Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
TimoTolkki
Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by TimoTolkki » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:11 am

a name passed that don't want to get passed now (which is impossible due to the waiver)
As I said, I never "passed the name" as a gift.
a disc with a name that cannot be used like that now (then why not get the name of a song? as a band)
In music business the legal term is "the name and likeness". So would not work to use names like "Strato" etc.. although some other bands have tried. It is the context and the likeness that counts.
a new coming legal fight
No, you will see that there will be no legal fights. The guys will continue with a new name and that is anyway best for everyone.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:14 am

TimoTolkki wrote: As I said, I never "passed the name" as a gift.
So, what did you do exactly? I'm a little confused.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

MikeWacho

Post by MikeWacho » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:14 am

so the name for the lassila and friends disc is gonna be...what?

Future Shock seems nice due to the "strato past" style themed project...

but its also a name of a single so it is out of question XD

maybe because he waived the rights, he also waived the legal problems?, he's not part of the band anymore and now has passed the name to the others...

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:20 am

RazielSR wrote:eerrrrm....

mmmmmmmmmmm........ brrrrrrrrr......RAAATAAAATAAAAAATAAAAA!

:D You're so right.

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:21 am

Mormegil wrote:Well I've certainly had my "Jesus fucking Christ, WTF!?" -moment of the day.
icecab21 wrote:I couldn’t care less about what name he puts on it as long as the project gets done and out as anything and it sounds great. Fuck names, fuck statements, fuck bitching about people, let’s just take the music in a love it or leave it fashion.
/my thoughts
I underwrite this.

FrightNight

Post by FrightNight » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:22 am

This is great idea, Timo! It's like going back to past with time machine :headbang:.

MikeWacho

Post by MikeWacho » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:26 am

FrightNight wrote:This is great idea, Timo! It's like going back to past with time machine :headbang:.
well there's always space in my ears (and mi ipod XD) for a new fright night album XD

Raven

Post by Raven » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:28 am

RazielSR wrote: Are you aware that you are digging your own grave?
Timo Tolkki is keeping this madness alive and actually I think that at the end of the day he's the only who is digging his own grave: One day he speaks something and next day he twists everything around and speaks something else. For example: At the radiorock interview Tolkki said that he don't visit at the messageboards anymore and don't want to have anything to do with name Stratovarius anymore... And what the hell is going on right now here in stratoforum? Last Stratovarius album with Lassila and Ikonen?

Before this last event I wasn't sure that should TK, JJ, LP and JM release their future album for moral reasons under the name Stratovarius. Now I'm sure that they should release it as Stratovarius album, cause Jens has been leading Strato after Tolkki's breakdown and he really seems to care something. Tolkki isn't capable to lead anything anymore and actually it seems that he doesn't even care what happens to Strato and how people remember this band years after. Tolkki's actions has nothing to do with common sense. His actions are 100% madness and now it seems that he's totally out of track. Sorry TT, but this is how it seems when you look all this mess as an outsider.

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:30 am

TimoTolkki, JensJohansson; why all this? Why all these kind of games, fakes, flamewars, shit, biasing people, etc, etc? Do you really think somebody is gonna trust in you?
If there are official statements issued by TT that make no sense whatsoever I don't think it's improper to comment here when someone asks what is going on. (It doesn't however rise to the level of me or anyone else making some sort of counter-statement.) I am not trying to divide or bias anyone.

I think most people understand that when I sign something or incur debt I will not try to back out of it.

"Likeness" is a pretty specific term in common use, but it applies to images.
Where is your talent now?
Having coffee and going back into the studio to work in an hour and a half :)