Maybe one of the hottest Jens pics ever

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
En extremt tråkig pe
Maybe one of the hottest Jens pics ever

Post by En extremt tråkig pe » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:25 am

Anders Johansson has written about what apparently really happened on that flight when Yngwies fucking fury was unleashed. It involved urine and keyboard players getting naked on the plane apparently.

The story is here http://blogg.expressen.se/hardrock/entr ... sid=511601 In swedish, I might be arsed to translate later unless someone else can be arsed to get a computer to do it.
Innebandy är en fånig sport

browneyedgirl

Re: Maybe one of the hottest Jens pics ever

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:12 pm

Why is that lady smiling? She looks very happy. ;)

The term "hard rock" comes to mind. :D

Jens was cute then, thats for sure!

Irinia

Post by Irinia » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:15 pm

Hmmm.. Couldn't seem to get the link to work, tells me that an unknown error occurred.
Nice picture tho 8)

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:24 pm

HOLY SHIT! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:06 pm

Haha, so Jens bought a liter of vodka and a liter of apple juice, mixed them together. Then Jens was preparing a Blood Mary. And then Jens was naked. The flight stewards attempted to cover his nudity with a kimono.

"Jens Johansson, Anders' ill brother" is that pic's label, according to the machine translation. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

En extremt tråkig pe

Post by En extremt tråkig pe » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:37 pm

Right a quick translation, hope I got most of it:

We were going to Japan again with Yngwies band Rising Force where I was the drummer. It was a long flight, 14.5 hours nonstop from New York City to Tokyo. Jens, who played keyboards for the band and who is my sick brother, was afraid of flying. He bough a litre of vodka and a litre of orange juice, poured half of the contents of both out and poured the vodka into the the orange juice container. The time was seven in the morning.

Yngwie never hesitated to join in and they were already pretty slippery before take-off. We'd gotten first class tickets for this flight (for the first and last time) so there were no limits on the drinks on the plane. Joe Lynn Turner, the singer, joined in. The four of us were loud and rowdy. This annoyed the other passengers who'd bought expensive first class tickets in order to be able to sleep.

Things calmed down a bit. Joey and Jens fell asleep but me an Yngwie kept going. We got this bad idea that we'd drink the most disgusting kinds of liqour available. We ordered some bottles and no small flight bottles but 75:s of the worst kinds. I know we drank Drambuie amongst other things. Jens and Joe woke up and the rowdiness continued. There had alread been a few altercations with other passengers and then Jens produced a woman's sanitary towel which he primed with a Bloody Mary. Typical of Jens. He's always doing things with super glue and the like. He flipped it into some ladys food. That was the last straw for her. She went and got a big pitcher of ice water and poured it over Yngwie, Jens and Joe. Personally I missed the water as I was on the toilet at the time.

When I got back, Jens was naked and Yngwie completely insane. The tiny japanese stewardesses were trying to cover Jens up with kimonos and small blankets that we others kept ripping off. Yngwie went amok. Yngwies bodyguard, whose main purpose was to protect others from Yngwie was holding him back together with the sound guy. The atmosphere was very tense.

I grabbed a small glass and threw it at the head of a copassenger who'd threatened me earlier. That set of a bar fight. Sleeves were ripped of shirts and buttons flew, the wild west over the Pacific Ocean. The pilot came down (we were flying in a 747). He grabbed my arm hard, in the confusion he happened to get a .... (wtf is a backfist) ..... to the groin. That's not good, I thought, as he crumpled. It was chaos, people were screaming and flying around everywhere. After a while everyone calmed down except for Yngwie.

Me and Jens managed to convince him that we should pour piss on the lady to make the score 2-1 to Sweden. Right before this, I'd gotten my Walkman and recorded the last part of the brawl. Yngwie was still very upset. Yngwie stepped up and poured a full mug of piss on the lady.

It's this recording that's spread like wildfire and named one of Yngwies albums. They wanted to turn the plane around and throw us off in Alaska, but out of consideration for the other 450 passengers they continued. Ancorage was just as far away as Tokyo. In Japan, the police were waiting but we had experience of this situation from earlier flights to Japan so we spread out. They were expecting a band, a gang of vikings, but got confused when we arrived one by one. We passed through customs separately and met up at the bus and laughed at the whole thing.

The reader comments below the story are pretty funny too, I think they're all just jealous.
Innebandy är en fånig sport

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:44 pm

LOL, nice. Thanks for the translation. :)
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:55 pm

Hahah nice... :lol:

The bad part is that stuff like that contributes to the metalhead troublemaker stereotype, not to mention that I'd be pretty mad at these guys too if I were in that plane as well. Young people on their own and with great booze avaliability, that can get ugly.

I find this funny as hell today, but this was very disrespectful towards the other passengers and the flight crew.

eagledreamr

Post by eagledreamr » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:54 pm

Haha I didn't know the whole story!

Well, if I had been in that plan at that moment, I'd surely have gotten mad...or not...well, I don't know, it's always different when it's in a plane, you're more likely to think of an hypothetic catastrophe...

Anyway it's inconscious to have acted like that, but I still thank you for that, it gave us a great story!
Life's to short to cry
Long enough to try

CES

Post by CES » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm

A backfist is when you swing a punch outward from yourself instead of inward and catch the target with the back of your hand. With an open fist, it's a pimp slap. I'd imagine that getting hit like that in the groin would drop a man for quite some time.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:27 pm

Funny stuff
metal feeds the beast

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:03 pm

I guess this story will hunt Yngwie for the rest of his life! :lol: :lol: :lol:

palarmux

Post by palarmux » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:42 am

He looks so much diffrend :)

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:20 am

What amazes me most is that they got away with it :lol:
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Crazyniel

Post by Crazyniel » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:04 am

Just, no words...
lol

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:36 pm

NeonVomit wrote:What amazes me most is that they got away with it :lol:
Nowadays that would for sure not be possible, they would land the plane and have us all arrested.

I fully endorse that woman putting the ice water over us by the way, we really deserved it... we were complete assholes. Even in the state I was in I realized that. This is why I was not at all angry myself.. I was just happy to get the wet clothes off me. I got most of the water and Yngwie the least. Still, he was the one who got the angriest.

That picture is something. No signs of higher consciousness at all, only the reptile brain functioning.. drunken reptile looking for a warm rock on a 747 ten kilometers in the air.

Two things which you don't get from Anders story:

a) Probably the most disruptive thing in the hours leading up to this was some competition us Swedish guys had, the competition was "who could scream the loudest."

b) The ice water incident tipped the balance of perceived asshole-ness. Even though we were the assholes, the woman fellow passenger lost her temper and did something which is also normally not permitted in a first-class cabin.

After she did that I suspect that in the eyes of the crew things were a lot less black-and-white. Before, it was probably clear it was the long-haired people who were the nuisance.

Not long after that year I started treating my fear of flying using tranquilizers instead of alcohol. 50-60 cl of booze has a lot of side effects that eg. benzodiazepines don't. I kept flying even though I was scared, and it got gradually better and better. By now my anxiety about flying is almost completely gone..

ps

Post by ps » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:47 pm

One of the best airline stories ever, for sure.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:06 pm

I heard about this incident many, many years ago and the main point of discussion was the lady throwing the ice water, and Yngwie's outrage. No details, or other bandmembers were mentioned. :)
Glad to hear the straight story. :)

Jaimico

Post by Jaimico » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 am

:lol: this was the funniest thing i've ever read, jajajjajaj i imagine that air battle!!!! very funny!!!
Every second of day it is coming your way

emperor_black

Post by emperor_black » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:57 am

I WANT THE UNCENSORED VERSION OF THAT PICTURE...! I WANT IT SO BADLY! MUHAHAHA

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:14 am

Jens seems a pretty straight guy, I think it's great that he answers our questions directly.
metal feeds the beast

miditek

Post by miditek » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:29 am

The expression on the stewardess' face is positively priceless! She's trying her best to be frightfully polite! :lol:
Κύριε ἐλέησον

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:47 am

miditek wrote:The expression on the stewardess' face is positively priceless! She's trying her best to be frightfully polite! :lol:
Indeed! Japanese women are already (stereotypically) shy as hell, can you imagine how awkward these stewardesses felt? If not, try to remember the time you embaressed people the most, and multiply that by 100. :lol:

:beer: :beer: :beer:

jannne

Post by jannne » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:50 pm

We definitely need a Rising Force reunion tour :banana1:

Dragon Queen

Post by Dragon Queen » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:02 am

En extremt tråkig person wrote:Anders Johansson has written about what apparently really happened on that flight when Yngwies fucking fury was unleashed. It involved urine and keyboard players getting naked on the plane apparently.

The story is here http://blogg.expressen.se/hardrock/entr ... sid=511601 In swedish, I might be arsed to translate later unless someone else can be arsed to get a computer to do it.
THAT'S GREAT!!! Too funny!! The hubby and I spent about two and a half hours Thursday talking to Strato after the show and Jens is hilarious! Hot pic! :rotflmao2: