Stratovarius sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Figaro1
Re: Stratovarius sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Figaro1 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:37 pm

If Strato sucks, then what the hell are you doing here? And why the hell are you saying that aloud? You are entitled to your opinion but it's not fact.

I mean, I hate Janssonin Kiusaus but many Finns eat it on a weekly basis.
Who is wrong, me or them?
I'm going nowhere. All the way to nowhere.

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:04 pm

Ehm, you should've probably read some of the posts in this thread. ;)

Figaro1

Post by Figaro1 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:46 pm

I did!
I'm going nowhere. All the way to nowhere.

Allison

Post by Allison » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:23 pm

:roll:

NordicStorm

Post by NordicStorm » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:30 pm

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote: ...
"Oh my god, Stratovarius....i fucking hate them, they're a bunch of no-talent hacks....." I have NEVER heard anyone say anything like that.

Thoughts, anyone?
You're just not looking in the right places, is all...;)
Give me liberty, or give me cake!

Joostice

Post by Joostice » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:58 am

I heard that Strato Sucks a loooooooot of time, almost every time by pseudo thrashers or pseudo true metalheads, Stupid people :x
Advantage

iron_thunder

Post by iron_thunder » Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:17 am

Sknight2112 wrote:
....im sure somewhere in Seattle there is a guy living in his parents basement who hates Stratovarius :wink:

:lol: HAHAHA that's too funny....

Well, I know people who say Stratovarius isn't really their cup of tea, but I've never heard anybody say they outright SUCK.
Like a lot of things aren't my taste, but I don't hate them for that reason, or for any reason.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I think I have heard the odd person say it, but it's mainly in that unintelligent, inarticulate way, like "Stratovarius are so gay," which is a stupid expression anyway.... but don't get me started on that.

Just because it's melodic and that they don't sing about being grim and frostbitten all the time ;) .... or because Kotipelto is a REALLY high singer sometimes, doesn't mean they outright suck. Just a different taste of music...

It's funny. I love all types of metal, except nu-metal, but again that's my taste. Funny how confrontational and hateful people have to be, even when it comes to just music. Can't people just dislike something instead of being really angry about it?

Gnosis_and_Life

Post by Gnosis_and_Life » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:44 am

iron_thunder wrote:I love all types of metal, except nu-metal
That's because nu-metal is NOT Metal :evil:

@Topic: Most of the metal people I know likes Strato or at least recognize their musical skills. Only a few of them (death metal fans) make fun about Strato with things like "they play music for girls, not for real men", but still can't deny they are good. :roll: Never heard anybody who said that they can't play or compose good music, that would be so... dumb.
Menetät terveytesi lähitulevaisuudessa, jos ryyppäät niin paljon.

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:21 am

Figaro1 wrote:I did!
Then you should know, the question was "have you EVER heard anyone say that they totally hate Stratovarius?". ;)

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:59 pm

Gnosis_and_Life wrote:
iron_thunder wrote:I love all types of metal, except nu-metal
That's because nu-metal is NOT Metal :evil:
I hear that argument a lot.

When i first started hearing all the NewfoundGlory related stuff that was coming out on the radio, i clamoured for months straight about how there was no way in hell that they were punk.

Then i realized that Bill Haley would have probably listened to Motorhead with absolute outrage, screaming that Motorhead could not possibly be rock and roll.

It made me notice that music's propensity to change over the years is inevitable, and that one can't possibly be a die-hard purist about it. It's just impossible.

As for nu-metal......i have to say that there seems to be a definite trend towards less musical proficiency. With all genres. But i blame that on the consumers' musical tastes. People speak with their money. We can't be all pissy at Linkin Park because they sold eleventeen-million records in one day and Sonata Arctica didn't.

But we can be pissy at them for not caring about it. :wink:
Let no man surrender so long as he is unwounded and can fight.

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:39 am

Oh, I think some have missed the point of this topic. the question was not if YOU think that Stratovarius suck, but do you KNOW SOMEBODY who says so!!! That's a difference... :wink:
Well, in some other metal-forums I read posts of some black/death/trash-metalfans, who said that PowerMetal is gay, and who also wrote (one year ago, during the crisis), that It's not bad that Stratovarius will quit. But hey - who cares about the opinion of these intolerant guys? :lol:

elements_pt_3

Post by elements_pt_3 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:34 am

of course every band have people who hate.like me. i hate metallica,and all about hip metal,nu metal.sucks.
but stratovarius,they totally different and very2 good band

Zeppelin

Post by Zeppelin » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:01 am

I have read treads about Strato sucking and etc but those forums were all in french ( I'm Canadian QUEBECOIS...)

Strato is always the same for me, i prefer symphony x :wink:

And Strato are the cheapest in live !

For studio it sounds good and clear, but live :shock: YASH

I don't say that they suck...it's juste the same after all for me and they aren't good live !

I prefer real Metal- Progressive

I very like Dream Theater and Iron Maiden, they do not abuse of the keyboards like in Stratovarius, that's what I dislike abotu Strato
To Be A Rock And Not To Roll

Heather

Post by Heather » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:55 am

Well,Strato are good but I always thought Kotipelto mostly sucks...If he would rehearse every day he would probably be better,but it always takes a whole tour till he starts singing decently....I guess I can say I "Hate" him 4 that.. :evil: :lol:

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:27 pm

Zeppelin wrote:I very like Dream Theater and Iron Maiden, they do not abuse of the keyboards like in Stratovarius, that's what I dislike abotu Strato
Well, as for Maiden, it would be difficult to abus of keyboards :D But I thin in DT keys are very much used too. And Strato has the best keyboardist in the world so it's normal they use him :D

gabriel

Post by gabriel » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:00 am

huh...maybe with tuomo lassilas and tolkki volcal´s stratovarius sucks...not with kotipelto...but hey how can someone hate a wonderful band like that? it´s quite impossible! :)
Are you experienced?

Porter

Post by Porter » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:30 am

i cant say i hate, them, but i dont love them either

everyone here has to admit timos songwriting is terribly repetitive.

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:01 pm

gabriel wrote:huh...maybe with tuomo lassilas and tolkki volcal´s stratovarius sucks...not with kotipelto...but hey how can someone hate a wonderful band like that? it´s quite impossible! :)
No way... Lassila is a very good drummer and Tolkki sings great. Just listen to Tears Of Ice...

shaz

Post by shaz » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:23 pm

MaFiaBoY wrote:No way... Lassila is a very good drummer and Tolkki sings great. Just listen to Tears Of Ice...
Or Shattered. Or We are the future. Or Twilight Time. Or Out of the shadows.. the examples just keep on coming. :P
"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself."
-Sir Richard Francis Burton

gabriel

Post by gabriel » Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:06 am

i mean...with tuomo singing...in the early beginning
Are you experienced?

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:32 am

gabriel wrote:i mean...with tuomo singing...in the early beginning
Dunno, I never heard stuff frome those days. But playing the drums and singing at the same time... Ask this to Jörg while he's playing Find Your Own Voice :D

gabriel

Post by gabriel » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:18 pm

yeah this phase happened before the fright night album...tolkki is much better singing than lassilas
Are you experienced?

ForceMajeure1

Post by ForceMajeure1 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:16 am

There are lots of strato-haters in Finland at least.

probably more elsewhere :)

khamael

Post by khamael » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:34 am

Zeppelin wrote: I very like Dream Theater and Iron Maiden, they do not abuse of the keyboards like in Stratovarius, that's what I dislike abotu Strato
Sure Iron Maiden do not abuse of the keyboards! maybe because they havent a keyboardist and because their music is not Power-Metal? Maybe no? :wink:

And about Dream Theater, how can you tell that there are more keys parts in Stratovarius? I dont think that Jordan Rudess should agree with you...look at Live in Budokan...

loztdignity

Post by loztdignity » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:53 pm

Yea Ive heard people say that but fact is...most people give them respect for being areound that long even though they dont like the music at all. And many guitarists think Timo Tolkki is great.

Leo

Post by Leo » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:31 pm

Hello!!!!!
Of course can't someone not like strato because it's a music that no-one meens is hurrybol (or something). And all people that is around 40 years likes strato (if they have heard for them of course) because Tolkki likes Rainbow, Deep purpe on Blackmoor and all of them and they heard muts on that when they was young.

But I meen that it posibol to hate some band Linken Park or some pop like that er britny spears do you like true metal you hate them. That was I meen!

Long Live Metal :headbang: