Los Angeles (Key Club) Gig

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Dragon77
Los Angeles (Key Club) Gig

Post by Dragon77 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:33 pm

Just wondering if the band will be doing a photo & autograph session? This club usually does them when the band wants to (I've seen a few concerts there).

Looking forward to seeing you guys!!! :D

--- Dragon77

Burning Reflection

Re: Los Angeles (Key Club) Gig

Post by Burning Reflection » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:38 am

All I have to say is that all metal shows I've been to in the L.A. area hs been at the House of Blues in Hollywood. Let me thank you for chosing NOT to play at the House of Blues. It's small, they have an early curfew, bad service, and ridiculous prices. I can't wait to see them at the Key Club in October!!!!!

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:56 am

I've never been to the Key Club so I can't help you on that one. Besides, I'm going to the Galaxy show the night before. If I do end up going to Key Club, it will literally be a last-minute thing.

STRATOPHILIUS

Post by STRATOPHILIUS » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:51 am

Well I too im very glad that they chose the key club instead of house of blues....all the house of blues Iv'e ever been to seem strict on rules and makes not for an enjoyable concert experience...iv'e been to the key club a few times and it is my favorite L.A. club so far.....very nice atmosphere and if you dont feel like standing (or to drunk to stand) there is good seating on the sides and upstairs with good views of the stage....plus they dont seem to care if you take pictures or not....Im also going to the galaxy but im not sure how that club is set up or runned...but in either case I cant wait........by the way I got an email from ticketmaster saying that the days had been switched that the galaxy was now on monday and the keyclub was on sunday and that the tickets would still be honored on the new date... has anyone else heard anything like this???

Dragon77

HOB vs Key Club

Post by Dragon77 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:18 pm

I'll take a show at the Key Club over HOB Sunset Strip any day - however, HOB Anaheim is GREAT! EVERY show I've seen at Sunset Strip has had some sort of trouble - last year at WASP, I was lucky enough to get my nose broken by some stupid drunk! (Management's excuse was, "well that's the type of crowd that music gets" - right, that's why the WASP show this year at Anaheim was FABULOUS - I'd've had no problem taking kids to see it. The Key Club is a very intimate setting, but has really good sound.

I can't wait.

--- Dragon77

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:50 am

Stratophilius: They don't allow pictures at the Galaxy. I was made to throw my disposable camera away when I tried to take pictures at Dream Theater. :(

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:25 am

This is great; so I'm not the only one that despises HOB :) I really hate that place :x @ Stratophilius - You got an e=mail from ticketmaster saying that the some dates have changed? :?

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:14 pm

Stratophilius: I didn't hear anything about the dates being changed. I bought my tickets through the Galaxy directly. I'm going to call them later and see what's going on.

STRATOPHILIUS

Post by STRATOPHILIUS » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:09 am

Yea it was wierd I got 2 separate emails...1 saying that the keyclub show was now on sunday and the other saying that the galaxy was now on monday.......if someone can confirm the dates that would be awesome.... Im going to both shows so it doesnt matter to me other than I dont feel like showing up to the wrong place on the wrong night and having to drvie through traffic to try to get to the other club.. :lol: :lol:

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:36 pm

OK, here is the deal...

I called Galaxy yesterday and the dates were indeed changed. The notice only came yesterday. If the Galaxy has not already called those of you who ordered tickets through the venue, they should be calling you today. Even though I called and confirmed, they did call me again later that night to double-check that I got the news. So if you ordered the Galaxy tickets through the theater themselves, they will be calling you to inform you of the change in dates.

I may just go to the Key Club show after all, as I was planning to be in town that Sunday anyway!

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:10 pm

^ Hey, thanks for calling :wink: I would've called today if anyone didn't by now, but ummmmm..... what exactly was the date change? :? Did it get changed to the 9th or the 11th? The date can't be the 9th because that's the Galaxy date.... :x I almost missed Children of Bodom once because someone changed the date and nobody informed ticketmaster buyers so this seems very real to me

Dragon77

Key Club

Post by Dragon77 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:48 pm

Ok, so who else here is going to the show? It IS on the 9th, not the 10th (just off the line with the club).

I was mistaken before when I said I'd been there - I was thinking of The Knitting Factory.

I really hope the band will do a photo/autograph session at some point - afterall, they don't get over here very often :D

--- Dragon77

Dragon77

Buying Tickets

Post by Dragon77 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:48 pm

Also, if you're going, call the club to buy your tickets! You can save the extra $8-$10+ "service charge" per ticket that TicketMaster charges. The club only charges a $2 service charge for a total of $32 per ticket.

--- Dragon77

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:38 am

Is anybody else going to the Galaxy too? I am going to both :P

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:44 pm

damn it, that's great! I'll come to the states in september for half a year, and I don't have to be upset of missing the tour here in Germany - cuz I'll see them in LA! 8)

Great!!!

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:31 pm

I'll definitely be at the Galaxy show, not sure yet about Key Club.

OK, I thought I cleared up the confusion but apparently not.

The Key Club show, which was originally the 10th of October, will now be on Sunday, the 9th, instead.

The Galaxy show, which was originally the 9th of October, will now be on Monday, the 10th, instead.

Got it? Good.

STRATOPHILIUS

Post by STRATOPHILIUS » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:49 am

Yep good job...you made the explanation simple so theres nothing to be confused about.... :lol:

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:12 am

Thanks. Image

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:45 am

I'm guessing the show will end at ten because it's an all ages show and kids under 18 in California have a ten o' clock curfew.

pherai

Post by pherai » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:25 pm

I plan on going to both! However, I have different friends going with me on different nights. So my question is...

If you have tickets to the show at the Galaxy Theater, do you go to the Key Club instead or do you go the next night to the Galaxy Theater?

STRATOPHILIUS

Post by STRATOPHILIUS » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:33 am

Burning Reflection wrote:I'm guessing the show will end at ten because it's an all ages show and kids under 18 in California have a ten o' clock curfew.

Iv'e been to lots of all ages concerts before and after I was 18 and never have they ended the show early becuase of that....when I saw yngwie last year he played well past 12.....the only show ive ever been to that ended early was a misfits show at the palace and the stupid club managers kicked them off becuase there was kiss fm night after and it caused the show to end way early like in the middle of their set ...needless to say it was so gay

DeceptionMasterMind

were playin that night!

Post by DeceptionMasterMind » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:39 am

Hey were playing this show! contact me for tix! sorry selling tickets sucks ass so we gotta do it somehow sorry moderators :/
deceptionguitarist@sbcglobal.net

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:06 am

If you have tickets to the show at the Galaxy Theater, do you go to the Key Club instead or do you go the next night to the Galaxy Theater?
The tickets will be honored at both shows. In other words, use your Key Club ticket for the Key Club gig. The date reads differently, but both clubs know that and are accepting them. Don't use your Galaxy ticket to get into Key Club!