Does Strato has had any influence on you?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Stratobanger
Does Strato has had any influence on you?

Post by Stratobanger » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:31 am

How does stratovarius has affected your life?

Myself: I started playing powermetal since i listened Stratosphere, i think i listened to that song almos 20 times a day! :D actaully i have 2 bands who are really really influenced by TT and his music....but how does Strato has influenced you?
...And the booga will unite the nations and in the name of the justice, they'll fight against the evil one...

-The Booga Prophecies by Zheo Blackheart, master of all magics

Curry

Re: Does Strato has had any influence on you?

Post by Curry » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:54 am

The single "S.O.S." and the album "Destiny" were the first song I heard and the first album I got. Same time with Destiny, I got an electric guitar (black Yamaha Telecaster).

The band was my first inspiration. As a kid I wanted to be the world's fastest guitarist, thank to Strato. Nowadays I listen very much 70s rock like Led Zeppelin, I want to be the world's best guitarist. :D
"The coldest blood runs through my veins / you know my name"

MAJINDIEGO

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:24 pm

Yep...specially on forums!
:D
By the grace of God Almighty,
And the pressures of the marketplace
The human race have civilized itself...
...it´s a miracle.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:59 pm

Yes, I am intriqued by their peaceful influence in their music. Strato never has had to resort to attention-getting games to get fans, or their attention. Fans like Strato's music for what it represents: tranqulity, harmony, and balance within mankind. The freedom to be oneself in society,to express oneself fully and without hesitation, yet.... caring about ones fellow man and others feelings within the context of that expression. This concept in music, and within the band itself is so beautiful, that is way the recent changes going away from these lofty ideals are shocking and some people are actually mourning the loss of these wonderful traits that brought so many fans to Strato. Be a smartass and call these people childish if you lower yourself to do so, but these Strato models of greatness(whether they were real in the band or not)was the glue that bound Strato together, and the majority of the fans to them.
I just hope the band survives the dissolution of this co-hesiveness.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Stratobanger

Post by Stratobanger » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:40 pm

Man..it's just the music they make....amazing....it sounds very sentimental and powerfull, with a strong voice singing possitive lyrics...Against The Wind....one of the most stimulating songs i've heard....Dream With Me....A masterpiece....i hope that one day i can compose like Tolkki :D, he's just the best metal composer i've heard....
...And the booga will unite the nations and in the name of the justice, they'll fight against the evil one...

God Called In Sick T

Post by God Called In Sick T » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:44 pm

Mmm, I haven't been influenced too much by Stratovarius because it's not the kind of music I want to play/sing in a band. But they are just the opposite, and that's why I like (love) them!

I have been influenced by Kotipelto and Kiske because of the way they sing (I can reach very high notes) but it's not the music I'm gonna play/sing in the future, I repeat.

NP: Marduk - Baptism By Fire (I want to play something like Marduk :D )
Sir Öfdhe Necromountain, slaying motherfucking trolls since the word 'fuck' was invented.

The_Trooper

Post by The_Trooper » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:13 pm

Strato was the band that made me like melodic metal. I had listened to Helloween before, liked it, but not so much.
Besides that, Stratovarius was the first metal show I attended here in Rio, in august 2003.

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:40 pm

Stratovarius was the first metal band, that I liked. Then I've started to listen to other metal bands too, mostly power metal bands. Destiny influenced me a lot, just take a look at my topics. =P
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

MetalForever

Post by MetalForever » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:49 pm

Of course they had!!!
They were the first metal band that I began to listen.And also I became more interested in music.I started to play giutar and I started to write some lyrics(unfortunetlly I don´t have any band :( )
So that´s it
Don´t be afraid of Darkness!
Rise Your Sword And Fight For Good

stratovarius_legend

Post by stratovarius_legend » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:05 pm

I will alway's have alot of respect for Tolkki and Strato what ever happend
Last edited by stratovarius_legend on Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fight Until We Die!

HymnToLife

Post by HymnToLife » Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:01 am

Musically, Tolkki gave me the inspiration to keep playing guitar.
Beside that his music, the message at the lyrics gave me, and keep giving me, strenght to carry on throught bad and hard times!
http://ahymntolife.cjb.net
I'm the one who holds the key
To all that I can be

johnnyingrstrv

Post by johnnyingrstrv » Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:56 pm

well in the begining i liked a lot the strato style also the stratovarius songs but i think that they should be more heavier all these years ..
Six strings is all you need in this life...

Stratobanger

Post by Stratobanger » Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:41 am

......Damn.....i didn't knew how much influenced i was until last night....

You see...i'm making a instrumental song (I've always wanted to do one :D ) And when i was writing the keyboard part (which i REALLY liked!...you see...i play guitar not keyboards...actually i know almost nothing about keys ??? so that's why i was so excited) I put a Stratovarius CD i friend made to me which contains the most representative songs of Episode, Visions and Destiny....well...back to that night....when i listened Episode...FUCK!!!!!!! What i did on the keyboard...was already written by Jens....I tought...damn....I guess i'm too highly influenced by them :lol:

GreenPeace

Post by GreenPeace » Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:45 am

Strato was the very first metal band I have listened to (I used to hear a lot of punk-rock before), and it did influence me.
If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have started playing guitar and would not have formed my own (currently dismantled :buh:) band.
[Insert punch line here]

debro

Post by debro » Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:29 am

well... actually my songs have some strato flavour, but a little bit heavier...
i can't play like TT or sing like TK, but yes the whole band had influence in my music! :)
i even recorded Playing With Fire with some friends, i played bass there (not that good... i play guitar, but we were 3 guitarists so i turned that place to my friends :P)... it turned out pretty acceptable, i'll link that file here sometime if you like :D
NAKEHW

Luca

Post by Luca » Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:50 am

When sometimes I found myself alone in some starlight night on a rocky beach at summer, listening to Visions for the first times was like discovering my soul!! It was the answer to my feelings, both good and bad... That's how my life was influenced by them. If I was angry or sad, I chose their company in my walk-man.... If I was excited, happy and euphorious I chose thir company as well, to be even happier!!!! :D :D :D
Suomi Finland rulez!

Beast_Pete

Re: Re: Does Strato has had any influence on you?

Post by Beast_Pete » Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:47 pm

Luca wrote:
If I was angry or sad, I chose their company in my walk-man.... If I was excited, happy and euphorious I chose thir company as well, to be even happier!!!! :D :D :D
Great post. ;)
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Stradi_caster

Post by Stradi_caster » Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:42 pm

Sure it did! Stratovarius is (or was?!) a band that came in 1998 to play in São Paulo, Brazil when they were not that famous (of course they were, in the metal ground) and they were just great! Fucking great songs, a sound that is melodic but isnt "happy", fast and powerfull songs that bring u up, and the list goes on and on...After the show we followed their bus to the airport to get some autographs and maybe talk to them. There's something about them i call musical memory. Many things in my life can be related to some of their songs, as if Stratovarius was the soundtrack to a movie that is my life.
Cheers to all.

Painless_Cry

Post by Painless_Cry » Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:41 am

it has a lot of influence in the thing I use to write and also in the stuff I draw..
Prisoner of desire,will stay here...
..I swear...for the pleasure of this moment and the name of lord erotica

Stratoagriniotis

Post by Stratoagriniotis » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:00 am

Dont know about Stratovarius but Tolkki has influenced both my character and my way of living. The guy is really a genius. Alright , he did mistakes...but everyone does. Strato's music is generally outstanding and HYMN TO LIFE is one of the best albums in my record collection!!!
ROCK HARD RIDE FREE!!!
GET NAZISM OUT OF METAL!

ladyofeternity

Post by ladyofeternity » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:15 am

& Stratovarius had inspired me too
Last edited by ladyofeternity on Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alaluusua

Post by Alaluusua » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:16 am

Stratovarius inspired me to start playing drums. 8)
Helileijaa

Rantanen

Post by Rantanen » Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:23 pm

People here have talked about how the MUSIC of STRATOVARIUS has influenced them, but for me, the LYRICS have been equally important as the music, if not even more. My thinking was really influenced by a the lyrics of Strato, not so much these days, I'm growing older and leaving things behind, and I'm becoming more calm, not so excited about things anymore.
One by one we all give in.

GreenPeace

Post by GreenPeace » Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:37 pm

Their lyrics are masterwork, no doubt.
[Insert punch line here]

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:30 pm

The spirituality of their lyrics is masterful.....no one else in HeavyMetal could ever hold a candle to their meaningful songs.

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:49 pm

Yeah, Rantanen said everything. Stratovarius did help me to learn tolerance, forgiveness, humilty, love, and also gave me conscience about nature and how the world can influence me if I don't let my spirit free. Which other band could do it?
Against the Wind was the first Stratosong I heard and I simply thought: "...fuck... what?!?!?" . At that moment music did take another face in my head. I thought that there could be perfect songs somewhere, some positive, catchy and wonderful melodies, and lyrics which says what I want (and need) to hear... then finally I realized that Stratovarius music would be the soundtrack to my life. And so it is. ;)

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:36 pm

Stradi_caster wrote:
a sound that is melodic but isnt "happy"
Right, fucking right, man. That's what differentiate Stratovarius of the other 10.000.000 melodic metal bands around the world.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:45 pm

I think Jorg&Jens have shown a persistence&strength of character that should be an example for us all.

These guys are not letting the problems, and overwhelming adversitys affect the future of this fantastic band.
They are going to give their all to save Stratovarius---that is what I cal loyalty, love, hope,and faith. These are traits which should enligten us, and be our role model.
Never Give up--Never give in!
We are the Legions of Twilight!
And as Legions(with Jorge&jens as our leaders)we shall overcome these problems, and succeed! The Album is coming!

Reaper

Post by Reaper » Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:15 pm

The music of Stratovarius helped me through some very tough times of my life. I was depressed for some time, and their music did to me what no doctors and drugs could ever do! If it wasn't for them, who knows what whould have happened to me. Stratovarius gave me a whole new perspective on life. (Just listen to "I'm still alive")
Like the Phoenix I rise...

Johnny_Tiss

Post by Johnny_Tiss » Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:25 pm

So ... yes! Stratovarius has influenced me a LOT! They are all GREAT musicians and I hope that they are also good people. Their music is simply amazing, beautiful and I don't know what else. I think that the ideas of TT are very cheap, but in the end of all that composing and other stuff it is MASTERPIECE! I don't know how he does it, but he's genius. Parts for bass guitar are wonderful, keybords and vocals are perfect. Now I play guitar, bass guitar, drums and keyboards and want to try to compose my own music, not lyrics because I don't have ideas for that. So STAY METAL ...