Cleveland Ohio Show

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Missing_Link
Cleveland Ohio Show

Post by Missing_Link » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:15 pm

I can't wait for Stratovarius to play in Cleveland on the 27th! I'm going with 5 friends and we're driving from the middle of Indiana to get there.

Who else is going to the show in Cleveland???

Aresius

Re: Cleveland Ohio Show

Post by Aresius » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:16 pm

ooo my god there is a topic called " Tour datess""!!!

Holy Light

Post by Holy Light » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:11 am

I made the the same topic. Hopefully I will make it to the show! Btw, who cares if there's a double topic. It's just an internet forum. No harm done.

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:39 pm

Holy Light wrote:Btw, who cares if there's a double topic. It's just an internet forum. No harm done.
Nobody because here is no moderation. If there would have been normal moderation, every double topic would have been locked. :roll:
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:02 pm

IceBreaker wrote:
Holy Light wrote:Btw, who cares if there's a double topic. It's just an internet forum. No harm done.
Nobody because here is no moderation. If there would have been normal moderation, every double topic would have been locked. :roll:
hahah...yea...

Viva Che!!! :lol:

Churrasqueiro Reinassance!!!

shadowedaethyr

Post by shadowedaethyr » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:21 pm

I'd like to go to that concert SO BADLY since I've obviously never seen Stratovarius perform and this is the closest they'll ever be to me EVER.

But I've also never been to a concert in my life! Yeah, that's right. I'm 21 and I haven't went to a concert before. I'm pretty terrified (and so are my parents). Maybe you guys can give me some peace of mind here . . .

- M

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:27 pm

shadowedaethyr wrote:I'd like to go to that concert SO BADLY since I've obviously never seen Stratovarius perform and this is the closest they'll ever be to me EVER.
- M
I wanted to see strato since the infinite tour...that was sold out :? i waited it for so long
Churrasqueiro Reinassance!!!

Aresius

Post by Aresius » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:54 pm

Holy Light wrote:I made the the same topic. Hopefully I will make it to the show! Btw, who cares if there's a double topic. It's just an internet forum. No harm done.
I do

blkhwkbob

Post by blkhwkbob » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:21 am

shadowedaethyr wrote:I'd like to go to that concert SO BADLY since I've obviously never seen Stratovarius perform and this is the closest they'll ever be to me EVER.

But I've also never been to a concert in my life! Yeah, that's right. I'm 21 and I haven't went to a concert before. I'm pretty terrified (and so are my parents). Maybe you guys can give me some peace of mind here . . .

- M
What is there to be terrified about? It's just a couple hundred people getting together to see a band that we all like! There will be plenty of security guards/bouncers around to keep an eye on things, and hopefully there will be no moshing at Strato. If there is, avoid the main floor middle, and stand out of harm's way.

I've been to well over 150 concerts in my life, and never had a problem. Go! There is nothing like live music!

Holy Light

Post by Holy Light » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:36 am

Aresius wrote:
Holy Light wrote:I made the the same topic. Hopefully I will make it to the show! Btw, who cares if there's a double topic. It's just an internet forum. No harm done.
I do
Yeah, I can see how something not very organized could bother yourself and others. I just gave up on caring about it on forums. It is funny though, I made the same topic a day before this one or something? People were going bonkers with Jens Topics on here a while ago (when they found out he was on often). That was a little out of line, although Jens does kick major ass.

I do want to see a major Jens Solo Spot at this show!

zenguitar

Post by zenguitar » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:58 am

I'm gonna be coming down from Erie to the Cleveland show.....along with the rest of the north coast legions....

\m/

-Luc

Missing_Link

Post by Missing_Link » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:22 pm

I'm hoping to see some kick ass solos at the show. Jens and Timo are sooo amazing. Seeing them duel live would be so awesome. I can't wait!

zenguitar

Post by zenguitar » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:53 am

The house of blues in Cleveland doesn't have a big enough floor for moshing really anyway. Not to worry about that. See you all there. \oo/

icedone

Post by icedone » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:42 pm

I will be there.yea HOB is small.I am just kinda nevous about the traffic.last time there almost got side swipped 3 times.Indians are home so traffic will be a pain.To all outta towners just watch your labatt blue intake there cleve cops are known for sober check points.

icedone

Post by icedone » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:54 pm

blkhwkbob is right shadow dont be nervous.I also have seen well over 150 concerts and never had a prob.The thing I noticed is when you goto see bands like strato,dream theater,savatage you get more of a select crowd that knows how to handle themselves plus HOB is small,tons of bouncers,and with the indians playing tomorrow cops everywhere.Yea a solo will be great but I hope they play Phoenix which is in my top 5 songs.

Holy Light

Post by Holy Light » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:59 pm

See you guys there! I'll be wearing all black with a Mercyful Fate Vest if you want to say hello. Hope to see the band too!

Lucid Faia

Post by Lucid Faia » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:45 pm

I'll be in an Iron Maiden shirt and a green overshirt if I see anyone. Have a great time. \m/
A Lucid Mind

axelegend

Post by axelegend » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:24 pm

I'll be there too, along with 3 friends from college. I'm wearing a red/white/black shirt with flames and dragons, so I should be VERY easy to spot. :D

icedone

Post by icedone » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:40 pm

well you get there early u can get by the stage i will have a Iced earth shirt.maybe see ya there

OhMo

Post by OhMo » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:44 pm

Last night's show here in Cleveland was awesome !! Same set of songs - and a great performance... everything that others have said about previous shows apply to this one too. TK was flawless, TT relaxed and so great, Laurie talented and fun, Jens stayed mostly out of the spotlight, Jorge working his ass off ...

at the end of the show - lights on - instruments down, with the band still on stage... no one in the audience moved :) we just wanted to hang on to them a little longer...

My ears are still ringing and my voice is hoarse - but it was so great to finally get to share Strato with the rest of the world. it's a dream come true :D

Lucid Faia

Post by Lucid Faia » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:42 pm

The Cleveland show was incredible. The crowd was intense; we all went nuts for Strato.

My only question is, did Timo Tolkki forget how to play Forever? :lol:
A Lucid Mind

zenguitar

Post by zenguitar » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:08 pm

YES!!!!! the show was incredible and was night that I feared may never come. Watching Tolki play not 15 feet in front of me was something I wont forget (being a guitarist who loves his playing) as well as shaking hands with Timo K.

Hats off to the guys for finally being able to come out and we hope to have it again soon!!!!

Lorri Rules too. Not often do I see a member change in one of my favorite bands without being bummed out. Amazing player!!!!

-Luc

Holy Light

Post by Holy Light » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:58 pm

Excellent show! I still have some hearing loss and might for a few days. I met everyone except Kotipelto. Very nice guys as I expected!

zenguitar

Post by zenguitar » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:42 am

So you didn't HAVE to have a pass to meet them!!! that's great to hear...too bad we didn't have much time to wait (my new job teaching guitar classes at a high school started the next morning..and I wante..no..NEEDED to make my first day a good one....a tough choice!!) ...but it's so great to hear that people who waited out back did get a chance to meet them.

Anyone get pics?

-Luc

Holy Light

Post by Holy Light » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:32 am

I only got one picture with Tolkki. I wish I would have thought to get one with Jens, Jorge and Lauri. I was too caught up with getting some stuff signed and forgot. I was very happy to meet them at the least. I'll put my one picture on my website when it's developed. Huge thanks to Timo Tolkki!

WastedBeerz

Post by WastedBeerz » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:37 pm

Drove up to the show almost 3 hours from Pittsburgh. I have to say, I was NOT disappointed in the least. Strato completely exceeded all expectations. I mean there are a few songs they didn't play that I really wanted to hear, but I'm not complaing about their set whatsoever!!! I can only hope this won't be the last time I can see Strato in the States!!! (yeah, I felt that since I finally saw them live that i'm now worthy to be a member of the forum.... lol :D )
"I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:17 pm

Well, I have not saw them Live, yet&I certainly consider myself worthy to be in this Forum! After all, this isn't a Cult where you have to prove yourself! All you have to bring to the board is yourself&your fanship! :)
And, I knew you were just joking! :lol: I Hope you have a great time posting with us&Welcome to the Board! :)
And, I agree---I hope this is not their only USA tour, but the first of many! :rvd:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Holy Light

Post by Holy Light » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:36 pm

Welcome fellow Pittsburgher!!!

metalmandan

cleveland ohio show

Post by metalmandan » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:10 pm

Hi I drove from Kentucky to see the show in Cleveland. It was awesome. An 8 hour drive well worth it. Stratovarius did not disappoint. They were very tight musically. The crowd was very much into the show and the Strato guys gave us exactly what we wanted. And to Maureen in the balcony--- It was nice meeting you. Enjoyed our chat in the lobby before the show.
i walk to my own song

icedone

Post by icedone » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:41 pm

Strato kicked ass!it just kinda sucked that where I was standing in the beginning (And I hope this was not one of u)I could only see part of the stage because some dude kept blocking my view with the flag.I wound up having to sit in the balcony to see good