Strato Cover songs

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Bryant
Strato Cover songs

Post by Bryant » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:00 am

Hi !
I just wanted to know what you guys think of all the songs Strato has covered in all these years.
Well, I think that Kill the king is damn great, Bloodstone is good, too, but they can`t show their strength there - and no keyboards. Blackout and I surrender are really weak, they shouldn`t have covered those.
Have I forgotton one ?
Anyway, what`s your opinion ?

Beast_Pete

Re: Strato Cover songs

Post by Beast_Pete » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:10 am

(1499+13)

Yes, it's true, that those covers were not their style, but sometimes we need something different, and Intermission was a great album to show us, that they can play other good stuff as well. Of course I missed the Jens solos, but sometimes we need some break. :)

Júlio tolkki

Post by Júlio tolkki » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:26 am

Covers????? its a big shit, only strato play your music good, i don't like covers! have ones is good but have others i'm not gonna talk

(sorry my english)

Júlio tolkki

Post by Júlio tolkki » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:26 am

Covers????? its a big shit, only strato play your music good, i don't like covers! have ones is good but have others i'm not gonna talk

(sorry my english)

StratoLink

Post by StratoLink » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:30 am

I don't like very much those covers, they don't fit with the strato style, i only like the solos of the covers Blackout and kill the king.

BTW i think it would be very nice if strato does a cover of these songs:
Metallica- Fade to black, One, Four Horsemen and Nothing else matters(i love those songs).

What do you think people?
Stratovarius, The best power-melodic-symphonic metal band ever.
The legend of Zelda, The Best Game Ever.
Devil May Cry 3 Best Action Game Ever.
"I love this!, this is for what i live for!, I am absolutely crazy about it!!!"- Dante.

Twilight Legionnaire

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:40 am

Hmm, I dunno. Those songs require two guitars.

But.. on the other hand, so does Bloodstone. And Strato covered it. :D
perkele

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:25 am

Twilight Legionnaire wrote:Hmm, I dunno. Those songs require two guitars.

Because Tolkki is so great guitarist that he can arrange the sounds with one guitar. 8) :D

Well, isn´t enough that Sonata Arctica has already made a cover of Fade to Black?

I think I Surrender is f*cking great too though it´s performed live. Nearly I could say that the cover is better than Rainbow´s original version. One of my favourites on Intermission together with Cold Winter Nights and Falling into Fantasy. :roll:
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

StratoLink

Post by StratoLink » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:57 am

IceBreaker wrote:

Because Tolkki is so great guitarist that he can arrange the sounds with one guitar. 8) :D

Well, isn´t enough that Sonata Arctica has already made a cover of Fade to Black?

I think I Surrender is f*cking great too though it´s performed live. Nearly I could say that the cover is better than Rainbow´s original version. One of my favourites on Intermission together with Cold Winter Nights and Falling into Fantasy. :roll:
The sonata artica fade to black cover, doesn't has the solo, and that sucks, Strato could do a better version of fade to black....
Stratovarius, The best power-melodic-symphonic metal band ever.
The legend of Zelda, The Best Game Ever.
Devil May Cry 3 Best Action Game Ever.
"I love this!, this is for what i live for!, I am absolutely crazy about it!!!"- Dante.

Bryant

Post by Bryant » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:51 pm

If you`re going that way .... I think - despite the fact that TT is an awsome guitar player - that most of their songs require two guitars. I really miss some rhythm parts or some lead guitar parts in their live performances. It`s not that bad, but I think it`s somehow sad, that they have to leave out some guitar parts.

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:05 pm

(1509+13)
Bryant wrote:If you`re going that way .... I think - despite the fact that TT is an awsome guitar player - that most of their songs require two guitars. I really miss some rhythm parts or some lead guitar parts in their live performances. It`s not that bad, but I think it`s somehow sad, that they have to leave out some guitar parts.
You mean, Will the Sun Rise and Paradise for example? The end of the solo is not as long as on the studio version, because Tolkki has to play the rythm. :/

Pummiii

Post by Pummiii » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:19 pm

I think I surrender is quite good :)

Bryant

Post by Bryant » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:20 am

Beast_Pete wrote:(1509+13)
Bryant wrote:If you`re going that way .... I think - despite the fact that TT is an awsome guitar player - that most of their songs require two guitars. I really miss some rhythm parts or some lead guitar parts in their live performances. It`s not that bad, but I think it`s somehow sad, that they have to leave out some guitar parts.
You mean, Will the Sun Rise and Paradise for example? The end of the solo is not as long as on the studio version, because Tolkki has to play the rythm. :/
Yeah, like this. And - I don`t wanna make Stratos live performance bad, but I think it`s also sad that Jens doesn`t play those really great "Human-voice" keyboards in the background when he`s playing a solo, like in Black diamond, Against the wind and some other songs. I miss something there.