The next Album

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Freedom Fighter
The next Album

Post by Freedom Fighter » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:11 pm

What do you think about the next strato album? In the Tolkki forum he says: "With Strato we will enter in the studio in April". What do yo want to hear? Something new? Fast orchestal songs? Maniac Dance type?
Don't give in to the hopelesness
Keep the innocence in your heart
And the end before your start
Be the warrior of the light
Don't give up without a fight

metalman

Re: The next Album

Post by metalman » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:25 pm

Maybe more songs like Fight!!!, quite fast but still heavy.
Actually I dont care what kind of music they do, I will always like it. :)

Drakkar83

Post by Drakkar83 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:41 pm

Freedom Fighter wrote:Fast orchestal songs?
:evil: yes :twisted:

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:14 pm

Utlra hyper fucking fast songs, that are about 10 times faster than the speed of light. :evil:
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:46 pm

I think I posted some time ago to one thread that I´d like to hear fast or quite fast songs too and some heavy epic stuff but I´d rather leave the double-bass away again. Or there should be double-bass only 1-2 songs. Also I´d like to hear more keyboardsolos than just two. 8)
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:55 pm

ultra fast orchestral songs!!!! :uzi:

i want more speed of light, legions, fight, stratofortress, will the sun rise!!
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

STRATOPHILIUS

Post by STRATOPHILIUS » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:13 am

I want Episode II ....lol....the perfect album.....need another ablum like that :) :) :)

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:21 pm

if they can find a perfect balance between "stratovarius" / "fourth dimension" / "visions" then we can expect a great album.
A9

CottonCandy

Post by CottonCandy » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:53 am

Epics like Visions, Destiny, Infinity

Also, faster yet meaningful songs.
Black Diamond comes to mind, Galaxies&Forever Free.
http://www.sarini.net/archives/000271.html

I chose CottonCandy as my nick 'cause I'm sweet, soft, and pink!

Being "in the know" is not necessarily a good thing. ;)

AgentC

Post by AgentC » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:05 am

If they're tired of doublebassdrum passages, I hope they write at least one fast single BD song a'la Maiden or Priest with kickass guitar riffs ;)

And yes, an epic with multiple parts in the oldfashioned way, not just something with a long instrumental outro, would be nice to hear.

nepi

Post by nepi » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:21 am

It really doesn't matter how the output will sound - I will love it anyway.

They shall make a great songs - they compose it anyway....

But first I want to have the Strato-DVD which had been released in September 2005!!!
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

WastedBeerz

Post by WastedBeerz » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:51 am

Hmm... new album... I think it should be a cross between Stratovarius and Visions... with some new elements added, obviously. And a lot of people are going to blast me for this, but I've always thought that Strato should do a cover of a Journey song, maybe as a bonus track or something. "Separate Ways", "Escape", "Wheel In The Sky", and "Edge Of The Blade" definitely come to mind as the best choices. And while on the subject of cover songs, why haven't they yet covered any Maiden on disc?!?!?!?! To me, it's a no-brainer!!!!
"I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:16 am

I'd like to see a return to the Epics, but I know I'd like it any way. There are always good&less good songs on every album. :)

What DVD in September? Wasn't that cancelled? ???
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

STRATOPHILIUS

Post by STRATOPHILIUS » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:23 am

WastedBeerz wrote:Hmm... new album... I think it should be a cross between Stratovarius and Visions... with some new elements added, obviously. And a lot of people are going to blast me for this, but I've always thought that Strato should do a cover of a Journey song, maybe as a bonus track or something. "Separate Ways", "Escape", "Wheel In The Sky", and "Edge Of The Blade" definitely come to mind as the best choices. And while on the subject of cover songs, why haven't they yet covered any Maiden on disc?!?!?!?! To me, it's a no-brainer!!!!

well I like journey too and it might be pretty cool to hear them cover a journey song...

MaFiaBoY

Post by MaFiaBoY » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:29 am

Some more prog-ish stuff like in TT, DS or 4D !
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:57 am

STRATOPHILIUS wrote:I want Episode II ....lol....the perfect album.....need another ablum like that :) :) :)
Exactly. :)

A Destiny II would also be great. :)
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:43 am

Freedom Fighter wrote:What do you think about the next strato album? In the Tolkki forum he says: "With Strato we will enter in the studio in April". What do yo want to hear? Something new? Fast orchestal songs? Maniac Dance type?
I would like to hear great heavy songs. I think it could be a real pity for Jörg Michael not to use his double-bass, at least one time again. So, I wish Stratovarius will compose and record some fast songs...
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:31 pm

Wait and see...It will be a surprise... 8)
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:32 pm

Patricia wrote:Wait and see...It will be a surprise... 8)
:shock: Now THATS Scary! :D
Because that is what Jens said about the last Stratovarius album! :D ;)

And..........it was a good surprise! :)

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:14 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
Patricia wrote:Wait and see...It will be a surprise... 8)
:shock: Now THATS Scary! :D
Because that is what Jens said about the last Stratovarius album! :D ;)

And..........it was a good surprise! :)

Awww, really??? :D
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:05 am

Well, for me it was a surprise, because everyone said, that it was really heavy and not stratolike... and it wasn't as heavy as I thought it would be, and it is doch stratolike. :)

About new album: a long epic title song is what I need. And combos like Episode - Speed of Light, Tomorrow - Night Time Eclipse etc. An instrumental stratosomething would be cool too. And an ultrafast kick ass song like Speed of Light or Learning to Fly.

But we will see, we will... :)
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Dave

Post by Dave » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:35 am

you're right, B_P.

Götterdämmerung could have been such a good song..
Spamming is serious business!

WastedBeerz

Post by WastedBeerz » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:03 am

I still don't understand all of the negative responses to "Stratovarius", I think it's an amazing album... an album of "rockers" they needed to make... an album which has the true spirit of rock'n roll with the Stratovarius edge!!! So yes... I stand by my position... a combo of "Stratovarius" and "Visions" would be quite nice indeed...!!!
"I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:47 am

WastedBeerz wrote:I still don't understand all of the negative responses to "Stratovarius", I think it's an amazing album... an album of "rockers" they needed to make... an album which has the true spirit of rock'n roll with the Stratovarius edge!!! So yes... I stand by my position... a combo of "Stratovarius" and "Visions" would be quite nice indeed...!!!
i do not think there is a general negative response to Stratovarius, just a crave for the older albums, i myself love it to death. a heavier episode or just heavy and headbanging melodic songs are what i want
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

one

Post by one » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:17 am

It would be superb to hear new masterpieces like Destiny and Visions (whole albums, specially the title tracks) Of course new album has to be always different from latest, but i think its going to right direction again (I didn't like so much of the Elements, though they have some good moments, and can be consired as good anytime :) )

Let's wait and hear! :D
Every man dies, not every man really lives.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:40 pm

Dave wrote:you're right, B_P.

Götterdämmerung could have been such a good song..

Could have? :err: IMO, it was one of the best on the album-but, I see what you mean. ZoP could have easily expanded to a longer Epic-style song. I know I sound like a stuck record, but I hope on the next album there are at least 2 Epics on it--songs about 9 minutes long, I mean, with symphonics&all.

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:56 pm

IMO Götterdämmerung was the best track from new album (even it was waaaaaaaaay too long) and there really was some classical strato elements from many years older albums... So the new album was some kind of resurrection, but sadly just few songs were really good...

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:53 pm

browneyedgirl wrote: but I hope on the next album there are at least 2 Epics on it--songs about 9 minutes long, I mean, with symphonics&all.
Talking about the symphonics on epic songs, I bet there will never come this type songs in the future. As we should remember what Kotipelto has said in his interviews, he really hates the symphonic stuff and won´t hope Strato doing these kind of songs anymore. Otherwise he could leave again or hadn´t even have come back. :roll:
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Neferte

Post by Neferte » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:21 am

Talking about the symphonics on epic songs, I bet there will never come this type songs in the future. As we should remember what Kotipelto has said in his interviews, he really hates the symphonic stuff and won´t hope Strato doing these kind of songs anymore. Otherwise he could leave again or hadn´t even have come back.
Exactly. Do you want to keep Kotipelto in the band? Ok, so no more symphonic songs...! Besides, remember what Tolkki said once: "The old Stratovarius is dead..." They aren't planning to return to that style... anymore. But keep in mind that it's almost impossible to change completely a style you have been working on in a blink of an eye! Kotipelto has mentioned that almost all the songs from the new album could fit on the previous... :roll:
Angels will cry
and the moon will disappear
the sun slowly dies
we'll be fading to the dark, so I fear...

Nightmare1z

Post by Nightmare1z » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:20 am

I don't think the new album was bad, just too many forgetable songs. United and Maniac Dance were the highlights for me. United for it being an awesome midtempo number and Maniac Dance for just being in your face and different for them.

I also really like The Land of Ice and Snow. However, many of the other songs just aren't as catchy as other albums - hence why I don't really listen to the album all the way through.

I say let Tolkki write what he wants. Let Jens write a song too like "Run Away".

To me, 'Stratovarius' could have passed for a Kotipelto solo album (since his last one was so basic and simple for most of the songs).

Plus - my biggest complaint - PUT MORE THAN 9 SONGS ON THE ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tolkki talks about how easy and fast it is for him to write songs, well it shouldn't be too hard to have an 80 minute long album for them