and then shoving each other around. (not seriously, of course),
All this, while they were playing the song at the same time. :P
And the face that Jens gave us when we shouted the band back on stage at the end of the gig to play more was simply too funny.
He was like a kid who has just been ordered to do something that he really would not do.. not to be worried of Jens suddendly, mysteriously losing his interest in playing, his grumpiness was clearly just acting. :lol:
Oh yeah, and Jorg's drumming was awesome, at the start of Phoenix i nearly fell on my back, such was the force that he banged those drums.FAN-tastic :headbang:
Hope you guys like (at least some of) the pics. :)
"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself."
-Sir Richard Francis Burton