Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

"Keep the flame" - the song!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JEngstrom
Member


Joined: 26 Oct 2003
Posts: 60

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

More ballads!! Mer moll, Jens!!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member


Joined: 29 Aug 2002
Posts: 27230
Location: Starfall

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I think "Keep the Flame" is a very meaningful song at this time!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Beast_Pete
Sr. Member


Joined: 02 Mar 2003
Posts: 6488
Location: Budapest, Hungary

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I listened to it yesterday too. I haven't listened any Intermission song so much, even though they're masterpieces (as all the other Stratosongs). I really like that Jens and Koti had the chance to compose some new songs. And the tribute songs are cool as well.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
iron_thunder
Sr. Member


Joined: 12 Dec 2002
Posts: 1985
Location: Toronto, Canada!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

i adore Intermission, and I adore Keep the Flame. I did these 2 CDs with my then-girlfriend, one originals CD, and the other was Keep the Flame. I covered Keep the Flame ... ugg, it's so bad! Haha... well, it meant a lot at the time, because i recorded it the same day/time my aunt died, without knowing it. Weird.
but yeah, it's a great song Smile Well, not my version of it, haha, but...

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Fireblade
Sr. Member
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

Joined: 02 Mar 2002
Posts: 1761

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I love Intermission too. I mean, it's not supposed to be a "proper" album with the flow and fitting of songs, it's a treat for the fans with all the bonuses and live songs etc.

I love it! Keep the Flame is one of the most beautiful ballads I have ever heard. I want it to be played at my funeral. (seriously..)

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Stratomano
Member


Joined: 14 Apr 2004
Posts: 79

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
I think "Keep the Flame" is a very meaningful song at this time!


yeah, I think the same

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member


Joined: 29 Aug 2002
Posts: 27230
Location: Starfall

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Stratomano wrote:
Quote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
I think "Keep the Flame" is a very meaningful song at this time!


yeah, I think the same


Yes, fans should stick together, one with another! And not lose hope that Strato will survive! Smile

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Lucid Faia
Sr. Member


Joined: 01 Oct 2002
Posts: 1148
Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Every once in a while, a Keep The Flame topic appears. Yes, this song is one of Jens' finest, and a masterpiece.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
GreenPeace
Member


Joined: 15 Mar 2004
Posts: 238
Location: Curitiba, Brazil

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Agreed. Excellent melody, masterwork lyrics.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member


Joined: 29 Aug 2002
Posts: 27230
Location: Starfall

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

If Strato continues, I hope to God TT allows Jens to put his songs on the remaining albums because it is evident Jens is a talented songwriter whose talents must not be quelched.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
NixxxoN
Member


Joined: 12 Jan 2003
Posts: 148

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Agreed, a great song Cool

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Agent Orange
Member
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

Joined: 01 May 2004
Posts: 272
Location: Scheveningen, The Netherlands

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

A very good song, very touching too (even a bit sad).

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
antonio
Sr. Member


Joined: 20 Nov 2003
Posts: 480
Location: Cosenza, Italy.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

one of my favourite ballads..
now..we can open a new discussion..
what's your favourite ballads?
hard question...

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member


Joined: 29 Aug 2002
Posts: 27230
Location: Starfall

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
antonio wrote:
one of my favourite ballads..
now..we can open a new discussion..
what's your favourite ballads?
hard question...


FOREVER,of course! Smile
And, COMING HOME!!Smile

Is TEARS OF ICE a ballad? Then,really,its my favorite! Smile

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
antonio
Sr. Member


Joined: 20 Nov 2003
Posts: 480
Location: Cosenza, Italy.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

you are right..
forever its a beautifoul song...
don't forget mother gaia and before the winter..

and about "not stratovarius ballad"?
i prefer Tolkki's "key to the universe", Edguy's ballads, Wings of destiny - Rhapsody..

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member


Joined: 29 Aug 2002
Posts: 27230
Location: Starfall

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
antonio wrote:
you are right..
forever its a beautifoul song...
don't forget mother gaia and before the winter..

and about "not stratovarius ballad"?
i prefer Tolkki's "key to the universe", Edguy's ballads, Wings of destiny - Rhapsody..


I like "Soldiers Prayer" from CVAT!Smile
*I wonder if Tolkki was ever in the Army to write such a meaningful song?*

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
timo the soulforged
Member


Joined: 22 May 2004
Posts: 256

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

ballads:forever,don't know used to like many but they're not compaired to forever it's a real materpiece...i wonder if tt composesd the orchestral parts of the song too.... i mean i don't understand when it says words lyrics:tt did he do everything and said u jari will play this u jens this.... can someone answer me??? Smile Smile i hope it's not a very stupid question!!!!
as about keep the flame i've never heard it...here in greece the only strato albums u can easily find are:destiny,infinite,elements 1,2 and visions.... especially the ones with tt as a singer but i hope i will find it soon(intermission)....

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stratobanger
Sr. Member


Joined: 01 Apr 2004
Posts: 551
Location: Monterrey, Mexico

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

1-Forever
2-Coming Home / Dream With Me
3 Mother Gaia

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Agent Orange
Member
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

Joined: 01 May 2004
Posts: 272
Location: Scheveningen, The Netherlands

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Stratoballads:
1) Forever
2) Coming Home
3) Tears Of Ice (like BEG said, I don't know whether it's a ballad or not, but it's a great song)

Other ballads:
1)Lamente Eroico - Rhapsody (their best ballad I heard of them)
2) Pieces - Anthrax (this was a bonus track on 'Volume 8 - The Threat Is Real')
3) Timeless Oceans - Luca Turilli

Can't think of more

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
antonio
Sr. Member


Joined: 20 Nov 2003
Posts: 480
Location: Cosenza, Italy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Stratoballads:
1)Forever
2)Tears of Ice
3)Venus in the morning or Coming home

Other ballads:
1)Key to the universe - TT
2)"Sands of time" or "Tomorrow" - Edguy
3) "Inside" of "Waiting for tomorrow" - Avantasia

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member


Joined: 29 Aug 2002
Posts: 27230
Location: Starfall

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Yep--Dream with Me is a great ballad.Smile
I thought this was a love song for a woman, but its really about 2 MALE friends who have grown apart in their friendship. In any case, its a very beautiful song written by Koti. Whoever says he is not a talented songwriter needs their damn head examined! Smile

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stratobanger
Sr. Member


Joined: 01 Apr 2004
Posts: 551
Location: Monterrey, Mexico

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Oh i forgot 4000 rainy nights, one of the most romantic songs i've ever heard...that song makes me think in a very special person to me Crying

Other ballads

Ethna - Jose Gomez (that's moi Laughing )
Crazy - Aerosmith
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
November Rain - Guns 'N' Roses (not sure if it's a ballad but it rocks! )

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Agent Orange
Member
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

Joined: 01 May 2004
Posts: 272
Location: Scheveningen, The Netherlands

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Stratobanger wrote:
Oh i forgot 4000 rainy nights, one of the most romantic songs i've ever heard...that song makes me think in a very special person to me Crying

Other ballads

Ethna - Jose Gomez (that's moi Laughing )
Crazy - Aerosmith
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
November Rain - Guns 'N' Roses (not sure if it's a ballad but it rocks! )


Yeah, 4000 Rainy Nights is a good song. I can't believe I forgot that one.

And November Rain kicks ass too, I've grown to love that song over time.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member


Joined: 29 Aug 2002
Posts: 27230
Location: Starfall

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
timo the soulforged wrote:
ballads:forever,don't know used to like many but they're not compaired to forever it's a real materpiece...i wonder if tt composesd the orchestral parts of the song too.... i mean i don't understand when it says words lyrics:tt did he do everything and said u jari will play this u jens this.... can someone answer me??? Smile Smile i hope it's not a very stupid question!!!!
as about keep the flame i've never heard it...here in greece the only strato albums u can easily find are:destiny,infinite,elements 1,2 and visions.... especially the ones with tt as a singer but i hope i will find it soon(intermission)....


I'm trying to figure out whats wrong with your sig.


If this image shows up here, you may be putting your tags wrong. If it does not show up, it could be server problems.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
timo the soulforged
Member


Joined: 22 May 2004
Posts: 256

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
Quote:
timo the soulforged wrote:
ballads:forever,don't know used to like many but they're not compaired to forever it's a real materpiece...i wonder if tt composesd the orchestral parts of the song too.... i mean i don't understand when it says words lyrics:tt did he do everything and said u jari will play this u jens this.... can someone answer me??? Smile Smile i hope it's not a very stupid question!!!!
as about keep the flame i've never heard it...here in greece the only strato albums u can easily find are:destiny,infinite,elements 1,2 and visions.... especially the ones with tt as a singer but i hope i will find it soon(intermission)....


I'm trying to figure out whats wrong with your sig.


If this image shows up here, you may be putting your tags wrong. If it does not show up, it could be server problems.
it shows... but the link i put can't be wrong because i make copy-paste....anyway it doesn't matter.....would u reply to my post u have quoted??!!! Smile

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member


Joined: 29 Aug 2002
Posts: 27230
Location: Starfall

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
timo the soulforged wrote:
Quote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
Quote:
timo the soulforged wrote:
ballads:forever,don't know used to like many but they're not compaired to forever it's a real materpiece...i wonder if tt composesd the orchestral parts of the song too.... i mean i don't understand when it says words lyrics:tt did he do everything and said u jari will play this u jens this.... can someone answer me??? Smile Smile i hope it's not a very stupid question!!!!
as about keep the flame i've never heard it...here in greece the only strato albums u can easily find are:destiny,infinite,elements 1,2 and visions.... especially the ones with tt as a singer but i hope i will find it soon(intermission)....


I'm trying to figure out whats wrong with your sig.


If this image shows up here, you may be putting your tags wrong. If it does not show up, it could be server problems.
it shows... but the link i put can't be wrong because i make copy-paste....anyway it doesn't matter.....would u reply to my post u have quoted??!!! Smile


I guess he wrote the song&music, but they had an orchestra come in when they recorded Episode. The orchestra probably did alot of the composition but, it could have just been mixed into the recording.
I saw that on Infinite Visions.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Legions
Jr. Member


Joined: 05 Dec 2003
Posts: 22

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

keep the flame reminds me of stratovarius's prediciment and of a song by one of History's greatest bands, the Beatles called "Free as a Bird" tell me if you agree. k.

here are the lyrics


Free as a bird
It's the next best thing to be
Free as a bird

Home, home and dry
Like a homing bird I'll fly
As a bird on wings

Whatever happened to
The life that we once knew?
Can we really live without each other?

Where did we lose the touch
That seemed to mean so much?
It always made me feel so...

Free as a bird
Like the next best thing to be
Free as a bird

Home, home and dry
Like a homing bird I'll fly
As a bird on wings

Whatever happened to
The life that we once knew?
Always made me feel so free

Ah...
Ah...
Ah...

Free as a bird
It's the next best thing to be
Free as a bird
Free as a bird
Free as a bird
Oooooo

Free...

Turn out nice again, mother.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
loztdignity
Sr. Member


Joined: 21 Oct 2003
Posts: 393

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

yea Intermission is underrated...Curtains are falling is wonderful imo. A very good song. Also dream with me and Will my soul ever reast in peace are good.
Kill the king is nice Smile I Surennder rules

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member


Joined: 29 Aug 2002
Posts: 27230
Location: Starfall

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Well....Everybody that I know who has Intermission likes it very much----including ME! Smile

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stratobanger
Sr. Member


Joined: 01 Apr 2004
Posts: 551
Location: Monterrey, Mexico

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: "Keep the flame" - the song! Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Me too! Mmm....i don't have it, but i've heard the songs, about a million times Laughing

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group