The Obvious Campaign to declare me a Troll! ;)

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
browneyedgirl
The Obvious Campaign to declare me a Troll! ;)

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:42 pm

I am aware of whats going on, why, and who is responsible behind the scenes. I am neither paranoid, or delusional--but, I am smarter than a few give me credit for! ;) I also know how this sick game is being played, also! This game happened to a smaller degree when these Killfiles(with penalties) started.

I'm not giving up because I have done NOTHING wrong! This is a Forum where ideas are discused, expressed, and bantered about. I have pretty much confined myself to the Picture Topics the past couple months. Whats harmful about Pic topic you may ask? ??? Well, apparently a warped person(or two) got offended just because I called the StratoGuys cute&sexy&complimented&praised them.(Particularly one of them)Let me remind that the KATRIINA topic was going strong during that time&nothing was said about THAT! These same people that found my praisings to be disgusting :lol: are the SAME people who would sit through an R-rated, or even X-Rated movie with blatant sex scenes&enjoy it&find nothing wrong. Praisings VS.Sex scenes, and praising is found offensive?:shake: How hypocritical can you get? Something is skewed here, and it ain't me!
Maybe its just my USA openminded honesty about such things.???

Killfile itself is NOT a bad thing----you simply place a person there who is smartass, sarcatic, or simply annoys you.I'm on other Forums that use it, and no problem at all! Its the penalty thing that is being used as obvious revenge tools by sick individuals.
Talk enough people with an intelligent "silver tongue" into Killfiling someone(even if you have to recruit newbies) and that someone will become a troll! This can be done easily.

I am NOT a Troll! A "Spammer" maybe, like a large portion of Forumers, but NOT a Troll!

We have have almost complete Peace in this Forum Since after the Nazi crisis was resolved--about April? I think.......Then, an outsider got miffed over some trivial issue and is taking it out on me personally.(And, take my word ;) they will not be disciplined) Then, other things happened recently.....
And, so it goes!
It takes courage to point out things, and come forward. I may get banned completely over this, but its not my doing. I know whats happening here, why, &who is involved in the ongoing attempt to make a Troll outta me to keep me from posting Pictures&joking about them!:lol:

Thats All! This maybe my last post here so I made it a doozie! Go out with a BANG!No guts, no glory!
So, my few enemies, you may get your wish--but, I ain't crying over it! However, if I go down you may just be swallowed up in my misfortune because the same rope that hung me can very well choke you to death, too! ;)

Cheers!:beer: ;)

Remember Jimmy Hoffa? :D
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

browneyedfool

Re: The Obvious Campaign to declare me a Troll! ;)

Post by browneyedfool » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:32 pm

You are taking it too hard on yourself.

1). Those newbs are never gonna get your killcount up enough (remember what matters is the PERCENT).

2). Why do you think you will be banned for saying this?
Cheers

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:39 pm

Killfile is a good feature, but IMO banning shouldn't be automatic (banning when certain number of people put you in their killfile). That's what are moderators made for - to monitor the board and to respond to trolls and such and ban them when needed.

What are we seeing in BEG's case is an excellent example of how this auto-ban ability is abused ... Hopefully it will be fixed as fast as possible.
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

khamael

Re: Re: The Obvious Campaign to declare me a Troll! ;)

Post by khamael » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:59 pm

What are we seeing in BEG's case is an excellent example of how this auto-ban ability is abused ... Hopefully it will be fixed as fast as possible.[/quote] lets hope...:buh:
Last edited by khamael on Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scorp

Post by scorp » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:01 pm

Shurik wrote:
Killfile is a good feature, but IMO banning shouldn't be automatic (banning when certain number of people put you in their killfile). That's what are moderators made for - to monitor the board and to respond to trolls and such and ban them when needed.

What are we seeing in BEG's case is an excellent example of how this auto-ban ability is abused ... Hopefully it will be fixed as fast as possible.
I couldn't agree with you more!

Besides, even if there's "must" be an automatical ban it should be for statistics over 50%. Cause if it's lower than that then it means that the majority Wants to read the posts of this person. Why should the forum follow a minority of 3% and make the others read fewer posts by a memeber who is liked by the 97% :buh:
Moreover that 3% who doesn't like that person don't see his/her posts. It's only effecting to other members and the killfiled one. :buh:
Insurrection!

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:22 pm

Cowards! Motherfucking cowards, whoever you are!!! What have she done wrong? Maybe you are jealous because she has much more time as a member, and has much more influence than you - yes, she has.

And BEG, I believe there is some justice here (wherever it comes from) and mods will not let you be banned. There are a lot of members which cause much more annoyance than you to people who just want to have some fun peacefully. They cannot be blind!!!

Finally, I only think that this forum survived for years without KillShits, and now this! I will never accept it! I believe that a more severe moderation from Liina would get us rid of this sickness called Killfile. That's what I have to say.

Messatsu

Post by Messatsu » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:27 pm

StratoHeart wrote:
Cowards! Motherfucking cowards, whoever you are!!! What have she done wrong? Maybe you are jealous because she has much more time as a member, and has much more influence than you - yes, she has.

And BEG, I believe there is some justice here (wherever it comes from) and mods will not let you be banned. There are a lot of members which cause much more annoyance than you to people who just want to have some fun peacefully. They cannot be blind!!!

Finally, I only think that this forum survived for years without KillShits, and now this! I will never accept it! I believe that a more severe moderation from Liina would get us rid of this sickness called Killfile. That's what I have to say.

I agree at 100%
Shun-Gokuh-Satsu.

sammet

Post by sammet » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:48 am

jealousy
this is only jealousyyy
jealousyyy
this is only jealousyyyyyyy

i'm singing it like Cherokee - europe

however
jealousy
this is only jealousyyy
jealousyyy
this is only jealousyyyyyyy

grow up guys..
we're just in a fucking forum
We don'y wanna be like you
we don't follow king of fools.

antonio

Post by antonio » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:04 am

sammet wrote:
grow up guys..
we're just in a fucking forum

Rock and Roll.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:23 am

You know whats weird?

I am at 36 K-filed, and my percentage is only 2.09% ???
Logically, I should have gotten banned hours ago! ???
WTF? :err:

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:27 am

StratoHeart wrote:

I agree with all you say, but you have more faith in the goodness of humanity than I do.
There are other factors involved. ;)

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:04 am

Shurik wrote:

I really doubt I will change it.. especially any time soon. I am basically up to my ass in alligators and what people think or don't think about some computed numbers from a database on a machine far far away is pretty far from what i feel is important in my life. :)

But OK, i checked.. in this case it was a pretty naive attack. In my book it takes a long time to register 25 separate accounts. And it goes rather more quickly to delete them.. :lol:

According to my back-of-not-even-an-envelope calculations, you'd have to register something like 100 more accounts before being able to throttle someone. I really have to respect the tenacity of this person, whoever he/she is. :)

Maybe I'll change the weighting equation at some point, to something like log(posts / 10). Now that's really annoying. Having to register 160 times and make 10 posts on each, before your kills get counted as a positivescore :lol:

And Shurik, note that BEG was never even close to be throttled.

And that the auto-imposed punishment is just throttling, not outright banning.

Now we have a moderator but this may not always be the case. Think about it. People do get tired of doing this. Some day this place might be like a djungle. It pays off to think ahead.

Please everyone, stop worrying about these stupid killfiles..... :) when the time comes that they will be useful, you will know what to do. Round up some old timers and throttle the bastard, just like what happened to Tjabo in the end.

So yes it's a bit of an experiment in self-government by mathematics. Sorry to make you all guinea pigs.. :)
Jens.

================================
"Koskenkorva is very good."
-Ronald Reagan

JensJohansson
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: The Obvious Campaign to declare me a Troll! ;)

Post by JensJohansson » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:07 am

scorp wrote:
Besides, even if there's "must" be an automatical ban it should be for statistics over 50%. Cause if it's lower than that then it means that the majority Wants to read the posts of this person. Why should the forum follow a minority of 3% and make the others read fewer posts by a memeber who is liked by the 97% :buh:
Moreover that 3% who doesn't like that person don't see his/her posts. It's only effecting to other members and the killfiled one. :buh:
Nobody got throttled....

BTW it's 3.5% at the moment but that could change too.

Note that it's 3.5 out of the _POSSIBLE SCORE_, not out of all the users.

It's logarithmically weighted. So if a user has 1000 posts and kills you, your score increases by 3. If the user only has 10 posts, it increases by 1.

That may change too. It was just a simple way to to sketch a sort of fairer mechanism than just using the post count..
Jens.

-Ronald Reagan

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:08 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
You know whats weird?

I am at 36 K-filed, and my percentage is only 2.09% ???
Logically, I should have gotten banned hours ago! ???
WTF? :err:
i guess nobody read my nice pseudocode :)
Jens.

-Ronald Reagan

theflyingfinn

Post by theflyingfinn » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:14 am

No, she just doesn't understand it. :)
I won't diss you on the internet... Coz my mama taught me better than that!

Neorave

Post by Neorave » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:50 am

It's possible this KILLFILE is used only to get the assholes who were from the tolkki site. But that's just my opinion. In any case, your posts have been anything but crap. I think your posts are excellent!!! :D
Somehow I still have an account...yay...?

HymnToLife

Post by HymnToLife » Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:07 am

I am glad now it is alright with you BEG
:)
http://ahymntolife.cjb.net
I'm the one who holds the key
To all that I can be

Shurik

Re: Re: Re: The Obvious Campaign to declare me a Troll! ;)

Post by Shurik » Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:35 am

But ok, you're right, let's hope nobody on this Earth has too much free time and e-mail accounts to register 160 users here to killfile somebody ...:)
Last edited by Shurik on Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

antonio

Post by antonio » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:29 am

35......now 12. ???
fake/masked users are falling?
Rock and Roll.

Reaper

Post by Reaper » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:13 am

JensJohansson wrote:

Code: Select all

total_votes = sum(log(num_of_posts)) for all users

for all users {
	if (you_were_killed_by_that_user) {
		your_score += log(user's_postcount)
		if (user_was_throttled) {
			your_score -= log(throttle_interval_in_minutes) / 3
		}
	}
}
your_score /= total_votes

if (your_score > 3.5%) {
	you can only post every 24 hours
}
So it's clear... newbies can't hurt you much.
No postcount no power.

Interesting how one can be a musician and a programmer...
Like the Phoenix I rise...

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:45 pm

Throttled? =P :err: That sounds kinda dirty.... 8) :D
Last edited by browneyedgirl on Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MAJINDIEGO

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:31 pm

*Somebody alone on his/her own

*Somebody registers and starts picking the other up and down, chasing and hunting...
---/---
*Some people united, joking, and getting together for the fun, and the best of the forum

*Some jerk goes and throws shit to the sky, willing to take out as many as he can

Well...i can see who´s to be banned...can´t you?
By the grace of God Almighty,
And the pressures of the marketplace
The human race have civilized itself...
...it´s a miracle.

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:33 pm

That's exactly what I thought. Some members register here with other nick countless times, post 2 or 3 messages and put BEG in his Killfiles. It could be anyone, it's the better way to make she turn a troll quickly. I guess they were unmasked and the false newbies was banned. Anyway, if the percentage is based on the number of Killer's posts, than it woul take much more newbies to make BEG be, as Jens said, throttled. The stupids didn't even think about it.

I think that any member to put someone in his killfile must have more than 50 or 100 posts. So we could avoid this kind of trouble.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:00 pm

I was told by reliable source that the same person Killfiled me 25 times! :eek:
How? ??? Who knows, but that is where 25 of those extra numbers came in. :err:

antonio

Post by antonio » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:06 pm

all the users can register with diffferent emails and nick infinite times...

probalby this user have 25 brothers and sister who want to post in this forum :D
Rock and Roll.

scorp

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Obvious Campaign to declare me a Troll!

Post by scorp » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:39 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
Nobody got throttled....
Hopefully :D
JensJohansson wrote:B
TW it's 3.5% at the moment but that could change too.
That's not the main point but thanks for the info :)
JensJohansson wrote:
Note that it's 3.5 out of the _POSSIBLE SCORE_, not out of all the users.

It's logarithmically weighted. So if a user has 1000 posts and kills you, your score increases by 3. If the user only has 10 posts, it increases by 1.

That may change too. It was just a simple way to to sketch a sort of fairer mechanism than just using the post count..
It still doesn't seem fair to me. I don't see why should a person's opinion is more important than another one's just because of the number of the posts. I see that members with very low post count shouldn't effect at the forum as the older members. However it still doesn't seem fair...

But I think that banning just because of the killfile number is wrong so I disagree in general.

Anyway, this is just a forum as someone said... :D
Insurrection!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:30 am

antonio wrote:
all the users can register with diffferent emails and nick infinite times...

probalby this user have 25 brothers and sister who want to post in this forum :D
In other words, a person would have to have a very deep hatred(or fright)for a person to waste/use that much time it would take to register, then Killfile them, say, for instance--25 times! :eyes :eek: :err:

;)

Stratobanger

Post by Stratobanger » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:31 am

Just remember...a Booga Knight won't let a partner down...ever ;)
...And the booga will unite the nations and in the name of the justice, they'll fight against the evil one...

-The Booga Prophecies by Zheo Blackheart, master of all magics

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:38 am

Now a jealous person is trying to ruin those Pic topics I am working on.

Its not gonna stop until a few mean, select people try to run me outta here!

Diablos

Post by Diablos » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:34 am

ZZZZZzzz....uh...oh...huh!?.....Conspiracy....?......oh...nothing new then......zzzzZZZZZZZ
Rotting Christ - The Kings of Black Metal
Death - The Kings of Death Metal
Rammstein - The Kings of Industrial Metal