Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Is it a crime?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StratoHeart
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Is it a crime? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I have two interesting intyerviews with Timo Kotipelto at Rock Brigade and Roadie Crew brazilian zines, I would put it here, but a friend warned me that it could be a crime. Surprised
Is it true? I think not. Anyway, can I put it here or not?
Confused

Cristiane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it a crime? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I don't think it is... all you have to do is say that you took that interview from the Rock Brigade magazine.
Besides you're going to translate it once the interview was published on portuguese. So I think there's no problem.

antonio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it a crime? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

i think no...because other users have made topics related to interview..
however you can simply write the address of the interview

MAJINDIEGO
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it a crime? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

that´s not a problem...if you reveal the source it would be ok.
And besides, the interview was released already...so, go ahead!

eternity_strato

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it a crime? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

it isn´t a crime i think. post them, we´re hungry for information!!!! Very Happy

Toldo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: Is it a crime? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Yeah, i think is nota a crime too

So...

StratoHeart
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Is it a crime? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
antonio wrote:

The topics were about interviews already published on the web. Since RB and RC are printed magazine, you must buy it to read the texts. So, he warned me that I couldn't put it here for free reading, and it makes some sense. Even if I put the source here, you wouldn't buy the magazine because of this interview (as I did), it's available for free at Stratoforum. Well, maybe I'm completely wrong, but the interviews are translated already, only waiting for their chance.

Couldn't Liina say something about?

dwarflander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Re: Is it a crime? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
StratoHeart wrote:
Quote:
antonio wrote:

The topics were about interviews already published on the web. Since RB and RC are printed magazine, you must buy it to read the texts. So, he warned me that I couldn't put it here for free reading, and it makes some sense. Even if I put the source here, you wouldn't buy the magazine because of this interview (as I did), it's available for free at Stratoforum. Well, maybe I'm completely wrong, but the interviews are translated already, only waiting for their chance.

Couldn't Liina say something about?

I think at least some newspapers quote others all the time. The question is how much material you take. At least I think so. Confused I mean, I suppose you could translate one article and mention the source. It´s not like you´re going to post the whole magazine on the internet. Or if you have doubts, just make a shorter version of the main points. That at least is not illegal.

NordicStorm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it a crime? Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Finnish copyright laws would apply to the Stratoforum since the server is located in Finland.
I'm not quite sure what exactly the laws say at the moment, but to be absolutely sure you're not breaking any laws, you'd have to have the author's consent to post the complete article, even if it originally was an online article. And even then, the magazine in question may have some sort of contract with the author that their articles may not be republished anywhere.
It's fair use to quote publications (not the whole article though, only passages thereof) on the undertaking that they are properly credited and such.
However, you are of course free to post your own summary of the interview.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum