Stratovarius 2006 - What's going on??

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
stratohawk
Stratovarius 2006 - What's going on??

Post by stratohawk » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:58 am

I wonder what's going on with the band. The homepage isn't updated since two months, the band's playing only a small couple of festivals, ...
They once said they are recording a new album later this year, but in an interview (was it Jörg?) I read that they have absolutely no material and that there won't be a new album very soon.
What about the DVD? We are waiting for it so long. No news. That's a little bit sad. I hope they get active again, soon. In fact I don't expect them to record a new album too soon, as we know, this could affect the quality. :wink: But at least some signs of life...

Stratoviking

Re: Stratovarius 2006 - What's going on??

Post by Stratoviking » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:15 pm

I agree that I miss the updates I dont understand why they cant writes some words for the fans. And the dvd thing I really want to see that dvd but nothing seems to happen with it. Maybe I sound negative, but I think it is very boring when we dont know whats happening. I love Stratovarius and I will keep on listning to them whatever happens!!

cheers and beers/// Magnus

Strato4ever

Post by Strato4ever » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:20 pm

Now, who needs those "Hey, we've been doing some shows and it has felt really great to be back on the road again! C'Ya!" -"news"? I don't, that's for sure. And of course the DVD is delayed, as the band keeps doing gigs almost constantly, so when they would have time to edit / mix / etc. it? The same goes for the next album as well, just no time.

Let's just trust our webmaster guys that they will write news when there is something to write about :)
Each funeral just makes
us realize, that life's
but a series of goodbyes.

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:28 pm

NOTE!

Kotipelto gave some hints on his guestbook few days ago, unfortunately only in Finnish.

He said the next Strato album is getting its shape when Tolkki gets the songs ready. He also mentioned that Tolkki has stated again that he wants to write all the songs. :!: So if we trust TK, there won´t be any songs written by Kotipelto, Jens or Lauri on the next Strato-album...
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:39 pm

IceBreaker wrote:So if we trust TK, there won´t be any songs written by Kotipelto, Jens or Lauri on the next Strato-album...
And I'm quite sure that also Jörg doesn't write songs for upcoming album :)
However, it would have been nice to see some new strato songs made by Kotipelto... material could be more slower and more hard rock stuff (even as some of you know, Kotipelto said something like he is going to make some kind of hard rock songs for his new solo album)

Maniac

Post by Maniac » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:19 pm

Not the best news to read about Strato... :?

heavydolphin

Post by heavydolphin » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:27 pm

If you´d like at least some new material in form of photos, you might check http://www.stratovarius.de, as I´ve been lucky enough to see the guys in Italy and Germany recently :)

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:45 pm

IceBreaker wrote:NOTE!

Kotipelto gave some hints on his guestbook few days ago, unfortunately only in Finnish.

He said the next Strato album is getting its shape when Tolkki gets the songs ready. He also mentioned that Tolkki has stated again that he wants to write all the songs. :!: So if we trust TK, there won´t be any songs written by Kotipelto, Jens or Lauri on the next Strato-album...
As Stratofanius said, it would be nice to have some new material strato stuff made by TK or even the other guys. :)

But why again some people talk about some rumors again? I didn't heard about that...

I hope that the band will keep on standing united, and all that's just temporary.
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

CLASSICAL MONSTER

Post by CLASSICAL MONSTER » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:15 pm

It sounds like that many guys are very hungury now.
To me ,the band`s laziness is not a delighting news too.
But,if those missing time was part of the price we pay for a wonderful new album,I will be very pleased to wait.

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:23 pm

heavydolphin wrote:If you´d like at least some new material in form of photos, you might check http://www.stratovarius.de, as I´ve been lucky enough to see the guys in Italy and Germany recently :)
Hey Alex! Hope you are alright!! :-) Sorry, I can't find your page, seems like it's not online at the moment :?:

To topic: I don't think it's lazyness or bad if the band doesn't come up with a new album very soon. Personally I think that Stratovarius has even released "too much" albums over the last years. This took away the chance of developing their music, to really lean back and gather some creative ideas. On the other hand, of course, it's better than having to wait 5 years or more for a new album...
I'm just interested what's going on. How does Tolkki feel. How far is the process of a new album (because, I mean, they already talked about it). What about tours in the future? What about the DVD? Stuff like that...

BERTA

Post by BERTA » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:50 pm

Not only Finnish.. :) ,you can click on the link "news" to see the news in english...I did. :wink:
BERTA
"LA ÚNICA IGLESIA QUE ILUMÍNA,ES LA QUE ARDE"

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:09 pm

BERTA wrote:

Not only Finnish.. :) ,you can click on the link "news" to see the news in english...I did. :wink:
BERTA
Indeed, i couldn't see the news on the homepage but with the click i've found them. It seems it has been posted 3 same time and that the last post doesn't work...anyway i can't see anything on the first page if i don't click to the news for seeing them really. Thanks Berta! :)
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:39 pm

I'm very excited to see Strato later this year in October. Hopefully this time I might be able to have a regular conversation with Jens :) Other than that, I've heard no news about the boys either. Oh, Andres is on youtube and posting some awesome and rare Johansson brothers stuff.

Thanks Andres <3

heavydolphin

Post by heavydolphin » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:46 pm

Lazyness??
Did you ever have a look at their tourplan, HOW many festivals they are playing at the moment??
Lazyness?????

MetalManiac

Post by MetalManiac » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:01 pm

I really hope TT knows what he's doing. In my personal opinion, Stratovarius has been going only downwards these last years, so I have only one thing to say about the new songs: They better be good.
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning."

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:30 am

Tolkki statement from Tolkki-forum:
Since many people have asked about our activities and plans, I´ll answer them here.
We are looking for a webmaster for Strato.Com. Sorry about the lack of updates.

"To me ,the band`s laziness is not a delighting news too"

Well this is quite unfair statement since in the last 18 months we have spent about 4 months in the studio and done about 100 shows worldwide. Not to mention videoshootings and promotional activities. And more shows to come.

"What about the DVD? We are waiting for it so long."

Unfortunately the Sao Paulo show is not qualitywise good enough to be released in its entirety. We have lots of material from previous years as well, so I think in 2-3 years we will release sort of "the Story of Stratovarius" that will include lots of stuff:interviews with the old members, loads of live songs in 5.1. At the moment it is not the right time to start working with this.

"How does Tolkki feel. How far is the process of a new album (because, I mean, they already talked about it)"

I feel ok. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. I´m a human being. It´s been good to do all these shows and see that the fans are still there and give us their love and support.
It is not a big secret that I feel that the last album is not so good. Considering the circumstances, it is a miracle that there even was an album. Sanctuary also ruined a big portion of the sales by sending an unedited version of the whole record to journalists. The album was in the net 4 months before the release.
For the next album, I am really going to take my time with the songs. Basically as long as it takes. We have no deadline or schedule. Nor any ideas how it will sound.
I might even do a another solo album before that. I am writing songs and see what comes out.

"If Tolkki has stated again that he wants to write all the songs, is he back to madness again? I suppose his sickness turns bad again with that kind of hint, or just it's temporary?"

Stratovarius is a mirror and reflection of my soul and therefore I write most of the stuff myself, like before. To say I am "back to madness", because I write all the material sounds like a very strange statement to me.Even cruel. Musically Stratovarius is not a democratic band, but in every other way it is.
Those people who wish to hear more TK songs in Strato can naturally listen to his solo albums, where he has a full control of his art. I think he will release his next one early 2007.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:24 am

I prefer waiting those 2-3 years to get a good DVD rather than getting a bad one now. :P Soloalbums from both of them sounds interesting. I hope Tolkki will get Michael Kiske to sing on his album again. :wink:

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:53 am

So good for Tolkki to talk us naturally and not saying the bullshit everyone says as "this will be the best album you'll ever hear in your life" etc...

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:15 pm

Yeah and it's no secret that Strato is all about Tolkki's material at the core, with everyone else adding their own elements to it afterwards.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:06 pm

Very frankly and pleasant kind of statement. Thanks Timo for these news! I think you and the band have the support and understanding of all of us if you take your time with a new record. We all now how much Stratovarius is touring, and there are few bands that released so many albums in such short periods of time. And we are looking forward, to upcoming gigs, to new song material, to the dvd, no matter how long it will take.

