TONIGHT! STRATOVARIUS IN QUEBEC CITY!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
stratobabius
Re: TONIGHT! STRATOVARIUS IN QUEBEC CITY!

Post by stratobabius » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:06 pm

Abo wrote:
Martine wrote:Thank you, it was Father time, I remember now! :) Must be my old age!

:roll:
I don't know how old you are, but I tought that Wednesday I would have been much older than the average age. I'm 34. I wasn't very much older. A lot of people between 40 and 50 years old were at the show, and a lot of young people of course.
That's strange...I guess it goes with the culture of each continent... On the shows I've been, it was very rare to see someone above 23-25, although I could spot some "older" people. (I don't like the sound of the word)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:57 am

stratobabius wrote:
Abo wrote:
Martine wrote:Thank you, it was Father time, I remember now! :) Must be my old age!

:roll:
I don't know how old you are, but I tought that Wednesday I would have been much older than the average age. I'm 34. I wasn't very much older. A lot of people between 40 and 50 years old were at the show, and a lot of young people of course.
That's strange...I guess it goes with the culture of each continent... On the shows I've been, it was very rare to see someone above 23-25, although I could spot some "older" people. (I don't like the sound of the word)
Don't worry. If you are lucky you will be "older" some day. :) Its a blessing, not a curse. Older people like Metal, too! Metal started back in the late 70s, so the same people who liked Metal then(Moi, for example)more than likely love it today!!! :D
Yeah, in USA its not that unusual to see quite a few gray-bearded&salt-and-pepper haired people at Metal concerts. Just because its snow on the roof........:roll: doesn't mean the person has stopped enjoying life. ;) :D
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Martine

Post by Martine » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:26 am

Well my dear, Metal started in our generation. Black Sabbath is ours, Kiss is ours, Metallica is ours and many others. :) Metal started in the US and they exported it over you guys, like you sent Nana Mouskouri to us :)

No offense.

We just can't let it go. My generation also brought Disco, imagine! We were really crazy but we had fun and we still have. Thanks to those Finnish, Sweden and German guys who come once in a while visiting our countries.

Anyway, youngsters like you or old people like me still have many things in common: we love metal, we love Stratovarius and our politicians are probably as intelligent and honest as yours.

Love you all. :lol:
Martine, The Truly French Canadian
Martine, Une vraie canadienne française
http://www.myspace.com/martine42

Martine

Post by Martine » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:29 am

I just realized that I maybe made a big mistake when telling you guys that Metal started in the US. Did it really start in the US or in England? Feel free to spank me if I was wrong.

:)

Not too hard though.

Love you all again.
Martine, The Truly French Canadian
Martine, Une vraie canadienne française
http://www.myspace.com/martine42

Abo

Post by Abo » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:36 am

All right, we're talking about Metal, like Heavy Metal. Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, ... But with Stratovarius, we're talking about Power Metal witch, in my sense, is very different and not well from older people. May be we're you live. But when I talking about Power Metal with people of my generation and where I live, they don't know anything about it. Of course, they Metallica, Judas Priest and the others. But don't ever talk about Stratovarius, Blind Guardian or Sonata Artica. I've already tried.

Abo

Post by Abo » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:40 am

Martine wrote:I just realized that I maybe made a big mistake when telling you guys that Metal started in the US. Did it really start in the US or in England? Feel free to spank me if I was wrong.

:)

Not too hard though.

Love you all again.
I'm not sure, but the name Heavy Metal was given by someone whose was talking about Black Sabbath's music. Am I wrong?

stratobabius

Post by stratobabius » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:04 am

Wow, this comment of mine turned into a discussion...
I didn't say they've stopped enjoying life, it just looked strange to me.
I was really happy to see people from other generations at shows and I'd be really pleased if I could attend when I got more...mature myself. :)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:22 pm

Martine wrote:Well my dear, Metal started in our generation. Black Sabbath is ours, Kiss is ours, Metallica is ours and many others. :) Metal started in the US and they exported it over you guys, like you sent Nana Mouskouri to us :)

No offense.

We just can't let it go. My generation also brought Disco, imagine! We were really crazy but we had fun and we still have. Thanks to those Finnish, Sweden and German guys who come once in a while visiting our countries.

Anyway, youngsters like you or old people like me still have many things in common: we love metal, we love Stratovarius and our politicians are probably as intelligent and honest as yours.

Love you all. :lol:
Ah, yes--Disco. Do we really want to remember that Era(Error) :D, Martine? :D But, you have a way with words&I agree with you. The young&the older have more in common than differences, and the popularity of Metal in the two generations reveals that. :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~