Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

DVD Live in Milan on Elements pt I Tour

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lapin Kulta

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: DVD Live in Milan on Elements pt I Tour Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Hy all, Strato-boyz!

I was on the Live in Milan, an italian date on the Elements pt I Tour. The two Timos Wink said they were recording a live dvd during that performance and infact there were a lot of cameras going around the stage. Rumors said that that dvd should had be released in the second half of september. Does anyone know something new?

Sorry for my poor english!

bye,

Beast_Pete

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

There have been tons of topics about this DVD. No matter how many topics we will post, it won't be out in the near future I bet. We will have it for Chritstmas, if we are lucky... but let's wait patiently.

stratowerner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I think the record company won,t release it before they know more about the Future plans of Stratovarius,it,s hard to promote if you don,t know if the band is still alive!

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Jens has posted at least a dozen times there are some legal problems concerning the DVDs release.
It will be out, when its out! Very Happy
Looking forward to it! Smile

Stratosfear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:03 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I have read somewhere, that release date is spring 2005. Original source was Nuclear Blast.

iron_thunder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:20 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I don't want to complain, but... Man, I think I'll be retired by the time this fabled DVD comes out!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Beast_Pete

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

iron_thunder wrote:
I don't want to complain, but... Man, I think I'll be retired by the time this fabled DVD comes out!

Laughing

And how right you are. Wink (I don't know, if this expression exists in English too, but I used it Smile )

Lugarid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

well...at first let`s hope it WILL come out, with the band breaking up & stuff..

Mormegil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

What was the setlist on that gig? Razz

Beast_Pete

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

As I know:

Introduction
Eagleheart
Find Your Own Voice
Kiss of Judas
Speed of Light
Soul of a Vagabond
Destiny/Fantasia
Father Time
Old Medley
Forever
Stratofortress
Elements
Will the Sun Rise

Season of Change
Paradise
Hunting High & Low

Black Diamond

(in the background, while the band was saying good-bye: A Drop in the Ocean)

Mormegil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Thanks. Season Of Change? Kickass! Smile

Beast_Pete

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Mormegil wrote:
Thanks. Season Of Change? Kickass! Smile

Yep yep. And I have it in mp3. Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Ban_dance01 Music

Electric Eye

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Beast_Pete wrote:

don't confess that - it's illegal Smile

Beast_Pete

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Electric Eye wrote:
Beast_Pete wrote:

don't confess that - it's illegal Smile

I know. But it's so cool, that I couldn't stand not downloading it. Black Diamond is just awesome. I haven't heard it to be like that before. (okay, on the elements show I have Razz ).

I don't know, if the stratoguys have heard this concertrecording or not, but it's really cool. The crowd is loud, and the band can be heard about 95% proper, which is not bad, I can say. Wink It think, that they should download it, and have a try.

Beast_Pete

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

BTW, is there anyone here, who has ALL the less and bigger strato CDs DVDsm specialities etc?

shaz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Beast_Pete wrote:
As I know:

Introduction
Eagleheart
Find Your Own Voice
Kiss of Judas
Speed of Light
Soul of a Vagabond
Destiny/Fantasia
Father Time
Old Medley
Forever
Stratofortress
Elements
Will the Sun Rise

Season of Change
Paradise
Hunting High & Low

Black Diamond

(in the background, while the band was saying good-bye: A Drop in the Ocean)

OOOH.... _that_ is one heck of a setlist. I'm gonna go and steal the DVD from the record company or something if they won't release it in any other way. Very Happy

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Stratosfear wrote:
I have read somewhere, that release date is spring 2005. Original source was Nuclear Blast.

Oh, Jesus, I hope so! This is going to be one great DVD, and waiting is killing me! Very Happy But, I know it will be worth waiting for,&waiting this long a person will appreciate it more! I bet this DVD will sell out like hotcakes, among fans&non-fans alike. And, this recording may cultivate more fans, whether the group stays together or not!
If NB is holding the release back purposely, all I have to say is that it is brilliant psychology, because it wil ake the fans crave it all the more! Very Happy

Lugarid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

all that I would not want that DVD to be is a good-bye record for Strato, and from the looks of things, it just might be...
(ok, I`m pessimistic, but what can I do ?!)

iron_thunder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Beast_Pete wrote:
BTW, is there anyone here, who has ALL the less and bigger strato CDs DVDsm specialities etc?

What exactly did you mean by that? Maybe i'm delirious but I didn't quite understand Embarassed Did you mean bootlegs? (even though we're not supposed to talk about it, heh)

@ Mormegil: Nice avatar... Good to see some Manowar representation around here, hehe

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mormegil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

iron_thunder wrote:

@ Mormegil: Nice avatar... Good to see some Manowar representation around here, hehe

Thanks. Good to see someone likes(?) Manowar here too. Wink

Beast_Pete

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I meant to say: every strato CDs and DVDs in original. But we can have a question about every bootleg as well, so every illegal things as well.

Blurkan
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

i will like see a trailer of dvd Rolling Eyes

Beast_Pete

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Blurkan wrote:
i will like see a trailer of dvd Rolling Eyes

A trailer! Very good idea.

Lapin Kulta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

People...

NOW THEY ARE TOGETHER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

So probably the production of this dvd will be speeded up Laughing Surprised Very Happy
Or so I hope Ylsuper Rolling Eyes
What do you think about that?

ForceMajeure1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I don't think it will help any because the legal problems are most likely between Nuclear Blast and the band or between Nuclear Blast and Sanctuary.

But yeah it'd be nice to see a decent Strato live dvd at last.

Lapin Kulta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Sure?
Well, let's wait...
But what kind of problems are there?

ForceMajeure1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Yeah, I meant that the inner workings of the band are most likely of no consequence here... and that I personally don't think it's likely the release time of the DVD is in any way dependent on whether or not Kotipelto and Michael are in stratovarius or not.

But still - the sooner, the better Twisted Evil

Dave
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Well here in Germany we have a metal magazine called Metal Hammer, and in the release list it says that Stratovarius is going to release a live CD/DVD in March.. So I think this could be the famous Milan DVD..

The Enigma

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Beast_Pete wrote:
(1321+12)

TimoTolkki wrote:
Jää nähtäväksi mitä DVDlle tapahtuu.
Ikävä kyllä jouduimme viemään asian oikeuteen asti, mikä oli todella
ikävä asia. Ei oltaisi haluttu mennä niin pitkälle, mutta oli pakko, koska Nuclear Blast on sijoittanut ison summan rahaa kyseiseen projektiin ja kun sitä ei koskaan tehty valmiiksi, niin tietysti he lisäävät painetta meihin päin. Ihan hyvässä hengessä ollaan kyllä asioista pystytty puhumaan. Katsotaan mitä käy, mutta koko DVDtä ei siis ole edes leikattu valmiiksi, joten sen ilmestymispäivä ei ainakaan ihan lähitulevaisuudessa ole. Jos koskaan.

Please someone translate this post of Tolkki to the Enlgish Discussions. Thanks!

You asked this on the Finnish side Pete, now here you go:

TimoTolkki wrote:
We are yet to see, what will happen with the DVD.
Unfortunately we were obliged to take this matter into the court, which was a pity really. We didn't want to go that far, but we were forced to, since Nuclear Blast has invested a large amout of money in this project which then never got finished, and they understandably advanced by increasing pressure on us. We have been able to talk about things in good spirit though. We shall see what happens, but the DVD hasn't even been cut ready, meanig it won't have a release date in the very near future. If ever.

Beast_Pete

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

(1329+12)

Thank You Enigma!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum