Kiske's "truth"

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Stealth
Kiske's "truth"

Post by Stealth » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:16 am

I don't know if anyone posted something about this, but just in case here's Kiske's comments about SupaRed's separation. I always liked Kiske as a singer, even though I'm not a Helloween fan (I never liked German metal vey much). I still like him as a singer, but now I realized what a freaking idiot he is. And yes maybe I'm insulting Kiske, but he insults people too, so I'm not trying to sound controversial.
Here are his comments (from http://www.supared.de):

as you muight have heard already, SupaRed does not exist anymore. Read Michi's statement about that decision:

I officially like to announce my departure from the Hard-Rock Music-Scene now. I simply don’t fit. Especially on the last record I did experiment around again with Hard-Rock sounds, trying to keep things interesting for me, but it doesn’t lead me to anything. I guess subconsciously I was working with these sounds again trying to get more in peace with my past somehow, but it simply isn’t me anymore. The extremely bad record sales of the SupaRed debut was the final bit and answer I needed for this decision. My interpretation of this sort of music doesn’t get accepted. So I don’t want to waste my and other people’s time anymore. Big thanx to everybody who supported this band-project and me! I am sorry if you are disappointed now that I have to finally close this chapter for good, but I am not the person who goes on forever with something that is not meant to be. A big Fuck-Off goes out to everybody who only burned or downloaded SupaRed instead of buying the CD. You may say you love music, but all you do is destroying the financial existents of bands and musicians. People like you make sure that all free Music that is not just a fake set-up by the industry will die out completely. The same Fuck-Off goes out to all smart-ass critics who can only treat music as a stinking product to please the market. Instead of trying to understand a musicians work or the mission of art in general, you think you can dictate musicians what they have to do, misusing your power over the public opinion. As long as artists fight against your stupid kind, there’s hope. If your type wins, there’s no future for the real thing. People like you don’t deserve any real music! - For a number of years now there has been a strong conflict in my chest. A completely different conflict than most people would guess. Every part of me says: no more! I made myself physically ill making this last record. That says it all. And as everyone can see, it leads to nothing worth it. All I want to say is: Hardrock isn’t my music anymore. I can’t cope with it’s mentality, ideals or musical language. I have found much better artistic arguments, and certainly much higher morals than what the Metal scene has to offer. And you won’t hear anything Metal-like anymore coming from my address for the rest of my life. I will also lead no more useless discussions anymore with people around the world about things they simply don’t have a sense for. It’s a waste of energy and time. People don’t necessarily become wise when they get old: an asshole will only become an old asshole. In the same way young people don’t necessarily are alive, just because they are young. Many people are spiritually dead already as teenagers. And brutalizing music, that makes us dumb, numb and morally def does its part. If you don’t agree with me, and don’t like my talk. Fine! To each its own. It’s absolutely right for me. I say it again: I simply don’t fit into the Metal-Scene. I am not what the scene wants, and I don’t want the wimpy artistic truth this scene has to offer. I didn’t even really fit into Helloween as a person. I was always a stranger in that band, because I wasn’t at all like them. I liked Metal in the eighties, and still like some records, but I was never really the typical Metal-Head. Even in my hardest Metal days I was always just as much listening to U2, Elvis, Beatles, Eurythmics, Kate Bush, Pat Benatar, classical music and so on. What a heresy, right? But I am happy that I never isolated myself in Metal. I was always open to anything good in music. And believe it or not: I am totally convinced that’s the reason for my success as a singer in Metal. My approach was different! Metal is certainly not any law for me. My love for God, Christ, free Art and Humanity is. We’ve got to do what we believe in. If you don’t follow your convictions, you’re dead. A person that doesn’t follow his believes, or doesn’t even have any ideals or morals is just a pitiful hollow existents in my eyes, no matter how smart or modern that person might see itself. I wouldn’t trust someone that has no believes for a minute. There’s nothing holy for him or her. As Carlos Santana said in an Interview: All that matters is what we do in our life’s with our energy, light and love.
That’s all. Peace!
Michael Kiske
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

Dreamspace

Re: Kiske's "truth"

Post by Dreamspace » Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:35 am

Stealth wrote:My final comment: fuck Kiske!
Well, what do you want him to do? Force himself into writing Metal? That'll be torture for him and shit record for us. No point in doing this. I am a Helloween fan, and I think that the best Helloween albums were the ones with Kiske, but if he doesn't want to do it anymore - well, best of luck, Michi. At least we got a few great records to remember him by.

So, on behalf of Kiske fans - fuck you too.
Forsvinn du som lyser over mitt folk!

Fight4Freedom

Post by Fight4Freedom » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:02 am

Heavy metal is the law!

Heavy metal or no metal at all!
Wimps and posers leave the hall! =P
..Brothers of metal together again

Jodwin

Post by Jodwin » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:28 am

Metal is certainly not any law for me. My love for God, Christ, free Art and Humanity is. We’ve got to do what we believe in. If you don’t follow your convictions, you’re dead. A person that doesn’t follow his believes, or doesn’t even have any ideals or morals is just a pitiful hollow existents in my eyes, no matter how smart or modern that person might see itself. I wouldn’t trust someone that has no believes for a minute. There’s nothing holy for him or her. As Carlos Santana said in an Interview: All that matters is what we do in our life’s with our energy, light and love.
Hail kiske!

=P

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:46 am

Oh he´s affronted... :eyes
Delusions Of Grandeur

mvolkart

Post by mvolkart » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:04 am

so I think he won't be the special guest at the helloween - wacken - show...
:(

well i'm not there anyway!! =P
ESP rocks!!!

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:53 pm

edit - maybe I am a bit hard on Xtians. The women in the bible may have all been whores and sinners, but at least xtian women get to walk around not covered from head to toe.
Last edited by Fireblade on Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

MasterChu19155

Post by MasterChu19155 » Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:59 pm

I read the statement in german and I was not very happy about this.

It sounds like a more formal way to say "heavy metal is bullshit"...

In some things he is right, but tha way he expressed his opinion was not very...nice.

Cristiane

Post by Cristiane » Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:32 pm

I've already seen this article, but in portuguese, and I answered that in portuguese too, but I think I'll say the same thing in here.

No one EVER asked him to get isolated in metal, what a bullshit! People that like Helloween can also like a lot of things. I LOVE Helloween and all the bands he mentioned I still listen! I love U2, so what? I listen to ABBA... not a big deal, it doesn't change anything... I still listen to metal and I still think it's good. Now I want him to tell me where in the world he's gonna find a music style that's more inteligent that heavy metal. Stratovarius it's a good example, you'll never listen to songs talking bullshit, you'll only listen to good things... besides there're lots of bands that "preach" the "open your mind" style, I mean.. don't close your eyes to stupid society rules, don't believe in the bullshits you read or you see on TV. Ok... I'm sure pop bands talk about those things. I believe that... :buh:

He told that the record sales went bad, I'd say to him "THAT'S OBVIOUS kid", specialy because people that follow his carreer are still heavy metal fans, so tell me please, which metal fan wants to listen to pop music mixed with electronic elements?? Which fan that listened to him singing at Avantasia and Ayeron or at another project wants to listen to him singing pop?? Of course nobody wants... you can see U2 for example, their pop albuns sold NOTHING... the Lemon tour here in Brazil only got crowded because they hadn't been here for a long time, and when they finally came they only played the old songs, because the audience wanted to listen to rock n roll.

I still love Michael Kiske, I'll always listen to the old Helloween records and I'll always listen to the projects he sang, and don't tell me that I'm being extreme, close minded or whatever bullshit he might call me only because I don't like pop music. And what a demagogy, huh mr. Kiske?? "I didn’t even really fit into Helloween as a person. I was always a stranger in that band, because I wasn’t at all like them." So why didn't you leave right from the start?? Why did you take so long to leave the band? I wonder why... for sure you felt like a stranger...

