Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Stratovarius Cover recording - for all musicians who can rec
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Musician talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cl4udiolari

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Well, i'll start with a cover, then maybe we can arrange an original one ok?

What i want to know it is your vote.

now we are on top with Black Diamond and if this will not change till tomorrow i think i will go for this one =)

LIST of partecipants:

DRUMS
Logic Studio and some samples i'll use Tongue
dupinguez ( Programming )
cl4udiolari ( programming )

BASS
Neonvomit
Nightscreamer

GUITAR
Warrencurrymetal

KEYBOARD
Rikkertje
Dopinguez
cl4udiolari

VOCAL
Hiro23
Dopinguez
warrencurrymetal

MIXING & MASTERING (at Finnvox Studios Tongue )
cl4udio

hiro23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Sounds good to me, looks like we have an avantasia type setup here with multiple people helping out.

NeonVomit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Cool. Black diamond would work as a test bed I guess, then we could branch out to other songs!

dupinguez

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

That's sounds good for me.

In terms of drum programming, if we go for a cover with no rearrangments, you can just take the MIDI drums from a guitar pro file or whatever and then work with it. No needs for programming it again. But that's not true if we want to change the song a little bit.

The next thing we'll have to do is to decide the order to record the tracks. I would go for

-Drums
-Guitars
-Bass
-Keyboards
-Voice

What's your opinion on it?

Quote:
Dopinguez

Is that a doped version of me??? Laughing

cl4udiolari

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

dupinguez wrote:

The next thing we'll have to do is to decide the order to record the tracks. I would go for

-Drums
-Guitars
-Bass
-Keyboards
-Voice

What's your opinion on it?

Well in my opinion i'll work like this:

DRUMS
BASS
GUITAR
KEYBOARD
VOCAL
SOLOS

cl4udiolari

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

ok, well go for Black Diamond

I will start to make drums! and update you in a while =)

rikkertje

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ok! I will do keyboards! When I'm finished I'll let you know!

warrencurrymetal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Do we already have drums? I have them mapped out if anyone wants just a drum track. (Not real drums, but they sound good if anyone is interested.) I also have the keyboards programmed, but real keyboards would be better.

I also have some of the guitars recorded for part of it. Let me know if you would like to hear, and give me an adress to send the link. BTW, this is exciting! for order of recording, If we start from scratch, should start with drums. Then we can do bass, guitars, keys, backing vocals, then lead vocals. THen we mix it.

Warren

www.myspace.com/warrencurrymetal

warrencurrymetal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

BTW, my email is warrencurrymetal@gmail.com You can contact me there, and I can send mp3.

Malteada

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

hey, i would like to participate in this!.. as guitar player =)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cl4udiolari

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

ok guys!!! =) im happy there is so manyone interested to join!!

In order to let the things go well i need to be tidy Tongue and so i suggest to build a work flow ok?

1) We will work on instruments. Once 1 is complted then we will pass to the other one.

For first we'll start with DRUMS, so anyone who has drums just pm me and i'll get the file and check if it is ok. if not i'll do it!

Then bass...then guitar....then.....

2) i will accept .wav, .aiff, .mp3 with more 128.

3) once each part, played and by different musician in here, is recorded i will post in this thread the mixed versione, and we will choose the best. easy and loyal..isn't it?! =)

let's woooork!!!

dupinguez

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Just a question : in which tone do we record the song? The original one is on D flat, but since TK's voice is quite high, maybe we should lower it a little bit, so that everyone can sing on it. Maybe C or B? Or we can also keep it on the original tone and try our best and break our vocal chords...

Razz Laughing

rikkertje

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I think we can do it in the original tone (D flat) because the vocal lines aren't EXTREMELY high. Only in the end where TK sings: 'I won't forgeee--eee--eet!!!'

warrencurrymetal

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I can sing any Kotipelto line, so don't worry about it. Keep it regular tuning.

Ragehead91

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

warrencurrymetal wrote:
I can sing any Kotipelto line, so don't worry about it. Keep it regular tuning.

You can, but can Hiro23 and Dopinguez too?

warrencurrymetal

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

So how exactly are we doing the vocals?

fernandotcl

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

The vocals go like this:

TK: E Gb Ab A

Backing choir: Ab A B Db

I - won't - for - geeet

This gives an impression that TK sings the chorus at a much higher pitch.

Btw, Black Diamond without this "backing choir" (is there a better name for this?) would sound kind of incomplete, wouldn't it?

Beerchug Beerchug Beerchug

warrencurrymetal

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

it definitely needs the backing choir. I can't wait to hear the instrumentation! Smile

NightScreamer

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:10 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Pick or no pick? And I'm just using a tab I found on ultimate-guitar if thats ok?

NightScreamer

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

sweet jesus thats extremely easy

hiro23

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I don't have a high voice, I'm more of a Scott stapp or Eddie Vedder type of voice, I'd have to sing it low

icecab21

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

They could sing same key different octive.

cl4udiolari

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Currently making drums friends Tongue

We'll of course add the backing which are extremely important...is like, ok i'll do guitars but i don't play all the A chords Tongue

keep waiting!!!! i work hard!!

Cl

dupinguez

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

For the vocals, C or B would be better for me but if it's D flat, I can still do some parts, such as first verse.

In the second verse, there is a quite high

"escape from this temptation".

Chorus is a little bit high on just the higher note... too bad I don't have this extra one.
Singing on a lower octave would not be a good idea, since it would be by far less powerful. Razz

rikkertje

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

hiro23 wrote:
I don't have a high voice, I'm more of a Scott stapp or Eddie Vedder type of voice, I'd have to sing it low

Maybe we could do 'Keep The Flame' after we've finished 'Black Diamond'. The first part of that song isn't high at all. Smile

fernandotcl

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

By the way, the scores for all songs in Visions was released in Japan. You can find it on the internet (I downloaded it from Rapidshare if I recall correctly). Or you could try to buy it (not sure they still sell the song book).

NightScreamer

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

NightScreamer wrote:
Pick or no pick? And I'm just using a tab I found on ultimate-guitar if thats ok?

fernandotcl: Is there a bass tab in it? because I'm not sure if this one is right...

DayDreamer

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

If you guys need some additional guitar stuff,just contact me! I would love to participate!

fernandotcl

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

NightScreamer wrote:
NightScreamer wrote:

fernandotcl: Is there a bass tab in it? because I'm not sure if this one is right...

There are bass lines, but it's traditional music notation, no tabs.

NightScreamer

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Oh, I can't read those...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Musician talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum