Have you ever dreamed about Stratovarius?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
God Called In Sick T
Re: Re: Have you ever dreamed about Stratovarius?

Post by God Called In Sick T » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:58 am

One...
Twilightsymphony wrote:
I never dreamed of Stratovarius :eyes

But i rarely dream at all...
Two...
God Called In Sick Today wrote:
Why not? If you had read Freud's "The Interpretation Of Dreams" you would have found that it's our unconcious is trying to make us avoid talking about the dream or even thinking about it (that's why we sometimes forget about our dreams the morning after having them).
... and three...
stratovarius_legend wrote:
You always dream, each nights you just dont remember it! ;)
:)

NP: AFI - Wester
Sir Öfdhe Necromountain, slaying motherfucking trolls since the word 'fuck' was invented.

iron_thunder

Re: Have you ever dreamed about Stratovarius?

Post by iron_thunder » Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:33 am

That sounds like a nice dream, dude. I haven't seen Stratovarius either (since I live all the way in bloody Canada, EH!). I wouldn't have minded having that dream!

I've dreamed about Metal a few times... I had this dream a long time ago about Judas Priest. It was similar to how you described it-- they were playing outside, in a circle on the grass, not on a stage. And there weren't a lot of people there, either! Anyway, it turns out they were lipsynching-- kind of like Millie Vanillie.

I told my then-girlfriend about it (she doesn't listen to Metal) that I thought the dream meant Priest was selling out. "Why, 'cause they keep releasing live albums?" For somebody who doesn't know Metal, she read my mind.
Weird.
I think I've had a few others-- I even had a dream about S Club 7. Weird. I think I probably woke up very angrily! Why why why would I dream about S Club 7? Jesus.

I dream a lot about music-- there will be a band, say Manowar or Stratovarius or Nightwish, who are playing entirely new material. So my dream is a new album-- and it's great music! My unconscious is a good composer, it seems, but I can't remember it when I wake up, really. So my waking mind can't compose well...

I had this dream about Elements pt 2 (before it came out) and what would be on the tracklist. It wasn't exactly ABOUT STratovarius, but it was a dream about the music. They covered all these 50s songs. It sounded great. So if any of you want to join me and do a 50s-Metal cover band, you know where to find me!!

Ha...

www.sacredembrace.com
www.myspace.com/sacred_embrace_webzine

iron_thunder

Post by iron_thunder » Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:38 am

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:
I once dreamt that Koti appeared to me and liberated my mind from its daily struggle. That sounds so retarded, but that's really what it was.
Hey dude, that doesn't sound retarded, that sounds awesome! And anyway, that's what so much of Stratovarius' music is about! That sounds like a great dream. Very uplifting :)
Besides, we can't really say dreams are stupid. Ok, my above-mentioned S Club 7 dream was stupid for obvious reasons... But really, by dreaming I guess our minds are trying to tell us something, or at least incorporate lots of stuff from around us. I'm not making sense right now, but you know what I mean...

www.sacredembrace.com

God Called In Sick T

Re: Re: Re: Have you ever dreamed about Stratovarius?

Post by God Called In Sick T » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:30 pm

iron_thunder wrote:
Hey dude, that doesn't sound retarded, that sounds awesome! And anyway, that's what so much of Stratovarius' music is about! That sounds like a great dream. Very uplifting :)
Besides, we can't really say dreams are stupid. Ok, my above-mentioned S Club 7 dream was stupid for obvious reasons... But really, by dreaming I guess our minds are trying to tell us something, or at least incorporate lots of stuff from around us. I'm not making sense right now, but you know what I mean...
Well, our psyche sometimes makes jokes about funny things or likes to make jokes to hide some content that our psyche wants to hide.
Sir Öfdhe Necromountain, slaying motherfucking trolls since the word 'fuck' was invented.

antonio

Re: Re: Re: Re: Have you ever dreamed about Stratovarius?

Post by antonio » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:31 pm

iron_thunder wrote:
Well, our psyche sometimes makes jokes about funny things or likes to make jokes to hide some content that our psyche wants to hide.
are yo freud's son? :D
very cool topic..
Rock and Roll.

iron_thunder

Re: Re: Re: KOTIPELTO INTERVIEW AT SACREDEMBRACE.COM

Post by iron_thunder » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:13 pm

iron_thunder wrote:

Haha, you made a lot of sense out of my post, thanks :) I was nearing dreamland myself when I wrote that! Ok, so last night... No dreams about Stratovarius, even though I was reading this topic right before I went to bed. *Shrug*

www.sacredembrace.com

God Called In Sick T

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Have you ever dreamed about Stratovarius

Post by God Called In Sick T » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:56 pm

antonio wrote:
are yo freud's son? :D
very cool topic..
I wish I was. It would have been interesting, but nevertheless, I'm trying to solve this problem and reinvesting all the wasting time into reading all his books :D
iron_thunder wrote:
Haha, you made a lot of sense out of my post, thanks :) I was nearing dreamland myself when I wrote that! Ok, so last night... No dreams about Stratovarius, even though I was reading this topic right before I went to bed. *Shrug*
I will state it here, if I dream about Stratovarius or if I have another interesting dream (well, I know all of them are interesting, but I know what I mean) tonight. Just like every night.

If it gets cooler, I can open a new thread for interpretation of generic dreams.

NP: Scorpions - White Dove (live)

HymnToLife

Post by HymnToLife » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:58 am

Yes...
They played at my garage in my dreams! :eek: It was funny.
Ok, this is the kind of dream that is impossible to come true...
http://ahymntolife.cjb.net
I'm the one who holds the key
To all that I can be

God Called In Sick T

Post by God Called In Sick T » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:48 am

It's just me or isn't anybody able to remember any of the songs they "played for you"? I can remember the whole concert! O_o

... but nobody said a shit about the setlist.

NP: AFI - Paper Airplanes (Makeshift Wings)

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:25 pm

I'm told that most people have at least 20 dreams in any given night of sleep. I don't believe that my id causes me to forget....i imagine it's simply the fact that there's so damn many of them. Besides, i'm lucky if i can remember how to get to work, let alone remember 20+ dreams a day.

And yet i remember being a CareBear....

Dream interpretation is fun and sometimes useful but i'm fairly worn of it...i have ceased to care about most things, esotericism being one of them. It's all what you make of it anyway. People should realize their inner potential to be their own guru.

And if "esotericism" isn't a real word, i don't wanna hear it from any of you!! :eyes :)
Let no man surrender so long as he is unwounded and can fight.

HvyMtlClickWitch

Re: Re: Re: Have you ever dreamed about Stratovarius?

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:31 pm

iron_thunder wrote:
Hey dude, that doesn't sound retarded, that sounds awesome!
Grumble..grumble......i'm not a dude, i'm a chick who can kick a dude's ass. There's not THAT much difference, but still.... :(

God Called In Sick T

Post by God Called In Sick T » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:13 pm

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:
I'm told that most people have at least 20 dreams in any given night of sleep. I don't believe that my id causes me to forget....i imagine it's simply the fact that there's so damn many of them. Besides, i'm lucky if i can remember how to get to work, let alone remember 20+ dreams a day.

And yet i remember being a CareBear....

Dream interpretation is fun and sometimes useful but i'm fairly worn of it...i have ceased to care about most things, esotericism being one of them. It's all what you make of it anyway. People should realize their inner potential to be their own guru.

And if "esotericism" isn't a real word, i don't wanna hear it from any of you!! :eyes :)
Well, I don't really do it as a job, it is kind of a hobby to me. I think it's funny, and curious. I don't think it's a science, but a bunch of coincidencies... in spite of that, I like to interpretate dreams!

NP: Dragonforce - Valley Of The Damned

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:51 pm

That's pretty cool, that you enjoy doing that! My observations are that people can make sense out of anything all by themselves. Everyone has the answers within. So even in weird dreams such as being a CareBear or making out with Jens (or whatever you weirdos dream of), anyone can find their own solutions. Few people do, though.

I think it's sad the way people turn to others for guidance when the capabilities of one's own mind are so vast. Fucking sheep.

Entar

Post by Entar » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:33 pm

Hmm...

I found myself on some place I didn't recognize, and Stratovarius was on the stage. I saw Kotipelto singing, Tolkki playing the guitar, etc. But the songs were not familiar to me, and Kotipelto's voice sounded very different, after all they reminded me of H.I.M :/
Then Kotipelto told me to come on the stage, and sing "Anthem of the World". That's all I remember :D

Oh, and my friend told me he had a dream too... He was driving around the town, and he saw me with buckskin on. But first he thought I was Kotipelto and asked for an autograph :DD Then he recognized me and we kept driving until we crashed :/
Like the last white bird of freedom
Love is dead

ToLki

Post by ToLki » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:46 am

I have a gig dream.... and tolkki give to me his Pick up... :~( Nice =D
OnCe AgAin I TrY To mAke thIngS wOrK...
FaciNg aLl ThE pOwEr oF SoCiETy!

Maka

Post by Maka » Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:36 pm

Well... actually I've dreamed about Stratovarius... specially with Koti... :evilgrin:

Gnosis_and_Life

Post by Gnosis_and_Life » Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:57 pm

P.S.: What happened to my cousin? I don’t know when, but I didn’t see him again on the dream, and I didn’t care too, poor guy. :D
Last edited by Gnosis_and_Life on Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Menetät terveytesi lähitulevaisuudessa, jos ryyppäät niin paljon.

God Called In Sick T

Post by God Called In Sick T » Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:05 pm

Interesting dreams, all you've got.

PD: Yes, I have returned, but for a while, because this monday I set off to a friend's town for a week.

NP: Scorpions - The Rythm Of Love

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:25 am

Maka wrote:
Well... actually I've dreamed about Stratovarius... specially with Koti... :evilgrin:
sounds like you'll be sleeping for a long time there. :D Not that i haven't had Vai-like "in My Dreams With You" kind of nights before. Just not with Mr. Kotipelto. Now, about Jet Li....... ;)

tkbdadsgshim

Post by tkbdadsgshim » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:05 am

yes i have dreamed with strato but believe you don't wanna hear my dream , so ...

anyway i think it was a great , awesome dream :D :D :D
"life can be good with the right people" - andi deris

Gnosis_and_Life

Post by Gnosis_and_Life » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:21 pm

Gnosis_and_Life wrote:P.S.: What happened to my cousin? I don’t know when, but I didn’t see him again on the dream, and I didn’t care too, poor guy. :D
Again, the first part of my original post is gone! :evil: Luckily, I use to write down my interesting dreams, so here it is:

I was at home and my cousin came and told me: “Come quickly, Strato is playing right now in town!”, and I went “What?!? I didn’t knew they were going to come!” and he told me it was a last minute decision. So we went running on the streets but didn’t know where the show was taking place, we could here the music and asked people where they were and nobody knew, so we kept following the music until we get to the local stadium, but it was closed! :shock: I could here Kiss of Judas playing and I was desperate for getting in! We rounded all the stadium and my cousin find a little window and we get inside and ran through aisles and stairs, and Black Diamond started, and I said “Noooo, it’s going to finish!” :~( . And when we finally get to the field, we caught BM in its 2nd minute or something and I was so far from the stage I could barely see them! I tried to get closer, pushing people and the show ended!

I was there crying for my bad luck, but keep moving towards the stage while all the people were going out, and then, lights turned on again and I ran to the stage, getting to the first row, and there was gonna be a Kotipelto-solo show! All the people returned (but I was already at front row!) and Koti started with Reasons, Beginning, Lord of Eternity, Take me Away (in that song, he approached to the public, touched my hand and gave me a backstage pass!), and he ended his show with a finnish folk song, and he even danced it! :rotflmao1: The show was over and then I get backstage but I can’t tell you more. :evilgrin:

Well, my dream started so bad, ended sooooo good! :mrgreen:
Menetät terveytesi lähitulevaisuudessa, jos ryyppäät niin paljon.

DW5000AD3

Dreams

Post by DW5000AD3 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:42 am

well i had a especial Dream about stratovarius too. here it goes:

the dream started with a concert of Stratovarius in a Mysterious Gim, i was inside, they were playing already and there were about 200 people watching.
they were playing on the floor too, like the other´s dream xD. but the most strange part is that i was behind them, Watching the show!. i know the reason, i am a drummer and thats the better place to see Jörg playing Drumz, so i stayed behind him all the time watching how he played. i remember when they were going to play "Hunting High And Low" and i said to Jörg "hey Jörg, can i play the drums for this song??" ; and he said "No" , ¬¬. so the song started with Jörg at drums, but suddenly Jörg went mad and started to play as a newbie!, he just hit all the surroundings of the toms!, he dropped de Crushes! , and the 16`Tom fell to the flor rolling! xD!!!. Jörg really made a mess on the drumkit, but no one noticed it, beacuse i was the only one there. so i picked the parts of the drum while Jörg was still playing, and helped him, so the song could sound better. after all that Weird Moment, the Show Ended , but Jörg ust left and the only word that he said to me in the entire show was "no" ! hahaha. i was very funny after all . and i enjoied watching a great drummer just as if was real life.
The Power Of dreams.
"Theater Of Salvation"

God Called In Sick T

Re: Dreams

Post by God Called In Sick T » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:59 pm