What really pisses me off is the way he tells heavy metal had limited him to make good music, bullshit! The songs he wrote on Helloween are excelent, except by those he was leading to pop music. I think pop music is awful, but there must be some people that find that good... I see no problem in that, but don't tell that "headbangers" are close minded or stuff like that only because we don't like it. It's seems to me that his problem is that he can't accept criticism, he looks like a crying baby that when loses a game seat down and cry like this "I don't want to play anymore.. buaaaa". :eyes
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twilightsymphony

Re: Re: Kiske's "truth"

Post by Twilightsymphony » Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:50 pm

Cristiane wrote:
Now I want him to tell me where in the world he's gonna find a music style that's more inteligent that heavy metal.
On the other hand we could ask where in the world he's gonna find a music style that's more stupid than metal. Not everything metal is of technical or lyrical quality. I think he may be refering to that.

... and yes, many metalheads are narrowminded as hell...
Delusions Of Grandeur

Cristiane

Re: Re: Re: Kiske's "truth"

Post by Cristiane » Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:02 pm

Twilightsymphony wrote:
You told that right "many", not everybody are like that. But unfortunately there're some exceptions.

ps: I'm not refering to you. :)

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:34 pm

How many times has he said goodbye to metal? For fun, millions, for money, none yet.

MAJINDIEGO

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:59 pm

valo_666 wrote:
How many times has he said goodbye to metal? For fun, millions, for money, none yet.
you´re right.
And besides, if he cares to do a more worked and technical stuff...go start a band like Symphony X or Dream Theater...still metal, but with other qualities.
no need to spit on the plate that feeded him for so long.
:eyes
for sure pop music, with those eletronical shit and beats, are not that technical. And metal does have a huge variety of styles.
;)
Rhapsody does it different.
Blind Guardian does it different
Symphony X does it different
By the grace of God Almighty,
And the pressures of the marketplace
The human race have civilized itself...
...it´s a miracle.

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:59 pm

wait for another AINA or AVANTASIA project... he WILL be there, 'cos of MONEY

NixxxoN

Post by NixxxoN » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:08 pm

bye, bye Mr. Kiske. Thank you for those good years in Helloween. Now you're O.V.E.R.
NixxxoN, Catalonian Metalheads
---------------------------------
Heavy Metal is The Law!
†††††† www.MetalKings.Tk †††††

jean_luc_picard

Post by jean_luc_picard » Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:27 pm

I think there are some heavy tokens of truth in what mr. Kiske wrote. I don't know him as a musician, as I've never been into his projects (helloween & so on...) neither personally. He told his opinion, and frankly I do share it in some parts - especially when he speaks about the media: journalists, critics and so on... I would eradicate them all from the world.

I don't know if what he stated was inducted by some kind of deep anger he feels right now; if so, it may be a temporary state, forcing him to change his mind later. But anyway, besides what he's gonna do, he has my appreciation. Good to hear someone having the guts enough to shout what he thinks without silly compromises.
:)
What are you going to do then?
Knock on the doors with your head, Peregrin Took!

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:05 pm

Well some good points here!

The thing I don't like about Metalheads is the same as what I don't like about middle-class English white people that like opera. The arrogance and elitism.

"my music is vastly superior to any other kind; and any intelligent person listens to it, if people don't like it then they must be stupid or sub-human".

And it's a good point that someone once made about music journalists - the ones that complain about others' music the most are failed musicians with sour grapes. :lol:

Stratostone

Post by Stratostone » Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:30 pm

mvolkart wrote:
so I think he won't be the special guest at the helloween - wacken - show...
:(

well i'm not there anyway!! =P

the special guest of HELLOWEEN on Wacken WILL BE Kai Hansen. That's for sure.
STRATOVARIUS keep the flame!

khamael

Post by khamael » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:22 pm

Dreamspace wrote:

very constructive. :eyes

Twilightsymphony

Re: Re: Re: Re: Kiske's "truth"

Post by Twilightsymphony » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:54 pm

Cristiane wrote:
Twilightsymphony wrote:
You told that right "many", not everybody are like that. But unfortunately there're some exceptions.

ps: I'm not refering to you. :)
Yeah most seem to be ok...
People which are really annoying: Those who always tell how tolerant they are but who start bashing each and every band they dislike for stupid reasons :eyes

P.S. I know 8)
Delusions Of Grandeur

Stratomano

Post by Stratomano » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:12 am

yeah.......you're OVER ahahhahhah....helloween is past...now you is POSER
Last edited by Stratomano on Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stratovarius is the best!!!!

Twilightsymphony

Post by Twilightsymphony » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:36 am

Why is he a poser? He stated his opinion against most of his fans. Although i highly disagree with him in certain points, i think we have to respect his opinion and also strength of will to do this step. Why should he make music he doesnt like?

He sounds quite pissed and hateful because Supared wasnt successful, this is my critic towards him. But he doesnt sound like a poser...

Naargh.. Vodka.. empty ;) :eyes
Delusions Of Grandeur

ladyofeternity

Post by ladyofeternity » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:00 am

I don't undertand this guy, he always guilt the headbangers for his misfortune !
He is a frustrated musician !
He neither knows what he wants !
I have all Helloween albuns & include the first Kiske solo album that is good !
But I'm not obligated to like his pop musics & all the things that he do!
& I'm open mind 'cause I like to listen many other bands, include some pop bands !
But I don't liked Supared, if their albuns don't sale what he was expected was because are bad, not because of the downloading thing !
The funny is that he always write bad things about metal music but he participated in many metal projects !
So he was very hipocrital with this statement !
& He never should generalize too :eyes

Cristiane

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kiske's "truth"

Post by Cristiane » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Twilightsymphony wrote:
Yeah most seem to be ok...
People which are really annoying: Those who always tell how tolerant they are but who start bashing each and every band they dislike for stupid reasons :eyes

P.S. I know 8)
I agree with you again... those people are really annoying... specially the ones that are always preaching they're tolerant, that they're open minded and something like that, and in the end when some one else say something
they disagree , they start bashing and attacking people. Those people complain about everything, when you talk about a band they dislike, when you talk about something they disagree or just when you say your oppinion about something. I only feel sorry about these kind of people... cause they'll complain their whole lives while no one will be listening to them. :eyes

Kiske is doing the things I wrote above cause he's attacking metalheads about their preferences... in the end he's acting like the same people he's bashing.

MAJINDIEGO

Post by MAJINDIEGO » Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:02 pm

fuck this...fuck that...man, you guys can be so childish some times!
If you don´t agree, at least respect Kiske´s opinion...
;)
By the grace of God Almighty,
And the pressures of the marketplace
The human race have civilized itself...
...it´s a miracle.

-Arack-

Post by -Arack- » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:30 pm

Sad... Heavy metal (or a good part of it) is in fact a musical style that has so much good morals and positive values... I really couldn t beleive what I was reading at first... but we have to accept it...

He sounds like another religion fanatic that says heavy metal is evil and god and christ is the good way...

Sad indeed... :(

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:09 pm

Dreamspace wrote:
Well, what do you want him to do? Force himself into writing Metal? That'll be torture for him and shit record for us. No point in doing this. I am a Helloween fan, and I think that the best Helloween albums were the ones with Kiske, but if he doesn't want to do it anymore - well, best of luck, Michi. At least we got a few great records to remember him by.

I'm not complaining about the fact that he decided to stop singing metal music. If that's what he wants, I'm more than ok with it. What I don't like is the way in which he expresses his feelings, insulting the metal scene and everyone within it. I'm atheist, I don't follow any religion, but I don't go around saying that people who believe in a god (such as Kiske) are all retards.
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:22 pm

Stealth says it better than me!

Fenrir

Post by Fenrir » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:23 am

OH YEAHHHHHH FUCK YOU TOO....KISKE WAS A GREAT MUSICIAN , BUT , I HATE TO THAT NOW HE IS A DUMBASS.BUT..IF HE DOESNT LIKE ROCK MUSIC ANYMORE , WHAT CAN I DO?
In my heart, in my soul
I really hate to pay this toll
Should be strong, young and bold
But the only thing I feel is pain

Helloween - A tale that wasn´t right

Fenrir

Post by Fenrir » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:25 am

I ALMOST FORGOT...FUCK THE CREATOR OF THIS FUCKIN POST!
In my heart, in my soul
I really hate to pay this toll
Should be strong, young and bold
But the only thing I feel is pain

Helloween - A tale that wasn´t right