Best opening song

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)
Re: Best opening song

Post by IceBreaker » Tue May 31, 2005 4:08 pm

Solitude_Within wrote:There are many good opening songs like pheonix but i think it would be cool for them to do a show that progresses from there old stuff to there new stuff. It would be cool to hear Black Night live for the first time in ever!
That would really be cool and if they said in the opening speech that "Everyone should know that we have a song beginning with the name Black..." And then they would start playing Black Night instead of the Diamond-song. :roll:
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Tue May 31, 2005 4:41 pm

IceBreaker wrote:
Solitude_Within wrote:There are many good opening songs like pheonix but i think it would be cool for them to do a show that progresses from there old stuff to there new stuff. It would be cool to hear Black Night live for the first time in ever!
That would really be cool and if they said in the opening speech that "Everyone should know that we have a song beginning with the name Black..." And then they would start playing Black Night instead of the Diamond-song. :roll:
Wow, that's cool. Same thing in Twilight Time (song). The say about Twilight and all think that means Twilight Symphony, but they starts to play Twilight Time (could be interest to hear Koti's "version")

Solitude_Within

Post by Solitude_Within » Tue May 31, 2005 6:25 pm

yea or Tolkki could sing it! But i dunno what Kolti would do on stage tho...

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Tue May 31, 2005 6:29 pm

Solitude_Within wrote:yea or Tolkki could sing it! But i dunno what Kolti would do on stage tho...
Can Tolkki even sing so good than before (90's)? I haven't hear Hymn to Life so I don't know how he can sing today.

Solitude_Within

Post by Solitude_Within » Tue May 31, 2005 6:36 pm

I dont know either i dont have his new album :|

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue May 31, 2005 6:45 pm

Ok, last night i saw the best opening song.

I went to Yngwie Malmsteen at the Hammersmith Apollo. The first song was Rising Force. Talk about a crazy buildup...
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Aresius

Post by Aresius » Tue May 31, 2005 7:47 pm

mmm phoenix would be cool because of the lyrics, united to but its a bit slow for an opening song. Probably it will be maniac dance

Llan

Post by Llan » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:45 am

I think "Hunting High and Low" is the perfect opener - much better then let's say Speed of Light. I don't know, it just begins like I want a concert to begin. Keyboard start - so people can scream a bit, and then a nice fast and catchy tune to get you addicted right from the start.

Dave

Post by Dave » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:50 pm

forget all old songs... united is the only opening song!!! no other song by stratovarius should be used as opener for the new tour..

wow fuck i LOVE united............... :roll:
Spamming is serious business!

kolcer

Post by kolcer » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 pm

Aneete wrote:At last gig I saw, they opening with "I walk to my own song" . It was avesome! (...)
Agreed. Great opening song. In fact I don't care what you guys say about Elements albums, this song is fucking rocking great!
The time has come to break away, or you go astray.