Peace

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Stratobanger
Peace

Post by Stratobanger » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:26 pm

Lately i've seen too much hate and despair in the forum, and i think...why?

Are we really THAT different? c'mon...in the forum we have white, black, yellow and green people, we have catholic, atheist, budist, jew, hare krishnas, we have men, women, children, we're that...a community...different people united for something...in this case, music.

Here in the forum exist people who really care.and i try to be one of them, and i know i'm not alone.

Browneyedfool, please, stop the attack against Browneyedgirl, you may not think the way she does...you're not her...but it's useless to harrass her the way you do.

The Booga Knights have warned you...Liina too...

Anyway, we united here at first for a reason, let's not forget it, let's fight for what we believe, and i believe, that this forum, will be a safe place again...

Let's give peace a chance

:)
...And the booga will unite the nations and in the name of the justice, they'll fight against the evil one...

-The Booga Prophecies by Zheo Blackheart, master of all magics

GreenPeace

Re: Peace

Post by GreenPeace » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:47 pm

Lately i've seen too much hate and despair in the forum, and i think...why?

Are we really THAT different? c'mon...in the forum we have white, black, yellow and green people, we have catholic, atheist, budist, jew, hare krishnas, we have men, women, children, we're that...a community...different people united for something...in this case, music.

Here in the forum exist people who really care.and i try to be one of them, and i know i'm not alone.

Browneyedfool, please, stop the attack against Browneyedgirl, you may not think the way she does...you're not her...but it's useless to harrass her the way you do.

The Booga Knights have warned you...Liina too...

Anyway, we united here at first for a reason, let's not forget it, let's fight for what we believe, and i believe, that this forum, will be a safe place again...

Let's give peace a chance
I'm a green man... :D

But what you said is true. There are many different ppl in this forum, and peace CAN be sustained, believe it or not. This forum was peaceful some time ago, why can't it be again?
[Insert punch line here]

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:00 pm

Believe me, there are forums that are hell compared to the Stratobored :)
Delusions Of Grandeur

dwarflander

Post by dwarflander » Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:08 pm

Yeah, it´s sad that the possibility of posting all kinds of s*it anonymously seems to bring out the worst in some people :eyes . Maybe it´s partly misunderstanding (sometimes things are interpreted the wrong way because one is not face to face with the other party of the conversation) and partly thoughtless, self-centered attitude ??? I mean, it´s so easy to use harsh words towards some unknown nickname who one will never meet. It seems that people forget that behind words there is an actual person with feelings and thoughts.

Peace for all mankind :)
Pimeys, tästä eteenpäin olet minulle valoa.
(André Gide)

jean_luc_picard

Post by jean_luc_picard » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:13 pm

Good topic, btw! :D I think we should enjoy chatting and learning from those who are different from us, confronting with each other on different views and so on. Certain people just can't stand this, they have to force things and enflame situations. Indeed, this is something that happens often in communities so I won't be surprised too much.

Twilightsymphony is right, there are forums that are much much worse than this one, but this doesn't mean we should not care. We all are users of the board, we should try to make it the best that we can - I think a good starting point would be taking the personal conflict on a private messaging level, without annoying people with stupid and useless flaming, and without making the moderator close topics because people has gone off topic.
=P
What are you going to do then?
Knock on the doors with your head, Peregrin Took!

NordicStorm

Post by NordicStorm » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:38 pm

The current state of the forum is still a million times better than it used to be, though.
Give me liberty, or give me cake!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:49 am

It had not been an argument(at least publicly)in this Forum for months until we-know-who showed up. I guess we can turn the other cheek right now and see what happens. ???

Yes, it has been so quiet here it got almost dead-like....but, I am not complaining.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

StratoHeart

Re: Re: Peace

Post by StratoHeart » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:51 pm

NordicStorm wrote:
The current state of the forum is still a million times better than it used to be, though.
Really... right after the Stratosplit things simply went out of control. Almost all posts offensive and full of hate, including mine. After that we had Tjabo episode and forum's breakdown... to me the things are really ok now.

Agent Orange

Re: Re: Peace

Post by Agent Orange » Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:13 pm

Twilightsymphony wrote:
Believe me, there are forums that are hell compared to the Stratobored :)
Indeed, I've seen forums where almost anything goes, from excessive swearing to huge flamewars. Maybe that's where a lot of trolls are coming from...

Compared to those, this message board is very, very tame.

khamael

Post by khamael » Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:04 am

great topic Sir Banger.

Booga Peace to all living beings....