No offense but...

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Nightelf
No offense but...

Post by Nightelf » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:38 am

Maniac Dance's intro sound a lot like the song that represented Sweden in the eurovsion song contest last year

anyway, its a great song ;)

browneyedgirl

Re: No offense but...

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:54 am

I like Maniac Dance, too! It's my personal favorite from the album!
Followed by Back to Madness&ZofP.

The Intro of Black Diamond sounds like MegaDs Intro to the album "Killing is my Business" but, so what?
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Paula

Post by Paula » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:26 pm

Talking about familiar things:

Just Carry On reminds me of Hold On To Your Dream. Maybe that's the reason why that song is one of my favorites of that album :wink:

Paula
...Patience...Virtue...Identity...Soul...

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:54 pm

Hold On To Your Dream also has the same sorta riff to Paradise, so does Just Carry On remind you of this too? :)
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

STRATOPHILIUS

Post by STRATOPHILIUS » Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:07 pm

I totally agree if you write over 150 songs in the same style of music tere is bound to be some songs that have similar parts....does this make these songs any less??...heck no....its what makes these songs complete and badass.... :) :)

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:17 pm

Well, its Tolkki composing them, and he has his own style, which is reflected in his songs, i am amazed he can change it so much, but some songs sounding like others is unavoidable
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Paula

Post by Paula » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:24 pm

It's more the chorus of Just Carry On which reminds me of Hold On To Your Dream Musically but also lyrically.
And no, those similarities don't make the songs any less :wink: Hell, Timo wrote songs for about 15 albums now (incl. his solos)... it still amazes me where he got all that inspiration from! :)

Paula
...Patience...Virtue...Identity...Soul...

soulforged the secon

Post by soulforged the secon » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:29 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:I like Maniac Dance, too! It's my personal favorite from the album!
Followed by Back to Madness&ZofP.

The Intro of Black Diamond sounds like MegaDs Intro to the album "Killing is my Business" but, so what?
yeah it's a bit different to sound like megadeth than to sound like a pop shit song....

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:47 am

Paula wrote:It's more the chorus of Just Carry On which reminds me of Hold On To Your Dream Musically but also lyrically.
And no, those similarities don't make the songs any less :wink:
Still (100% IMHO) Hold On to Your Dream is much better than Just Carry On and is one of the best songs in Dreamspace and "You´ll Reach the Final Bend" is perhaps the worst song on the new album. Though I like both albums much. :wink:
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

gerr

yeah

Post by gerr » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:17 am

There is a song on the new album that has same riffs and at times its equal to Alpha & Omega, I think is just carry on, check it you'll see

Pikkusielu

Post by Pikkusielu » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:03 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:The Intro of Black Diamond sounds like MegaDs Intro to the album "Killing is my Business" but, so what?
Not really, if you mean Last Rites/Loved To Death. Actually the intro of LR/LtD is a variation of (Toccata &) Fugue by Johann Sebastian Bach.