Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Stratovarius (performed) in Finnish Idols
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cliff
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Stratovarius (performed) in Finnish Idols Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

You can see this only in Finland!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFucyW- Oxso

This guy Ari Koivunen has also sang different rock or metal songs, such as Whitesnake : Here I Go Again (http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=xsE94UXte5I) or Deep Purple : Perfect Strangers (http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=hDd7LmXmovk)

I was told that Timo Kotipelto himself made an apparence in the daily Idols show as a teacher and gave tips to that idol.

exe knight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Stratovarius (performed) in Finnish Idols Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

cliff wrote:

I was told that Timo Kotipelto himself made an apparence in the daily Idols show as a teacher and gave tips to that idol.

Yeah that's true, and I saw it!!

Stratoviking

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

fucking great!!!
and thanks for the link

// Stratoviking

IceBreaker

Location: Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ari also a had a "Rock the Metal" shirt, which has been TK´s slogan at least for some time. So I believe TK gave it to him when they met in front of TV cameras.

Patricia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Thanks for the link Cliff! Ari has a great voice!

exe knight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Patricia wrote:

Yeah, but IMO he shouldnt sing Strato anymore.

cliff
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

exe knight wrote:
Patricia wrote:

Yeah, but IMO he shouldnt sing Strato anymore.

well. the good thing with that, is that Hunting High And Low appeared in the TOP 10 of the Finnish iTunes Musicstore!

Few words about that singer. Of course it's really nice to see a heavy metal fan singing classical songs in Idols. But let's face it, I know many finns think the opposite, but that guy is not THAT good. he sounds and looks like a 14 year old (for ex, his version of "here I Go Again" sounded quite a lot like the Hanson"s Mmm Bop!). Plus, he doesn't sing, he screams. Another Idols singer (Kristian) was kicked out from the contest, even though he sings much better.

Beast_Pete

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I also think he did not sing Hunting High & Low too well. Dunno about the other songs he sang.

Mormegil

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I like Ari's voice a lot and I've voted him in all of the finals (shouldn't have said that out loud..? Very Happy ). He has quite unique voice for a metal-singer (at least that's what he calls himself).

nefertari

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ari sings very good Smile and Timo Kotipelto likes his singing Wink he told that in several interviews here in Finland .

Dave
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

But I still don't like his singing.

cliff
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

nefertari wrote:
Ari sings very good Smile and Timo Kotipelto likes his singing Wink he told that in several interviews here in Finland .

Of course, coz he is a partner for the Idols show. Do you think he could say during an interview "ah, I hate him. he sucks!" ? Cool

stratobabius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

cliff wrote:
nefertari wrote:

Of course, coz he is a partner for the Idols show. Do you think he could say during an interview "ah, I hate him. he sucks!" ? Cool

That's what eveyone said in the Idols throughtout the world for everyone more or less I think. Very Happy Laughing

IceBreaker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

cliff wrote:
Do you think he could say during an interview "ah, I hate him. he sucks!" ? Cool
Of course he could say so. But as he thinks ari sings much better than him, he just cannot. Laughing

exe knight

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

IceBreaker wrote:
cliff wrote:
Do you think he could say during an interview "ah, I hate him. he sucks!" ? Cool
Of course he could say so. But as he thinks ari sings much better than him, he just cannot. Laughing

Shocked W-T-F Timo must have drunk something...alot of something...

I mean, even I sing alot better than Ari (atleast strato songs).
And compared to Timo's, my voice sucks ass really badly.

IceBreaker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Well, you might not have known Timo keeps on disparaging his skills. Razz

a_Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Nice, we'll hear Still Loving You ballad in finals by Ari Very Happy Tomorrow!

can't wait to hear it heh.. he also sings Sonata's Fullmoon Very Happy

StratoTimo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

And winner to tomorrows Idols is coming from LAHTI... Chicago From Finland!
Like I do!!!

cliff
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Breaking news. Ari is the new Idols.

I am a bit sceptic about this. The guy is not bad at all, but definitely not that great! I have met few guys in some Karaoké bars who could sing much better than him.
It seems that this Idols thing is just a stupid contest, ruled by some 12 year old girls who know nothing about music, but send SMS simply because they have a crush on a singer (Antti Tuisku, anyone? Or that guy in American Idols 2007?).

Piiuska

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Yes, Ari won. He was the best in the contest, definitely. Smile
But this year the level of the singers was really low.. That's because not so many real Finnish musicians go to Idols, so we can't expect anything great! And Cliff, yes, the 12-year-old girls are known to be the ones who wote the most for Idols. And this contest is not about singing, it's about the person and the look. The people decide. The little girls decide. Don't take it too seriously. Smile
I don't like the idea so much that they call the winners real musicians who have done so much work for their "career". Sure.. They even get the songs made by professional musicians ready for the "idols" Smile It's nothing compared to what a musician has to work for his career without idols to get even that famous.

But why not on the other hand. There are good things in Idols also. The musicians who go there, it's a really good way to get a little more known. But the talented ones, they could really make music without Idols too. Smile

Rock on!!! Smile

P

cliff
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

cliff wrote:
I am a bit sceptic about this. The guy is not bad at all, but definitely not that great! I have met few guys in some Karaoké bars who could sing much better than him.
Well... only stupid people never change their mind : forget what I wrote above. Just watched some videos of Ari from the last finale... well, he deserved to win at 200%!
Wow, that version of Still Loving You... *shock*

And yes Piouska those musicians in Finnish Idols are amazing!

MetalAngel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Well, personnally, I don't like his voice so much...lol He remain me of some Spinal Tap singer sometimes. Laughing But he really has a strange voice...

Lapazeus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Guess what fellows...

According to Helsingin Sanomat, Timo Tolkki is going to compose songs for Ari's forthcoming album. Other famous composers include Tony Kakko and Marco Hietala.

Link (in Finnish)

exe knight

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Stratofanius wrote:
MetalAngel wrote:
Well, personnally, I don't like his voice so much...lol He remain me of some Spinal Tap singer sometimes. Laughing But he really has a strange voice...

Expect that Spinal Tap singer really is awesome, Ari is not.

ZPRGLPZHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I will for sure atleast test what his music sounds like, Tolkki, Kotipelto,Kakko and couple of other cool people helping him, It must become something really awesome!!

IceBreaker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Except getting Janne Wirman-Warman on keys. 1blushudder Puke

metalman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

^He is not that bad imo. Smile Technically he is good, only problem is that stuff he is playing is quite generic.

I am pretty skeptical about his Ari's album. I mean, he is a good singer but if he does not compose anything by himself... Rolling Eyes

exe knight

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

metalman wrote:
^He is not that bad imo. Smile Technically he is good, only problem is that stuff he is playing is quite generic.

I am pretty skeptical about his Ari's album. I mean, he is a good singer but if he does not compose anything by himself... Rolling Eyes

I think of it the other way.

He's really bad singer, but it's great that these great guys compose his songs.

IceBreaker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ari is a bad singer? Shocked

exe knight

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

IceBreaker wrote:
Ari is a bad singer? Shocked

IMO

(even though I'm worse in general)

cliff
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Stratofanius wrote:
Ari is not.

He is. For most of the 12-year-old Finnish girls!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum