Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

New Forum Layout
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Other discussions in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cliff
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Administrator wrote:

Ok I will do this. I will put a poll concerning this issue now to the Poll Board.
This poll is a great idea.

Personally I do share Twilightsymphony's opinion.
There are so many categories that it's really difficult now to find which topic section is the good one.
Thus, there are all these page scrolling stuffs...
It's better that people don't have to scroll too much if they want, for exemple, to see who is online.
I think the best is "English part" / "finnish part" / "other languages" sections, with in each of these sections "Stratovarius / Offtopic / Musician discussion". Simple but powerful Wink

Gnosis_and_Life

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

cliff wrote:

I think the best is "English part" / "finnish part" / "other languages" sections, with in each of these sections "Stratovarius / Offtopic / Musician discussion". Simple but powerful Wink

I totally agree with it! I think it would be the best way to organize the categories! Very Happy

Twilightsymphony

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Shurik wrote:

Edit: I have a problem with signature, for some reason it is not shown and it is less than 150 letters ...

There is an option in the user preference to show the sig everytime, it may be turned off on default.

Shurik

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Yeah, I changed it, but looks like sig doesn't work in messages I made before the change ...
Well, screw it, you'll have plenty of opportunities in the future to read my sig Laughing Laughing

StratoHeart
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

My number of messages also went down. I had 1090 or something before this change.
WTF?

MAJINDIEGO
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Shurik wrote:
Few questions/suggestions:

3) The aforementioned forum (In Other Languages) says that it is not moderated, but administrator and Liina are listed as mods Smile Since the majority of that forum posters speaks either Spanish or Portuguese, wouldn't it be nicer to appoint one Spanish and one Portuguese speaking persons as mods there?

Agreed. And by the way, i decided to announce my name as the Portuguese candidate! All we need now is a Spanish one!
Very Happy

Reaper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Also I've noticed that my recent posts, the ones I made right before the change, disappeared... Got lost in the trasition process I think... Confused

Shurik

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

One more suggestion - put the Rules part in the top, it's the natural place for such a things ... Smile

StragOvariuS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

[quote="MAJINDIEGO"]
Shurik wrote:
Few questions/suggestions:

Agreed. And by the way, i decided to announce my name as the Portuguese candidate! Very Happy

Please no....i vote for Cristiane Razz
Kidding hehehe... Exclamation

Jaakko

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Shurik wrote:
One more suggestion - put the Rules part in the top, it's the natural place for such a things ... Smile

Nobody reads them anyway Wink

But when having a second thought, could it actually be possible to have all the sections but on the index page having only english, finnish, other languages and the rules as main categories and under them the subcategories for each language? Would make the index page to fit on to the screen at once with most normal resolutions.

Cristiane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

StragOvariuS wrote:

Please no....i vote for Cristiane Razz
Kidding hehehe... Exclamation

Nooo! not me... I don't think the portuguese forum needs a moderator cause there're a feel people in there. As we all know each other I don't think we'll start flame battles in there out of nothing...

Taim

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

other schemes are better, but still I miss the old one. The problem is they are not very clear, too messy. The poll's a great idea. For me, strato, off-topic and musician discussions is enough.

NordicStorm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Would it by any chance be possible to reinstate the "at least 50 posts before posting a topic" rule?

Shurik

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

NordicStorm wrote:
Would it by any chance be possible to reinstate the "at least 50 posts before posting a topic" rule?

Everything is possible in this forum ... Smile

Cristiane

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

NordicStorm wrote:

Agreed... I myself have nothing against newbies, on the contrary, but one thing that I think it's irritating is when they arrive here and create topics that have already been posted before.

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I like that we can choose color scheme....i picked Dark Sky--identical to old one!Smile

Shurik

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I chose "subSilver", it's the layout I use on all phpBB forums I visit ... It just looks more familiar this way Smile

Lava

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

StratoHeart wrote:
My number of messages also went down. I had 1090 or something before this change.
WTF?
I have excactly the same problem... But my lost posts are a bit more than 200!!! Sad

Twilightsymphony

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

i´ve lost something like 40... well, can live with that Confused

iron_thunder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Blah! I didn't mind it when it was light blue for a day or two-- it didn't "match" the rest of the site, but it was easy to read... This thing is TOO dark. It's a strain on your eyes! Mad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Moony

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

iron_thunder wrote:
I didn't mind it when it was light blue for a day or two-- it didn't "match" the rest of the site, but it was easy to read... This thing is TOO dark. It's a strain on your eyes! Mad
You can change the forum style in your profile.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Other discussions in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum