Cleveland Ohio Show

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
OhMo
Re: Cleveland Ohio Show

Post by OhMo » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:28 pm

@metalmandan I'm Maureen :) I had a ticket in the balcony, although I only sat there for 30 seconds once Strato started (headed down to center stage) I talked to a few people in the Lobby during that long wait .. so if it is indeed me - hail!

WastedBeerz

Post by WastedBeerz » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:34 pm

icedone wrote:Strato kicked ass!it just kinda sucked that where I was standing in the beginning (And I hope this was not one of u)I could only see part of the stage because some dude kept blocking my view with the flag.I wound up having to sit in the balcony to see good
omg flag dude was pissing me off :x !!! I mean, don't misunderstand, I get along with pretty much anybody, and i thought it was cool that he was supporting the band's country and everything, and even that he held up the flag, but if you're gonna do it almost every every song, please stand farther back as to not obstruct other fans' views.
"I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"

WastedBeerz

Post by WastedBeerz » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:42 pm

Holy Light wrote:Welcome fellow Pittsburgher!!!
Much appreciated... nice to know that there's at least one more huge Stratofan in the area.

browneyedgirl wrote:Well, I have not saw them Live, yet&I certainly consider myself worthy to be in this Forum! After all, this isn't a Cult where you have to prove yourself! All you have to bring to the board is yourself&your fanship! Smile
And, I knew you were just joking! Laughing I Hope you have a great time posting with us&Welcome to the Board! Smile
And, I agree---I hope this is not their only USA tour, but the first of many! Rvd
LOL... yeah, also appreciated, and judging by the fact that the entire band looked like they were having a great time... I am definitely thinking that we'll all get to see 'em again :D

OhMo

Post by OhMo » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:40 pm

@WastedBeer ha ha yeah *flag dude* .... was a bit obnoxious, with or without the flag... but did you notice - TK had that flag in his hand at the end of the show.

icedone

Post by icedone » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:03 pm

yea what also sucked is when I got pissed and went up is when jorg and TT was tossin the sticks around and out in the crowd.Man he just went crazy flippin and tossin those things.I was so glad when jorg finally caught one thrown from backstage.

metalmandan

cleveland ohio show

Post by metalmandan » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:58 am

Hi Oh Mo---- I was there with my fiance. She had bought the tickets for my birthday present. We drove up from KY. If you remember we were talking about the Wacken Fest.
Anyway my fiance and I had a great time and it was really nice meeting everyone there. My first time in Cleveland and I really think it is a very nice city. The people there were very friendly. I will keep an eye out for bands on tour and come back to Cleveland some time to see another show there. I really think HOB is awesome.
Peace.
i walk to my own song

WastedBeerz

Post by WastedBeerz » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:55 am

OhMo wrote:@WastedBeer ha ha yeah *flag dude* .... was a bit obnoxious, with or without the flag... but did you notice - TK had that flag in his hand at the end of the show.
Yeah, well he didn't get a handshake when TK shook everyone's hand... at least that's what my friend told me :lol:

Lucid Faia

Post by Lucid Faia » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:33 pm

\mmmm/
A Lucid Mind

PaPaySmorf

Got to bar hop with "Vodka" Jens and "PaPahSm

Post by PaPaySmorf » Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:09 am

I was at the Cleveland show, and I tellya, it was great. was a great set! I enjoyed the show. I couldnt miss Stratovarius in the states as I wasnt sure if they ever would be back.

but what was such a treat was to hang out after the show and meet all the guys and then later walk to the near by bar and Party with Jens and Lauri.

I hung out after the show near the bus and was able to meet the guys. And I tell you it was a treat to meet them all. they all were very nice guys.
Timo Toikki came out 1st and acknowledged us and then went into the bus (and then would later come out with the others), then Timo Kotipelto came over and signed some autographs and chatted with us (beer in hand :) )
it wasnt long then before Jens, Lauri, and Jorg (and TT) came over and hung out and signed some autographs.
Me and a few others were the only fans left as many were told that the band was not going to come outside to meet anyone. Only a handful of well behaved fans remained. And the band hung out with for a few, chatting and signing. We were delighted to meet them.

It was then outside the bus that a girl and guy (whos names i cant remember as i was already drunk lol) asked the band if they wanted to go to a nearby bar. She said she would buy them all a round.

so, I think Jens and Lauri felt they should honor such a jesture of alcohol virture! ahem lol ...and so the 5 of us (the Girl n Guy, Me and Jens n Lauri) walked a block to a nearby bar and hung out. And I tell you what Jens and Lauri was a Riot! they had me laughin my ass off. both of them had a great sense of humor.

Was hard to remember everything as I was already drunk, Jens and Lauri I believe were catching up with me. We were hangin out at a table bs'ing. It just seemed that everything they said was halarious...just from things they were goofin on..... and i think hearin Lauri's Finnish accent alone was a riot.

.......I remember telling them that Cleveland was in the middle of a Baseball Playoff type race... so being a die hard Tribe fan that i am , it was my civil duty to have Lauri chanting "Gowa INdy-Ans" and after a spell of laughing I told him to yell "Go Tribe" and his strong Finnish Vocal chords had the walls of the bar vibrating with"GoWa TuRiBe!!!!" it was Halarious. ... but Lauri really had me roaring with something else he said (and I dont even know how the conversation started) I wasnt payin attention at the 1st part but all of a sudden Lauri's loud Finnish voice chants out "PahPaySmorf" and I about dropped to the floor... we all were rolling... and i tell you , hearing PapaSmurf in a Strong Finnish accent bout killed me. One of them things you will never hear. lol and it inspired my handle to this forum "PaPahSmorf" lol

we hung out a lil longer, I cannot remember what else we talked about as I was smashed. im sorry i cant remember the other girl and guys name. we then walked back to the bus. and the Guys invited us on the bus. TT and Jorg and others were chilling to some jams and relaxing.
but i dont know if they would want me to say this, but they were jamming to a laptop (I dont know if you all heard a typical laptop) but it wasnt very loud at all. thats all they had for Jams lol ....I told them they needed to get some external speakers. it was just something to poke fun at, and i hope my sense of humor didnt disturb anyone. the Irony caught me.

as we were sitting there Jens broke out a clear glass bottle and said it was time for Vodka (or at least he called it Vodka).
but after already being tore up from the beer I was able to step up to the next level and try Jens Vodka. I have no ideal what it was but after I took a swig but I imagined nail polish remover , it was some strong stuff.
but whatever it was, it got me F'ed up.

we hung out a lil while longer as they had to leave as the bus was leaving for Chicago. It was great to hang out with the band they were such spirited personalities..... from another country.

I will never forget it, ......Lauri's PaPahSmorf chant ....and Jens Vodka (or whatever it was lol)
I hope they dont get mad for telling you all this.

but if you want to hang out with the guys, just hang out after a show after most everyone leaves and when its down to a handful of fans., offer the guys some drinks. but be prepared for Jens "Vodka"!!

Great Night hangin out with such Progressive Metal Talents from Finland

and with Great beerication and some help from Jens "Vodka" I woke up the next afternoon, yes afternoon... 2pm ish, in my car in a nearby Parking Garage , whew got away with that one)

I wont forget it! (atleast what i remember from it anyways ) :)

sorry no pics.

hope to see you guys around again!

Brad Howard

GoWa TuRiBe!!!!

bradman200@yahoo.com

zenguitar

Post by zenguitar » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:57 am

Did anyone get any pics of the show?

-Luc

Holy Light

Post by Holy Light » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:44 am

Whats Up Luc? You were the dude next to me at the concert, right?

zenguitar

Post by zenguitar » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:11 pm

Yep that was me bro..taking Tolkki tones head on.