Timo Tolkki reflects on South American seminar tour

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Ragehead91
Timo Tolkki reflects on South American seminar tour

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:01 pm

REVOLUTION RENAISSANCE/ex-STRATOVARIUS guitarist Timo Tolkki has just completed a three-week "masterclass seminar" tour of Brazil. He writes on his MySpace page, "Now, having been at home for a week, I start getting some perspective to the seminar tour in South America.

"Due to several, shall I say plane arrangements, I finally arrived to the Helsinki airport via Frankfurt at 17:30 on the Xmas day (December 24) wearing a t-shirt. I forgot my jacket to the luggage and raised a lot of eyebrows in -20 celsius temperature. When I left Sao Paulo, the temperature was +34 celsius so it was bit of a shock.

"Overall, I traveled almost 100,000 km, albeit mostly by plane but also by a bus and an ass. It was heavy, but it was rewarding. The thing I feared the most was the heat and I did encounter temperatures like +42 celsius. But I did get used to that in less than three weeks.

"I went to cities that I have never been in Brazil, 17 in total and it is fair to say that I saw more Brazil than most of Brazilians ever will. Since I don't drink anymore I also had time to actually see something else than the airport, hotel and the venue. I saw places that were so amazing that I really have no words to describe them. The waterfalls in Foz Do Iguacu were one of them. It is one of the new seven wonders of the world.

"Of course, I saw also Paraguay, Colombia, Argentina and Ecuador. All countries rich in tradition and culture. I enjoyed them all very much.

"One thing that touched me the most was the connectedness of the people. How they greet their friends and how they say goodbye. Coming from a Finnish Lutheran atmosphere that is not always handled the same way here. Nokia-disconnecting people :)

"While in Rome, do as the Romans applies to South America more than anything and if you didn't go there before, you might be in for a surprise.

"The seminars were nice and people seemed to enjoy them. Sometimes they were advertised as normal rock concerts, which was not so nice, but these things happen.

"I met amazing people in the seminars, before and after. Heard lot of amazing really touching stories. Those who were there know by now that one of the main things of the seminar was communication and emotions. I think I delivered my message and what I wanted to share.

"I am sorry about the cancellations of the three seminars in Chile. The promoter cancelled them on the very day I landed to South America based on a claim that 'there was no music in my seminars,' which is, of course, an excuse. I also heard some of the people did not get their money back from the tickets they bought. Please send an email to ceo@goldenworks.fi about this with your information."

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ghLbuA_TXsY&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ghLbuA_TXsY&hl ... 9&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

browneyedgirl

Re: Timo Tolkki reflects on South American seminar tour

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:51 pm

He had to ride an ass? Poor Timo. :( But, glad he had fun and a enjoyable time on his tour. :bigok:

Fuuso

Post by Fuuso » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:21 pm

Riding an ass lololol *facepalm to self*
Seemed like a fun tour. Seeing one of his seminars would be awesome.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:59 pm

Maybe I should have said, Poor Ass. :buh:
:lol:

Seriously, after traveling so long Im sure TT is glad to get back home. :)

MikeKhalilov

Post by MikeKhalilov » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:37 am

Has anyone taken even a glance at that video? Pop open a nice cold beer and prepare to be entertained (or devastated, rather) :lol:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:40 am

MikeKhalilov wrote:Has anyone taken even a glance at that video? Pop open a nice cold beer and prepare to be entertained (or devastated, rather) :lol:
Until you mentioned it, I did not notice the video :lol:
I'll follow your advice. I think there is some Heineken in the fridge. Coronas will do too! :D

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:14 am

I posted a video the other day on a similar topic, and said I hadn't like it...
In contrast, I found this one... and let me take back ALL what I said back there xD... the drums are great, I actually love some little things Bruno does in the song. I must say I can't wait to a full tour by RR

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5bORs75K_3E&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5bORs75K_3E&hl ... 2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:49 am

OMG! Gus sounds absolutely terrible! I didn't like his voice on the album, but live it is much worse...

palarmux

Post by palarmux » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:30 pm

I liked the video :)

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:05 pm

Tolkki's guitar sounds really sloppy in both clips :\

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:26 am

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This singer is awful. I couldn't watch past the first 3 minutes. Okay, yea... need a beer :lol:

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:45 am

Some more... :)

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-3MrxNPoq8Y&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-3MrxNPoq8Y&hl ... 2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>
Tony Kakko

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:28 am

im not sure how the singer is awful, here he is off some of the time, not any different from kotipelto being off from time to time, but a for the studio and many other recordings he hits his notes on pitch like any good singer should

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:40 am

What I think is that Gus is a rookie singer next to Kotipelto, Kiske, Kakko or Sammet. I'd say it's fair to give him some time. He'll sure improve as time goes by, like any other singer. Best example is Tony Kakko in the Succesor live album from 2000. He's a totally different singer now.
Tony Kakko

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:40 am

I think he is ok but he didn't do very well ion the beginning of that song but improved later on.

He is quite good in studio too.

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:32 am

Ok maybe I shouldn't say he's awful, I just don't like him one bit.

Babylonian

Post by Babylonian » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:39 am

HinatAArcticA wrote:I posted a video the other day on a similar topic, and said I hadn't like it...
In contrast, I found this one... and let me take back ALL what I said back there xD... the drums are great, I actually love some little things Bruno does in the song. I must say I can't wait to a full tour by RR

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5bORs75K_3E&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5bORs75K_3E&hl ... 2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>
I liked that video and Gus's voice. It's unfair to review singer on ground of Youtube video, because Youtubes videos are Youtube quality. Same happened with Anette Olzon: many people said, that they didn't like her voice on ground of Youtube video, but some people who listened her on Nightwish gig said, that she sounds great. Same happened with Timo Kotipelto too: some of his Youtube videos sounds not so good.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:45 am

people can always say they don't like a voice, Babylon does not like him even when he sings correctly let along when he has some problems.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:10 am

icecab21 wrote: Babylon does not like him even when he sings correctly let along when he has some problems.
And is it a misdemeanor, or a felony? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:54 am

it makes further posts about him redundant since we already know that no matter what she won't like it.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:40 pm

...felony :lol: :lol:

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:53 pm

Next show is September 3rd, joined by many special guests! Make sure you do not miss it!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:45 pm

eternity_strato wrote:Next show is September 3rd, joined by many special guests! Make sure you do not miss it!
Who are the special guests? And what makes them special? ??? ??? ???

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:33 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
eternity_strato wrote:Next show is September 3rd, joined by many special guests! Make sure you do not miss it!
He's talking about Revolution Symfonience gig. Look that thread below

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:04 pm

Ilsekena wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
Yep.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:52 pm

eternity_strato wrote:
Ilsekena wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
Yep.
Ok. Gotcha!

Image :D

Arnold Layne

Post by Arnold Layne » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:05 am

Who is he pointing to?

Arnold Layne