Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Nummirock 2004

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alpha&omega

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Aloitin aiheen ku tietustelen onko immeisiä lähössä kyseiseen tapahtumaan..? ja varsinkin keski-Suomesta päin? Eyes
Itse on vielä hieman kahden vaiheilla vaikka kyllä kovasti kiinnostas lähteä... Cool

timo the soulforged

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

..........i agree..which language is this??

Laaka

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Laughing
@alpha&omega, THIS, is the english side Wink Very Happy

..Just change the tobic to the finnish side Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
antonio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

i want to learn finnish...
it's a cool language Cool

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
alpha&omega wrote:
Aloitin aiheen ku tietustelen onko immeisiä lähössä kyseiseen tapahtumaan..? ja varsinkin keski-Suomesta päin? Eyes
Itse on vielä hieman kahden vaiheilla vaikka kyllä kovasti kiinnostas lähteä... Cool

Why didn't you post in English?
Are you asking what Stratovarius position is regarding Nummirock festival?
If they are going to play there?

If they do, I guess they will let us know! Wink

timo the soulforged

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Laaka wrote:

laaka i don't have bad intentions but i think u have done this mistake again it is topic not tobic........ Smile Smile Smile

Laaka

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Okay, thanks for the information, tough is that so big thing? Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
timo the soulforged

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Laaka wrote:
Okay, thanks for the information, tough is that so big thing? Wink

you're welcome.........no but isn't it better like that!!!

Laaka

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

And now, when we are talking about some mistakes, in this toPic, my wish is, that everyone will write as good english as they can. Like it wont take much time, if you write "you" instead if "u" or "are" instead of "r" Wink

Invinoveritas

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

[/quote]

timo the soulforged

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

[/quote]

Laaka

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MY AVATAR!?!

timo the soulforged

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Laaka wrote:

it is a bit NAZI!!!

Moony

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I believe this is slightly off topic, though.

God Called In Sick T

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
timo the soulforged wrote:
Quote:
Laaka wrote:

it is a bit NAZI!!!

If you want it to be nazi, it'll be nazi. Swastika is not a nazi symbol because they didn't invent it. It was used, many centuries ago, by the religious orders of the Tibet... but the German Reich made the Swastika famous.

In fact, the Basques did use the Swastikas too, but before the nazis rose to the power. After the moment in which the World saw the terrible face of the German Aryans, the Basques stopped using it.

NP: Arch Enemy - Ravenous

Laaka

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

yeah, like Moony said:

It´s reasonable to do one thing clear with Finnish Swastika and Nazi Swastika that not any misunderstaning can occur:

Swastika generally is centuries old Symbol of Luck

So don't say nothing, if you don't know anything about it!
Finnish air forces as well Finnish tank troops used Swastika 1918-1944. Why since 1918? Because in that time (During Finnish Civil War) Swedish Count Von Rosen donated to Finnish legal government (White troops) a plane where Von Rosen have painted a symbol of his family, Blue Swastika. After The Civil War Finland´s newborn Army used that blue swastika as symbol of Finnish Air Forces. Also Tank troops adopted that new symbol. Tank troops Swastika´s color is black.

How Finnish Swastika then differ from Nazi Swastika? Finnish Swastika is blue and it rest fully on its one "spike", see picture below left.
Nazi Swastika is black and usually in 45 degrees angle as you can see from picture below right.

There is a difference!

So don't say nothing if you don't know anything about it!

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I admit when I first say Laaka's swatstika I was alitle:nervous: but, now that he explained it, I understand.
I remember when the Peace symbol became popular in 70s, these "Christian" groups tried to say it was a symbol of a broken cross--not really a peace symbol at all. Trying to rally cries against hippie movement.
In other words, a symbol can mean whatever meaning we afix to it. The originator had a meaning in mind, and whatever symbol we use we need to go to the source/orginator to find its true meaning.

timo the soulforged

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

ok i'm sorry then....
but the finnish one looks like the part of a carpet!!!! Very Happy

alpha&omega

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I`m sorry... I tried to write this in finnish site but It came here... Sad

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Nummirock is a wild festival, ain't it? Tongue I saw pic of it-rigt up my alley--wish I were there! Wink
Jeleapfrog I think its going on at this very minute, Finland time!
Beerchug Happy partying! I'll just settle for my case of beer and a date with Pinky tonight! Wink And a ral date on Saturday! Wink

Have a nice weekend, folks! Smileysex5

Entar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

:D I'll translate:
"I started this topic to ask if anyone is going to this event? Especially from Middle-Finland?
I'm not really sure yet am I going, though I'd really like to..."

johnnyingrstrv

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Entar wrote:
Very Happy I'll translate:
"I started this topic to ask if anyone is going to this event? Especially from Middle-Finland?
I'm not really sure yet am I going, though I'd really like to..."

Who else ? Crying

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Everybody must be going to those festivals today because this Forum has been dead as a doornail almost all day. Its just now nighttime in USA, but in Finland its about 4am in the morning-Saturday.

Oh, these days in North Finland the Sun shines all night--kind of a dusky light!
Damn, I bet thats fun! Jump1 Yl2jump

Stratomano

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
Laaka wrote:

yeah, Im not understand MERDA NENHUMA hahauhauhuauahuah

here is the english discussion Tongue

dwarflander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I was at Nummirock and Strato played an awesome gig Cool They played "I walk to my own song", "Phoenix", "Reign of Terror", "Eternity", "Forever Free", "Forever", "Kiss of Judas", "Black Diamond"... I can´t remember in which order Worried ... and I think I left something out...

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Sounds great! It sounds like they are just about back to the way things used to be!
Thats very promising! Smile

HymnToLife
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I hope those shows arent the last of Stratovarius!!

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

[/quote]

Moony

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Some pics from the festival:

www.nummirock.fi/2004/kuvasarjat/ perjantai/stratovarius
www.nummirock.fi/2004/kuvasarjat/ perjantai/stratovarius2

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Nummirock 2004 Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Those are great pics---the band seems more relaxed now. But, TT is not quite up to par yet--he's not moving around on stage much, and he still is so pale, and tired lookng. But, that is to be expected, they just played a show the night before.
Great crowd--I hope they enjoyed the show.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum