STRATO AT GATES OF METAL

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
VictorSand
Re: STRATO AT GATES OF METAL

Post by VictorSand » Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:58 pm

Sure browneyed, will put up more soon. Not very great ones (hard to take pics with the dark, and all the stage lights) but anyway they will come up, like tomorrow night after work when I will have the time to mess with it ;)

liberty_aa

Post by liberty_aa » Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:58 am

Last edited by liberty_aa on Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

liberty_aa

Post by liberty_aa » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:17 am

Okay some other guy also said he talked to Jens.. I'll translate for you. "I also talked to Jens but to me he said that he has no idea whats going to happen to Strato and that things didnt look that good right now. He never said they were gonna split up though."

empi

Post by empi » Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:30 am

Hi folks

It was great from TT to play Beauty has come and it seems that TK has forgiven TT. But if there is a future for Stratovarius ??? I expect nothing an i'am happy have seen them playing live . Best wishes to all Stratomembers! whatever you'll do in the future ?! GOOD LUCK

Greetz empi

dwarflander

Post by dwarflander » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:36 am

Oh, I wish I could have been there too to hear Beauty has Come! I was at Ankkarock and that gig was awesome too, even though they didn´t play Beauty... but "Forever" instead. When I think about it, Strato is always awesome. :) Everytime I have left the venue with a smile on my face. So, my sincere thanks to the whole band. You rock. :)
Pimeys, tästä eteenpäin olet minulle valoa.
(André Gide)

rockm

Re: Re: STRATO AT GATES OF METAL

Post by rockm » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:08 pm

dwarflander wrote:
Oh, I wish I could have been there too to hear Beauty has Come! I was at Ankkarock and that gig was awesome too, even though they didn´t play Beauty... but "Forever" instead. When I think about it, Strato is always awesome. :) Everytime I have left the venue with a smile on my face. So, my sincere thanks to the whole band. You rock. :)
Perhaps I would choose slightly different words. The show at Tavastia in May was awesome and this one at Ankkarock excellent :) Maybe I like the atmosphere of a club more than a festival.

I also think someone should rewrite Kotipelto´s quite boring speeches. All that bullshit talk about the audience the evening before and so on.. You really get the impression that Koti is fed up with these shows, allthough he is trying to keep the audience satisfied.

My wild guess is that there will be at least a quite long break for Stratovarius now. But maybe some day somehow... we'll see :)

dwarflander

Re: Re: Re: STRATO AT GATES OF METAL

Post by dwarflander » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:45 pm

rockm wrote:
dwarflander wrote:
Perhaps I would choose slightly different words. The show at Tavastia in May was awesome and this one at Ankkarock excellent :) Maybe I like the atmosphere of a club more than a festival.

I also think someone should rewrite Kotipelto´s quite boring speeches. All that bullshit talk about the audience the evening before and so on.. You really get the impression that Koti is fed up with these shows, allthough he is trying to keep the audience satisfied.

My wild guess is that there will be at least a quite long break for Stratovarius now. But maybe some day somehow... we'll see :)
Koti seemed fed up ??? I didn´t notice :eyes Well, I guess I was too busy trying to take photos that I missed Koti´s facial expressions... On the contrary, I thought that TT and TK seemed to interact in a more relaxed way, but that doesn´t mean anything I guess...
(André Gide)

rockm

Re: Re: Re: Re: STRATO AT GATES OF METAL

Post by rockm » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:25 pm

Koti seemed fed up ??? I didn´t notice :eyes Well, I guess I was too busy trying to take photos that I missed Koti´s facial expressions... On the contrary, I thought that TT and TK seemed to interact in a more relaxed way, but that doesn´t mean anything I guess...
Sorry, don't hang me for my opinion :D Koti has propably used those same phrases on every show during the whole tour. That is slightly boring.

Btw, Jens had composed a rather funny kvak kvak-song for Ankkarock (Ankka=Duck). That was a bit more innovative :)

Moony

Post by Moony » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:35 pm

rockm wrote: Koti has propably used those same phrases on every show during the whole tour. That is slightly boring.
He has probably used those same phrases since 1997. :D Now that is really boring.
You know where you are? You're in the jungle, baby. You're gonna DIE!

rockm

Post by rockm » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:19 pm

Moony wrote:
rockm wrote: Koti has propably used those same phrases on every show during the whole tour. That is slightly boring.
He has probably used those same phrases since 1997. :D Now that is really boring.
In that case I really agree :D

Ekholm

Post by Ekholm » Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:07 pm

I was at Gates of Metal too...
It was an amazing show. I stood as close to the stage as possible and when Jörg threw his drumsticks I was a few centimetres from getting one.

It was totally amazing when Tolkki smiled and told Kotipelto that he had a surprise for him and started playing Beauty Has Come on the acoustic guitar.
And I was terribly naive and thought that when they shook hands, it was a sign of a reunion... but when thinking of it now there are many signs of the opposite as well.
For example; why did Tolkki stand alone far left on the stage while the others were on the right?? And I only saw a few smiles during the whole concert.

Anyway the moment when they shook hands was amazing!! I have a photo of it, which I will post as soon as possible. I have several others that I will post as well.

Please don't split up!!!!!

dwarflander

Post by dwarflander » Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:30 pm

Moony wrote:
Well, boring or not, I still prefer his phrases to the ones the singer of Darkness was saying :eyes I mean, is it really necessary to teach the fans phrases like "yes, you fuckin´cunt" (when he asked "do you wanna rock" or smth and he told the fans to say yes you f*n c*nt!) Ofcourse, majority of the people there already knew those words, but still I found it a bit infantile. :eyes
(André Gide)

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:50 pm

Boring... Do you really care about what he is saying or not? I don't give a sweet fuck, at the end the music matters to me. He said it in Brazil and it did work... and will work all the time, because people get involved in that atmosphere... well, at least it happens to me.

And I still prefer this "boring" words screamed by Kotipelto than by Miss K... you remember her, don't you?

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:51 pm

I like the "how loud can you be?" and "count to four in Finnish" stuff, it's part of the live atmosphere. Unless I see them for about 20 shows then I don't think I will bore of it.

Also it's worth remembering that Tolkki is on heavy medication that has the side effect of making him very tired... to play the songs alone must have cost him all his energy.
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

Jaakko

Post by Jaakko » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:15 am

"For example; why did Tolkki stand alone far left on the stage while the others were on the right?? And I only saw a few smiles during the whole concert."

Well that seems totally normal to me. Tolkki has been alone on the left side for years, he often doesn't move around that much. And he's never been smiling so much on stage either. I don't think we have any "signs" here of this or that, really.

Legions

Re: Re: Re: STRATO AT GATES OF METAL

Post by Legions » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:59 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
Lord Aesgareth wrote:
yes, I agree with you, but I don't want to hope too much for nothing : better to think Kotipelto won't return and have a good surprise afterwards. but youre right, it could go worse :)
Anyway, as long as they're still playing, we should support them and go to their concerts !!
(btw browneyedgirl ive read lots of posts of yours -which are... numerous :D - that you were living in the USA and that you couldnt see them : that's a shame... I guess they have loads of fans there, haven't they?)
USA has quite alot of StratoFans--not as many a Europe, of course,but plenty enough to sustain a Concert,or Tour. I have not given up hope yet! :)

im with you, I live in Indiana (which is in America) and i have been waiting for so long for Stratovarius to come to America.

I'll just keep hoping
Sun is shining,
sky is so blue,
and filled with hope its promising,
because my life is taken....

commie

Well

Post by commie » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:56 pm

The shaking of hands in one step in the right direction.
And i got kinda touched.. :)

The guys standing next to me was screaming like crazy... "THEY WHERE SHAKING HANDS!! THEY WHERE SHAKING HANDS!! YEEEESSS!!" :P

Well.. I really hope they kan fix all there problems with eachother..

Nero

Post by Nero » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:22 pm

I wished I could have been there, but had too much to do. Hopefully that concert was a step in the right direction with the handshake and all..

celine_kotipelto

Post by celine_kotipelto » Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:06 am

Whee! I was there to.. It was AMAZING when Tolkki whispeard to Koti something.. and kotipelto sais " oh, tolkki have a suprise for me, i diddnt know" and Tolkki takes his aucustic guitar and played beauty has come..
I almost cried then.. I was standing betwen TimoK and Jens :D
When Koti heard wich song it was, he just looked at the ground and closed his eyes, and smiled.. :roll: hihi.. it was beautiful..

the best song they played was Destiny=)

But if you want pictures of Gates Of Metal show, so have i taken alot!
see at my homepage www.celinekotipelto.tk and klick on "part.2" there you find it all..

I meet the guys on the hotel after the show.. It was amazing.. I took a picture with them, you can also see that on my home page :wink:
would be nice if you wanted to write in my guestbook to :wink:
Let your spirit free, through window of your mind
Unchain your soul from hate, all you need is fate