I'd Give my Right Arm, Left Leg, and Right Eye to See/Meet S

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Patricia
Re: Re: Re: Re: I'd Give my Right Arm, Left Leg, and Right E

Post by Patricia » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:01 pm

TheLastViking wrote:
Cristiane wrote:
I can't believe that those idiots did such a thing. I think if someone would do that near to me, I'd kick his/her ass! I just can't tolerate that kind of reaction. Throwing bottles on Koti isn't the best way to say they're said about the Strato situation. :buh:
...and I'll tell you more: they were saying, also, during the throwing, "andate a lavorare!" that is, in Italian language, "go and find a job!".....
.....useless people, they were >=(
...and nothing more! :err:
>=

Totally agree! Maybe they were not fans of Stratovarius, for having this intolerable behaviour! Yes, i don't think so! >=(
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

jean_luc_picard

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'd Give my Right Arm, Left Leg, and

Post by jean_luc_picard » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:32 pm

Liina wrote:
jean_luc_picard wrote:
I too have the suspect that this incredible piece of shit is still around. it's not the first time I see the word raver, and often we'd to deal with the "true/false" fan matter.
bah... ???
The way banning works now is this: the poster is set to have a minimum time between posts that is "close to infinite" (something like 4000 years). Also, some very devious traps are set for that IP block.
good enough :D so we should not worry ehehehe... anyway I was thinking (hey! it's willingly hilarious =P) why don't you put some kind of QI test before registering? uahahhaha :D
What are you going to do then?
Knock on the doors with your head, Peregrin Took!

jean_luc_picard

Re: Re: I'd Give my Right Arm, Left Leg, and Right Eye to Se

Post by jean_luc_picard » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:41 pm

TheLastViking wrote:
I almost hustionated myself watching Strato in Bologna under the burning sun at 3.00 pm!! :red: :red: :red:

...I don't know if "hustionate" is the right English word, but my skin seemed to take fire in that merciless heat..!

Great show by the way.. even if they played for not so long and even if some assholes insultated them during "Forever" and threw some bottles against Koti :buh:
...assholes! >=(
it's something that happens every now and then at the gods of metal in italy, I won't be so surprised. If anyone was there back in 2000 during the methods of mayhem set-list, they should know it well...

you should also count that Strato were forced to play in the second day, and that the gods of metal event is structured so that there is a certain type of bands playing a day, and another type the second. The day strato played was more thrash/usa style oriented (testament, alice cooper), so - even if that's so stupid - it is kinda "normal" for such things to happen.

No musical culture, no respect for artists, that's plain. Some idiots can't understand that if you don't like an act, you can simply wallk away and come back later.
:D
What are you going to do then?
Knock on the doors with your head, Peregrin Took!

browneyedgirl

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'd Give my Right Arm, Left Leg, and Rig

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:29 pm

Patricia wrote:
TheLastViking wrote:
Cristiane wrote:
I can't believe that those idiots did such a thing. I think if someone would do that near to me, I'd kick his/her ass! I just can't tolerate that kind of reaction. Throwing bottles on Koti isn't the best way to say they're said about the Strato situation. :buh:
...and I'll tell you more: they were saying, also, during the throwing, "andate a lavorare!" that is, in Italian language, "go and find a job!".....
.....useless people, they were >=(
...and nothing more! :err:
>=

Totally agree! Maybe they were not fans of Stratovarius, for having this intolerable behaviour! Yes, i don't think so! >=(
How disrespectful and childish! Even if a person does not like a band, youdo not throw things at the musicians. I'm sorry to say it, but in USA that haooens alot during Festivals---its not right, but it happens. :(
The security hired at these events try to take care of such matters, but they can't be everywhere at once so this gives liscence for unruly people to act ugly/uncivilized. >=(
Yeah--if you know an act you do not like is going to be there, you should just leave instead of making an ass of yourself, and causing trouble.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Forever

Re: I'd Give my Right Arm, Left Leg, and Right Eye to See/Me

Post by Forever » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:31 pm

I could give my right arm... Because I'm lefty :D

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:01 pm

Maybe I should mention I'd sell my soul, too! ;)
OOPS! I forgot--I think the Devil already has it! :lol:

Seriously, talk about being jealous---Jealosy is given a bad rap by these egotistical psycho-logical knowall bigwigs.....actually jealousy is a healthy, valid emotion felt by people who have been given the short end of the stick. And when it comes to Stratovarius, us USA people were definitely shafted, so to speak. So we have a rigt to feel left-out, ignored, and a tad hurt/angry.

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:49 pm

Natas makes a good point. I grew up in a family that NEVER travels, and so I never thought of it too. Travelling was just something other people did.

But, I flew to Finland to see Strato! My flight cost me £35 from Ryanair and staying there costs 20-30 euro a night if you can cope without a plush hotel room and your own loo ;) Or if you have made European friends here in the forum, or another forum, then maybe they will invite you to stay.

In Finland the crime rate is so low that I feel safer walking about there than in my own town. The statistics make it safer than just about anywhere in the UK I guess. Probably USA too.

BEG, your flight would probably be about 6 hours or more to get to Europe, but if you plan and book a couple of months in advance when shows are confirmed, you can get some great deals. You can find out tourist info, travel and accomodation, maps, things to do etc. just by using Google searches.

Or why not go for a Festival, then you can see lots of bands you like at once, and meet people, drink etc. There's nothing like live music played right under your nose.

If I can overcome travelphobia, anyone can! Travelling has changed my whole outlook on everything.

Fly people fly!
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

Menelaos

Post by Menelaos » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:39 pm

Hehehe, I have already met both Timo's for interviews and have all legs, arms and eyes - I should consider myself a lucky bastard, eh? :-)
Menelaos Megariotis

Visit Metal-realm.com Online Metal Magazine

Cristiane

Post by Cristiane » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:29 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
How disrespectful and childish! Even if a person does not like a band, youdo not throw things at the musicians. I'm sorry to say it, but in USA that haooens alot during Festivals---its not right, but it happens. :(
The security hired at these events try to take care of such matters, but they can't be everywhere at once so this gives liscence for unruly people to act ugly/uncivilized. >=(
Yeah--if you know an act you do not like is going to be there, you should just leave instead of making an ass of yourself, and causing trouble.
I don't see this kind of things happening here anymore, cause people can't sell bottles on the shows, only plastic glasses. They're light as a feather so that's impossible throwing them to big distances.
But it happens anyway sometimes... on Metallica's show a guy threw his boots into Jame's face... I couldn't help it, I wasn't there, but seeing that on TV the other day was damn funny... ok... I'm ashamed. :(

What happens is that we can meet lots of rude and stupid people on metal scene. Those people can't see a band they dislike without attacking and going into endless arguments about it... that's damn stupid. :buh:
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:54 pm

Menelaos wrote:
Hehehe, I have already met both Timo's for interviews and have all legs, arms and eyes - I should consider myself a lucky bastard, eh? :-)
Damn right! :eek:
People can bash journalists all they want, but one of the perks is being able to easily meet and talk to famous/well-known people.
Just think-in my second year of College I switched my major from Journalism to Biology. :( *Kicks self in Ass 1000X*

TheLastViking

Post by TheLastViking » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:37 pm

Fireblade wrote:
Or why not go for a Festival, then you can see lots of bands you like at once, and meet people, drink etc. There's nothing like live music played right under your nose.
Like TUSKA FESTIVAL! :D
I will be in Finland on July, 15th... just for that marvellous Festival..!

By the way, if you're flying to Finland, you'll find further "Metal" information in Helsinki Topic! :D :D :D
http://www.stratovarius.com/forum/viewt ... picID=5168
...the Darkness will embrace me, the Frost will set me free!

Terska

Post by Terska » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:31 pm

I saw stratovarius last year in Sweden.. was the first metal concert i saw.. and Strato rocked.. and I hope they will make new album together and tour so I can see them again :D
Old School

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:58 pm

Terska wrote:
I saw stratovarius last year in Sweden.. was the first metal concert i saw.. and Strato rocked.. and I hope they will make new album together and tour so I can see them again :D
You betcha!:D And maybe I can see them this time around!:D Hopefully there will be a next time/tour! :)

Natas

Re: Re: Re: I'd Give my Right Arm, Left Leg, and Right Eye t

Post by Natas » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:10 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
@Natas--Most people who abbreviate my user as Browneye actually mean ASSHOLE--I did not post anything to deserve that, if that is what you meant. Some of us have to actually work for a living and are not rich&spoiled so we cannot jet away to other destinations at the drop of a hat! :D I was just hoping the band would come to USA someday! If not, I guess thats my loss, ain't it? :)
Didnt meen it in a bad way. And Im neither rich nor spoild, but I still use my passport frecvently!!!

Fireblade

Re: Re: Re: Re: I'd Give my Right Arm, Left Leg, and Right E

Post by Fireblade » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:48 pm

Natas wrote:
Didnt meen it in a bad way. And Im neither rich nor spoild, but I still use my passport frecvently!!!
Same for me (well not so frequently). But I can't travel as much as I like, who does? I think it's up to your attitude how much you travel, not your wallet. I found it cheaper to holiday o/s than my parents holiday in the UK.

Funny how people see what they need to see between the lines. :eyes: BEG, Natas is one of the nicest people I know from this forum, so don't use her to get sympathy/attention from people. The only thing that happens is that *you* look bad.
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

Stratobanger

Post by Stratobanger » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:08 am

Calm down....please.... :buh:
...And the booga will unite the nations and in the name of the justice, they'll fight against the evil one...

-The Booga Prophecies by Zheo Blackheart, master of all magics

StratoRico

Post by StratoRico » Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:05 am

Well BrowneyedGirl maybe you can see Timo Kotipelto: :D

Century Media is proud to announce that ProgPower USA V's Special Guest will be Timo Kotipelto (Kotipelto, Stratovarius). Kotipelto, whose new album Coldness was released in early 2004 by Century Media Records, will be signing autographs, hosting a meet and greet, and will also be attending the ProgPower pre-Party on September 16th. Excited to be included in the festivities Timo said, "I have heard a lot about ProgPower USA, as some of my friends have played this festival. They have told me about the great atmosphere and the cool crowd. I've never been to the U.S. before so I am really looking forward to seeing the bands and meeting a lot of fans. See ya there! Rock on!"

The festivals promoter Glenn Harveston is thrilled that Kotipelto will be a part of ProgPower USA V, and says, "It's an honor to finally get Timo over here. Hopefully we will be able to convince him to come back in a performing manner next time. Special thanks to Century Media for stepping up to the plate and making a great event even better."

As ProgPower's Special Guest, Kotipelto follows in the footsteps of Fates Warning's Ray Alder 2001, Iced Earth's John Schaffer 2002 and Savatage's Jon Oliva 2003.
Make the best out of your dreams.
They're the world where you are free

browneyedgirl

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'd Give my Right Arm, Left Leg, and Rig

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:12 pm

Fireblade wrote:
Natas wrote:
Same for me (well not so frequently). But I can't travel as much as I like, who does? I think it's up to your attitude how much you travel, not your wallet. I found it cheaper to holiday o/s than my parents holiday in the UK.

Funny how people see what they need to see between the lines. :eyes: BEG, Natas is one of the nicest people I know from this forum, so don't use her to get sympathy/attention from people. The only thing that happens is that *you* look bad.
That was not what I was doing, Miss Psychologist, and if you see a need to analyze people go back to college, get your psychology degree, and then hang a plaque outside your door for all to see. That should take care of your unemployment situation that you are always bitching about, right?
And, I think that none existant argument was between her and I, Madam---finally,you are really slow on the draw, aren't you--I said that about a week ago. Never hurts to hunt stuff to nit pick, does it? Because YOU are the only one who noticed, or even cared what I said.
Have a nice day.....And please try not to disrupt this Forum again--its nice&peaceful in here now.

Invinoveritas

Post by Invinoveritas » Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:40 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
Fireblade wrote:
Natas wrote:

That was not what I was doing, Miss Psychologist, and if you see a need to analyze people go back to college, get your psychology degree, and then hang a plaque outside your door for all to see. That should take care of your unemployment situation that you are always bitching about, right?
And, I think that none existant argument was between her and I, Madam---finally,you are really slow on the draw, aren't you--I said that about a week ago. Never hurts to hunt stuff to nit pick, does it? Because YOU are the only one who noticed, or even cared what I said.
Have a nice day.....And please try not to disrupt this Forum again--its nice&peaceful in here now.
Woooooa!!!!!! Way out of line it seems to go with this topic!!! Just to think how others share your willing to see Strato, and how they share your dreams, you shoot them (us) down! You naughty girl you are!!!
In the morning, don't say you love me, cause I'll only...

browneyedgirl

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'd Give my Right Arm, Left Leg,

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:47 pm

Invinoveritas wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
Fireblade wrote:
Natas wrote:

Woooooa!!!!!! Way out of line it seems to go with this topic!!! Just to think how others share your willing to see Strato, and how they share your dreams, you shoot them (us) down! You naughty girl you are!!!
I shot no one down, I have a right to defend myself. No one is going to misjudge me&attempt to play shrink with me and get away with it. I don't give a damn who attempts it.NO ONE is a mindreader. NO ONE.
Naughty? At the right time&place--Damn right! :D

Natas

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'd Give my Right Arm, Left

Post by Natas » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:21 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
I shot no one down, I have a right to defend myself. No one is going to misjudge me&attempt to play shrink with me and get away with it. I don't give a damn who attempts it.NO ONE is a mindreader. NO ONE.
Naughty? At the right time&place--Damn right! :D
How can you say you are not shooting?
Just because I was to lazy to wright your whole name, I was rich, spoiled and unemployed...Im neither!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:41 pm

Maiden34

Post by Maiden34 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:53 am

Me too. This fucking sucks. American Stratovarius fans have been and are being fucked so much. I think that we deserve ONE show before the breakup... its so sad.
"Life down here is just a strange illusion" -Steve Harris

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:13 pm

Maiden34 wrote:
Me too. This fucking sucks. American Stratovarius fans have been and are being fucked so much. I think that we deserve ONE show before the breakup... its so sad.
Its really no damn use discussing this---Europeans will NEVER understand because they do not walk in our shoes! And, yeah, its sad because there are enough Strato/Metal fans to support a whole USA tour to every damn state! Have a couple Supporting bands like Iced Earth and Megadeth and Stratovarius will hit Big Name Status in USA.

I ain't gonna say a goddamn more about it--if TT does not know what he is missing, he can stick it&forget it!
Hell yes, I'm angry! :pissed:
In a good way! ;)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:11 pm

A couple of Festivals are going to be held this weekend--maybe we will get a few Reports! Hint, Hint!

Wish I could be there but the Atlantic Ocean&European continent prohibit that!:D

timo the soulforged

Post by timo the soulforged » Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:59 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
A couple of Festivals are going to be held this weekend--maybe we will get a few Reports! Hint, Hint!

Wish I could be there but the Atlantic Ocean&European continent prohibit that!:D
YES THE reports would be something good and ''peacefull'' and i really don't like seing that topic sinking ......... :) ;)
Gold-Booga.C-Guard

theflyingfinn

Re: I'd Give my Right Arm, Left Leg, and Right Eye to See/Meet S

Post by theflyingfinn » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:42 am

Obviously the funniest post in a long time... Too bad, ppl think this pinkie here is a troll. Surely becoz they are blind themselves or turning the blind eye. So much truth in that post, it's unbelievable

MAJINDIEGO

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:00 pm

sounds pretty much a clone
By the grace of God Almighty,
And the pressures of the marketplace
The human race have civilized itself...
...it´s a miracle.

theflyingfinn

Post by theflyingfinn » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:29 pm

MAJINDIEGO wrote:sounds pretty much a clone
Well, whoever pinkie really is, the post is an exercise in truth! 8)