BEAUTIES OF NATURE

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
browneyedgirl
BEAUTIES OF NATURE

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:55 am

If you live in a rural area as I do, the wonders of Nature are all about, and never cease to amaze!
Deer, and their fawns often come to my backyard, wildflowers abound in fields, and birds of all species can be seen--even nocturnal owls, and waterloving cranes. Geese and ducks fly overhead in typical "V"formatin every year,and the whippoorwills(nightjar in some countries)haunting cries echo at dusk. At night, tree frogs&crickets squeech while the fireflies mating dance illuminate the landscape like tiny neon lights.

I encourage Nature by hanging several hummingbird feeders in my backyard--these tiny birds are often dubbed,"Gods little jewels" and it is an aproriate name for these colorful avian delights!
And this year my flower garden consisted mainly of white, pink,& purple strawflowers,red petunias(smell great), orange marigolds, yellow black-eyed susans, and several plants of an enormous variety of Elephant ear.
Nature also includes rabbit&cutechipmunks which often folic in my veggie garden sometimes stealing bites of tomatoes, beans, and lettuce before scurrying back to their dens! Then, there are the colorful butterflies that flitter in my flower garden-yellow swallowtail, black zebra, and orange monarch are just two of the many species that are common.
Since it has been raining alot lately,I can't help noticing how cleaner&fresher the air is--the fragrance of flowers in the air so much sharper.

All these are little things we often take for granted and overlook, yet God help us if these creations of Mom Nature disappear from our lives. Because these gifts to our senses are the best free things life has to offer.

Maybe this topic is not as exciting as how Paris Hilton looks in he ne bikini, or who played at the last Metal festival, but I thought we all could discuss the natural things that often make us stop, stare, and sometimes even gasp in amazement!
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

browneyedgirl

Re: BEAUTIES OF NATURE

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:28 pm

Last edited by browneyedgirl on Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:08 pm

Fireflies at night!

Th very elusv Whippoorwill--many of us country hicks go our entire lives without seeing one, only hearing their haunting cries at dusk on warm Spring-Summer nights. Then, they migrate to South America when its Winter here.
Ugly little thing, ain't it? :D But, I love to listen to their cries(done by the male)at nightfall when I'm sitting on the backporch sipping a beer or cola taking in all the Beauties of Nature!

Jaakko

Post by Jaakko » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:08 pm

If you post pictures, at least I would prefer pictures you have taken, we can find this stuff elsewhere too.

Too bad I'm no photographer but here's a funny picture from last summer, the tiny flower in the asphalt desert deeply touched me. A real beauty eh? :lol:

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:09 am

Where I live in ANGOLA, there isn't much.

But i have lways dreamed of coming to america where I would thrive amongst the daisies.

streakchic

Post by streakchic » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:46 am

I am into watching birds quite a lot. I have this old link on my site, I've not updated it in about a year but I still have some pics I took myself. (And some of that info my be incorrect.... I haven't double checked it.)http://www.angelfire.com/darkside/streakchic/Birds.html

I do enjoy nature quite a lot. And as browneyedgirl mentioned, a few hummingbird feeders can be nice as well. I have two hanging from the overhang right off my back porch. It can be very nice to watch them, and I love to because they're so small and quick but if you get a good look at them they're very pretty.
Behind the clouds, the sun is shining.

browneyedgirl

Re: Re: BEAUTIES OF NATURE

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:54 pm

streakchic wrote:
I am into watching birds quite a lot. I have this old link on my site, I've not updated it in about a year but I still have some pics I took myself. (And some of that info my be incorrect.... I haven't double checked it.)http://www.angelfire.com/darkside/streakchic/Birds.html

I do enjoy nature quite a lot. And as browneyedgirl mentioned, a few hummingbird feeders can be nice as well. I have two hanging from the overhang right off my back porch. It can be very nice to watch them, and I love to because they're so small and quick but if you get a good look at them they're very pretty.
a

yes, I love watching those colorful little birds! But,they can be aggressive....there is always a "bully"male(ones with Red throat)that wants to take over the feeder! I've seen some bad fights erupt 'ween those cute little "gems of God"! :)

Veripalttu

Post by Veripalttu » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:33 pm

Nature really is amazing. Where I live there are alot of rabbits and hedgehogs running around.
I haven't killed him yet sir,
But when I do, I shall have the stomach and the liver too,
And the floppily doppilies in their horrid glue.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:54 pm

Veripalttu wrote:
Nature really is amazing. Where I live there are alot of rabbits and hedgehogs running around.
Where? Australia has the most diverse(and weird)flora&fauna in the world! There is a theory about that.
Yep, I watch Crocodile Hunter!:D

God Called In Sick T

Post by God Called In Sick T » Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:27 pm

... and I thought this post was about semi-nude women... ¬¬

NP: Falconer - Upon The Grave Of Guilt
Sir Öfdhe Necromountain, slaying motherfucking trolls since the word 'fuck' was invented.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:36 pm

God Called In Sick Today wrote:
... and I thought this post was about semi-nude women... ¬¬

NP: Falconer - Upon The Grave Of Guilt
:lol:Not hardly, Because to be fair there would have to be one on semi-nude men!OH-OH!Jorg&Koti's Pics are here!:red: