New Timo Tolkki's myspace

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
AAAAAAAAA
Re: New Timo Tolkki's myspace

Post by AAAAAAAAA » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:48 pm

:lol: :lol: No it's my own and now you can understand why I didn't like my German-teacher. She was worthless... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can I ask you for the right sentence?

Aldaron

Post by Aldaron » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:17 am

While I understand the free-spirited nature Jens likes to promote here, I have to add one dissenting view. This forum is so full of idle banter and silliness, it blocks the ability for most fans to come and have any actual conversations about the band, the music, tours etc. Most conversations end up deteriorating into nonsense. It's keeping many fans away and stops new fans from learning much or engaging in helpful discussions. In this age where the internet has become critical in promoting bands, especially since the labels and management companies seem loathe to spend any money doing it, a forum where the majority are turned off from conversing is a wasted resource. Fool around all you like, but I think it's detracting from more people taking the band seriously and having a central place to trade ideas and info.

Just throwing that out there. :square:
Let's Rage!

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:22 am

Aldaron wrote:While I understand the free-spirited nature Jens likes to promote here, I have to add one dissenting view. This forum is so full of idle banter and silliness, it blocks the ability for most fans to come and have any actual conversations about the band, the music, tours etc. Most conversations end up deteriorating into nonsense. It's keeping many fans away and stops new fans from learning much or engaging in helpful discussions. In this age where the internet has become critical in promoting bands, especially since the labels and management companies seem loathe to spend any money doing it, a forum where the majority are turned off from conversing is a wasted resource. Fool around all you like, but I think it's detracting from more people taking the band seriously and having a central place to trade ideas and info.

+<9000
I'd say delete every post, ban the trolls and reset the whole thing. Or maybe create a whole new forum all together. And the most important thing: GET SOMEONE TO MODERATE THE WHOLE DAMN THING! I don't care who it is, but we need someone to bring at least a bit order into this whole thing. A bit more than moving the flame threads into the flame section.

miditek

Post by miditek » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:58 am

Why the hue and cry about off-topic trolling in a thread about RealTolkki's(tm) pages up on ShitSpace?

This forum is free-wheeling, and believe me, it is world-famous!

I've seen fascinating discussions here, games, polls, trolls, cool videos, flame wars, and many interesting topics on a wide breadth of issues, musical and non-musical.

I've seem some threads that were terribly boring, while other things have been some of the funniest shit I've ever read in my life.

No arbitrary bannings, not too many deleted posts, rather good system performance and uptime- the majority of the time, so all in all, this is actually a pretty cool place with an interesting cast of characters.

This isn't church, or school, nor is it the workplace. It is however an interesting hangout to say the least. Try thanking your friendly neighborhood site admin sometime for leaving the light on for you for all these years, and remember that sites require time, effort, and money to stay up and running.
&#922;&#973;&#961;&#953;&#949; &#7952;&#955;&#941;&#951;&#963;&#959;&#957;

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:13 am

miditek wrote:Why the hue and cry about off-topic trolling in a thread about RealTolkki's(tm) pages up on ShitSpace?

This forum is free-wheeling, and believe me, it is world-famous!

I've seen fascinating discussions here, games, polls, trolls, cool videos, flame wars, and many interesting topics on a wide breadth of issues, musical and non-musical.

I've seem some threads that were terribly boring, while other things have been some of the funniest shit I've ever read in my life.

No arbitrary bannings, not too many deleted posts, rather good system performance and uptime- the majority of the time, so all in all, this is actually a pretty cool place with an interesting cast of characters.

This isn't church, or school, nor is it the workplace. It is however an interesting hangout to say the least. Try thanking your friendly neighborhood site admin sometime for leaving the light on for you for all these years, and remember that sites require time, effort, and money to stay up and running.
+10 :bigok:
Stratoforum is not perfect, but its damn near close. If you get over the line, you will get disciplined, trust me. ;) However, the freedom you do have here is priceless. Treasure it, respect it, do not take advantage of it. But, within reason you can use it and enjoy it! :) Just relax and have fun.

