Jens Johansson

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Gustavo
Jens Johansson

Post by Gustavo » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:45 pm

Jens Johansson is the master of all keyboardist in this world. I just got a DVD from Yngwie (Yngwie Malmsteen, Warner Bros. Classics) teaching some of his licks. Jens Johansson appear in the scene with an amizing hairstyle, playing like crazy the keyboard, I don't know how young he was at that time but he was already an incredible player. Timo Tolkki is lucky to have Jens Johansson in the band.

Jens johansson if you are there I want to tell you thank you for practicing so much during the years to become what you are now, it is a privilage to have a musician like you between us. Like Jorg Michael said, Stratovarius would not be togheter anymore without you.

I saw you in the concert in Springfield Virginia (the first Stratovarius show in the United States, because the one in Georgia Atlanta doesn't count because it was a festival). You repair that broken keyboard in five minutes in from of us between the bass solo from Lauri Porra. You play like hell and heaven.

Please help tolkki to create more music like you did with your song "The Glory Of The World" from the Infinite Album, one of my favorites in the Stratovarius career, also push him to compose more orquestrated arrangements in the albums like in "Soul Of A Vagabond" from Elements Pt. 1 Album and also said to Kotipelto that we want more high pitch voices like in "Eternity" from Episode Album, which is the best Stratovarius song ever.

Just watch the new DVD from Yngwie (Yngwie Johann Malmsteen With The New Japan Philharmonic - Concerto Suite For Electric Guitar And Orchestra In E Flat Minor), that's what music is about. Thank you very much, your loyal fan:
Gustavo Avilés

gerr

Re: Jens Johansson

Post by gerr » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:48 pm

Yea Jens is the best keyboard player all over the world, I and we all love his solos, and he fuking knows how to improvize, he improvizes alot and he does it fuking well all his solos are different live and its amazing to see all of his fingers in front of you moving fastly and creating a great melody, he composes solos on every gig, I think he could compose a song like glory of the world every day(its my fav strato song) and stratovarius, well and tolkki should let jens compose more songs for stratovarius, because jens's compositions are very strato-like, tolkki-like so it would sound different froms trato but we could have fresh new compositions like it was glory of the world

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:48 pm

*coughVadimPruzhanovcough*
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:10 pm

htcdude wrote:*coughVadimPruzhanovcough*
PUKEvadimPUKE :D
Churrasqueiro Reinassance!!!

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:07 pm

Vadim is not even close to Jens. What did he do, that makes you think, that he is better?
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:24 pm

:shock: Who the hell is Vadim? Or what? A russian car ?

Stratobanger

Post by Stratobanger » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:36 pm

He is the keyboard player from Dragonforce

Anyway...Jens is a lot better than Vadim

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:37 pm

No fucking contest at all, Vlad can't play worth a damn next to Jens!
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:19 pm

Jens is the best keyboardplayer without any doubt!

Another key player who is quite great is Janne Warmen!
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:26 pm

Htc really loves Dragonforce :roll:

Anyway I like Jens's playing and humour... Even I'm not so big friend of keyboards (I like more that there are two or more guitarists in the band and not keyboardist). He is the genius...

His best solos and playing parts comes in Visions and Destiny albums (I can't still understand how underrated Rebel is) IMHO.

Elazul

Post by Elazul » Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:03 am

Jens is the king :headbang:
He is the fastest Metal-Keyboard-Player in the whole fu**ing world.
He is also one of the fewest keyboard-players who can put his emotions into his instrument.
And his humour is definitely unrepeatable :)

Shaolin Phantom

Post by Shaolin Phantom » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:09 am

Vadim is simply awful. Cheesy, horrible, horrible, horrible.. crap crap crap crap crap. He has not an ounce of musical talent.
Stand before it - there is no beginning.
Follow it and there is no end.
Stay with the Tao, Move with the present.

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:45 pm

Does Vadim even play any solos?
Akkor is van még remény,

- Mark Swanson -

NordicStorm

Post by NordicStorm » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:50 pm

Vitalij Kuprij and André Andersen are no hacks either...
Give me liberty, or give me cake!

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:38 pm

Elazul wrote:Jens is the king :headbang:
He is also one of the fewest keyboard-players who can put his emotions into his instrument.
Elazel said it better than I can, so I'll quote. :D
The future is bright, and there's hope in the air,
Together we're singing, together we care.

Miguel_Ricardo

Post by Miguel_Ricardo » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:41 am

heh, It's surelly good to be Jens and see what people think about him :P

nepi

Post by nepi » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:52 am

Jens plays better than Vladim, I support that! You can compare the guitar of these bands too: Tolkki plays much better than Herman Li. DF plays every song in a high speed tempo and Strato (Tolkki) changes the speed every song and in the songs too -> more variety!
Same to the keys of these bands
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

Ikola

Post by Ikola » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:48 am

Jens plays better than vadim, and vadim sings false when doing back-up vocals. jens know his limits and just don't sing backup-vocals :lol:

Hell Jens is fast, I tried to play some stuff on my mini-synth and it was impossible....

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:37 am

Fireblade wrote:
Elazul wrote:Jens is the king :headbang:
Elazul said it better than I can, so I'll quote. :D
I quote too, as I think also these same things about Jens. Except an addition that he is totally incredible player. Just listen his work on Glory of the World or Sonata´s The Cage for example. 8) His sense of humour is really special. :lol:

Someone mentioned here Janne Wi/arman. He is fast, but I think he has a bad lack of variety in his playing. The most solos I´ve heard sounds actually very similar. I´d say ex-Sonata/Wingdom keysplayer Mikko Härkin is more better than Janne though Mikko said me when I met him that Janne is very great and he´s just a poor fan&copy of Jens. :P :wink:
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Shaolin Phantom

Post by Shaolin Phantom » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:42 am

IceBreaker wrote:I quote too, as I think also these same things about Jens. Except an addition that he is totally incredible player. Just listen his work on Glory of the World or Sonata´s The Cage for example. 8) His sense of humour is really special. :lol:

Someone mentioned here Janne Wi/arman. He is fast, but I think he has a bad lack of variety in his playing. The most solos I´ve heard sounds actually very similar. I´d say ex-Sonata/Wingdom keysplayer Mikko Härkin is more better than Janne though Mikko said me when I met him that Janne is very great and he´s just a poor fan&copy of Jens. :P :wink:
Wirman and Harkin are the same school as Jens, but not by any means as cool sounding when it comes to solos. Jens is simply fearsome, there is absolutely nobody that can touch him, not only the metal stuff.. when it coes to soloing he is true genius. If you listen to the solos on Elements 1 and 2 or that solo record "Fission" all of them are packed with so much coolness that your head simpy spins. There is a bonus track from Fission somewhere on the net which has a 5 minutes something long keyboard solo on it. Listen to that, it's completely mindboggling. He never really plays that fast, but the flow.. the tone.. and the richness of ideas make him COMPLETELY unique.. and that's just in those 5 minutes.. on one friggin solo.. which didn't even make it onto the record. It's the kind of level of musicianship that Wirman or Harkin will never attain, because you're either born a genius or you are not. In the case of Vadim I honestly should not comment, he and his whole band suck so badly that I am loath to even consider them to be musicians, they are nothing but bunch of really dumb alcholics with instruments and a record deal.

It's the song (bonus track, forget what it is called) that also has 5 minutes of Shane Lane playing a long solo, in some odd meter. Listen to that, and listen carefully, listen at half speed even, and once it dawns on you what is going on, both when Shane is playing and when Jens is playing.. your head will start to explode.

EDIT: oh and i forgot to mention.... Jens can pull it off live as well. I saw Strato at progpower and every solo he did was friggin mind blowing. And not any of them had anything to do with what is on the records.. so he obviosuly just pulls them out of his hat full of keyboard solos.
Stand before it - there is no beginning.
Follow it and there is no end.
Stay with the Tao, Move with the present.

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:55 pm

:P Well said Shaolin

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:36 pm

Yeah, the solos in Vienna and in Budapest were diofferent, but both sounded very cool and fitting to the songs. Just amazing.
Akkor is van még remény,

- Mark Swanson -

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:30 pm

Beast_Pete wrote:Does Vadim even play any solos?
Every gig.

I don't know why, i prefer Vadim's cheesey style.
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

Reroute2Remain

Post by Reroute2Remain » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:06 pm

Since it's a Jens thread look what Hammerfall posted on their site
We had a fantastic five weeks on the road with Stratovarius! Thank you Timo, Timo, Jörg, Lauri and especially Jens, I will miss all of you guys tremendously!
http://www.hammerfall.net/main.html

:lol: Awwwwww... EVERYBODY LOVES JENS!!!!!!

Oh by the way the dragonforce guys are known for being total assholes. I have an easier time with that childish shit if people can back it up by playing well.. *cough*yngwie*cough* ..... it's not so funny if all you are is a musical joke

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:11 pm

Well that's your opinion...i bet they could still play better than you :D

Reroute2Remain

Post by Reroute2Remain » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:05 pm

htcdude wrote:Well that's your opinion...i bet they could still play better than you :D
Maybe, but who cares if they could play better than me? :lol: They are terrible compared to any other band at their level of fame. And they really suck compared to the bands whose success they are trying to emulate.
And ....... thats just the music. Rumor has it they are arrogant people on top of that.. just great :lol:

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:55 pm

Yeah, even the securities in Vienna. :lol:
Akkor is van még remény,

- Mark Swanson -

Miguel_Ricardo

Post by Miguel_Ricardo » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:06 am

Did you noticed that Gustavo, the starter of this live thread did a post and run thingie? hahhahahahha

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:55 pm

Reroute2Remain wrote:Since it's a Jens thread look what Hammerfall posted on their site
We had a fantastic five weeks on the road with Stratovarius! Thank you Timo, Timo, Jörg, Lauri and especially Jens, I will miss all of you guys tremendously!
http://www.hammerfall.net/main.html

:lol: Awwwwww... EVERYBODY LOVES JENS!!!!!!

Oh by the way the dragonforce guys are known for being total assholes. I have an easier time with that childish shit if people can back it up by playing well.. *cough*yngwie*cough* ..... it's not so funny if all you are is a musical joke
They are? I've met them a few times at various hangouts here in London and they seemed very chilled out, down to earth guys who were genuinely friendly.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

NordicStorm

Post by NordicStorm » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:50 pm

htcdude wrote:Well that's your opinion...i bet they could still play better than you :D
Yeah, and William Hung is a better singer than I am.

Doesn't mean he doesn't suck, though.
Give me liberty, or give me cake!