going to sleep

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
MatiasKupiainen
Re: going to sleep

Post by MatiasKupiainen » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:49 am

RuruPillow wrote:Jens, Lauri, Matias... Everyone you can sleep tonight?

I'm worry :cry: :roll:

WTF! Sleeping is for week people..and some frenchs too! I'm sitting in the studio alone, drinking some fresh coffee, copying stuff from hard drive to another, thinking what went wrong, editing audio files, listening to some strato songs...this is how art is made!!! Mixing starts in three hours at the Finnvox studios...dude!!!

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:30 am

Now that's how to drink coffee
Hopefully no Austin powers moments.
Thanks for working so hard to create music for us all. Lots of people are looking forward to this and it will be great for when we can all listen to it with all its glory.

RuruPillow

Post by RuruPillow » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:11 am

LauriPorra wrote:
No way man, we are working on the music. 7:24 am and still going strong.
MatiasKupiainen wrote:

WTF! Sleeping is for week people..and some frenchs too! I'm sitting in the studio alone, drinking some fresh coffee, copying stuff from harddrive to another, thinking what went wrong, editing audio files, listning some strato songs...this how art is made!!! Mixing starts in three hours in the Finnvox studios...dude!!!
Lauri and Matias,
Because of splendid music, I appreciate in you!!

Image Image

Today present Jaffa and beer server!! :beer: :beer::beer:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:44 am

That Jaffa dopping is working sooo good.

I DO know the new Stratovarius album is gonna be GREAT and is gonna sound fantastic...
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Star_Ocean

Post by Star_Ocean » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:46 pm

I hope none of the music is being made just to "copy" Tolkki's sound. I hope you guys are following your own songwriting paths and staying true to your musical hearts, even if that sounds cheesy. :lol:

For instance, I really enjoy Matias' solos from what I've heard so far. And I grew really tired of Tolkki's similar solos after the 8,000th time I heard them, so I hope to hear more Matias than Tolkki, if that makes sense. :lol:

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:52 pm

I assume it will probably be like most other bands when you change a member, the core sound will be the same however it will have a different kind of edge to it.

but that's what always happens when you change a member.
metal feeds the beast

Star_Ocean

Post by Star_Ocean » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:03 pm

hiro23 wrote:I assume it will probably be like most other bands when you change a member, the core sound will be the same however it will have a different kind of edge to it.

but that's what always happens when you change a member.
Not always. Countless bands who obtain new members have those new members just try and sound like carbon copies of the old member. They just go for whatever will be most successful, and if the old member was one of the reasons why that band was successful, they will try and just copy them.

But from what I've heard of Matias, he doesn't do Tolkki's sound, which I am pretty greatful for. Tolkki's style, at least his solos anyways, got pretty tiring and repetitive. Infinite is around the time when it seemed like he wasn't even trying with the solos.

RuruPillow

Post by RuruPillow » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:56 pm

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZrEkFVo-IV8&co ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZrEkFVo-IV8&co ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> This video of Matias guitar play very cool!!

I expect to the guitar play which insists the personality of Matias.:funhi: :cowbell: :party:

As for Jens furthermore being unique, passionate keyboard play, as for Lauri forcibleness and pliant based play,
as for Jorg in any case Passion! Passion! Drum play, as for Kotipelto singing various musics by the noble expression power which is not defeated to splendid performance.

I wait energetic by the fact that 5 people stimulate mutually, mutual personality goes and applies and beautiful music. :jump:
When it can designate the room of time as you, we want being able to tell new song to propriety us. :P

eagledreamr

Post by eagledreamr » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:32 pm

MatiasKupiainen wrote:
WTF! Sleeping is for week people..and some frenchs too! I'm sitting in the studio alone, drinking some fresh coffee, copying stuff from harddrive to another, thinking what went wrong, editing audio files, listning some strato songs...this how art is made!!! Mixing starts in three hours in the Finnvox studios...dude!!!

Matias, I like you very much, but wtf ?!! :x Do you think we're weak ?!!

Just kidding! :lol: (ahem...well...!)
Life's to short to cry
Long enough to try

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:32 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well... c'est la vie! :D
---...---

RuruPillow

Post by RuruPillow » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:06 am

Jens, I have a small question.
Koti and Jörg not sleeping?

eagledreamr

Post by eagledreamr » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:24 pm

AGAG wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well... c'est la vie! :D
I NEED AN EXPLANATION !!! :x

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life's to short to cry
Long enough to try

cliff

Post by cliff » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:04 pm

eagledreamr wrote:
MatiasKupiainen wrote:

Matias, I like you very much, but wtf ?!! :x Do you think we're weak ?!!

Just kidding! :lol: (ahem...well...!)
Perhaps Matias spent a couple of days in South of France during summer and realized that most of the people spent their whole day sitting in a terasse and never move their ass from their chair, ordering more and more wine/beer/pastis glass... which makes French one of the laziest people in the world. But that's ok, it could be worse... they could be italian :D

@Jens, is this cheap Nokia phone yours? Man, I remember back in Tuska 2001 you had a better phone than this. High Technology is meant for that, people getting pissed of new stuffs with tons of feature that never work, at least the one stuffs were cheap and worked well :)
<b>This is wrong</b>

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:12 pm

Well, for that matter, I know that...

---...---

thefreeone

Post by thefreeone » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:18 pm

JensJohansson wrote:jj_large_img

fucking tired .. not so much time left until mix ... i hope matias gets some rest too. he has been working his ass off lately.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
yeah i have that same cellphone i bought it like an hour ago.. my other cellphone was stolen.. :( ... and i didndt have money i bought it for 30 dollars..

cheap!

btw wow everyday im more anxious about the new strato! thanks jj mk tk lp nad jm!

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:50 pm

AGAG wrote:Well, for that matter, I know that...

Dude! This is really funny hahahahahahahaha!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:19 am

That perfect european would make a perfect song.

Miss Destiny

Post by Miss Destiny » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:27 pm

[quote="Star_Ocean"

Not always. Countless bands who obtain new members have those new members just try and sound like carbon copies of the old member. They just go for whatever will be most successful, and if the old member was one of the reasons why that band was successful, they will try and just copy them.

But from what I've heard of Matias, he doesn't do Tolkki's sound, which I am pretty greatful for. Tolkki's style, at least his solos anyways, got pretty tiring and repetitive. Infinite is around the time when it seemed like he wasn't even trying with the solos.[/quote]

:? A simple question.Are you the same "Star Ocean"that writes on RR???? Can you answer with honest???

eagledreamr

Post by eagledreamr » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:50 pm

cliff wrote: Perhaps Matias spent a couple of days in South of France during summer and realized that most of the people spent their whole day sitting in a terasse and never move their ass from their chair, ordering more and more wine/beer/pastis glass... which makes French one of the laziest people in the world. But that's ok, it could be worse... they could be italian :D
But he has never seen thursday nights in Rennes, in the Rue de la Soif, people here never sleep (or are not conscious they do :p) ! :lol:
Life's to short to cry
Long enough to try

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:37 am

That's right, drink up the coffee man.

Caffiene and beer is the life blood of us musicians.

:beer:
metal feeds the beast

Patricia

Post by Patricia » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:58 pm

eagledreamr wrote:
cliff wrote: Perhaps Matias spent a couple of days in South of France during summer and realized that most of the people spent their whole day sitting in a terasse and never move their ass from their chair, ordering more and more wine/beer/pastis glass... which makes French one of the laziest people in the world. But that's ok, it could be worse... they could be italian :D
But he has never seen thursday nights in Rennes, in the Rue de la Soif, people here never sleep (or are not conscious they do :p) ! :lol:
Could be also spanish maybe ^^
Well, Lazy some french people sleeping in long chairs and drinking a pastis full of olive oil! in the south right! :D
Olen tyytyväinen...Onpa kiva tavata...

Ahlimatainen

Post by Ahlimatainen » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:39 am

JensJohansson wrote:
But speaking of the song King of Nothing (also a working title by the way) .. Lauri, somehow the heavily modulating section needs the same bass note on the two chords of bar nro 9 of the same!! It should be two 'd" notes. First one is the root of d minor , second one is the third of the next chord (A# major) .. f in the bass sounds so weird in that place that i will need to drink a bottle of lauluviina each time i hear the song ..
I hate when things work out in theory but not practically... I suppose that the A#major chord is a fifth that is supposed to modulate into the new key of D# right? Playing it on my piano that resides in front of the computer it doesn't actually sound too shabby, but I guess that it doesn't really bring out the modulation to D# as much as might be desired (if that is the new key).

Well I'm not sure if I'm on the right track at all, the A# might not be a dominant at all, but I do agree the same bass note does sound better than the F.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:56 pm

Theory is like science. Most of the time, it explains what you observe/hear.

Sometimes though, a platypus comes along.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Malteada

Post by Malteada » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:44 pm

Ahlimatainen wrote:
I hate when things work out in theory but not practically... I suppose that the A#major chord is a fifth that is supposed to modulate into the new key of D# right? Playing it on my piano that resides in front of the computer it doesn't actually sound too shabby, but I guess that it doesn't really bring out the modulation to D# as much as might be desired (if that is the new key).

Well I'm not sure if I'm on the right track at all, the A# might not be a dominant at all, but I do agree the same bass note does sound better than the F.
A# Major = A# Lydian mode, the key doesn't change

but if you are in D Phrygian.. you can play D#, and the A# will be Ionian mode
My grandmother don't let me see Chabelo.

RuruPillow

Post by RuruPillow » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:08 am

Dear Jens, Jolg, Koti, Lauri, Matias,
The lack of sleep? A nice Christmas for you!
A nice holiday, nice beer! :beer: :beer: :beer:

Ahlimatainen

Post by Ahlimatainen » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:19 pm

Malteada wrote:
Ahlimatainen wrote:

A# Major = A# Lydian mode, the key doesn't change

but if you are in D Phrygian.. you can play D#, and the A# will be Ionian mode

Well yeah, I know that A#major is a chord (the "lydian" chord) inside of the D minor scale. Well actually it isn't! that would be Bb major, but since we don't know the upper extensions that might be added to the chord there's no real way to tell if it would serve as a dominant7 leading to a new key, which I dared to assume since he said that it was a heavy modulating section.
Granted that one does not have to rely on dominants to modulate in to a new key, though considering the baroque influences it would serve the sound.

TSC

Post by TSC » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:44 pm

You need this place to rest...hahahahaha.
The real enemy lives in the North!!!

TSC

Post by TSC » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:53 pm

And to end with the stress...so beautiful women, i want married with her...hahahaha...shure!!!
The real enemy lives in the North!!!