We're optimistic guys!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Luca
We're optimistic guys!

Post by Luca » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:33 pm

I can see that we are all speaking about Stratovarius like if they have already solved every problem and Timo and Jorg are back in the band. Though I'm a little optimistic that everything will be allright soon, I'm even more and more anxious about what is happening NOW to Tolkki & co.
I mean, 3rd July has passed and was claimed like the Judgement day, then more shows, some interviews... I wonder how long we have to wait.
If I try to think that the answer about Kotipelto and Jorg coming back can also be negative, I don't feel I will accept it... Don't you think that now that we are all optimistic it would be even worse if... it doesn't happen ???
Suomi Finland rulez!

antonio

Re: We're optimistic guys!

Post by antonio » Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:09 pm

I'm very optimistic...i think and hope that koti come back in strato lie-up...'cause is one my favourite singers...
but if koti don't want to come back and TT want to carry on there are thousand of virtuous singers that want to join strato...
for me the only problem is if TT want to continue Strato-band...
Rock and Roll.

vene777

Post by vene777 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:07 pm

I hope that TT won't continue Strato if TK doesn'tr want to join back the band. He better starts a new band.

antonio

Re: Re: We're optimistic guys!

Post by antonio » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:13 pm

vene777 wrote:
I hope that TT won't continue Strato if TK doesn'tr want to join back the band. He better starts a new band.
In my opinion he should mantain band...cause:
Stratovarius are tolkki not koti.
Rock and Roll.

browneyedfool

Post by browneyedfool » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:15 pm

I refuse to listen to Koti again until I hear a Miss K demo. I've been waiting too long to hear her voice now to be let down.
Cheers

vene777

Post by vene777 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:18 pm

no way, TT writes all music but STRATOVARIUS IS Timo Tolkki, Timo Kotipelto, Jörg Michael, Jens Johanssen, Jari Kainulainen. TT knows that. You can't change the vocalist from a band that had so much success with him. I prefer TT to stop the band to continue what Miss K on vocal. The band is dead anyway if TK doesn't join back.

khamael

Post by khamael » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:19 pm

AHAHAH...hilarous!

antonio

Post by antonio » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:19 pm

In my opinion we'll never hear missk sing stratosong...neither a demo...
Rock and Roll.

antonio

Post by antonio » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:29 pm

vene777 wrote:
prefer TT to stop the band to continue what Miss K on vocal.
I've never said that missK should join in stratoLine-up...
However i think that TT has passed a negative period...TK is felf offended etc... but now things are changed and if Kotipelto don't want to come back in Stratovarius is in my opinion for pride... but you are right we are in love of stratovarius with TK on vocals...
Kotipelto come back :~(
Rock and Roll.

Maka

Re: Re: Re: We're optimistic guys!

Post by Maka » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:47 pm

antonio wrote:

WTF!! Stratovarius ISN'T only Tolkki!! I mean, Stratovarius is Tolkki, and Kotipelto and the rest!! You just can't say that Strato is Tolkki but no Koti...

antonio

Post by antonio » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:54 pm

And if koti won't come back it's right that tolkki will stop Stratovarius?

I think that one man can't stop a band...one of my favourite band...
Rock and Roll.

Gnosis_and_Life

Post by Gnosis_and_Life » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:32 pm

antonio wrote:
... but now things are changed and if Kotipelto don't want to come back in Stratovarius is in my opinion for pride...
I don't agree. I don't think that his decision for rejoining the band or not will be taken over pride, I think that it's more a matter of feeling comfortable doing this job again. Nobody wants to return to a job where the chances of disagreements with your boss will be more than the agreements and you will feel bad about it. :(

I hope it's not the case, though... :err:
Menetät terveytesi lähitulevaisuudessa, jos ryyppäät niin paljon.

khamael

Re: Re: Re: Re: We're optimistic guys!

Post by khamael » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:01 pm

Maka wrote:
antonio wrote:

WTF!! Stratovarius ISN'T only Tolkki!! I mean, Stratovarius is Tolkki, and Kotipelto and the rest!! You just can't say that Strato is Tolkki but no Koti...

Please not again...please :eek:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:32 pm

vene777 wrote:
no way, TT writes all music but STRATOVARIUS IS Timo Tolkki, Timo Kotipelto, Jörg Michael, Jens Johanssen, Jari Kainulainen. TT knows that. You can't change the vocalist from a band that had so much success with him. I prefer TT to stop the band to continue what Miss K on vocal. The band is dead anyway if TK doesn't join back.
Thats right--TT said that himself after he came to his senses.
The line-up with TK as singer proved to be best!
Thats reality.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

browneyedfool

Post by browneyedfool » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:41 pm

Well put, but I still want to hear what Miss. K Sounds like!

And BTW, Stratovarius IMO is Tolkki 1st, and the rest 2nd.

Its his band. Imagine making a band, and then other members want to use THEIR songs in it instead of your own! Its your band, you should be able to call the shots!

He made the band. It legally belongs to him, and he is the longest current member.
Cheers

antonio

Post by antonio » Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:37 am

I know...but i want 'Varius...with Koti or without koti. That's all i have to say.
Last edited by antonio on Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rock and Roll.

VariuS

Post by VariuS » Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:39 am

All I wish is that guys sort their things out and end up with the best possible result, for both the listeners and the band. All the good!

Reaper

Post by Reaper » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:52 am

There is no Stratovarius without the old line-up, and I don't care how Miss K (or anyone else) would have sounded like, she does not have the Stratospirit...
Like the Phoenix I rise...

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:56 am

...still supporting Katriina. :D
Last edited by Twilightsymphony on Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delusions Of Grandeur

Luca

Post by Luca » Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:12 pm

My real question is: if Tolkki and Kotipelto find out that their PERSONAL problems and PROFESSIONAL IDEAS can survive togheter, will Kotipelto join Stratovarius?
I mean, of course if Kotipelto and Tolkki don't find common points about how to work togheter Kotipelto will never re-join the band... But, if they find the solutions, it's not sure that Kotipelto will come back... And let's not forget that Jorg will come back ONLY if Kotipelto is coming too... So, no Timo K. = no Jorg too....

I'd be much relieved if Kotipelto stated that if they will work things out then it's SURE that he wants to continue with Stratovarius...
hell, what if they solve problems but then he thinks "well, I live well even without joining Strato and I will continue alone"???
It's a nightmare, and a "soap"-opera that never ends :eek: :eek:
Suomi Finland rulez!

Neorave

Post by Neorave » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:18 am

antonio wrote:
Kind of true...however, it would be hard for the band to be without TK. Besides, if we don't hear any demos from Miss K, the band would be pretty much no more.
Somehow I still have an account...yay...?

Invinoveritas

Post by Invinoveritas » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:04 pm

I'd also like to hear something from Miss K, even if it wasn't in connection with Strato.
Anyhow, last Stratoshow I saw in Tavastia proved that Koti's performance is completely so much over the top, that reaching that level is VERY difficult for anyone. And I've seen fairly many bands in my life....
In the morning, don't say you love me, cause I'll only...

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:31 pm

This keeping-the-fans-waiting-for-an-answer thing is very intriguing! Its keeping us all very interested--I know I am! =P

I hope Koti returns, but I can understand if he doesn't. :(
I want to hear more of Stratovarius--but, not seriously without Koti. On the other hand, I would not have tossed them completely aside with anyone else.
Now that TTs dream of having own studio is came true, it won't be bad for him if Koti says no. But, for fans= :~( :~( :~( :~(

And, I seriously do not think now, at this point, TT will start another band if Strato ceases to be. But, maybe.... :)

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

stranded

Post by stranded » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:37 pm

lol....metal puritists are almost funny.

With the confusion and arguing over mere opinions on this board, do you think that the band can resolve it's differences which are much more deeply rooted into their lives?

Do you really think that, with the recent surge of solo ventures and freedom of personal expression of the members that they will go back into something where they have little say in the matter - just do what you're told and that's it?

They did the shows, TT has a studio in which he's quite proud of (I miss analogue tape too TT), and other memebrs have their solo careers now. Face the most likely reality - Strato could very well be a band of the past.

You guys talk as if you know what's best for the members. Got news for you, and as a person in the profession for 14 years - I can say this. A band reaches a point to where the "obligation" to the fans is not as important as the obligation to themselves as individuals. To wish anything else for them except their own personal happiness is selfish. Even if they did get back together, do you think the next Strato CD would have the same "spirit" as before given the tainted events that occured?

I wish them good luck in their ventures. No push to get bck together. They put out some really kick ass music and played their hearts out on stage for many years. Flip the perspective folks - if Strato is done, you haven't lost anything. You gained many years of great music and a chance to see and interact with a band either in person or on a message board. You gained CD's and a good bit of memories to go along with it.

As far as MissK, I would have liked to have heard her voice as well. Nothing to do with Strato or not. I'm a musician and a fan of good music. Just because she was put in Koti's "sacred" spot for a bit tainted people's opinion's. I can look past that myself an appreciate really good music whether it's called Stratovarius or Asshats On Parade. There are far too few bands putting out quality music this day and age. So the band's name is irrelevent in the end, it the end product that counts.

Pull Stratovarius off of this religious pedestal many have put it upon. It is a name atop a CD. It isn't some diety to be worshipped LOL!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:47 pm

OMG! Deja vu all over again.. :eyes :eyes :eyes :eyes

Edgirl

Post by Edgirl » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:19 pm

well that's my first post here, and maybe not exactly has a contact with the topic, but i think i should tell it to you all, that i wonder you sincerely, and i see your activity charmed, that how active and optimist are you, and how give to your favourite all the support you can. if something could be very important, well THIS will make the (ex-)Strato-members think, what they mean to you, and all of their fans outside this forum. You're fantastic, as you treat this situation. I'm sure if it would happen with the Edguy, i'd do the same :))well, do it pedal to the metal, and stay heavy, i hope SO that everything'll allright soon. all the best!
What's a fall if we can't rise?
WHAT'S A HERO at a play, WITHOUT A FOOL to fight?

/Tobias Sammet ; VGO-1999/

Three_Pyramids

Post by Three_Pyramids » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:51 pm

I dont want Kotipelto back :x

MAJINDIEGO

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:30 pm

:shock:
Three_Piramids: Criminal!!
:P
@Edgirl: great post!

@browneyedgirl: took the words out of my mouth!
By the grace of God Almighty,
And the pressures of the marketplace
The human race have civilized itself...
...it´s a miracle.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:02 pm

MAJINDIEGO wrote::shock:
Three_Piramids: Criminal!!
:P
@Edgirl: great post!

@browneyedgirl: took the words out of my mouth!
Yep--that Post of STRANDED reminded me of somebody.:crazy2: :roll: :roll: :roll: :pissed:
I think you know who! ;)

tkbdadsgshim

Post by tkbdadsgshim » Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:02 am

of course we all are optimistic about this situation , i think we all want the same thing STRATOVARIUS together again , but of course we have to be realistics ( if you know what i mean) , this return of jörg n' koti it's not a fact yet , we had to have that in mind , i don't know what to think we don't know nothin' about the band , we don't have any new news , the last thing we knew was that koti n' tolkki have been talkin that's all , n' now nothing more , now koti is doing a tour in southamerica but that's all , we need to know somethin' n' i don't care which was the decision i will be alwys with them .
"life can be good with the right people" - andi deris