DW5000AD3 wrote:well i had a especial Dream about stratovarius too. here it goes:

the dream started with a concert of Stratovarius in a Mysterious Gim, i was inside, they were playing already and there were about 200 people watching.
they were playing on the floor too, like the other´s dream xD. but the most strange part is that i was behind them, Watching the show!. i know the reason, i am a drummer and thats the better place to see Jörg playing Drumz, so i stayed behind him all the time watching how he played. i remember when they were going to play "Hunting High And Low" and i said to Jörg "hey Jörg, can i play the drums for this song??" ; and he said "No" , ¬¬. so the song started with Jörg at drums, but suddenly Jörg went mad and started to play as a newbie!, he just hit all the surroundings of the toms!, he dropped de Crushes! , and the 16`Tom fell to the flor rolling! xD!!!. Jörg really made a mess on the drumkit, but no one noticed it, beacuse i was the only one there. so i picked the parts of the drum while Jörg was still playing, and helped him, so the song could sound better. after all that Weird Moment, the Show Ended , but Jörg ust left and the only word that he said to me in the entire show was "no" ! hahaha. i was very funny after all . and i enjoied watching a great drummer just as if was real life.
The Power Of dreams.
This one is quite clear. It seems to me that you want to be in Jörg's shoes, you envy him, and you want to play better than him in the bands he's played to show the World how great you are.

NP: Rage - Her Diary's Black Pages

Veripalttu

Post by Veripalttu » Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:07 pm

I had a dream that I was sitting with Jens and TT around a table. We talked about writing a song to support wind powerplants. Jens talked about how Göran Persson personally supports windpower. TT had put all his mind to his rasberry youghurt, he was reading very carefully the small print around the packing. Suddenly there came this guy who yelled "dont you drop that!!" and took TT's spoon. After that I woke up and thought that the whole meeting was kind of silly.

Elazul

Post by Elazul » Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:36 pm

Hold on to your dream, somewhere there's a beam of hope
which is guiding your way through the dark.
This is your chance, Your love, your romance.
Hold on to your dream and never give up in your life.

:zzz: :~(

God Called In Sick T

Post by God Called In Sick T » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:38 pm

Elazul wrote:Hold on to your dream, somewhere there's a beam of hope
which is guiding your way through the dark.
This is your chance, Your love, your romance.
Hold on to your dream and never give up in your life.

:zzz: :~(
Meaning of that?

NP: Children Of Bodom - Touch Like Angel Of Death

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:35 pm

Forgive my ignorance, but who is Göran Persson?

Veripalttu

Post by Veripalttu » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:55 pm

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but who is Göran Persson?
The prime minister of Sweden.

Holy Light

Post by Holy Light » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:01 am

Yes, it was a strange dream. Uncle Jessie from the show full house was playing keys and actually kicking ass!!! Hope I don't have another dream with uncle jessie in it, that's just weird.

DW5000AD3

Post by DW5000AD3 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:56 am

This one is quite clear. It seems to me that you want to be in Jörg's shoes, you envy him, and you want to play better than him in the bands he's played to show the World how great you are.

NP: Rage - Her Diary's Black Pages

DW5000AD3 replyes

Your interpretation is almost accerted!. I ADMIRE Jörg so much that i compare him with the best drummers on the world (dennis chambers, terry bozzio), in one thing you are wrong , i have never Envied Jörg ! and i will never do it. beacuse i am a fan of him! i play drumz and is thanks to him at the beggining!. Its true that i would like to play with the band a couple of songs!! oo it would be so AWESOME!!! BUT I REALLY PREFER TO SEE THE REAL STRATOVARIUS, !! THE ONE WITH JÖRG; TOLKKI; KOTI; JENS; JARI! THEY ARE JUST TOO GOOD! and me to keep playing in my local bands that i like so much. xD
(Inhumed (death metal) and the Rock proyect)

from the lat dream to now, i had another one! but i was about my old school, we were organizing the head-teacher birthday i think. and a teacher told me a secret. it was "the favourite song of the head-master is Hunting hogh and low" , could you play that cover to him like a present??
" jajajjajajaj that was funny! beacuse at the end we never played it! xD
and the most strange part is that Hunting high and Low it´s not on my favourite song list; i think the reason is that my father likes that one, and i was impressed that myfather liked Strato. so thats maybe the reason.

i hope i keep having Strato Dreams!

Other Comment:
And One other Thing, Me has a drummer; i only compete with myself, it means that y try to improve my weaker aspects, but i never compete with other drummers,many times it could appear to be taht beacuse thats the comparation that people do when they see you playing (IE : "ooo hes better than the other one" etc).
"Theater Of Salvation"