Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Labyrinth - Return to Heaven Denied

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZenithMC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:18 am    Post subject: Labyrinth - Return to Heaven Denied Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

While we eagerly await the subsequent Stratovarius releases, check out Return to Heaven Denied by Labyrinth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=WHu8cyVHk6o

I discovered Labyrinth while perusing hells_unicorn's reviews. They remind me slightly of early Sonata Arctica. Of their discography, this album is probably my favorite. My personal favorite on this album is New Horizons. Absolutely amazing album with a powerful and serene atmosphere. Enjoy!

Empathica1928

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

This is a pretty well known band and album in the power metal world Smile After all it is 20 years old. I just saw them play it in full at ProgPower USA earlier this month. Good stuff.

ZenithMC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

The album is 20 years old and I only knew about it for one... guess I was late to the party. Laughing Anyways, it's really cool that you were able to see it performed live in its entirety.

Empathica1928

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Roberto's still got it live. He's incredible. He also sings a lot of the Disney films in Italian, which is really cool.

At the ProgPower acoustic set, Labyrinth also did some acoustic covers from RTHD, and a cover of Prince's Purple Rain which was gorgeous Smile

ZenithMC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Absolutely! Roberto is a phenomenal vocalist. I saw some clips of Labyrinth shows on Youtube and his showmanship and energy really blew me away, especially when he hit those high notes. He makes it look effortless.

I have most of their albums, including that Amazing Maze album they did in 2007. Labyrinth sounds great, even to this day. I find the solos in their most recent works to be more interesting/improved than in their earlier works. Considering how great the early solos were, that's quite a feat.

I had no idea that Roberto sang in the Italian Disney films. That's really interesting! Thanks for the info.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Stratovarius and related bands talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum