Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

"Keep the flame" - the song!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JEngstrom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

More ballads!! Mer moll, Jens!!

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I think "Keep the Flame" is a very meaningful song at this time!

Beast_Pete

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I listened to it yesterday too. I haven't listened any Intermission song so much, even though they're masterpieces (as all the other Stratosongs). I really like that Jens and Koti had the chance to compose some new songs. And the tribute songs are cool as well.

iron_thunder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

i adore Intermission, and I adore Keep the Flame. I did these 2 CDs with my then-girlfriend, one originals CD, and the other was Keep the Flame. I covered Keep the Flame ... ugg, it's so bad! Haha... well, it meant a lot at the time, because i recorded it the same day/time my aunt died, without knowing it. Weird.
but yeah, it's a great song Smile Well, not my version of it, haha, but...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Fireblade
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I love Intermission too. I mean, it's not supposed to be a "proper" album with the flow and fitting of songs, it's a treat for the fans with all the bonuses and live songs etc.

I love it! Keep the Flame is one of the most beautiful ballads I have ever heard. I want it to be played at my funeral. (seriously..)

Stratomano

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
browneyedgirl wrote:

yeah, I think the same

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Stratomano wrote:
Quote:
browneyedgirl wrote:

yeah, I think the same

Yes, fans should stick together, one with another! And not lose hope that Strato will survive! Smile

Lucid Faia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Every once in a while, a Keep The Flame topic appears. Yes, this song is one of Jens' finest, and a masterpiece.

GreenPeace

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Agreed. Excellent melody, masterwork lyrics.

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

If Strato continues, I hope to God TT allows Jens to put his songs on the remaining albums because it is evident Jens is a talented songwriter whose talents must not be quelched.

NixxxoN

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Agreed, a great song Cool

Agent Orange
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

A very good song, very touching too (even a bit sad).

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
antonio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

one of my favourite ballads..
now..we can open a new discussion..
what's your favourite ballads?
hard question...

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
antonio wrote:
one of my favourite ballads..
now..we can open a new discussion..
what's your favourite ballads?
hard question...

FOREVER,of course! Smile
And, COMING HOME!!Smile

Is TEARS OF ICE a ballad? Then,really,its my favorite! Smile

antonio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

you are right..
forever its a beautifoul song...
don't forget mother gaia and before the winter..

and about "not stratovarius ballad"?
i prefer Tolkki's "key to the universe", Edguy's ballads, Wings of destiny - Rhapsody..

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
antonio wrote:
you are right..
forever its a beautifoul song...
don't forget mother gaia and before the winter..

and about "not stratovarius ballad"?
i prefer Tolkki's "key to the universe", Edguy's ballads, Wings of destiny - Rhapsody..

I like "Soldiers Prayer" from CVAT!Smile
*I wonder if Tolkki was ever in the Army to write such a meaningful song?*

timo the soulforged

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

ballads:forever,don't know used to like many but they're not compaired to forever it's a real materpiece...i wonder if tt composesd the orchestral parts of the song too.... i mean i don't understand when it says words lyrics:tt did he do everything and said u jari will play this u jens this.... can someone answer me??? Smile Smile i hope it's not a very stupid question!!!!
as about keep the flame i've never heard it...here in greece the only strato albums u can easily find are:destiny,infinite,elements 1,2 and visions.... especially the ones with tt as a singer but i hope i will find it soon(intermission)....

Stratobanger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

1-Forever
2-Coming Home / Dream With Me
3 Mother Gaia

Agent Orange
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Stratoballads:
1) Forever
2) Coming Home
3) Tears Of Ice (like BEG said, I don't know whether it's a ballad or not, but it's a great song)

Other ballads:
1)Lamente Eroico - Rhapsody (their best ballad I heard of them)
2) Pieces - Anthrax (this was a bonus track on 'Volume 8 - The Threat Is Real')
3) Timeless Oceans - Luca Turilli

Can't think of more

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
antonio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Stratoballads:
1)Forever
2)Tears of Ice
3)Venus in the morning or Coming home

Other ballads:
1)Key to the universe - TT
2)"Sands of time" or "Tomorrow" - Edguy
3) "Inside" of "Waiting for tomorrow" - Avantasia

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Yep--Dream with Me is a great ballad.Smile
I thought this was a love song for a woman, but its really about 2 MALE friends who have grown apart in their friendship. In any case, its a very beautiful song written by Koti. Whoever says he is not a talented songwriter needs their damn head examined! Smile

Stratobanger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Oh i forgot 4000 rainy nights, one of the most romantic songs i've ever heard...that song makes me think in a very special person to me Crying

Other ballads

Ethna - Jose Gomez (that's moi Laughing )
Crazy - Aerosmith
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
November Rain - Guns 'N' Roses (not sure if it's a ballad but it rocks! )

Agent Orange
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Stratobanger wrote:
Oh i forgot 4000 rainy nights, one of the most romantic songs i've ever heard...that song makes me think in a very special person to me Crying

Other ballads

Ethna - Jose Gomez (that's moi Laughing )
Crazy - Aerosmith
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
November Rain - Guns 'N' Roses (not sure if it's a ballad but it rocks! )

Yeah, 4000 Rainy Nights is a good song. I can't believe I forgot that one.

And November Rain kicks ass too, I've grown to love that song over time.

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
timo the soulforged wrote:
ballads:forever,don't know used to like many but they're not compaired to forever it's a real materpiece...i wonder if tt composesd the orchestral parts of the song too.... i mean i don't understand when it says words lyrics:tt did he do everything and said u jari will play this u jens this.... can someone answer me??? Smile Smile i hope it's not a very stupid question!!!!
as about keep the flame i've never heard it...here in greece the only strato albums u can easily find are:destiny,infinite,elements 1,2 and visions.... especially the ones with tt as a singer but i hope i will find it soon(intermission)....

I'm trying to figure out whats wrong with your sig.

If this image shows up here, you may be putting your tags wrong. If it does not show up, it could be server problems.

timo the soulforged

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
Quote:

If this image shows up here, you may be putting your tags wrong. If it does not show up, it could be server problems.
it shows... but the link i put can't be wrong because i make copy-paste....anyway it doesn't matter.....would u reply to my post u have quoted??!!! Smile

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
Quote:

it shows... but the link i put can't be wrong because i make copy-paste....anyway it doesn't matter.....would u reply to my post u have quoted??!!! Smile

I guess he wrote the song&music, but they had an orchestra come in when they recorded Episode. The orchestra probably did alot of the composition but, it could have just been mixed into the recording.
I saw that on Infinite Visions.

Legions

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

keep the flame reminds me of stratovarius's prediciment and of a song by one of History's greatest bands, the Beatles called "Free as a Bird" tell me if you agree. k.

here are the lyrics

Free as a bird
It's the next best thing to be
Free as a bird

Home, home and dry
Like a homing bird I'll fly
As a bird on wings

Whatever happened to
The life that we once knew?
Can we really live without each other?

Where did we lose the touch
That seemed to mean so much?
It always made me feel so...

Free as a bird
Like the next best thing to be
Free as a bird

Home, home and dry
Like a homing bird I'll fly
As a bird on wings

Whatever happened to
The life that we once knew?
Always made me feel so free

Ah...
Ah...
Ah...

Free as a bird
It's the next best thing to be
Free as a bird
Free as a bird
Free as a bird
Oooooo

Free...

Turn out nice again, mother.

loztdignity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

yea Intermission is underrated...Curtains are falling is wonderful imo. A very good song. Also dream with me and Will my soul ever reast in peace are good.
Kill the king is nice Smile I Surennder rules

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Well....Everybody that I know who has Intermission likes it very much----including ME! Smile

Stratobanger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Me too! Mmm....i don't have it, but i've heard the songs, about a million times Laughing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum