Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

HBO is going to adapt George Martin's Game Of Thrones
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Other discussions in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kmasters

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

browneyedgirl wrote:
On Jimmy Kimmel's late night show last week he showed a trailer which was about the upcoming third season. Man, it looked awesome! Lots of action, war, drama, and dragons! Shocked Dany has become really classy looking--I wonder if she is the beautiful queen which was prophesied.........No more spoilers, you have to read the books yourself! Wink

There you go

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/ v/RzI9v_B4sxw?version=3&amp;hl=es_ES"></ param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/ RzI9v_B4sxw?version=3&amp;hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></ object>

Mormegil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

0:20 Reek?

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I got a very wonderful surprise from my husband today--he went to Wal-Mart and bought the Second season of The Games of Thrones! It was the expensive combo Blu-ray&standard set. I was so thrilled! We watched 3 discs today, and the other 2 tomorrow! Man, that shadow baby scene blew me away, and the "King Herod" type baby killings, and the beheading of Mr. Cassell. Alot of blood&guts. Literally. Shocked And of course my hubby liked all the pretty girls, especially Dany.

Laughing Good 'ol Mel. Never a dull moment. Rolling Eyes Firebreathing biatch. Laughing Poor Stannis is going to regret tapping that beauty.

Mormegil

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

[SPOILERS?]

Oh boy, I sure wonder what's going to happen there.

[/SPOILERS?]

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I think most of us fans know what "The Rains of Castamere" means. Wink I wish Stratovarius could have been the band to play that!
And, we know about the bear, too. Wink

Barristan Selmy supposed to show up on Dany's doorstep, I wonder if the same guy is going to play him? He was a cool old dude.

Mormegil

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

browneyedgirl wrote:
I think most of us fans know what "The Rains of Castamere" means.

I've read people claiming they're going to be filming the reactions of their friends or family, who watch the show but haven't read the books, when that scene comes on. I'm hoping this catches on and we'll get to see some youtube combilations of people reacting to that scene. Very Happy

Spoilers again?

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Now I have seen everything---Game of Thrones Pizzas! Laughing

Mormegil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ R4XSeW4B5Rg?version=3&amp;hl=fi_FI"></ param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ R4XSeW4B5Rg?version=3&amp;hl=fi_FI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></ object>

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Mormegil wrote:

I thought that was Jaime, after his hand was sliced off in that fight? Confused

Mormegil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

browneyedgirl wrote:
Mormegil wrote:

Huh, you mean this guy?

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Mormegil wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
Mormegil wrote:

Huh, you mean this guy?

Oh, Sorry. I didn't see that part, it ran by me so fast. Embarassed Actually, I don't know who that could be, I don't think Theon is that muscular, and since Jaime lost his hand I don't think that is him. Maybe it's Edmure Tully, who the Freys imprisoned after the Red Wedding? But, I think they did cast Reek, so maybe that might be who it is after all. I guess we will all find out soon! Bigok
BTW, a critic has said Season 3 has really improved even from last season, so this one is well worth looking forward to!

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

This is such a sweet pic! "Tyrion" Peter Dinklage pushing his little girl in a stroller. She is so cute!

On a sadder note, Wilko Johnson, who plays executioner Ser Illyn Payne, has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He is refusing treatment.
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity- news/news/wilko-johnson-games-of- thrones-star-has-terminal-pancreatic- cancer-2013101

Mormegil

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Opinions on the first episode of season 3? I thought it was decent, a bit (understandably) slow-paced start to get the story moving again, but ok nevertheless.

I would call this one of the greatest scenes in the short history of the series:

When talking about casting and performances in GoT, no one ever seems to remember Charles Dance, who I think is outstanding as Tywin.

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Mormegil wrote:
Opinions on the first episode of season 3? I thought it was decent, a bit (understandably) slow-paced start to get the story moving again, but ok nevertheless.

I would call this one of the greatest scenes in the short history of the series:

When talking about casting and performances in GoT, no one ever seems to remember Charles Dance, who I think is outstanding as Tywin.

He knows how to skin, and dress a deer, seriously. Is he from Alabama or Tennessee by any chance? He knows how to do that very well. Must be a hunter in real life.

Arnold Layne
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

browneyedgirl wrote:

He knows how to skin, and dress a deer

Why would one dress a deer? I have never herd of that before. LOL!

Greetings from Jamba Juice,
Arnold Layne

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Arnold Layne wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:

He knows how to skin, and dress a deer

Why would one dress a deer? I have never herd of that before. LOL!

Greetings from Jamba Juice,
Arnold Layne

Well, Tywin is a pervert, so there you go! Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Joff is into S&M, with emphasize on the S. Pervert.

Mormegil

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

So, the US has a holiday next weekend, so they'll skip one weekend, but it's now only two weeks to go for that episode.

[SPOILER]

[/SPOILER]

1blushudder

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

They better do this one right. People have been anticipating this episode for years! popcorn.

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Joe Mantegna as Prince Doran Martell?

Just a little dreamcasting. He's Italian so I thought he'd fall into the Dornish category. Plus, he's a good actor. Bigok

AAAAAAAAAA

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

George Lopez will be on game of thrones?

Yeah, they all look the same to me. Gorgonzola, Adrian, Susie... Rolling Eyes

NeverendingAbyss

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:

What about me?!

Jump1

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Who said anything about George Lopez? Confused

In the story, the people of Dorne are something like Italian, Middle Eastern, or Spanish. I don't know where the writers, or directors are going with whatever race they choose, but it will be a lot of different races. There has already been quite a few Blacks in the story, which is how it was in the books, so next season I guess we will find out where they are going with the Dornish peoples.

And, yes, I think Joe Mantegna would be a good actor to be in the Game of Thrones.

Mormegil

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Anyhoo, personally I'm really excited to see who they'll cast as Oberyn "Red Viper" Martell.
My favourite (and favourite of many others it seems) is Oded Fehr

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004912

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Oh, the Middle Eastern slant for the Dornish? Well, in THAT case I vote for the guy who played Saladin in Kingdom of Heaven to play Doran. I mean, we can't have some Dornish people being Spanish, some Mexican, some Italian, some Indian, and so on...........I think there might be enough actors in each race to make more of the Dornish the same race, or most of them anyway.

Seriously, there should be some casting announcements in a couple months for some of the Dornish, including the Red Viper.

种种种种种

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:

What about me?!

Jump1

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes With that avatar? Confused Confused You can't blame anyone else! Embarassed Rolling Eyes

Lurdi
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

BEG, believe me, I've been trying so hard to bite my tongue for a really long time since the very beginning you liberally started writing spoilers over and over again but I simply can't help it anymore. It is really nasty and disgusting the way you are writing those spoilers, does it make you feel more important? Why don't you try to hide all those possible theories and information that hasn't been shown in the tv series yet? I guess you are trying to be the centre of attention once again, so sad...
And I have read all the books so far, but I pity all those naive people who come here and thanks to you don't really need to read the books or wait for other seasons.

Lurdi
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Regarding this third season, I feel a bit deceived about it. I expected it to be more interesting and frenetic since A Storm of Swords is absolutely amazing and it is possibly the best book of A Song of Ice and Fire.
They have changed many things from the books, I am not 100% happy with the adaptation they have made, even changing names when it was not absolutely necessary.
Are you that stupid for not to mistake Asha for Osha?
Why did they change Jane for Talisha? Confused

browneyedgirl

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Well, pardon me for living! Laughing Laughing Laughing Zxflipoff Laughing

Actually, people need to read the books to get the whole story. Contrary to my "enemies"opinion I have not touched the tiny tip of the iceberg when it comes to the story of ice and fire. Smile

Do I need to put on my asbestos suit? Laughing

Nasty and disgusting. Laughing Over a fictional(but, wonderful)TV show, and books. Really. Rolling Eyes
I am NOT the only person posting so-called "spoilers" so STOP singling me out!And, STOP taking stuff so damn serious! Laughing

Lurdi
USER_AVATAR_REMOTE

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Yes, nasty and disgusting because there might be people who have not read all those books that have been published up to now and they'd like to discover what's going to happen next by themselves.
It's impossible for you or anyone else to get the whole story because 2 more books have to be published yet and things can change drastically, so don't take everything for granted.
I'd rather take things too seriously like you say than act like an attention whore. Rvd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Other discussions in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum