What is the situation now?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
browneyedgirl
Re: What is the situation now?

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:37 pm

And, its a wonderful statement! :)
Hope one is put on Strato's main page soon! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

k-a-

Re: Re: Re: What is the situation now?

Post by k-a- » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:55 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
skar wrote:
:banana1: Go to see kotipelto.com. There is a new statement from TK about his relationship with Tolkki and there we stratofans can get some new hope conserning about startovarius´s future. :)
Thats what I just said! =P
and thats what i said before both of u ;)
Yea.. you know what I sayin... yea.

skar

Post by skar » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:46 am

Last edited by skar on Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Se saatanan hurri on oikeasti juuri niin hieno mies kuin voi olettaa. Ei tosiaan lapsille sopiva, mutta kyllä muille. Ja hulluhan se on." (www.juho.com)

StratoRico

Post by StratoRico » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:50 am

"I can announce that I am talking to Timo Tolkki and actively trying to come to terms with what happened between us."
"Despite what many people would wish, I can not confirm that I am back in the band, but whether I do go back or not, at least I can say that we have some sort of dialogue now and that we all are trying to help solve all the many problems that his mental illness has caused.

Recently Olof Wikström from Skrikhult had a real emergency when Running Wild dropped out of their commitment to headline Gates Of Metal. I have agreed to sing more show with Stratovarius, partly because I want to help Olof, partly because I want to help Jörg, Jens, Jari and Timo, and of course also because I love to perform live. This means that I will be at Gates of Metal in Hultsfred on July 31st with Stratovarius, and with my solo band at Ankkarock on August 1 instead of the previous day. So, hope to see you there on either concert!

Timo"

:D :D :D
Make the best out of your dreams.
They're the world where you are free

skar

Post by skar » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:56 am

That message was in kotipelto´s own web site, not in strato.com.
I would be nice to get also T. Tolkki´s point of view :winknudge: :winknudge:
"Se saatanan hurri on oikeasti juuri niin hieno mies kuin voi olettaa. Ei tosiaan lapsille sopiva, mutta kyllä muille. Ja hulluhan se on." (www.juho.com)

timo the soulforged

Post by timo the soulforged » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:59 am

the one who makes the strato home-page must have been sleeping for at least two months.....a month ago i visited the site (and koti's too) every day to see for any changes but i was always dissapointed
but now i think this statement is very positive maybe time(not the trailer troll) heals all wounds!!!!!!
Gold-Booga.C-Guard

browneyedgirl

Re: Re: What is the situation now?

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:25 am

timo the soulforged wrote:
the one who makes the strato home-page must have been sleeping for at least two months.....a month ago i visited the site (and koti's too) every day to see for any changes but i was always dissapointed
but now i think this statement is very positive maybe time(not the trailer troll) heals all wounds!!!!!!
Maybe its psychologically more effective if TK makes the statement about this paricular subject. He seems to be more credible, and this affects him deeper than anyone else. plus he holds the key to Stratovarius now--where it goes, etc.

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

StratoRico

Post by StratoRico » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:02 pm

skar wrote:
That message was in kotipelto´s own web site, not in strato.com.
I would be nice to get also T. Tolkki´s point of view :winknudge: :winknudge:
Tolkki said that without Kotipelto Strato will stop,so i think he wants his golden boy back :D

If their talking i think now he's in a good period and he has passed the bad period.

I saw some photos of the recent gigs where you saw him smiling while playing,things that 2 months ago he was not able to do.

I think now it's all normal...
Make the best out of your dreams.
They're the world where you are free

skar

Post by skar » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:49 pm

I think that situation is far away from normal stage. There was so much shit flying around only few months ago!
:repuke:

Go and search Timo Tolkki´s old statements from strato forum and there is quite radical statements about Kotipelto.

Lets hope for the best :headbang:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:59 pm

skar wrote:
I think that situation is far away from normal stage. There was so much shit flying around only few months ago!
:repuke:

Go and search Timo Tolkki´s old statements from strato forum and there is quite radical statements about Kotipelto.

Lets hope for the best :headbang:
Yes--TT posted some horrible insults to TK. But, I think "Karma" has taken care of that. Now, they both can take steps to attempt to repair the rift between them.It will not be overnight thing.
And I hope they succeed--if not for Stratovarius, but for their own inner peace.

skar

Post by skar » Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:27 pm

Let hope so, because i would be sad if elements pt 2 would be the last record of stratovarius. :~(

Cristiane

Re: Re: Re: What is the situation now?

Post by Cristiane » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:27 pm

I do hope Koti can rejoin Stratovarius, but if he doesn't, I'll also feel happy cause the both Timos can seat and talk in a civilized way again.
Last edited by Cristiane on Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Terska

Post by Terska » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:24 pm

If they get back together, I just hope that they will do a good album.. I was a huge Strato fan until Elements Part 1 & 2 came.. Sure, the songs are okay but I think the older ones are much better :D

but hey, every band tries some new shit on every album
Old School

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:33 pm

skar wrote:
Let hope so, because i would be sad if elements pt 2 would be the last record of stratovarius. :~(
I'm hoping that those last 3 originally proposed Albums will come to pass.
Another "intermission" I guess is here. :(
I just hope the fans will be as tolerant and accepting of this hiatus as they were the last one. :err:

ladyofeternity

Post by ladyofeternity » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:05 pm

The truth is that TT needs TK & TK needs TT :)

stratovarius_legend

Post by stratovarius_legend » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:06 pm

ladyofeternity wrote:
The truth is that TT needs TK & TK needs TT :)
Yeah good post!!! :D :D :D
You have the right way to think! ;)
Fight Until We Die!

stratovarius_legend

Post by stratovarius_legend » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:08 pm

No one cant really know...everyone can say what he want because all we heard it rumors! The only think we have to do it to wait and continue to wish that TK will be back to Strato! :)
Fight Until We Die!

k-a-

Post by k-a- » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:53 pm

True, but it says ALOT about both men and the band that they ADDED a new show despite all the mishaps in the past.

We can only wait and see, but in the meanwhile, let's speculate away.
Yea.. you know what I sayin... yea.

Gnosis_and_Life

KOTIPELTO ON USA FESTIVAL!!!

Post by Gnosis_and_Life » Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:22 am

Hello!

I'm posting this as a reply 'cause I'm not able to open a new thread yet. :(

Anyway, really GOOD NEWS for U.S.A. folks!!! This was posted at ProgPower V official site:

For Immediate Release:
June 22, 2004

Special Guest Atlanta Prog Power V: Timo Kotipelto

Century Media is proud to announce that ProgPower USA V’s Special Guest will be Timo Kotipelto (Kotipelto, Stratovarius). Kotipelto, whose new album Coldness was released in early 2004 by Century Media Records, will be signing autographs, hosting a meet and greet, and will also be attending the ProgPower pre-Party on September 16th. Excited to be included in the festivities Timo said, “I have heard a lot about ProgPower USA, as some of my friends have played this festival. They have told me about the great atmosphere and the cool crowd. I’ve never been to the U.S. before so I am really looking forward to seeing the bands and meeting a lot of fans. See ya there! Rock on!”

The festivals promoter Glenn Harveston is thrilled that Kotipelto will be a part of ProgPower USA V, and says, "It's an honor to finally get Timo over here. Hopefully we will be able to convince him to come back in a performing manner next time. Special thanks to Century Media for stepping up to the plate and making a great event even better."

As ProgPower’s Special Guest, Kotipelto follows in the footsteps of Fates Warning’s Ray Alder 2001, Iced Earth’s John Schaffer 2002 and Savatage’s Jon Oliva 2003.

Source: http://www.progpowerusa.com/news.php

Goos news indeed for those who had purchased their tickets last month, 'cause I just checked out and it is SOLD OUT! :~( :buh:
Menetät terveytesi lähitulevaisuudessa, jos ryyppäät niin paljon.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:21 am

:leapfrog: YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
I can't go to this festival, bit its so nice TK gets to come---maybe paving the way for Strato! :rvd:

Alaluusua

Post by Alaluusua » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:50 am

Did I say something like "The hope is loud! Never give up"? :D
Helileijaa

skar

Post by skar » Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:01 am

I think that we get more information about "what is the situation now" before the end of july! :splat:

But new songs we need to wait "long long time"