Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

@Admin : NewForum Bug Report

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Other discussions in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cliff
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: @Admin : NewForum Bug Report Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I know that there is already a topic "New Forum Layout" with some user complains, but I thought it was a good idea to create this topic, in order to contribute to the work here and help the Admins, so we can have the best forum possible.

the "bugs" that I noticed :

- the keyword search fonction just doesn't work : i don't know if this is intentionally from WebmasterStratovarius or if this is a bug dued to the migration TForum->PhpBB, but I have tried to make search with keywords (like "the", "metal", "a" "cliff"...) but the search always returs 0 result. However, the search from a username keyword works.
EDIT : Ok, I have found the explain. The keyword search function doesn't work for the posts which were made with the old TForum forum. Mikä Vahinko Sad

- the forum is really slow : okay, I know that this forum works with MySql and PHP (which are not the quickest systems ever). I know that there are millions of requests every second to the website and to the forum, and the whole thing is hosted by paskalainen Jippii, but it seems to me that the speed can be improved in PhpBB. I dunno about this version of the forum, but I know that for with some older version, there was a patch which increased by +100% the speed of the forum (I tested it).

- give our avatar back !!! I know that avatars can sometimes lead to a huge the pageloading time and that avatars can be difficultly resized, but in my opinion an avatar is really important. You can identify user and their posts more easily.

- personalized themes. It would be great to have some "Fire", "Water"(...) themes like for the homepage. Not difficult thing to do, if I remember right...

Elsewhile the nice forum is good.
It was a good idea to give up tForum, for security reasons.
I think it would need lot of time before we all get used of this new forum... and its weird lay-out Smile

If you found some other bugs, just report them here Cool

cliff
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: @Admin : NewForum Bug Report Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

And BTW... the old PMs are lost Crying or Very sad

Cristiane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: @Admin : NewForum Bug Report Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

cliff wrote:

I have noticed that too... now I don't know if I got answers to the ones I have sent...

Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Keywords search probably got messed up during the sql-dump from TForum to phpbb.

About the patch. This is the latest version of phpbb and I didn't find any suitable patches but I will check again. Also I could try to index the database. That usually helps with the speed.

If you people would read the forum news you would know that we are already considering the customized themes to this forum. And yes, it is not difficult to do but this forum was changed from TForum to phpbb-forum very quickly and for a reason. And that reason was security. I am afraid that you just have to live with these themes for a while.

Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: @Admin : NewForum Bug Report Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

cliff wrote:

Gone while converting. If I remember correctly I said in the Forum News that messages and users were brought. Didn't say anything about PM's. I still have the old database so I can check them if they could be converted.

Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ok I did found some patches that might suite this phpbb-forum. I will check them out later on today.

cliff
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Administrator wrote:
t this forum was changed from TForum to phpbb-forum very quickly and for a reason. And that reason was security. I am afraid that you just have to live with these themes for a while.
Yep, i know about these tForum security problems and the choice to upgrade to PhpBB was the best.

Hopefully the new version of PhpBB is reliable. The version that I used one year ago was full of security holes.

And do not worry for all the bug fixes... it's not a rush Cool

cliff
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Administrator wrote:
Ok I did found some patches that might suite this phpbb-forum. I will check them out later on today.
Perhaps it is the same patch that I used. Not "official" one. Of course things still depends on Jippii servers and network and the number of requests on the forum.
But if this is the same patch that I used, you can believe me, it is a real revolution ! Wink

Twilightsymphony

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I dont know if there are more topics were that happened, but on the "New Bands" topic.. by me... is the first post missing. Thats sad because it was a pretty cool one Crying or Very sad Wink

Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Twilightsymphony wrote:
I dont know if there are more topics were that happened, but on the "New Bands" topic.. by me... is the first post missing. Thats sad because it was a pretty cool one Crying or Very sad Wink

Was there a link in the first post? If yes, then I suggest that you read the Forum News. This is explained there also.

Link to the News:
http://www.stratovarius.com/forum/ viewtopic.php?t=5473

Twilightsymphony

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Oh i forgot about that Embarassed

Thanks anyway...

Painless_Cry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I lost my signature!!! grrr... I look a newbie

Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Painless_Cry wrote:
I lost my signature!!! grrr... I look a newbie

Do a new one. I think everyone knows you are not a newbie Wink

Painless_Cry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

i'll do that Sad

yes if you look to my ammount of posts I don't like one Wink

Moony

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Not really a bug report, but I was wondering if the 50 post limit before being able to open new threads could be applied again?

StratoPummi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Moony wrote:
Not really a bug report, but I was wondering if the 50 post limit before being able to open new threads could be applied again?

Posting limit is gone..? Shocked 1blushudder

Twilightsymphony

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Yes, we definately need the posting limit again.. i always considered it useful Confused

NordicStorm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Yeah, I mentioned it in another thread. So...agreed on the posting limit Wink

Twilightsymphony

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Next try: I dont know if it was mentioned before, at least i looked in the forum news this time and didnt see it Wink

I have seen two older messages of me were everything was gone except the new edited parts which is not that useful i think..

Its not that bad, as most topics arent related to earlier content anyway. just in case somebody is wondering Very Happy

God Called In Sick T

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Moony wrote:

I need it more than the air I breathe. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

NP: Converge - You Fail Me

Cristiane

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I'll insist on the post limit again... I can't stand to see all that useless topics, please Admin... I don’t want to be boring, but that’s irritating!

Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I'll see what I can do Wink

Cristiane

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Administrator wrote:
I'll see what I can do Wink

Thanks a lot!! Jfkiss1

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Other discussions in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum