Rhapsody - Unholy Warcry

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Taim
Re: Rhapsody - Unholy Warcry

Post by Taim » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:11 pm

As for the EP, yes it is not disapoint ing musically despite repetetivness. There are few progressive elements in Sacred Winds of Ragin Fury (sic, the titles!). I can't say much about the production, I didn't buy it, and I got quite a crap quality version. And yes, rhapsody rocks as for the music, image and etc is just hilarious.
It was a match made in Hell, now the whole mountain burns...
... and everyman gets what no man deserves.

~ www.sentenced.prv.pl ~

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:54 am

Zdravko Peev wrote:
If it depend on me, there would be no changes in the music of Rhapsody :D
I agree. Rhapsody has their own, completely unique style and sound. You can tell after two seconds if a song is from Rhapsody and I don't want them to chance it. The Dark Secrets is a total masterpiece, the best record released this year, though it's just a miniCD. I can't wait for the album. =P

Zdravko Peev

Post by Zdravko Peev » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:54 pm

Yeah, we want the full version of Unholy Warcry, and of course the full lenght album!!! Only a person, who has not listened to the new EP can say that it's weak or the music isn't good!
...Now the times are ripe for war, to put your hands again on thy swords...

Taim

Re: Re: Rhapsody - Unholy Warcry

Post by Taim » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:16 pm

Zdravko Peev wrote:
Only a person, who has not listened to the new EP can say that it's weak or the music isn't good!
...and a person that does not like Rhapsody's music. And I tell you, there's lots of them ;)

~ www.sentenced.prv.pl ~

Lightyear

Re: Re: Rhapsody - Unholy Warcry

Post by Lightyear » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:19 pm

Zdravko Peev wrote:
Yeah, we want the full version of Unholy Warcry, and of course the full lenght album!!! Only a person, who has not listened to the new EP can say that it's weak or the music isn't good!
It's just pretty repetitive and it's nothing new; it's very much like their old stuff.

Honestly, I haven't listened to the new EP, but if it's all like Unholy Warcry then I'm really disappointed.
Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel
is just a freight train coming your way

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:47 pm

I have listened to the EP and i really dont see much new stuff there. Pretty good songs though...
Delusions Of Grandeur

Zdravko Peev

Post by Zdravko Peev » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:18 am

Yeah, the new is that the group souns more bombastic, more mature. The songs are neat and there is a great balance og classical elements and rock elements...
...Now the times are ripe for war, to put your hands again on thy swords...

Taim

Post by Taim » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:24 pm

For my ears they don't sound more bombastic that on POTDF, and not mature at all. LOL, listen to the narriations, they are better of course, but still funny (begining of Sacred Wings Of Raging Winds - "Majectic winds of the north, I laughed my ass off). It's just that they use full orchestra now. But, as I said, I don't mind they haven't changed, great bunch of melodies anyway.

~ www.sentenced.prv.pl ~

StratoRico

Post by StratoRico » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:19 pm

well i just think that rhapsody are 4 buffoons!

ok they are good at playing but the music it's the same since 96 and the lyrics are ALWAYS THE SAME!!

everything it's MIGHTY,HOLY

there are always WARRIORS,DRAGONS,THUNDERS,KINGS etc...

all right,you made epic metal,but this is JOKE METAL! :lol:
Make the best out of your dreams.
They're the world where you are free

Maka

Post by Maka » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:41 am

I started listening to Rhapsody with Power of the Dragonflame, and even when I got Dawn of Victory, Rain of a Thousand Flames and The Dark Secret, I still think that Power of the Dragonflame is the best cd of Rhapsody... don't know why, it has much more potency than the others... it's just great.

Tetsuo

Post by Tetsuo » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:04 pm

The music is pretty stantard Rhapsody (which isn't bad...just heard dozens of time already) but the vocals...O M F G...Fabio Lione never sounded so good...EVER! He still can't kick Koti's ass (and never will anyway, Koti is the greatest metal singer of all time) but he does his best job to date.

Maka

Post by Maka » Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:10 am

Really I don't think that Koti can be compared with Fabio... he can sing higher than Fabio, but Fabio's voice has more potency... just listen to "Holy Thunderforce" and you'll understand what I mean!!

Oakenson

Post by Oakenson » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:09 pm

Rhapsody = My favorite band :D

I think Unholy Warcry is a wonderful Rhapsody song! Sure, it isn't anything really new from their other material but it still is just as wonderful as their other material! I think the whole Dark Secret EP is truly incredible - especially Guardians Of Destiny and Sacred Power Of Raging Winds!

Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:57 pm

I've listened to the EP a couple of times now and I must say I'm impressed!
Even though it sounds more or less the same than previous albums, Unholy Warcry is a very catchy song with a cool video and Christopher Lee adds a lot more potential to the band's sound then their other narrator (Jay Lansford) did. I hope he decides to continue contributing his magnificent voice to their music.

The other songs are quite good too, especially Sacred Power Of Raging Winds, I liked that little 'dialogue' between Dargor and Vankar's spirirt halfway through the song.

Oh, and Fabio Lione has once again proven he's a one-of-a-kind singer!

Can't wait for SOEL2

Zeppelin

Post by Zeppelin » Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:27 pm

Oh What a great album :lol:

I took it from a Wal-Mart in canada, place where i never saw a rhapsody album or stratovarius albums ! I was so excited yo buy it, my first Rhapsody album, but I had some MP3's downloaded from the Internet ( not egal ). When i lestened Unholy Warcry, i first thought : it's the same, anyway i'll listen the entire Ep !

When i heard Thunder's Mighty Roar i was :shock: This song drove me crazy ! i don't know, i just want to take a baseball bat and to... !!!

Guardians Of Destiny is good, but i prefer sacred power of raging winds !

What about the last one, non ho sonno? Ho shit.... so hot!!! This instrumental song is a "chef d'oeuvre" !

This album gave me the idea to buy the best of, and so i did ! i discovered many good songs!

Rhapsody is a really good band, some don't like them, but i Do like them !

My favorite band for the moment is, and will be for a long time, STRATOVARIUS !

It was Maiden for a long, but i needed to change !
To Be A Rock And Not To Roll

Zdravko Peev

Post by Zdravko Peev » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:36 am

Well, well well... some of you have the Ep, and I have the whole full-lenght masterpiece Symphony Of Enchanted Lands Pt.II :P :D Only two words: HEAR IT!

Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:52 pm

Zdravko Peev wrote:Well, well well... some of you have the Ep, and I have the whole full-lenght masterpiece Symphony Of Enchanted Lands Pt.II :P :D Only two words: HEAR IT!
Odd, the album is supposed to come out September 27th, how can you already have it when it's not available yet?
Either you have very close connections with the band and got a copy in advance, or you are one terrible liar! :P

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:55 pm

Is it just here or is the price for the EP 15€ everywhere? I wont spend that much money on a fucking EP, bad luck...
Delusions Of Grandeur

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:47 pm

It's 15 euros in Finland too (at least were I live) and yes, I think it's much from an EP, but I bought it anyway. :P

Maka

Post by Maka » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:02 am

Agree. It worths

~Infinity~

Post by ~Infinity~ » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:58 am

Agent Orange wrote:
Zdravko Peev wrote:Well, well well... some of you have the Ep, and I have the whole full-lenght masterpiece Symphony Of Enchanted Lands Pt.II :P :D Only two words: HEAR IT!
Odd, the album is supposed to come out September 27th, how can you already have it when it's not available yet?
Either you have very close connections with the band and got a copy in advance, or you are one terrible liar! :P
He probably download it on mp3 or has a promo copy. It's not that hard to find the mp3's when you know some good places to find them.
Is the metal dead?
I don't think so
As long as we live
The metal will never die