Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Stratovarius Cover recording - for all musicians who can rec
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Musician talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plisken

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

this sounds awesome =) what ever song you guys decided to do ill do the keyboard solo parts. My lead isnt Jens' lead but i think its pretty close!

fernandotcl

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Plisken wrote:
this sounds awesome =) what ever song you guys decided to do ill do the keyboard solo parts. My lead isnt Jens' lead but i think its pretty close!

I can confirm that. Very Happy

Beerchug Beerchug Beerchug

Plisken

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

fernandotcl wrote:
Plisken wrote:

Thanks =)

Actually I have tweaked it a bit since then. Now that I listen to that sample it sounds pretty different to what I have now lol. Funny how little tweaks add up and change the whole picture.

Here are 2 recent samples I made.

The first one is a part I record from Find your Own Voice. I wanted to hear how the lead sounded with an entire band so drums, guitar, bass is there, even the vocals. Every instrument was played with my synth sooooo yaaa dont expect them to sound very much like the real thing lol.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/9/20/ 1446730/Find%20Your%20Own%20Voice.mp3

The 2nd one is the most recent one has a few tweaks since the Find your own Voice sample. This one I just wanted the have the lead by itself and strings in the background. Its improvised so I hope you all excuse my shitty improvising skills >.< I tried to get the whole range of keyboard and i did!

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/9/20/ 1446730/lead%20improv.mp3

would love to hear what you guys think! especially compared to the old one i had that fernandotcl linked.

rikkertje

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

But can you play the solo'sConfused You're talking about your 'shitty improvisation skills'. And most of Jens' solo's are improvised... Wouldn't it be better to let someone do that who CAN improvise?? Rolling Eyes

fernandotcl

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

rikkertje wrote:
But can you play the solo'sConfused You're talking about your 'shitty improvisation skills'. And most of Jens' solo's are improvised... Wouldn't it be better to let someone do that who CAN improvise?? Rolling Eyes

He could play the solos note by note. Wink

Plisken, I actually liked the other lead better, the new one sounds too clean. Maybe it's just suggestion cause the older sample is the intro for Eagleheart, and also the quality of the recording seems to be different as well. If you want us to do a more throughout analisys, please record the same piece with both leads and in the same recording conditions. But based on those samples, for now I say I like the older one better. Very Happy

rikkertje

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Yes but I think it would be better to improvise then tot copy Jens' solo's... Rolling Eyes

Plisken

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

rikkertje wrote:

Its just my opinion. People tell me im great at improvising some say im not. Im not sure how one can rate his own skill like that... I certainly cant. So I go ok! ill improvise and let others decided for themselves.

I could play the solo's note for note but even Jens doesn't do that. I never heard the solo's he plays in the album when playing live. Its always an improvised variation of it. Now that isnt a problem at all for me. This is also what I do with my band. But going from scratch from nothing, no drum beat, no prior rhythm and to make a solo I feel is good? well sometimes it can turn out good but also sometimes not as good. In the 2nd sample I played a little rhythm before going to just improvising so It doesn't sound too bad(at least for me.)

Or maybe to improvise one MUST have a prior rhythm? or some sort of rhythm going on. hmmm

fernandotcl wrote:
rikkertje wrote:

He could play the solos note by note. Wink

Plisken, I actually liked the other lead better, the new one sounds too clean. Maybe it's just suggestion cause the older sample is the intro for Eagleheart, and also the quality of the recording seems to be different as well. If you want us to do a more throughout analisys, please record the same piece with both leads and in the same recording conditions. But based on those samples, for now I say I like the older one better. Very Happy

really!? The only difference between the old lead and the one you hear now(other then the tweaks) is I used a Boss SD-1 on that one. This one I use a Morley JD-10. Im going to have to get my SD-1 back from my friend lol. When you say too clean you mean not enough gain? distortion? Maybe It was the recording on the old one. I didnt use my audio interface on that one. But these 2 I did.

NeonVomit

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

cl4udiolari wrote:
dupinguez wrote:

The next thing we'll have to do is to decide the order to record the tracks. I would go for

-Drums
-Guitars
-Bass
-Keyboards
-Voice

What's your opinion on it?

Well in my opinion i'll work like this:

DRUMS
BASS
GUITAR
KEYBOARD
VOCAL
SOLOS

It's better to record bass after guitars. Trust me on this.

rikkertje

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

NeonVomit wrote:
cl4udiolari wrote:
dupinguez wrote:

The next thing we'll have to do is to decide the order to record the tracks. I would go for

-Drums
-Guitars
-Bass
-Keyboards
-Voice

DRUMS
BASS
GUITAR
KEYBOARD
VOCAL
SOLOS

No it's not... It's better to first record the rythm section (drums & bass) before you do the rest. Smile

cl4udiolari

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

rikkertje wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:
cl4udiolari wrote:
dupinguez wrote:

-Drums
-Guitars
-Bass
-Keyboards
-Voice

DRUMS
BASS
GUITAR
KEYBOARD
VOCAL
SOLOS

No it's not... It's better to first record the rythm section (drums & bass) before you do the rest. Smile

Yeah..i agree .first rythm!!

btw this is the drums line:

http://ceeleroyal.altervista.org/ bd_drums.mp3 richt click and saves to...

I will edit it once i'll have all the material.

BASS GTR Player. It's your turn!

DRUMS _ ALTERNATIVE MIRROR

Ragehead91

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

cl4udiolari wrote:
rikkertje wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:
cl4udiolari wrote:
dupinguez wrote:

-Drums
-Guitars
-Bass
-Keyboards
-Voice

DRUMS
BASS
GUITAR
KEYBOARD
VOCAL
SOLOS

Yeah..i agree .first rythm!!

btw this is the drums line:

http://ceeleroyal.altervista.org/ bd_drums.mp3 richt click and saves to...

I will edit it once i'll have all the material.

BASS GTR Player. It's your turn!

I get a 404 Error when i try do download it.

cl4udiolari

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

its written:

right click

dupinguez

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Plisken wrote:
fernandotcl wrote:
Plisken wrote:

Thanks =)

Actually I have tweaked it a bit since then. Now that I listen to that sample it sounds pretty different to what I have now lol. Funny how little tweaks add up and change the whole picture.

Here are 2 recent samples I made.

The first one is a part I record from Find your Own Voice. I wanted to hear how the lead sounded with an entire band so drums, guitar, bass is there, even the vocals. Every instrument was played with my synth sooooo yaaa dont expect them to sound very much like the real thing lol.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/9/20/ 1446730/Find%20Your%20Own%20Voice.mp3

Nice skills and good sound, quite close to jens' one. But there are still some little mistakes on the extract. Wink

And I have 404 error too. When I right click and save as, it saves a php link.

Ragehead91

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

cl4udiolari wrote:
its written:

right click

I did. It doesn't workork. All I get when I download with right click is a php document smartass.

warrencurrymetal

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Its working for me just fine. I will listen as soon as its finished. Smile

warrencurrymetal

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Drums sound good. What program was used?

dupinguez

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I finally could download it. You just have to remove the first part of the link.

Sounds quite good. Just the double bass that sounds a little bit "robotic" and the snare that sounds "computer made". Razz

Nice job though!!

cl4udiolari

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I used EZDrummer.

The KICK Sample i used comes from Elements. I don't think Stratos will be offended imho Tongue

Doesn't sounds robotic to me, i tried to alternate 2 different samples in order to humanize it and it worked. Actually on this sample i used a noise gate 'cause the Volume envelope was altherated ( short sample ) and this maybe could disturb, but in my opinion it will work once with instruments!! I'll check for another sample while you guys record the other stuff!

For the snares, toms, and dishes i used the sample on ezdrummer with some compression and eq!

i wait for your stuff =)

dupinguez

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I know EZDrummer quite well, since I have used it for a while. Though, how did you manage to isolate one Kick sample from Elements?? I'm curious.

And I recommend you DFH Superior or Superior Drummer 2.0, which have really great sound banks!

BTW, can you share the MIDI file of your drums please?

NeonVomit

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

rikkertje wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:
cl4udiolari wrote:
dupinguez wrote:

-Drums
-Guitars
-Bass
-Keyboards
-Voice

DRUMS
BASS
GUITAR
KEYBOARD
VOCAL
SOLOS

Yeah, what would I know, I've only recorded two professional albums Wink

Anyway. I'll try get this done today or tomorrow.

hiro23

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Sounds really good to me

dupinguez

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

So? Who's recording bass??

NeonVomit

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

dupinguez wrote:
So? Who's recording bass??

I'm getting it done, no worries Wink

I'm playing tuned half-step down (like Strato) just to make sure.

warrencurrymetal

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Are you currently working on bass? Are we going to do rhythm first?

cl4udiolari

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Yes NeonVomit is for bass....then we'll go with guitar!!

Of course send me the finished bass so i can just fistly mix it ok ? =)

dupinguez

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

@NeonVomit : perfect!

And I suppose, send your bass line only, and not bass+drums. It will make the mixing easier.

cl4udiolari

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

dupinguez wrote:
@NeonVomit : perfect!

And I suppose, send your bass line only, and not bass+drums. It will make the mixing easier.

eheh...it will make the mixing be possible =D

cl4udiolari

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

and so?!?!

rikkertje

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I'm already working on the keyboard parts. Everything is finished. (Harpsichord, Choir and Solo's). I will mix it nicely. And when the time is there. I will put it on the forum. I also recorded it in the same key as the original song! Wink

Do I also have to PM it to someone?

cl4udiolari

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

very good!!

Also would be very nice to send me all the unmixed part due to the work i have to do on each file!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Musician talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum