My Demo - Call Of The Elder

Here musicians can talk to each other about making music etc. Of course if you are not a musician you are still welcomed to this board, but the topics should somehow be about making music.
innerdream
My Demo - Call Of The Elder

Post by innerdream » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:27 pm

Hi all

Could you take a listen to one of my songs Call Of The Elder - it's in the style of traditional / power metal - your comments are most welcome

Here's the link
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/innerdreammusic.htm

Thanks
Metal Now Forevermore

Jaakko

Re: My Demo - Call Of The Elder

Post by Jaakko » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:30 pm

Hey this is better. I like the voice. I think using metronome would be good, now it's a bit out of sync and the tempo seems to be altering.

You planning to get some drums and stuff here? Would be really cool to hear.

The tapping or whatever shred thingy sounds horrible, the solo should IMO build up towards such highlight and it's quite badly played too, but I guess it's easy to fix by just playing it a hundred times to get it comfortable. Hehe. Keep up the good work and find out how you can get the most out of the equipment you have.

innerdream

Post by innerdream » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:40 pm

Jaakko wrote:Hey this is better. I like the voice. I think using metronome would be good, now it's a bit out of sync and the tempo seems to be altering.

You planning to get some drums and stuff here? Would be really cool to hear.

The tapping or whatever shred thingy sounds horrible, the solo should IMO build up towards such highlight and it's quite badly played too, but I guess it's easy to fix by just playing it a hundred times to get it comfortable. Hehe. Keep up the good work and find out how you can get the most out of the equipment you have.
Thanks for the comments - although I don't agree with you regarding the solo (it's is one of the high points of the song for me) constructive critisism is very welcome and I value your opinion - i'll be trying to form a band very soon so the whole thing will sound much more complete

I'll be putting on more songs on the site soon, so please take a listen and let me know what you think
Metal Now Forevermore

Jaakko

Post by Jaakko » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:47 pm

Yes, the solo is the high point and that's why it should be perfect because it sticks out from the backround and catches attention. The notes are right but maybe they're not played in exactly right order :wink: Pretty close anyway, so as I said, I'd like to hear better produced full band version of this!

innerdream

Post by innerdream » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:14 pm

UPDATE - Call Of The Elder is now at no. 29 on the soundclick heavy metal chart having risen 15 places on the chart :)

Once again a huge thank-you to everyone who has listened :D :) :D

A new song will be on the site later on tonight
Metal Now Forevermore

DougieHammett

Post by DougieHammett » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:49 am

sounds cool dude!
To Find Our Paradise