Elements II

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Verdades Parias
Elements II

Post by Verdades Parias » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:06 am

question.....

there's any posibility that Stratovarius could play some songs from Elements pt. II in the future?.
That album is so dismissed, but some songs are amazing

AAAAAAAAAA

Re: Elements II

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:29 am

No, its physically impossible.
Though Matias will try with all his might, the will of the gods will not allow him to play those chords in the correct sequence. Should Kotipelto try to utter a single world from that album, his vocal chords will lock up and he will squeak like a prepubescent in the middle-school choir. Should Lauri dare play a note, his amp will fall crashing down to the stage, shattering in a million pieces. Jorg's drums will explode in a mess of shrapnel. There'll be blood and gore everywhere- organs flying at all angles towards the crowd, disease will spread, bile will rain down upon the masses, and the story of Stratovarius will end forever, tainted by sickness, disease, and bodily fluids.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:46 am

From some reviews it seems some people think that happend to kotipelto on some songs during the recordings.

I would love to hear libery live, even cooler if they make it vapaus.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:59 am

Alpha & Omega and Dreamweaver are indeed outstanding tracks.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Babylonian

Post by Babylonian » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:24 pm

I doubt, that they will play songs from Elements albums, because Kotipelto (and If I remember right, Jörg too) didn't liked them.

eagledreamr

Post by eagledreamr » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:31 pm

I doubt, but I'd really like to hear live Alpha&Omega and Know the Difference.

My problem with Dreamweaver is that wenever I listen to it or see the title I think of the software >_<
Life's to short to cry
Long enough to try

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:57 pm

Babylonian wrote:I doubt, that they will play songs from Elements albums, because Kotipelto (and If I remember right, Jörg too) didn't liked them.
Right. I think Kotipelto once said in an Interview that he would sing everything as long as it is not the same "shit" like the 2 Elements Albums or something like this. I dunno if this was part of the stunt.

Babylonian

Post by Babylonian » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:15 pm

I dunno if this was part of the stunt.
I don't think so, because he has been said somewhere, that he is a rock guy and doesn't like very much symphonic and classical influenced stuff like Elements. I have also read somewhere, that he complained to Tolkki about too high notes on some Elements songs in recording sessions.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:42 pm

I think they will, because even though it's highly debated the elements albums took them to their highest peak very similiar to what happened with maiden with their seventh son of a seventh son album.

I mean it would be awesome to hear songs like "I walk to my own song" and "I'm still alive".

And I may be hearing it wrong but Kotipelto's solo albums seem to have some symphonic influence as well.
Maybe it's just Tolkki's style of doing it?
metal feeds the beast

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:11 pm

hiro23 wrote:I think they will, because even though it's highly debated the elements albums took them to their highest peak very similiar to what happened with maiden with their seventh son of a seventh son album.

I mean it would be awesome to hear songs like "I walk to my own song" and "I'm still alive".

And I may be hearing it wrong but Kotipelto's solo albums seem to have some symphonic influence as well.
Maybe it's just Tolkki's style of doing it?
The early Stratovarius Albums and the Kotipelto Albums have Symphonic influence, but not really that much They allway were more power/speed metal. I mean, you can't compare the Strato Albums to hyper-epic albumy by Rhapsody or Nightwish I think Elements I and II were the symphonic overkill for Kotipelto. They both had a lot of symphonic influence than the Albums before them.

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:14 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:No, its physically impossible.
Though Matias will try with all his might, the will of the gods will not allow him to play those chords in the correct sequence. Should Kotipelto try to utter a single world from that album, his vocal chords will lock up and he will squeak like a prepubescent in the middle-school choir. Should Lauri dare play a note, his amp will fall crashing down to the stage, shattering in a million pieces. Jorg's drums will explode in a mess of shrapnel. There'll be blood and gore everywhere- organs flying at all angles towards the crowd, disease will spread, bile will rain down upon the masses, and the story of Stratovarius will end forever, tainted by sickness, disease, and bodily fluids.
Exactly! 8)

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:23 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:No, its physically impossible.
That's so metal! I would soooo attend that show :lol:
Babylonian wrote:I doubt, that they will play songs from Elements albums, because Kotipelto (and If I remember right, Jörg too) didn't liked them.
I think it was just the songs from part 1 that Kotipelto didn't like because the singing was uncomfortably high for him. When I saw them in the states, the only song they played off of the Elements albums was Eagleheart. I love the elements albums and I wouldn't mind hearing any of the songs from either album

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:41 am

I think I have that impression as well. Even Tolkki said some songs Koti didn't think he could manage at first in the studio, like Find Your Own Voice (which is one of my favourite stratosongs btw!) even though he nailed it pretty much perfectly when I saw them on the Elements tour, I'm guessing that may have something to do with it.

Anyway, with musicians of that calibre, I'm sure we can all expect somthing amazing from both Strato and RR! :D
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:15 am

Well the history behind this album is really sad...
All this stunt period, the band falls apart, etc, etc. But in the end is a pitty, 9 exelents songs, with extremely heavy production, and beatiful melodies, with every instrument bombing at their best performance....and no played live, sad.

I remember IWTMOS been played one time live in a radio show, or something like that, don't remember exactly how it was it (correct me please).
Anyway, in this new chapter of the band, i'm really hoping that they can play some buried stuff, not the same old song again and again

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:51 am

Well now they have the choice of sorting through the songs and picking out which one's they'd like to play on tour.

I'm sure before as in most other cases Tolkki was the one to ultimatly decide which songs went on tour.
metal feeds the beast