Which strato songs can u play in the guitar??

Here musicians can talk to each other about making music etc. Of course if you are not a musician you are still welcomed to this board, but the topics should somehow be about making music.
timo the soulforged
Which strato songs can u play in the guitar??

Post by timo the soulforged » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:08 am

Which strato songs can u play in the guitar??and where from do u download tabs??
Gold-Booga.C-Guard

Twilightsymphony

Re: Which strato songs can u play in the guitar??

Post by Twilightsymphony » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:37 am

There are a bunch of Strato songs at Metaltabs:

Stratovarius Tabs

Dont know about the quality though...
Delusions Of Grandeur

Veripalttu

Post by Veripalttu » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:42 am

Last edited by Veripalttu on Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
I haven't killed him yet sir,
But when I do, I shall have the stomach and the liver too,
And the floppily doppilies in their horrid glue.

timo the soulforged

Re: Re: Which strato songs can u play in the guitar??

Post by timo the soulforged » Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:09 pm

Gold-Booga.C-Guard

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:33 pm

Out Of The Shadows, Father Time, Speed Of Light, Kiss Of Judas, Black Diamond, Forever Free, Legions, Holy Light (till the acoustic part), Paradise, Coming Home, Visions, Destiny, Hunting High And Low, Eagleheart, Soul Of A Vagabond, I Walk To My Own Song

...At least somehow.

Stratobanger

Post by Stratobanger » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:18 pm

I can play Speed Of Light, No Turning Back, Coming Home, well...in a certain way i still have trouble with the solos, damn Tolkki, he's just too good...or i'm just too bad :lol:
...And the booga will unite the nations and in the name of the justice, they'll fight against the evil one...

-The Booga Prophecies by Zheo Blackheart, master of all magics

Veripalttu

Re: Re: Re: Which strato songs can u play in the guitar??

Post by Veripalttu » Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:23 am

I dont write anything down. I just listen and remember the guitar lines by heart, just like any Stratofan remembers most of the vocal lines and lyrics by heart.
Last edited by Veripalttu on Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twilightsymphony

Re: Re: Re: Re: Which strato songs can u play in the guitar?

Post by Twilightsymphony » Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:30 am

Veripalttu wrote:
I dont write anything down. I just listen and remember the guitar lines by heart, just like any Stratofan remembers most of the vocal lines and lyrics by heart.
And learning a song by listening to it is the best way to really learn the song and to train your hearing, although it is also the hardest way :)
Delusions Of Grandeur

timo the soulforged

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Which strato songs can u play in the gui

Post by timo the soulforged » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:31 pm

yes but there are songs like destiny which last 10 min.how do you manage with these songs?i mean i can play some songs by listening too but only some riffs and some melodies but not the solos!!!How long are you playing guitar?You must have very big ears!! :D
Gold-Booga.C-Guard

Veripalttu

Post by Veripalttu » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:29 pm

I have been playing guitar for over three years now. But Iv'e been playinf saxophone for 11 years I guess. Long tunes are not much harder to remember, if you have listened to destiny over and over again, you will remember it.

About playing solos, playing them note for note is not an easy task. Even when I play any Strato solo note for note it doesn't sound exactly like Timo, Even If I had the exact same equipment, I bet I still wouldn't sound like Timo. I perfer to follow the patterns and do my own variation, which (IMO) is the best thing about the solo's.
Guitar solos sybolize freedom to me. When time comes for a solo in a song, one should feel free to play what the hell he /she wants. Wheter you are playing Strato, Extreme, Eurythmics Mayhem or your own stuff, the solo is yours, the solo is your feelings, the solo is YOU. A solo should never be something printed in black on white in a "rule book".

Stratobanger

Post by Stratobanger » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:07 am

Veripalttu wrote:

About playing solos, playing them note for note is not an easy task. Even when I play any Strato solo note for note it doesn't sound exactly like Timo, Even If I had the exact same equipment, I bet I still wouldn't sound like Timo. I perfer to follow the patterns and do my own variation, which (IMO) is the best thing about the solo's.
Guitar solos sybolize freedom to me. When time comes for a solo in a song, one should feel free to play what the hell he /she wants. Wheter you are playing Strato, Extreme, Eurythmics Mayhem or your own stuff, the solo is yours, the solo is your feelings, the solo is YOU. A solo should never be something printed in black on white in a "rule book".
Hallelujah!
...And the booga will unite the nations and in the name of the justice, they'll fight against the evil one...

-The Booga Prophecies by Zheo Blackheart, master of all magics

timo the soulforged

Post by timo the soulforged » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:18 am

Veripalttu wrote:
I have been playing guitar for over three years now. But Iv'e been playinf saxophone for 11 years I guess. Long tunes are not much harder to remember, if you have listened to destiny over and over again, you will remember it.

I'll keep this in my mind!!!
Gold-Booga.C-Guard

Luca

Post by Luca » Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:19 pm

Let me say I agree with Veripalttu: I can play almost every Stratovarius stuff, and I learn only by listening at the songs, like he says, as fans are remembering the vocals and sing them, I hear the notes, register them in my mind and put the almost automatically at the guitars. First I learn the rythmics, of course, and the most important is the tone of the whole song. After I learned the first note, then everything comes alone... I try to follow the songs, to sing it in my mind over the rythmics and when I hear something is wrong (always is wrong at the beginning), I try other notes until it all sounds good: this ability of know when "IT SOUNDS GOOD" is nothing you can learn, I think. That's why there are tabs :) ... I never used them, because I'm lucky to have the "perfect pitch", that means I know notes in my mind, even without listening to anything (my teacher told me that is something like 0,1% of people has it)..... But anyway it's not necessary, just a good ear is really enough!!

About solos, I learn them note-by-note, it's very difficult but in the end I reply solos quite perfectly. Then it makes me sad that Tolkki plays always differents solo live, because he doesn't even write a solo, he just play it down and record it....

If the stuff it too difficult (like Symphony X or Dream Theater), then sometimes I need some tabs...

But play with your ear, and try to do always better!!
Suomi Finland rulez!

Night Time Eclipse

Post by Night Time Eclipse » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:47 am

Everything, Everything, Everything from Strato... easy stuff man...
Will The Sun Rise???

Messatsu

Post by Messatsu » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:53 pm

Luca wrote:
enough!!

Then it makes me sad that Tolkki plays always differents solo live, because he doesn't even write a solo, he just play it down and record it....
Yes it's true but only because he doesnt to do it...like Jens...

I have a solo written by Jens...but i think that he prefer to improvise at the moment...and i think that Tolkki too...
Shun-Gokuh-Satsu.

Ateis

Post by Ateis » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:16 am

I have played the I walk to my own song rhythm guitar for a few times, really rough for the wrists.

Enkeli

Post by Enkeli » Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:22 am

Anthem of the World [bass]
Eagle Heart [bass]
Cold Winter Nights [bass]
Forever [guitar]
Paradise [bass]
Destiny [bass]
Speed of Light [bass]

i don't play guitar much...as you can probably see, :D 8)
summer's gone a while ago, daylight dims away...