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:59 am

Ragehead91 wrote:
Aldaron wrote:While I understand the free-spirited nature Jens likes to promote here, I have to add one dissenting view. This forum is so full of idle banter and silliness, it blocks the ability for most fans to come and have any actual conversations about the band, the music, tours etc. Most conversations end up deteriorating into nonsense. It's keeping many fans away and stops new fans from learning much or engaging in helpful discussions. In this age where the internet has become critical in promoting bands, especially since the labels and management companies seem loathe to spend any money doing it, a forum where the majority are turned off from conversing is a wasted resource. Fool around all you like, but I think it's detracting from more people taking the band seriously and having a central place to trade ideas and info.

+<9000
I'd say delete every post, ban the trolls and reset the whole thing. Or maybe create a whole new forum all together. And the most important thing: GET SOMEONE TO MODERATE THE WHOLE DAMN THING! I don't care who it is, but we need someone to bring at least a bit order into this whole thing. A bit more than moving the flame threads into the flame section.
+ 9999999999

the trolls need their butts kicked for good!

DreamT

Post by DreamT » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:20 am

AAAAAAAAA wrote::lol: Dream T, you sound exactly as my old German teacher. Are you trying to in Ordnung bringen unt zorechtstellen dieser Gerichtsstand ?? Rules rules rules. If you had any say here, this Forum would soon be dead by boredom. Keep to your rules if you like them so much and let other persons have their freedom. This is NOT former East-Germany here. Or Sweden.
I think your german teacher didn't do a very good job :) I think germs like you need rules, simply because you don't have the ability to care about the people you around you. And besides, you don't have to follow the rules, they were to be considered as hints.

Once again, what is the point of posting something that no one wants to read?
------------------------------------
A's bullshit spamfilter status: ON

AAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAA » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:31 am

8) Didn't you just read it. Ha ha. :roll:

AAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAA » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:43 am

Ragehead91 wrote:

+<9000
And let Ragehead write the whole thing. Then we at least have a continual Forum for a special type of people... How fun will that be?? But maybe this place isn't for fun???

palarmux

Post by palarmux » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:23 am

Why dont we talk about Tolkki's new Myspace than trolls in here? :wink:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:33 am

I wonder...about the interview of Ontrackmagazine last wednesday 7. It is not published in the Ontrackmagazine website and I can't find it.

Somebody heard the interview or something?
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

miditek

Post by miditek » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:24 am

palarmux wrote:Why dont we talk about Tolkki's new Myspace than trolls in here? :wink:
The ones that constantly whine about trolls and complain about being off-topic, and insist that the forum be respawned in an image that better suited them ironically would have been banned by RealTolkki(tm).

And as for RealTolkki's(tm) new ShitSpace page, it is, more or less, a billboard for his new guitar clinic tour in SA, sans a real band (because he is a difficult and capricious asshole that can no longer function in a band setting), and marketing propaganda attempting to elevate his status (at least in his own mind) to that of a Jimmy Page or a Ritchie Blackmore.

He'll probably choke on a Big Mac from McDo's with rage after the AAAAAAAAA(x) family starts to swarm that page and begin to vandalize it! :lol:
&#922;&#973;&#961;&#953;&#949; &#7952;&#955;&#941;&#951;&#963;&#959;&#957;

AAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAA » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:08 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes!!!

AAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAA » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:17 pm

Aldaron, Aldaron. What is up? Wasted resource? Helpful discussions? Is that coming from a guy that opened the door for us and showed us the way to Funnyland? Who, I say Who, was it that gave us the fucking funny, fantastic LLamas on the green meadow?
And Who, I say Who, came up with the fucking funny fantastic dogs? Just a question you can ponder over...

DreamT

Post by DreamT » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:21 pm

AAAAAAAAA wrote:

Aldaron,Aldaron. What is up???Wasted resource??Helpful discussions???Is that coming from a guy that opened the door for us and showed us the way to Funnyland?Who,I say Who, was it that gave us the fucking funny,fantastic LLamas on the green meadow??
And Who,I say Who, came up with the fucking funny fantastic dogs? Just a question you can ponder over...
But that wasn't funny either. It seems like you haven't understood the meaning of 'Fun'.

'Fun' could for for example be something like "Energizer Bunny arrested and charged with battery. " or "I'm as confused as a baby in a topless bar." This is generally something people laugh at. And, since your main concern is that people laugh, you should look into this. As for now, you are not 'funny', just 'strange'.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:05 pm

The llamas were funny! :D

Aldaron

Post by Aldaron » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:43 pm

AAAAAAAAA wrote: Aldaron,Aldaron. What is up???Wasted resource??Helpful discussions???Is that coming from a guy that opened the door for us and showed us the way to Funnyland?Who,I say Who, was it that gave us the fucking funny,fantastic LLamas on the green meadow??
And Who,I say Who, came up with the fucking funny fantastic dogs? Just a question you can ponder over...
Ah, but that is precisely my point. There should be fun threads but not every thread should dissolve into nonsense. I was talking to a lot of people during this tour and many won't come here because there is rarely any thread that doesn't at some point lose it's focus. Really, there is very little traffic in this forum for a band with this longevity.

Now the thread where our darling llamas appeared was purely for fun, or what some think is fun. :wink: But I do not recall any dogs. ??? Were you referring to the sheep?
Let's Rage!

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:02 pm

DreamT wrote: But that wasn't funny either. It seems like you haven't understood the meaning of 'Fun'.
I also thought it was very funny!

:jump2: :laff: :laff: :jump2::jump2: :laff: :laff: :jump2::jump2: :laff: :laff: :jump2:
'Fun' could for for example be something like "Energizer Bunny arrested and charged with battery.
That's funny too! If you could maintain this standard of humor, i'd be genuinely impressed! But you regress to the inanity of concatenating IQ's and watching teletubbies!?! But go ahead and post about it! I really don't mind! :rotflmao1:

I'm trying to understand why you think you can dictate the discussion here based on what you find funny? Every one of your posts is a sarcastic response to one of mine. What are YOU contributing to the discussion :lol:

:ola: :ola: :ola:

Let some guy write with all bold font, another can write in green, another guy can write really small so no one can read anything without copy-pasting into the address bar of their browser (haha, see I know!), and :lol: let :rotflmao1: a :) poor :cry: hapless :evil: A-Guy :x write :D with :laff: a :wink: smily :facial: between :idea: every :shud: word. Yay, for freedom!

The bottom line is...we are all a bunch of anonymous buncombes and don't have to abide by DreamT's arbitrary codes of conduct. And you'd save a lot of time (to concatenate iq's or watch teletubbies, or whatever you do for fun) if you just relaxed and let other people express themselves however they want. :crazy1: :rotflmao1: :crazy1:
I was talking to a lot of people during this tour and many won't come here because there is rarely any thread that doesn't at some point lose it's focus.
...and how many people could you have realistically had that exact conversation with? 2? 3? Or did you do some kind of scientific study? For all you know, maybe the silliness has brought a lot more viewers to the forum!? :lol: :lol:

:crowd1::crowd1::crowd1:

AAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAA » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:17 pm

:lol: :lol: I wonder why she is after just you. Maybe it is your avatar...

DreamT

Post by DreamT » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:32 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
DreamT wrote: But that wasn't funny either. It seems like you haven't understood the meaning of 'Fun'.

:jump2: :laff: :laff: :jump2::jump2: :laff: :laff: :jump2::jump2: :laff: :laff: :jump2:
'Fun' could for for example be something like "Energizer Bunny arrested and charged with battery.
That's funny too! If you could maintain this standard of humor, i'd be genuinely impressed! But you regress to the inanity of concatenating IQ's and watching teletubbies!?! But go ahead and post about it! I really don't mind! :rotflmao1:

I'm trying to understand why you think you can dictate the discussion here based on what you find funny? Every one of your posts is a sarcastic response to one of mine. What are YOU contributing to the discussion :lol:

Let some guy write with all bold font, another can write in green, another guy can write really small so no one can read anything without copy-pasting into the address bar of their browser (haha, see I know!), and :lol: let :rotflmao1: a :) poor :cry: hapless :evil: A-Guy :x write :D with :laff: a :wink: smily :facial: between :idea: every :shud: word. Yay, for freedom!

The bottom line is...we are all a bunch of anonymous buncombes and don't have to abide by DreamT's arbitrary codes of conduct. And you'd save a lot of time (to concatenate iq's or watch teletubbies, or whatever you do for fun) if you just relaxed and let other people express themselves however they want. :crazy1: :rotflmao1: :crazy1:
I was talking to a lot of people during this tour and many won't come here because there is rarely any thread that doesn't at some point lose it's focus.
...and how many people could you have realistically had that exact conversation with? 2? 3? Or did you do some kind of scientific study? For all you know, maybe the silliness has brought a lot more viewers to the forum!? :lol: :lol:

Ofcourse, anyone has their definition of funny. But, I can guarantee that People who likes when I make fun of your stupidity (which indeed is fun for me because it's so easy) > People who likes large amounts of smileys.

Someday the word 'empathy' will be introduced to you. Maybe you don't understand it, but we can hope so.

As you may notice, noone agrees with you? Isn't that sad?

DreamT

Post by DreamT » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:35 pm

DreamT wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:

Ofcourse, anyone has their definition of funny. But, I can guarantee that People who likes when I make fun of your stupidity (which indeed is fun for me because it's so easy) > People who likes large amounts of smileys.

Someday the word 'empathy' will be introduced to you. Maybe you don't understand it, but we can hope so.

As you may notice, noone agrees with you? Isn't that sad?
And yes, you are as free as you like to use your freedom of stupidity. Which you have done so far. But why?

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:04 pm

DreamT wrote:And yes, you are as free as you like to use your freedom of stupidity. Which you have done so far. But why?
why not? :wink:

Clearly my updated avatar shows support for this A. He's quite alright :)
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

DreamT

Post by DreamT » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:11 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
DreamT wrote:And yes, you are as free as you like to use your freedom of stupidity. Which you have done so far. But why?

Yeah right...

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:18 pm

DreamT wrote:
NeverendingAbyss wrote:

Yeah right...
I'm for overhauling the forum. We still can have the free-spirited nature here, but in a more behaved and civilised way.

DreamT

Post by DreamT » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:03 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
DreamT wrote:
NeverendingAbyss wrote:

Yeah right...
I'm for overhauling the forum. We still can have the free-spirited nature here, but in a more behaved and civilised way.
I agree. After all, internet forums are about saying your meaning. But, as you say, in a civilized manner.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:16 pm

and marketing propaganda attempting to elevate his status (at least in his own mind) to that of a Jimmy Page or a Ritchie Blackmore.
i really don't find anything that puts him at the historical significance of those two.
In the the renowned American “Guitar World” magazine, Tolkki has been ranked the 27th fastest guitar player in the world, as well as placing 84th of the 100 Greatest Metal Guitarists of All Time. He is also placing 54th in the new book "100 Greatest Metal Guitarists" by Joel McIver.
That pretty much all it says about his guitar and that just factual information. It also says that he is a big influence on power metal, but there are facts to back that up. Timo is one of the most frequently listed in inspiration lists from power metal bands.

Aldaron

Post by Aldaron » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:18 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote: ...and how many people could you have realistically had that exact conversation with? 2? 3? Or did you do some kind of scientific study? For all you know, maybe the silliness has brought a lot more viewers to the forum!?
Well, I went to more than one show, so it was more than 2 or 3 but hardly a scientific study. :P

Maybe the silliness has brought in more viewers, but not apparently posters. Seems always the same ones.

I never cared much about the content of this forum, but after the first show I attended on this tour, I thought the attendance was lower than I expected. So, I went on a number of other music-related forums to talk it up a bit. I was dismayed by how many people did not know they were touring. There were even some that didn't know they had a new album out and even a few who thought they had broken up. When I suggested they visit this forum to stay up on what the band was doing, I was again surprised by some of the negative responses. It made me think that it isn't good for fans to be uninformed on the band's activities and uninterested in visiting their forum. Thus my earlier posts.

But since most of you seem to like it this way and the band apparently doesn't mind, who am I to say anything?

Carry on.
Let's Rage!

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

I think the As are a complete waste of space. My opinion is that the guy(s) are total failures at life and they keep up their charade only to have momentary reaffirmation of their low worth and to make up for their lack of effectiveness. The constant bashing and referencing to genitals is only to maintain their sense of grandiosity because failure to do so would mean that they amount to nothing. All the meaningless bullshit breaks any sense of continuity in the discussions and brings a sense of indecency all the while with the aim of receiving outside approval for his (in)sanity. I see nothing positive about the As and agree that some things need to change

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:58 am

...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...