Key Club Show

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
AMBR@BEC
Re: Key Club Show

Post by AMBR@BEC » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:02 am

Yeah Jens, that was me standing behind you waiting paiently for over 25 minutes while you ate your pizza and totally ignored me.
Well, that sounds really rude. Did you really do that? Ouch!
You speak like he was doing something wrong. Maybe you should've explained to him how you felt instead of being mute about it. You also typed a response to his post that probably took longer than it would've to sign a few people's stuff.
Like how often is Jens suppose to explaine this? Common sense? NO? Still, I've seen many band members, not gonna label by band, that have an outgoing attituted to their fans. More often that not, it's relative to the members. But everyone needs their space. Just something to think about.
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:14 am

Burning Reflection wrote: You speak like he was doing something wrong. Maybe you should've explained to him how you felt instead of being mute about it. You also typed a response to his post that probably took longer than it would've to sign a few people's stuff.
Perhaps it was the "screw you" part that got to me, I don't know.

And I obviously wasn't starving and sitting in the rainbow talking to friends I hadn't seen in 15 years when I typed that.
inventariado wrote: But when there're just a few, looking forward to meet an accesible man, who seems to be really cool, and makes our lives better by playing great music, I think that a single minute of attention should be considered.
Considered.. and on this (somewhat rare) occasion, passed on. There is that food thing especially. I can't explain it. I turn into a monster..

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:09 am

Both parties learned something today:
1: never disturb Jens, when he is eating.
2: the fans are going to wait for you, even if they have to stand for hours.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Asterothe

Post by Asterothe » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:31 am

JensJohansson wrote: There is that food thing especially. I can't explain it. I turn into a monster..

:lol: :laff:

Dragon77

Respect

Post by Dragon77 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:33 pm

Jens:

It wasn't the fact that I waited while you ate - I was giving you that respect because I think, 1) it is deserved and, 2) it is rude to interrupt someone when they're eating. What got me was the complete ignoring of me - a simple momentary acknowledgement of my presence would have sufficed. Even when you were finished eating you didn't acknowledge my presence (even though everyone around you was aware that I was standing there the whole time - and yes, BurningReflection, it was 25 minutes). The fact that you avoided fans at the Santa Ana show as well just shows a complete lack of respect for fans. You really do need to remember that fans are the reason you have a job and money in the bank! Without fans, you are nothing. That kind of attitude does the rest of the band a disservice. You don't have that many fans in North America, and with that kind of attitude you're not going to be making more very fast. As one poster already observed, it took you longer to write that post than it would have to show some fans some attention (and respect). And I'll say it again, why should any fan have loyalty or respect for you, when you show none to fans?

--- Dragon77

Inventariado

Post by Inventariado » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:34 pm

JensJohansson wrote: Considered.. and on this (somewhat rare) occasion, passed on. There is that food thing especially. I can't explain it. I turn into a monster..
Totally understood :)

IMHO, Dragon 77 is taking this a bit way too far. It's clear that there was no intention to be rude. If he comes to this topic and tries to clear up the misundestanding, it means he really cares.
I understand you, Dragon 77, I've been also waiting for Jens for hours, and a 'shake of hands' was a big prize for me. But I can't say "Come to me and don't ignore me because you eat and live because of meeeee"

The truth is somewhere in between... (from "Fading Away" song, The Last Viking)
Mariano

Cristiane

Re: Respect

Post by Cristiane » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:21 pm

Dragon77 wrote: The fact that you avoided fans at the Santa Ana show as well just shows a complete lack of respect for fans. You really do need to remember that fans are the reason you have a job and money in the bank! Without fans, you are nothing.
I understand how upset you are because I'm a fan as well and I'd get really disappointed if one of my idols completely ignored my presence there, but one thing you REALLY should consider - and that's something LOTS of fans forget - is have it came to your mind that he might be really tired? Starving? Stressed because of travelling so much and having no good sleep at all?
I myself understand that because I get unbearable when I'm sleepy and hungry... you should really think about that, because I'm sure none of us -famous or not - don't really like to be bothered in such stressing situation.
Today for example I'm really pissed because I can't sleep for weeks, I’m busy as hell, tired and wasted and luckily my friends realized it and simply left me alone. And I don't need to be a famous person to ask for a bit of respect and privacy.
So I think if you'd like to be treated with respect, you should give it to other people first.
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:36 pm

Dragonfly! Have you not taken up enough space here now? :twisted: I still think you are a selfcentred jerk... :lol:

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:39 pm

:lol: :lol: Sorry I meant troll :lol:

Dragon77

Post by Dragon77 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:46 pm

Stratowarius,

And I think you're an immature twerp, so we're even. You don't like what I have to say, tough, don't read it.

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:59 pm

:lol: :lol: Thank you! I like that TWERP :lol: What do you want to be called more than TROLL?

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:19 pm

Both of you guys pipe down and act like adults!
You just about ruined this thread with your senseless bickering! There is a PM option: USE IT, please!

@Stratowarius, you seem very familiar.....were you once in Koti's forum? ;) And, watch the childish name-calling or YOU will be the one who is warned.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:37 pm

Strato would be nothing without the fans.

The fans even write the songs, press the CD's, market them, organise the tours, and make the pizza for Jens to eat in the Rainbow. Hell, the fans built the Rainbow.

Btw, right now I am a gardener, until the indoors job starts. :D If I make your garden nice and you see me eating pizza in the bar, then you have to let me eat in peace. :lol:
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

Dragon77

Respect

Post by Dragon77 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:54 pm

The bottom line is that bands need to respect their fans as well - if someone is dedicated enough to do something more than just buy your stuff, then you should show respect back to that person - it's not something they *have* to do, anymore than you *have* to greet the "average" fan. You blow off your fans, and your fans will desert you - and I repeat, without fans, you are nothing. I do not blindly bow down in reverence, nor do I expect that in return - but I do expect respect when it is shown. As far as I'm concerned, a band has the same responsibility to its fans as the fans do to it - you expect fans to buy your music, not get it for free (however that is done) - that's asking a lot for many people who are on limited incomes; and in return what is asked of you? A moment of your time? A signature on a valued item? You know, there are a LOT of bands who know the value of fans (regardless of crowd size) - I'm sorry that Strato has apparently become too big for its fans now.

cliff

Post by cliff » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:02 pm

Dragon77 wrote:(...) that bands need to respect their fans as well - if someone is (...)you should show respect back to that person (..)I do expect respect when it is shown. (...) you expect fans to buy your music(...)You know, there are a LOT of bands who know the value of fans (regardless of crowd size)
Well you forget something : if you want someone to respect you, you HAVE to respect this person too. And sorry, but from everything you wrote on this forum, I don't see how you really respect the musicians, or even people in general.
<b>This is wrong</b>

Witchmaster

Post by Witchmaster » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:51 pm

Dragon77 wrote:The bottom line is that bands need to respect their fans as well - if someone is dedicated enough to do something more than just buy your stuff, then you should show respect back to that person - it's not something they *have* to do, anymore than you *have* to greet the "average" fan. You blow off your fans, and your fans will desert you - and I repeat, without fans, you are nothing. I do not blindly bow down in reverence, nor do I expect that in return - but I do expect respect when it is shown. As far as I'm concerned, a band has the same responsibility to its fans as the fans do to it - you expect fans to buy your music, not get it for free (however that is done) - that's asking a lot for many people who are on limited incomes; and in return what is asked of you? A moment of your time? A signature on a valued item? You know, there are a LOT of bands who know the value of fans (regardless of crowd size) - I'm sorry that Strato has apparently become too big for its fans now.
It's too funny......... just like I predicted... he's back with what he thinks is a snappy response, and he didn't read or understand a word.

What a fucking moron.

Go away, troll.

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:22 pm

The problem is, that YOU have a problem, and then you tell it, as if it was everyone's problem, and if Jens was an asshole, and if he didn't care for fans. If he did not care about you, it's one from a hundred. He still cares for fans, but this time he wasn't in a mood to care about his fans. He is a human being as you and me are. You must accept it.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

elvenrhapsody

Post by elvenrhapsody » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:25 pm

(__!__)
o o
L
/----\

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:51 am

Well...if jens had 2 heads, 4 arms...maybe he could pay attention in everybody and eat pizza as well.

Look dude, wtf? he was busy, as you're busy sometimes to eat, drink or even piss on the bathroom...i guess that he needs some privacity sometimes.

Well...we're the fans and he's a normal person...not jesus to bless each person in the bar...he didnt signed your DVD? well...job done, if you didnt liked, well...tastes and oppinions are like arses...each one have yours.

Jens is a fucking cool guy, one of the most cool guys that i ever met, not this asshole that you described. then dude, give respect and you'll get it in the same level.

fuck man...screw a person that couldnt pay attention to you in a night is uncool and its a lack of respect, damn...write that you're upset is a thing...its ok but "aaaahh...i SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWW YOUUU BLEAAARRRGHHH*norwegian black metal guturals* you didnt took pics and didnt signed my ass cheeks!" thats wrong man...really fucking wrong.

I agree with cliff and criss...the best replies of this topic.

And Jens was cool to came here and reply and explain all the situation, if were anyone musician, he would say fuck off and wont care about it... right?
Churrasqueiro Reinassance!!!

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:47 am

Witchmaster wrote:
Dragon77 wrote:I'm sorry that Strato has apparently become too big for its fans now.
It's too funny......... just like I predicted... he's back with what he thinks is a snappy response, and he didn't read or understand a word.

What a fucking moron.
I agree with you partly. I also could say this is going too much same way like some time ago when the Canadian keysplayer from the fired opening act band was pissed. :?

I´m sorry Dragon that you have apparently become too selfish person. :huh:
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:42 am

Stratowarius wrote:Sorry Dragontroll! I have exams comimg up so I cant give you more of my time for now. A little advice however.Stop your nagging and whining and order all Stratos records and shirts and have a nice day. You can also talk to aunt browney. She understands you... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, you are so Arrogant, aren't you?
You are
a Sorry no-good troll yourself. I believe you are just one of FifthTea's accounts that the Administrator did not get rid of.

The 'ol "Gang up&Bash Routine". How damned Childish can you get? :roll:

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Lilith

Post by Lilith » Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:35 am

Dragon77 wrote:The bottom line is that bands need to respect their fans as well - if someone - you expect fans to buy your music, not get it for free (however that is done) - that's asking a lot for many people who are on limited incomes; and in return what is asked of you?
the music?

SETH

Post by SETH » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:22 am

Stratowarius wrote:Sorry Dragontroll! I have exams comimg up so I cant give you more of my time for now. A little advice however.Stop your nagging and whining and order all Stratos records and shirts and have a nice day. You can also talk to aunt browney. She understands you... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lay off the insults about my mother. She is a better person than somebody like you would ever dream of being. You do not even know her. So take your snide, idiotic comments elsewhere. And you better believe she is a StratoFan. Too much for her ultimate good, in fact, I think. So mind your own business and keep to the topic presented.
Who are you really, anyway?

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:53 am

You guys are giving this crap way too much attention! There are really good reviews on this board and you want to butt in on this Infinitesimal ordeal. And for those talking shit about Dragon, why don't you shut the fuck up? I don't give a shit if you had a good experience with Jens, you WEREN"T THERE when this happened and you have no clue what's going on. This situation was different from yours. He has his own opinion so get your nose out of Jens' ass and realize that this isn't about you.

Lilith

Post by Lilith » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:59 am

Burning Reflection wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:I have no idea who cancelled your post, and that is (remarkably) as it should be! :)

I'll respond to it nevertheless.. you wrote:

I'll say this again: you pay the ticket price, you get to see and hear the band perform. That is the deal with concerts. Doesn't matter if you drive 3 km, 700 km, or if you teleport from Earth's moon. Anything else is OPTIONAL.

I usually try my best to sign autographs etc, but if I didn't eat all day, then all bets are off. And if I'm sitting and talking to friends I haven't met for fifteen years in the great Rainbow, well then fuck me, all bets happen to be off as well. But to be sure.. nothing pisses me off more than people I never met before asking for autographs or attention when I am eating. I don't know why. It's just something i was born with.

I do invite disussions about this topic, so whoever it was deleting the post, don't bother! I don't feel bad IN THE SLIGHTEST about eating pizza and drinking long island iced teas instead of signing autographs. That is MY OWN TIME and I am allowed do whatever the fuck I want with it. The fact that you happened to see me do it doesn't entitle you to anything.
You speak like he was doing something wrong. Maybe you should've explained to him how you felt instead of being mute about it. You also typed a response to his post that probably took longer than it would've to sign a few people's stuff.
objective opinion:

an IDIOT comes with a bunch of insults and demanding something from someone without ANY right in the world, and you say he's not doing something wrong? Then you QUESTION Jens for answering with anger, in a POLITE way in my opinion, considering what any of us would have answered in his position...ha, give me a break...the thing is, Jens (and any person in the world) does whatever the fuck he wants with his free time.

subjective opinion:

this guy is an idiot just for having insulted him.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:02 am

Burning Reflection wrote:You guys are giving this crap way too much attention! There are really good reviews on this board and you want to butt in on this Infinitesimal ordeal. And for those talking shit about Dragon, why don't you shut the fuck up? I don't give a shit if you had a good experience with Jens, you WEREN"T THERE when this happened and you have no clue what's going on. This situation was different from yours. He has his own opinion so get your nose out of Jens' ass and realize that this isn't about you.
AMEN! FINALLY a Neutral person with Common level-headed, none-blinded sense!
Thank you!
Jens settled this on the first page&people kept throwing their 2 cents into it.
Its over.

And, face it--its true whether you like the idea/truth or not: Without fans, Bands ARE doomed. No fans=no bands. Ask any one-hit wonder band about it. Case closed. Oh, whats the use. :?

Lilith

Post by Lilith » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:06 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
Burning Reflection wrote:You guys are giving this crap way too much attention! There are really good reviews on this board and you want to butt in on this Infinitesimal ordeal. And for those talking shit about Dragon, why don't you shut the fuck up? I don't give a shit if you had a good experience with Jens, you WEREN"T THERE when this happened and you have no clue what's going on. This situation was different from yours. He has his own opinion so get your nose out of Jens' ass and realize that this isn't about you.
AMEN! FINALLY a Neutral person with Common level-headed, none-blinded sense!
Thank you!
Jens settled this on the first page&people kept throwing their 2 cents into it.
Its over.
:lol:

you're right :)

but you know, stuff like this make my blood burrrnnnn!!!!! ARGHH!!

ok, it's over...

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:13 am

Now I better get my steel helmet&prepare to get bashed. :lol: Then, Vic will get pissed again&show his ass defending me. :lol: But, at least there is some life injected into this forum with a good argument--if people would just keep it clean with no shit-slinging. But, it always gravitates to that at some point. :(

Witchmaster

Post by Witchmaster » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:42 am

browneyedgirl wrote:AMEN! FINALLY a Neutral person with Common level-headed, none-blinded sense! Thank you! Jens settled this on the first page&people kept throwing their 2 cents into it. Its over.
And, face it--its true whether you like the idea/truth or not: Without fans, Bands ARE doomed. No fans=no bands. Ask any one-hit wonder band about it. Case closed. Oh, whats the use. :?
Doesn't give the fans the right to be rude assholes.

If I walk in to a restaurant, sure if I pay for a meal I expect to get polite service, and food. It doesn't mean that I have a right to fondle a waitress' tits or demand having her come to my house and serve me drinks..

Some people are just selfish jerks.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:03 am

Witchmaster wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:AMEN! FINALLY a Neutral person with Common level-headed, none-blinded sense! Thank you! Jens settled this on the first page&people kept throwing their 2 cents into it. Its over.
Doesn't give the fans the right to be rude assholes.

If I walk in to a restaurant, sure if I pay for a meal I expect to get polite service, and food. It doesn't mean that I have a right to fondle a waitress' tits or demand having her come to my house and serve me drinks..

Some people are just selfish jerks.
A weird comparison :red: but I agree with that, too. Its just alot of things to consider all around. There is a time&place for everything. Some fans get understandably confused when they see some getting more attention than others, or have the luck to obtain time, and other fun with a band while others don't. And, bashers, its NOT jealousy. I won't take the time to explain--its not worth it&it would do no good anyway! :)
But, the point is, Jens settled this on the first page&here we are still debating it all. :roll: