Stratovarius Community
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Stratovarius Cover recording - for all musicians who can rec
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Musician talk in English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cl4udiolari
Member


Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 79

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Stratovarius Cover recording - for all musicians who can rec Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

How the idea of recording a Cover of a song of Stratovarius??
Just for fun =)

i can manage Production of everything. From Mixing to Mastering the mp3 and i can also produce Drums and all those things we need.

Due to difficoultness of recording Drums i will provide the drums line ( if anyone else could do the rec of drums =)

tell me what you guys think and then we'll start choosing the song with a poll!

Cl

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rikkertje
Sr. Member


Joined: 07 Jan 2009
Posts: 1798
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

That sounds really cool! Maybe we should do Black Diamond. I think that's a nice song to cover! Very Happy

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mormegil
Sr. Member


Joined: 25 Apr 2003
Posts: 4327
Location: United States of Europe, FI, Pori

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Awesome idea! Too bad I'm too technologically impaired to participate.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
rikkertje
Sr. Member


Joined: 07 Jan 2009
Posts: 1798
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I can record some keyboards here! Smile

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cl4udiolari
Member


Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 79

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Each one should vote for a song or two, also the one who cannot record!!!

so we can accomplish everyone, or at least the most part of members Confused

I vote:

Black Diamond
Elements Tongue

really hard but what a satisfaction!!!

Would be nice to find also someone who can sing!!!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rikkertje
Sr. Member


Joined: 07 Jan 2009
Posts: 1798
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

cl4udiolari wrote:


I vote:

Elements Tongue

really hard but what a satisfaction!!!


Elements would be really cool. I can play it on keyboard. But then we also have to find a guitarist, a bassist, and a drummer who can play it. But most of all, a singer who can sing that high! Wink

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cl4udiolari
Member


Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 79

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Well i think when we choose the song i'll make the drums with my DAW =) easier!!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rikkertje
Sr. Member


Joined: 07 Jan 2009
Posts: 1798
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ok that's good! If we don't find a reasonable singer maybe TK himself could re-record some vocals for us! Laughing Laughing Razz

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NeonVomit
Sr. Member


Joined: 20 Feb 2003
Posts: 4628
Location: London, UK

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I'll lay down a bassline, got all the stuff I need.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
rikkertje
Sr. Member


Joined: 07 Jan 2009
Posts: 1798
Location: The Netherlands

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Nice! The first thing we need to do now is pick a song!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lalodrums2
Sr. Member


Joined: 15 Jan 2004
Posts: 387
Location: MONTERREY, MEXICO.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I have my drums in my home in monterrey mexico, (where im from) but Im currently studying in toronto, canada so i bought this kind of electronic drums to keep me in practice. If you want and like how this sounds, I can record the drums of any song (at least try to do it, because there are some very difficult ones) and send it in mp3.

You can check some of my recordings that I do for fun here www.myspace.com/lalodrumsband

let me know if im in !! my mail is lalodrums@hotmail.com

Cheers to everyone!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
hiro23
Sr. Member


Joined: 17 Jun 2008
Posts: 3206
Location: saint george, utah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I am a singer however I will admit that I can not sing that high, my voice is definitely in a lower octave.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NightScreamer
Sr. Member


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 582

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

NeonVomit wrote:
I'll lay down a bassline, got all the stuff I need.

I wanted to do bass, oh well I guess I could do guitar, i'm just not that good

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fernandotcl
Sr. Member


Joined: 02 Apr 2008
Posts: 738
Location: Stuttgart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Haha I had that same idea when I got my DGX 230.

I'm not a keyboard player myself, but I think I could record Stratofortress, I used to play that for fun. But I'll only have enough spare time in 1 or 2 months...

Here's an idea, if you guys can't find a singer, try an instrumental song. I cast my vote for Holy Light, if that's the case.

Otherwise, my vote goes for Will My Soul Ever Rest In Peace?, since it's less technically demanding for a first attempt.

That's gonna be fun...

Beerchug Beerchug Beerchug

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dupinguez
Sr. Member


Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Posts: 534
Location: France

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

That's a freaking good idea!

I can do singing, keyboards, drum programming, mixing. If you want to check my ability to do so, just go to the "Shinray" topic or directly to :

http://www.myspace.com/shinraymusic

I would go for a classical Black Diamond. Since TK's voice is quite high, we could lower the tune a little bit, so that everyone could sing on it (at least on the chorus)...

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Ragehead91
Sr. Member


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 3660

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I think they tried to do the same on Helloween Board with Dr. Stein. When I was there the last time (over a half year ago) it wasn't finished. And I doubt that it is finished yet.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cl4udiolari
Member


Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 79

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

lalodrums2 wrote:
If you want and like how this sounds, I can record the drums of any song (at least try to do it, because there are some very difficult ones) and send it in mp3


Many thanks friend. I listened to the tracks on myspace but i need more professional sound.
What i do need for you will be the midi file instead of the mp3 ok? so i can save your playing but with the sounds i'll edit! =)

dupinguez wrote:
can do singing, keyboards, drum programming, mixing. If you want to check my ability to do so, just go to the "Shinray" topic or directly to :

http://www.myspace.com/shinraymusic


I appreciate your help but i can manage bymyself for these things! i have a Pro Daw and will work with the files you provide to me! =)

Again, i ask you to name the song you wont the cover, then i'll make a poll and we will choose the one.

For now we are at:

BLACK DIAMOND 3votes
ELEMENTS 1vote
HOLY LIGHT 1vote
WILL MY SOUL EVER REST IN PEACE? 1vote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dupinguez
Sr. Member


Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Posts: 534
Location: France

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Quote:
I appreciate your help but i can manage bymyself for these things! i have a Pro Daw and will work with the files you provide to me! =)


I know, but since we don't have the same softwares and so on, maybe you would have noticed a good drum sound in my songs for example... But nevermind! Smile

The main purpose was to make you listen to my voice and my keyboards in fact, since I applied for these two profiles. Laughing

BTW, what is a "Pro Daw"? Is it just a music production software like Cubase, Logic or else...?

And my vote goes to Black Diamond, but you already counted it!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
cl4udiolari
Member


Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 79

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

A Pro Daw is a Professional "Digital Audio Workstation". It means the entourage for a studio such us Audio Converters, a consolle, some digital processors..i like the idea of doing this work because i love working with audio but hey we can have different mixes of course Tongue

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Malteada
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2008
Posts: 125
Location: Mazatlán, Sinaloa, México

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

D:

hey i already recorded many songs from stratovarius,
Against The Wind (Without vocals)
Black Diamond (With Vocals and Without vocals)
Out of the Shadows (with vocals, which is actually on my http://www.myspace.com/kokeeee)
Future Shock (with vocals)
Stratosphere (with vocals Razz) xD

and also recordered a song from Timo Tolkki called "Flaying Samir"

i have only 1 song on myspace, if you want to check out... go! Wink

i used Cool Edit Pro for record everything, and Ftuity Loops for the drums, i hope you like it...


PD: i'm not singer xD

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
icecab21
Sr. Member


Joined: 19 May 2008
Posts: 3516

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Are you guys thinking of playing a straight up cover or one that is a new arrangement?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
lalodrums2
Sr. Member


Joined: 15 Jan 2004
Posts: 387
Location: MONTERREY, MEXICO.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

cl4udiolari wrote:
lalodrums2 wrote:
If you want and like how this sounds, I can record the drums of any song (at least try to do it, because there are some very difficult ones) and send it in mp3


Many thanks friend. I listened to the tracks on myspace but i need more professional sound.
What i do need for you will be the midi file instead of the mp3 ok? so i can save your playing but with the sounds i'll edit! =)

dupinguez wrote:
can do singing, keyboards, drum programming, mixing. If you want to check my ability to do so, just go to the "Shinray" topic or directly to :

http://www.myspace.com/shinraymusic


I appreciate your help but i can manage bymyself for these things! i have a Pro Daw and will work with the files you provide to me! =)

Again, i ask you to name the song you wont the cover, then i'll make a poll and we will choose the one.

For now we are at:

BLACK DIAMOND 3votes
ELEMENTS 1vote
HOLY LIGHT 1vote
WILL MY SOUL EVER REST IN PEACE? 1vote


Smile Oh okay, no problem but the thing is that I never made this to work recording in midi (supposed to be possible but i couldn't do it... never)

So good luck with the project, and I vote for black diamond!

Cheers Smile Smile Smile Smile

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Malteada
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2008
Posts: 125
Location: Mazatlán, Sinaloa, México

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

lalodrums2 wrote:
cl4udiolari wrote:
lalodrums2 wrote:
If you want and like how this sounds, I can record the drums of any song (at least try to do it, because there are some very difficult ones) and send it in mp3


Many thanks friend. I listened to the tracks on myspace but i need more professional sound.
What i do need for you will be the midi file instead of the mp3 ok? so i can save your playing but with the sounds i'll edit! =)

dupinguez wrote:
can do singing, keyboards, drum programming, mixing. If you want to check my ability to do so, just go to the "Shinray" topic or directly to :

http://www.myspace.com/shinraymusic


I appreciate your help but i can manage bymyself for these things! i have a Pro Daw and will work with the files you provide to me! =)

Again, i ask you to name the song you wont the cover, then i'll make a poll and we will choose the one.

For now we are at:

BLACK DIAMOND 3votes
ELEMENTS 1vote
HOLY LIGHT 1vote
WILL MY SOUL EVER REST IN PEACE? 1vote


Smile Oh okay, no problem but the thing is that I never made this to work recording in midi (supposed to be possible but i couldn't do it... never)

So good luck with the project, and I vote for black diamond!

Cheers Smile Smile Smile Smile



the is a software that can convert a midi file into a mp3 file, and it sounds very good... but. really it doesn't convert it... it's de EZDrummer, you can use it with a software like Fruity loops, or Cubase, you import the midi file and you can set many parameters like "Velocity".. and others... you should try it

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
warrencurrymetal
Member


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 191

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Sounds fun! I could maybe do something. (i'm not too good at mixing though.)

check it out. I played guitar, bass, and vocals on these.

http://www.myspace.com/warrencurrymetal

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
hiro23
Sr. Member


Joined: 17 Jun 2008
Posts: 3206
Location: saint george, utah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

So are you just doing covers or are you planning on doing some originals too?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ragehead91
Sr. Member


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 3660

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Read the first post. They want to do a Strato Cover.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hiro23
Sr. Member


Joined: 17 Jun 2008
Posts: 3206
Location: saint george, utah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I read that, what I'm asking is if they are just going to do a Strato cover or if they want to do some originals too.

Cause they never said they weren't planning on doing anything else so I'm just curious.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NightScreamer
Sr. Member


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 582

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

warrencurrymetal wrote:
Sounds fun! I could maybe do something. (i'm not too good at mixing though.)

check it out. I played guitar, bass, and vocals on these.

http://www.myspace.com/warrencurrymetal


you should be the singer

My vote goes to EagleHeart, Visions, or Forever Free, because those are the only ones I can play

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
icecab21
Sr. Member


Joined: 19 May 2008
Posts: 3516

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

030366 gets my vote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
warrencurrymetal
Member


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 191

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Any Strato song is good IMHO.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stratovarius Community Forum Index -> Musician talk in English All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

 
Jump to:  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group