Helloween Clip By Me (The Chance)

Here musicians can talk to each other about making music etc. Of course if you are not a musician you are still welcomed to this board, but the topics should somehow be about making music.
DougieHammett
Helloween Clip By Me (The Chance)

Post by DougieHammett » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:48 am

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Membe ... 022748.mp3

There you go have a listen people. Song is called The Chance.
To Find Our Paradise

Veripalttu

Re: Helloween Clip By Me (The Chance)

Post by Veripalttu » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:39 pm

Hey... Now I can work on my vocals without Kiske outsinging me every time.
Nice job, though you need to work on that solo a bit. You have the idea to make it sound good, but you got to let the beast out of it's cage.
I haven't killed him yet sir,
But when I do, I shall have the stomach and the liver too,
And the floppily doppilies in their horrid glue.

Jaakko

Post by Jaakko » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:21 pm

And tune the guitar! The high notes are way out of tune in the intro, either your intonation isn't adjusted correctly or you have too thin strings for your playing style and you bend accidentally with the higher strings.

The solo is pointless. I can't really find anything good about this. Sorry but I just can't. Bad sound, out of tune, off the scale, rhythmics really lost and so many horrible sustained notes without vibrato. Just playing a note simply isn't enough, every note in a solo must be characterized, to know it's you playing, both by the tone and the feel, basically the harmonics your playing style and eqipment combined produce and of course vibrato. I got one tip to make it sound much better though. Effects! Just add some spice to the soup and the potatoes will taste better.

For metalhead guitarists today, I guess something old has been forgotten in the mess of so many influences of lightning fast techniques and tonal possibilities of all the amps and modellers in the market. Checking out Jimi might be a good start for anyone. It can never hurt!

DougieHammett

Post by DougieHammett » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:15 am

HAHAHAHA, I learnt and recorded the song in half an hour. I know teh solo was average, i can play it way better now. I was in Eb for a few days so tuning back up to standard my guitar was going out of tune alot. I need sperzels. Anyway thanks for being nice. BTW its a bloody peavey rage!
To Find Our Paradise

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:31 pm

That out of tune -thing irritated me a little (well, pretty much actually) too. The original version is one of the best Helloween songs anyway. :wink:

DougieHammett

Post by DougieHammett » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:45 am

i agree, dont think i am some piece of shit at lead its what i mainly do i just did it quickly.
To Find Our Paradise

innerdream

Post by innerdream » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:00 pm

Do you have any other recordings? - the intro and solo could use some sharpening up but the rest of it is very good in my opinion - well done! :)
Metal Now Forevermore

DougieHammett

Post by DougieHammett » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:37 pm

got heaps. Thanks dude. Do you have msn?
To Find Our Paradise