GreenPeace

Post by GreenPeace » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:42 pm

I agree. And I'd very well wait for some 3 years for the next album, as long as it's good and preserves the Stratovarius style.

But I have two questions, I'd be thankful if any of you could answer them.

1. What is the "Stratovarius Rockumentary" in the latest album?
2. Why was the link to the tolkki.com forum removed from this website?

Cheers. Stay metal (and polished - no rust is good :P )
[Insert punch line here]

GreenPeace

Post by GreenPeace » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:44 pm

Very frankly and pleasant kind of statement.
I agree. And I'd very well wait for some 3 years for the next album, as long as it's good and preserves the Stratovarius style.

But I have two questions, I'd be thankful if any of you could answer them.

1. What is the "Stratovarius Rockumentary" in the latest album?
2. Why was the link to the tolkki.com forum removed from this website?

Cheers. Stay metal (and polished - no rust is good )
[Insert punch line here]

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:02 am

[Rant] I'm glad timo could admit that the last album wasn't too good because now he can improve himself. I don't think the last album could qualify as their actual last. If anything, the album should be so good that it'll be legendary and then at the height of their career, they should drop out and become even more legendary than they already are [/Rant]

MajorForce

Post by MajorForce » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:47 am

I think it´s great to know that Timo will really concentrate on making new songs. All the effort put into composing process, will result in form of better songs. I think that Episode is a good example of carefully thought & geniously composed album.

I agree too that last album is good when considering the circumstances it was born. Atleast soundwise Strato has always been able to top themselves, album after album. It has been always a matter to wonder for me.

Make a good album, Strato. You guys got all it takes. 8)

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:59 am

Burning Reflection wrote:[Rant] I'm glad timo could admit that the last album wasn't too good because now he can improve himself. I don't think the last album could qualify as their actual last.
And IMO the last album was pretty good! 8) Not very complicate songwriting, not a giant step forward but good heavy rock, back down to earth. I liked it very much, and as Timo said, in the end it was a suprise that there was a new album so early again. You have to consider that it was released in such a short period of time after their quarrels and after Timos illness got so bad. IMO it even reflected this dark period very very well!

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:08 am

Personally I LOVE the Stratovarius last album. From it starts to it ends. I find it perfect. Maybe because I know people that had the same illness than TT and I can stand perfect why a person thinks and does the things the are not supposed to happen.

Rock on, Timo! You'll headline our souls too ! :)

AMBR@BEC

Post by AMBR@BEC » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:32 pm

Well, it's great to hear some news from Timo. I hope his health stays good and continues to improve. Though the last album certainly wasn't their strongest, I thought it was still quite good. Some of the songs I really liked a lot, though there definitely were a few weak ones. I think it was a necessary building block for them to do to move forward and they should have no regrets, (except maybe for the premature release. :roll: ) Timo T. has written lots of great songs, so I have faith this next cd will kick some ass regardless if the other members contribute. Can't wait to hear it!

I wonder if they'll be doing any of the new stuff in October? Looking forward to the NYC show, but I wish they schedule a few more dates. They only have that one, Virginia and L.A. right now. They should play the Trocadero in Philly and/or the Palladium in Worcester, Mass. I'd go to those too. :)

(OT: BTW, it's laziness, not lazyness. Not that anyone cares. :D )
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

FakeTolkki

Post by FakeTolkki » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:44 am

i thought timo was a little bit opened to other musicians material....timo kotipelto said he was back on the band because tolkki promised he would have more of his songs on the next album, but i guess that was a lie...to bad, it semms the band has lost its way once again....im not gonna be surprised if theres not gonna be an new album

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:46 am

too early to be pessimistisc, my friend. :wink:

FakeTolkki

Post by FakeTolkki » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:46 pm

it may be to early but im very disapointed...look at visions or episode....kotipelto and johansson made some of the music and together with tolkki made those increadible albuns...tolkki is a genious and he made the best strato songs, but when he does all the material it sounds something predictable like the last album....he should end stratovarius and make a solo carrer.... :x maybe strato should have ended in the elements album